{'en': "I'm new here", 'es': 'Soy nueva por aqui'} Image

I'm new here

Maimen's profile photo   02/10/2023 8:10 a.m.

Good morning.

I am new here.I have decided to participate pk I am somewhat worried about my husband and I see him under mood.

He has type 2 for 11 years.He started with metmorphine and at 4 he was changed to eukreas k is with what K is now.

In the last analysis of glycemia 240, glyd of 9.9 and sugar in urine (500mg/dl).

The header has told him to start with Basal Lantus 4unid insulin for the night.

In Endocrine also considers K you have to click the basal and continue with eukreas too but it has told him K Toujeo 10unid.

We do not know PK do not match and we are a bit lost.

If you could tell me something I would appreciate it.

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/10/2023 8:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.
Do not worry about the quantities, the header is healing in health so as not to pass, but with the values ​​that has 4 units it is very little, I see the end of the endo more logical.
Anyway the basal is adjusted.To me at the beginning, as I was very high, I was paid 10, that we went up to 14. When I already went down to normal levels I went down to the 8 that I currently put on.
Decide if you pay attention to the endocrine or the header and you see how much you get up (if you do not have glycometer asking it - with insulin treatment you should give it to you - or the bad buy one, but it is that it is the only way to know if it does if it doeseffect).If for example you put 10 and go down, stay there;that at 3 days nothing has improved, because you upload two units;that goes down too much, you lower 2 units.Wait for always 2/3 days before making the change.
When it is always lifted between 70 and 120, that is the correct dose of slow.
And encourage your husband, which is a matter of finding the key to lower that blood glucose and punctures are nothing (I prefer to swallow my metformin pill ...)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/10/2023 8:34 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you very much for answering.The problem is the one who listens.Not coinciding with insulin or units to put… .. I don't know if it is better lantus or toujeo.The, k is clear, is k there is a low glucose.Today it has risen in 237 taking only wetlands.We hope to control it with eukreas and insulin

Isabelbota said:
hello.
Do not worry about the quantities, the header is healing in health so as not to pass, but with the values ​​that has 4 units it is very little, I see the end of the endo more logical.
Anyway the basal is adjusted.To me at the beginning, as I was very high, I was paid 10, that we went up to 14. When I already went down to normal levels I went down to the 8 that I currently put on.
Decide if you pay attention to the endocrine or the header and you see how much you get up (if you do not have glycometer asking it - with insulin treatment you should give it to you - or the bad buy one, but it is that it is the only way to know if it does if it doeseffect).If for example you put 10 and go down, stay there;that at 3 days nothing has improved, because you upload two units;that goes down too much, you lower 2 units.Wait for always 2/3 days before making the change.
When it is always lifted between 70 and 120, that is the correct dose of slow.
And encourage your husband, which is a matter of finding the key to lower that glycemia and the punctures are nothing (I prefer to swallow my metformin pill ...)

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/10/2023 8:46 a.m.

It depends on who trusts yourself.In principle, an endocrine knows more about diabetes than a header, in my case I trust the endo, another thing is that your head doctor gives you more confidence.
Regarding insulin, no matter, the two are slow (have you prescribed both?).
The important thing is that you start as soon as possible with insulin because they are very high values.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/10/2023 9:42 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The header has prescribed Lantus 4unid and the Toujeo 10unid endocrine.The truth is the header had to ask a partner before confirming k insulina put and how much.In principle, an endocrine knows more about diabetes than a header, in my case I trust the endo, another thing is that your head doctor gives you more confidence.
Regarding insulin, no matter, the two are slow (have you prescribed both?).
The important thing is that you start as soon as possible with insulin because they are very high values.

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/10/2023 10 a.m.

I would opt for the opinion of the endocrine, they have specific formation in diabetes, the head of the passenger ... to give you an example, I was badly diagnosed for 3 months because the header decided without becoming analytical that I wasType 2 diabetics (I presupposed by my age, 45, a year ago) and then in view of the fact that I did not improve and the Emergency Endocrine was worse, it began to guide me as type 1 and was not wrong, the analytics corroborated it.So I would never doubt which doctor to choose from.
When you start using insulin you will see how your values ​​will improve barbarity.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
02/10/2023 10:38 a.m.

Thank you so much.I also believe K is better to see an endocrine.Maybe this is a nonsense but how is it known type 2 diabetes?No specific test is done?Forgive but I have no idea of ​​this

cassie said:
I would opt for the opinion of the endocrine, they have specific formation in diabetes, the header is touched by passed ...To set an example, I was badly diagnosed for 3 months because the header decided without an analyticalEmergency endocrine began to guide me as type 1 and was not wrong, the analytics corroborated it.So I would never doubt which doctor to choose from.
When you start using insulin you will see how your values ​​will improve barbarity.

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/10/2023 10:44 a.m.

In principle, what is done is to do an analytical, which in the case of type 1 is the IgM and IgG antibodies come positive, if they are negative it is assumed that it will be type 2

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
02/10/2023 10:51 a.m.

Thank you

Cassie said:
in principle what is done is to do an analytical, which in the case that type 1 is the IgM and IgG antibodies come out positive, if they are negative it is presupposed that it will beType 2

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/10/2023 12:23 p.m.

Lantus and Toujeo are the same insulin Glargina, the difference is that Lantus lasts less than 20 to 22 hours and if it is peak and toujeo lasts more about 24 h.And it's flatter

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
02/10/2023 2:11 p.m.

Thank you.I understand k maybe Toujeo will be better

diabetic said:
lantus and toujeo are the same insulin glargina, the difference is that lantus lasts less than 20 to 22 hours and if you do peak and toujeo lasts more24 h.And it's more flat

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/10/2023 2:14 p.m.

@Maimen, I would put toujeo, which is more pla N na.
They usually give an initial guideline, and then adjust, better than one in one unit.
You usually need a little more toujeo q of Lantus, but from 4 to 10 it seems a lot of difference.
In that case I would put me, for example, 6 of Toujeo and I would adjust more if necessary.
You need a glucometer, which they give it when insulin is used.
To adjust well, try not to bed with more than 140 and get up with a similar figure.
Less than 140 when awakening and less than 180 two hours after eating.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/11/2023 12:02 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

We have the glucometer.Today has started with Lantus 4 Unid K is the K has put us
The header.Let's see how the thing is going.When is the insulin dose enough?How long is there to wait to see if it is the correct dose or is there k adjust it?

regina said:
@maimen, I would put toujeo, which is more pla N na and durable than lantus.
They usually give an initial guideline, and then adjust, better than one in one unit.
You usually need a little more toujeo q of Lantus, but from 4 to 10 it seems a lot of difference.
In that case I would put me, for example, 6 of Toujeo and I would adjust more if necessary.
You need a glucometer, which they give it when insulin is used.
To adjust well, try not to bed with more than 140 and get up with a similar figure.
Less than 140 when awakening and less than 180 two hours after eating.

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/11/2023 12:17 a.m.

If you wake up high two days in a row, you go up a unit.Measure at bedtime and waking up.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/11/2023 12:32 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much

regina said:
If you wake up high two days in a row, you upload a unit.Measure at bedtime and waking.

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/11/2023 12:33 a.m.

Good morning.Last night my husband punctuated Lantus 4 units for the first time.Did you used to have 240 basal glucose and has risen with 108. Is K with the first dose of insulin down like this?Thank you

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/11/2023 8:36 a.m.

In diabetes there is no normality.Each one has their particular reaction to insulin and the hydrates he eats.Raising to 108 is phenomenal, do not move the dose of 4 of Lantus because you have succeeded the first.
For the moment.Because the "fun" diabetes is that it is changing and you have to adapt the dose to needs.
If you get up 3 days in a row above 140, you go up a unit.
If you get up one day below 70, you lower a unit.
I recommend you exercise.That he forces to walk 10,000 daily steps and at least two days per week, exercise force.The improvement that these routines have on glycemia makes the effort deserve.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/11/2023 10:49 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Thank you very much for answering.I will tell how the days go by and see if it has been successful.

salad said:
In diabetes there is no normality.Each one has their particular reaction to insulin and the hydrates he eats.Raising to 108 is phenomenal, do not move the dose of 4 of Lantus because you have succeeded the first.
For the moment.Because the "fun" diabetes is that it is changing and you have to adapt the dose to needs.
If you get up 3 days in a row above 140, you go up a unit.
If you get up one day below 70, you lower a unit.
I recommend you exercise.That he forces to walk 10,000 daily steps and at least two days per week, exercise force.The improvement that these routines have on glycemia makes the effort deserve.

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/11/2023 10:55 p.m.

I was going to tell you to all this that goes out to walk.If you do not like I know that it is a pain but it also helps to regulate, especially if it comes out after eating something that tends to raise glucose a lot if you have not changed food guidelines.It is what I do and I do well, my body behaves like type 2 because my pancreas still generates insulin.In your case, I will surely notice improvement.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
02/12/2023 7:33 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Thank you so much.We will follow your advice to walk every day

nila said:
I was going to tell you all this that goes out at least to walk.If you do not like I know that it is a pain but it also helps to regulate, especially if it comes out after eating something that tends to raise glucose a lot if you have not changed food guidelines.It is what I do and I do well, my body behaves like type 2 because my pancreas still generates insulin.In your case, I will surely notice improvement.

Maimen's profile photo
Maimen
02/12/2023 11:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.