{'en': "I'm new here", 'es': 'Soy nueva por aqui'} Image

I'm new here

Maimen's profile photo   02/10/2023 8:10 a.m.

Good morning.Yesterday it was the fourth night that my husband was lantus 4 units and this morning at three hours of putting it on 69 and has been badly found.It has scared a lot.What is done in this case?Do we have to download Lantus? Thanks

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/14/2023 7:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of course, lower it to 3.

Another thing would be to put it when getting up instead of the night to reduce night hypos

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/14/2023 7:58 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Okay.One question: With Lantus there are only K control fasting glycemia?Or also those of the rest of the day before and after meals?The fasting glycemia of these four days have been 104, 111, 160 and 106 today. Thank you

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/14/2023 8:03 a.m.

Okay.One question: With Lantus there are only K control fasting glycemia?Or also those of the rest of the day before and after meals?The fasting glycemia of these four days have been 104, 111, 160 and 106 today. Thank you

Isabelbota said:
of course, lower it to 3.

Another thing would be to put it when getting up instead of the night to reduce night hypos

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/14/2023 8:07 a.m.

The ideal would be to control it before and after each main meal to see if it covers it all day ...
In order not to make hypos at dawn (which is what happened to me at the beginning) better to inject it in the morning as they have told you.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
02/14/2023 10:24 a.m.

Without going down the 4 unid put it in the morning?Pk the during the day has lowered the levels before and after eating but it has some measurements in 200

Cassie said:
the ideal would be to control it before and after each main meal to see if it covers itWell all day ...
Not to make hypos at dawn (which is what happened to me at the beginning) better to inject it in the morning as they have told you.

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/14/2023 10:26 a.m.

maime said:
ok.One question: With Lantus there are only K control fasting glycemia?Or also those of the rest of the day before and after meals?The fasting glycemia of these four days have been 104, 111, 160 and 106 today. Thank you

The Lantus is a slow or basal insulin.That means that the glucose base level drops, that is, it puts you at a good level as long as you don't eat.To lower meals, the rapid and other oral medications would be.
You can control after meals if you want, more information have, but what tells you if you are putting the correct dose of slow (Lantus in this case) is the value you give on an empty stomach when you get up.If it is between 70 and 120 that indicates that the dose of Lantus is correct.

isabelbota
02/14/2023 10:36 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you very much

Isabelbota said:
maimen said:
ok.One question: With Lantus there are only K control fasting glycemia?Or also those of the rest of the day before and after meals?The fasting glycemia of these four days have been 104, 111, 160 and 106 today. Thank you

The Lantus is a slow or basal insulin.That means that the glucose base level drops, that is, it puts you at a good level as long as you don't eat.To lower meals, the rapid and other oral medications would be.
You can control after meals if you want, more information have, but what tells you if you are putting the correct dose of slow (Lantus in this case) is the value you give on an empty stomach when you get up.If it is between 70 and 120 that indicates that the Lantus dose is correct.

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/14/2023 10:38 a.m.

@Maimen told you about the measurements before and after eating to make sure you don't need quickly, not for the lantus.If you have 200 measurements, you would also need fast at meals ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
02/14/2023 10:45 a.m.

Cassie said:
@maimen told you about the measurements before and after eating to make sure you don't need fast, not by the lantus.If you have 200 measurements, you would also need quick at meals ...

Or no, that being type 2 can prescribe other oral treatments ...

isabelbota
02/14/2023 10:46 a.m.

It already takes 50/850 eukles every 12 hours

Isabelbota said:
cassie said:
@maimMake sure you don't need fast, not for the Lantus.If you have 200 measurements, you would also need quick at meals ...

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/14/2023 10:47 a.m.

It has been fine until two more or less months ago with the oral diabetics

maimen said:
already take eukles 50/850 every 12 hours
Isabelbota said:
>
Cassie said:
Cassie said:
@maimen told you about the measurements before and after eating to make sure you don't need fast, not by the lantus.If you have 200 measurements, you would also need quick at meals ...

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/14/2023 10:48 a.m.

@isabelbota good I said quickly, but it would have been more correct to say that the doctor evaluates the correct treatment.A type 2 diabetes if everything that was due to the years has not been controlled.insulin, pills or what ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
02/14/2023 10:51 a.m.

maime said:
already take eukreas 50/850 every 12 hours
Isabelbota said:
@maimI told you about the measurements before and after eating to make sure you don't need quickly, not for the Lantus.If you have 200 measurements, you would also need quick at meals ...

Already, but there are lots of different treatments.In type 2 diabetes, unless you see the C peptide and check that your pancreas no longer works or almost do not usually send quickly.Try everything before.

isabelbota
02/14/2023 10:53 a.m.

Cassie said:
@Isabelbota I have said fast, but it would have been more correct to say that the doctor evaluates the correct treatment.A type 2 diabetes if everything that was due to the years has not been controlled.insulin, pills or what ...

Just forgive, the post following yours I wrote it without having seen this.

isabelbota
02/14/2023 10:56 a.m.

I just called the nurse and when telling him, K has not touched the 4 units of Lantus and K maybe hypoglycemia has been due to the dose of the Euka Night.K there is K value him after a few more days.And k so do not change Lantus in the morning.He is overwhelmed last night and I worried, the truth

Isabelbota said:
cassie said:
@isabelbota good I said quickly, but I would haveMost correct say that the doctor evaluates the correct treatment.A type 2 diabetes if everything that was due to the years has not been controlled.insulin, pills or what ...

Just forgive, the post following yours I wrote without having seen this one.

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/14/2023 11:44 a.m.

Puff .. Lantus's problem is that he peak at 4 o'clock, hence hypoglycemia.In these cases, the injection time must be advanced, for example at 7pm, thus about 11pm is awake and you can eat a sugar or juice.
I used it for a few months and I had hypo every night, I changed it to breakfast.
The important thing about the basal is to get up in rank and be well between hours.
Do not change the dose for a hypo, only if they are 3 or more often.

The nurse is not a header or an endocrine, so I do not pay attention to them.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/14/2023 11:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I understand k hypoglycemia if it makes it non -eukreas.We continue then with 4 and we see how it goes?Is it click at 23:00, would it be better at another time?Forgive K to the best I am very heavy but I am worried

ruthbia said:
puff .. the problem of Lantus is that it peak at 4 hours, hence hypoglycemia.In these cases, the injection time must be advanced, for example at 7pm, thus about 11pm is awake and you can eat a sugar or juice.
I used it for a few months and I had hypo every night, I changed it to breakfast.
The important thing about the basal is to get up in rank and be well between hours.
Do not change the dose for a hypo, only if they are 3 or more often.

The nurse is not a header or an endocrine, so I do not pay attention to them.

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/14/2023 12:12 p.m.

@Maimen
If, as Ruthbia says the lantus peak (= maximum effect) at 4 hours, theirs is that at 4 hours you get awake, for whether you notice to take something.
Therefore I see her very bad time, because you will be sleeping.To prick you in the afternoon, because at 18-19 like the afternoon, so that the possible downturn caught you awake, or as I told you before, another option is to click on getting up.

isabelbota
02/14/2023 4:46 p.m.

Cassie said:
@Isabelbota I have said fast, but it would have been more correct to say that the doctor evaluates the correct treatment.A type 2 diabetes if everything that was due to the years has not been controlled.insulin, pills or what ...

A type 2 diabetes in no case is transformed into type 1, if it can evolve and become insulin as the type of type like type 1

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
02/14/2023 8:43 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.