{'en': 'Can you self -manage diabetes?', 'es': '¿Se puede autogestionar la diabetes?'} Image

Can you self -manage diabetes?

fer's profile photo   01/19/2023 5:39 p.m.

@Cassie: I also use this pen for the theme of 1/2 units.But this is not the "intelligent."The one that can be linked to LibreLink is called Novopen Echo Plus "

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
01/25/2023 1:14 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@ENSALADA Yes the same as with the normal pen.
@Ricki21 ahhhhh .... Well, I didn't know .... The truth was that I did not try to link her ... hahahaha
But this one already seems to me about the disposable ones only because of the fact of being able to look at how many units I have started the last time ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/25/2023 1:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Here you have the video that ABBOTT has sent me related to the intelligent pen
Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
01/25/2023 1:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

I pass, it is very expensive and you have to have two, one for each type of insulin.And the needles are special and faces (the business is here above all).Estimated useful life 2 years.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/25/2023 1:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I pass, it is very expensive and you have to have two, one for each type of insulin.And the needles are special and faces (the business is here above all).Estimated useful life 2 years.

I see more useful for the rapid, which is the one that we put the most, in different doses every time and that generates more forgetfulness and they have a potentially dangerous effect.
For the basal I find it expendable.As for the price, we will have to study if it compensates ...

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/25/2023 2:11 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
I think we already self -manage diabetes.We measure the glucose, calculate the HC rations that we are going to eat, we decided how quickly insulin put ourselves to face each meal, we correct if we are high, let's complement if we are low.We decided how much slow we put in function of fasting glycemia.All of that is self -management.
The article speaks rather "-Automatization".The pen would ask me for kings because I am very clueless (I think I have some attention deficit) and, as I do not immediately point in the app the dose that I have put on, after a while I do not know if I have put 1, 1, 1, 5 or 2, or I haven't put on anything because the pot has gone.That pen would transfer the data automatically to the app, I would be great.
It's about having what they now call "data quality."It gives me a lot of anger when I download the freeview report and is full of holes in the basal doses or in the rations of the meals.So you cannot draw conclusions and improve treatment.

I have it, the rechargeable pen, but the data is not passed automatically.You have to place the top of the pen against the mobile reader (NFC).It is a bit gain.I have a long rechargeable pen that tells me when and how many I have put myself, I just had to write it down in the free app.Now I don't have to write it down.The only advantage that I see is that if I forget to write it down, it has memoria and it does not matter at what time I bring it closer to the mobile, since it makes all the annotations that have not been made before.

Amga's profile photo
Amga
01/30/2023 7:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.