{'en': 'How overweight becomes diabetes?', 'es': '¿Como el sobrepeso se convierte en diabetes?'} Image

How overweight becomes diabetes?

fer's profile photo   01/14/2023 6:41 p.m.

A new study of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Washington in St. Louis (United States) can help explain how excess weight can contribute to diabetes and can provide researchers with an objective to help prevent or delayDiabetes in some people at risk.

The findings, which have been published in the magazine 'Cell Metabolism', suggest that many people with high insulin levels, an early score of the risk of diabetes, also have defects in an important enzyme for the processing of a key fatty acid of thediet.

"Between 30 and 40 million people in the United States they have type 2 diabetes, and another 90 to 100 million have risk factors that make them prone to develop type 2 diabetes in the future," said principal researcher Clay F. Semenkovich, Director of the Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipid Research of the Faculty of Medicine.

"Many at risk of diabetes have high insulin levels, a distinctive seal of insulin resistance and a sign that problems can be brewing. If we could intervene before they really develop diabetes, we could prevent significant health problems, such asheart disease, chronic kidney diseases, nerve damage, loss of vision and other problems, in a large number of people, "he said.

When a person has too much body fat, he tells the beta cells of the pancreas that they secrete more insulin.When insulin levels rise and remain high, the body can become insulin resistant and, finally, beta cells that secrete insulin can fail, which leads to diabetes.

Studying human fabric samples, Semenkovich, Professor Irene E. and Michael M. Karl;the first author Guifang Dong, PhD, senior scientist;Xiaochao Wei, Associate Professor of Medicine;and other researchers at the University of Washington found that insulin overproduction involves a process called palmitilation.This is the process by which cells join the fatty acid palmitate to proteins.

Thousands of human proteins can be joined to the palmitate, but the researchers discovered that when this fatty acid is not eliminated from proteins in beta cells, the final result is diabetes.When examining tissue samples of thin or overweight people, with and without diabetes, researchers found that people with diabetes had deficiency of an enzyme that eliminates the palmitate of beta cells.

"Hypersecretan insulin because this process goes wrong and cannot properly regulate the liberation of insulin from beta cells. The regulation of insulin release is partly controlled by this process of palmmitilation," said Semenkovich.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/14/2023 6:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
a new study of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Washington in St. Louis (United States) can help explain how excess weight can contribute to diabetes and canProvide researchers with an objective to help prevent or delay diabetes in some people at risk.

The findings, which have been published in the magazine 'Cell Metabolism', suggest that many people with high insulin levels, an early score of the risk of diabetes, also have defects in an important enzyme for the processing of a key fatty acid of thediet.

"Between 30 and 40 million people in the United States they have type 2 diabetes, and another 90 to 100 million have risk factors that make them prone to develop type 2 diabetes in the future," said principal researcher Clay F. Semenkovich, Director of the Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipid Research of the Faculty of Medicine.

"Many at risk of diabetes have high insulin levels, a distinctive seal of insulin resistance and a sign that problems can be brewing. If we could intervene before they really develop diabetes, we could prevent significant health problems, such asheart disease, chronic kidney diseases, nerve damage, loss of vision and other problems, in a large number of people, "he said.

When a person has too much body fat, he tells the beta cells of the pancreas that they secrete more insulin.When insulin levels rise and remain high, the body can become insulin resistant and, finally, beta cells that secrete insulin can fail, which leads to diabetes.

Studying human fabric samples, Semenkovich, Professor Irene E. and Michael M. Karl;the first author Guifang Dong, PhD, senior scientist;Xiaochao Wei, Associate Professor of Medicine;and other researchers at the University of Washington found that insulin overproduction involves a process called palmitilation.This is the process by which cells join the fatty acid palmitate to proteins.

Thousands of human proteins can be joined to the palmitate, but the researchers discovered that when this fatty acid is not eliminated from proteins in beta cells, the final result is diabetes.When examining tissue samples of thin or overweight people, with and without diabetes, researchers found that people with diabetes had deficiency of an enzyme that eliminates the palmitate of beta cells.

"Hypersecretan insulin because this process goes wrong and cannot properly regulate the liberation of insulin from beta cells. The regulation of insulin release is partly controlled by this process of palmmitilation," said Semenkovich.

Exactly, sometimes the cause is not that the pancreas works badly, but overweight, and with diet and exercise disappears the risk of diabetes because the pancreas did not have to be so bad.
I agree

joaquillo's profile photo
joaquillo
01/15/2023 4:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Exactly, sometimes the cause is not that the pancreas works badly, but overweight, and with diet and exercise disappears the risk of diabetes because the pancreas did not have to be so bad.
I agree

joaquillo
01/15/2023 4:12 p.m.

I try to take care of my diet, since during my childhood and adolescence I have suffered on weight and obesity, and exercise whenever I can, to avoid the risk of having diabetes, since in family there are several cases.
Years ago I was addicted to Coca Cola, and after an analytical I got the sugar a little higher than normal, and the bulb was lit and only the consumption very once in a while, because I like the normal one: D

marivi's profile photo
marivi
01/16/2023 7:07 p.m.

marivi said:
I try to take care of my diet, since during my childhood and adolescence I have suffered on weight and obesity, and exercise whenever I can, to avoid the risk of having diabetes, sinceIn family there are several cases.
Years ago I was addicted to Coca Cola, and after an analytical I got the sugar a little higher than normal, and the bulb was lit and only the consumption very once in a while, because I like the normal one: D

Almost better do not try Coca Cola, not only because of sugar, it causes stomach ulcer etc, it is a serious.
You are doing very well, good luck

joaquillo
01/16/2023 9:01 p.m.

Joaquillo said:
marivi said:
I try to take care of my diet, since during my childhood and adolescence I have suffered on weight and obesity, and always exerciseI can, to avoid the risk of having diabetes, since in family there are several cases.

Almost better do not try Coca Cola, not only because of sugar, it causes stomach ulcer etc, it is a serious.

Could you pass me bibliography that says that Coca Cola causes stomach ulcer?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
01/16/2023 11:56 p.m.

Before diagnosing this disease if I had stomach discomfort I drank a cola and hand of saint

It can be harmful for many other things, the amount of sugar it has can cause obesity and decay, but the ulcer had never heard it

Like Diabestic I would like to see the source of that information, because if there is actually a study that demonstrates it, Coca Cola could be denounced before the OCU for the damages caused

pimbri's profile photo
pimbri
01/17/2023 12:35 a.m.

DM1 desde enero 2022, 29 años
Novorapid y Lantus
A1c: 6% (Abr 2022)
Freestyle 2

diabetic said:
Joaquillo said:
marivi said:
marivi said:
I try to take care of my diet, since during my childhoodAnd adolescence I have suffered on weight and obesity, and exercise whenever I can, to avoid the risk of having diabetes, since in family there are several cases.

You could pass me bibliography that says that Coca Cola causes stomach ulcer?

Of course, I put one, you will see many more putting in Google - Coca Cola stomach ulcer-

Link

joaquillo
01/17/2023 1:13 a.m.

@joaquillo, because for me the Coca-Cola is the best digestive, I take it without sugar and feel very good when I spend eating.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/17/2023 2:50 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@Joaquillo, because for me the coca-cola is the best digestive, I take it without sugar and feel very good when I spend eating.

Joaquillo, because for me the Coca-Cola is the best digestive, I take it without sugar and feel very good when I spend eating.

Maybe you feel good, no idea, each person is a world and not everyone has a strong stomach, it is like the alcohol that there are those who affect organs and others do not, but Coca Cola can damage the stomach walls, orIdea if you will influence favorable digestion in some people.
The truth is the Coca Cola of which it is not known its full formula I think it is very healthy, not only because of the sugar, I personally avoid it, occasionally if I can ever drink it the zero that will have edulcorants etc, apart from the soft drinks withBubbles are not highly recommended I also believe the bones etc, and each.

joaquillo
01/17/2023 2:54 a.m.

A sensationalist bulle, does not give medical data, sampling population, or periods or anything, or parts analyzed, tissues, etc. What biologists have participated?What internist? ..... and 1000 more questions that occur to me

It is a lie to damage the brand, and the Pepsi is good then?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/17/2023 8:51 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It happens to me as to @regina when I have heavy digestions, taking Coca-Cola works very well, if not, the alternative is to pull the Almax.

I have been consuming Coca-Cola for years, especially since the light came out, now the zero, and the zero-zero (no sugar, not caffeine), it is almost a soda ... so far (50 years soon) I have not hadNo adverse effect, or problem that may associate with the consumption of Coca-Cola.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/17/2023 9:09 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, I was doing the Coca-Cola badly.
Or well, maybe was the bottle of whiskey that accompanied the can hahahaha

ube's profile photo
ube
01/17/2023 9:22 a.m.

ube said:
Well, I did the coca-cola bad.
Or well, maybe it was the whiskey bottle that accompanied the hahaha can

: D +1

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/17/2023 10:03 a.m.

Joaquillo said:
diabetic said:
Joaquillo said:
Joaquillo said:
marivi said:
marivi said:
marivi said:
marivi said:
I try to take care of my diet, since during my childhood and adolescence I have suffered on weight and obesity, and exercise whenever I can, to avoid the risk of having diabetes, since in family there are several cases.

Of course, I put one, you will see many more putting in Google - Coca Cola stomach ulcer-

Link

1st I asked you about bibliography not for pamphletography
2nd Have you read the link, where does it cause ulcers?

A cordial greeting

diabestico
01/17/2023 10:24 a.m.

sandman said:
ube said:
Well, I did feel the coca-cola badly.
Or well, maybe it was the whiskey bottle that accompanied the hahaha can

: D +1

: D +2

diabestico
01/17/2023 10:24 a.m.

But do a test, take a steak and rock it with enough coca cola, the next day looks at what happens in the steak, if there are those who use it even to unblock

diabetic said:
diabetic said:
Joaquillo said:
Joaquillo said:
>>I try to take care of my diet, since during my childhood and adolescence I have suffered on weight and obesity, and exercise whenever I can, to avoid the risk of having diabetes, since in family there are several cases.

Link

A cordial greeting

It damages the stomach wall, and for giving you a fact, my cousin suffers from ulcer and one of the things that did not advise youLinks, ask your doctor to see what he tells you if you want more reliable info.

joaquillo
01/17/2023 11:57 a.m.

ruthbia said:
a sensationalist bulle, does not give medical data, sampling population, or periods or anything, nor analyzed parts, tissues, etc. What biologists have participated?What internist? ..... and 1000 more questions that occur to me

It is a lie to damage the brand, and the Pepsi is good then?

Pepsi, Coca Cola, Fanta and in general that type of drinks seem harmful to stomach, but this better consults it with your stomatologist, and each ... I choose to take it very occasionally

joaquillo
01/17/2023 11:59 a.m.

diabetic said:
Joaquillo said:
diabetic said:
diabetic said:
Joaquillo said:
Joaquillo said:
Joaquillo said:
Joaquillo said:
marivi said:
marivi said:
marivi said:
marivi said:
marivi said:
marivi said:
marivi said:
marivi said:
I try to take care of my diet, since during my childhood and adolescence I have suffered on weight and obesity, and exercise whenever I can, to avoid the risk of having diabetes,since in family there are several cases.

Link

A cordial greeting

By deference I have bother to look for a link of a health page, it mentions all the negative effects of soft drinks such as Coca Cola, affects nervous, carcinogenic system, bone mass loss, etc. and also the stomach and gastritis and gastritis andulcer, causing acidification etc, I leave the link

Link

joaquillo
01/17/2023 12:06 p.m.

That article is written by a Cuban and verified by a Venezuelan

North Korea will also have some study against Coca Cola (brand reference of capitalism)

pimbri's profile photo
pimbri
01/17/2023 12:16 p.m.

DM1 desde enero 2022, 29 años
Novorapid y Lantus
A1c: 6% (Abr 2022)
Freestyle 2

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.