{'en': 'Strength exercises', 'es': 'Ejercicios  de fuerza'} Image

Strength exercises

meginer's profile photo   02/22/2023 8:40 p.m.

To those who usually do sports, I wanted to ask you if you do strength exercises, which and how.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/22/2023 8:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It depends on what you look for, hypertrophy, maintenance, definition ...
I am taking volume right now until the desired weight reaches and when I get it I will keep and define

pimbri's profile photo
pimbri
02/22/2023 10:57 p.m.

DM1 desde enero 2022, 29 años
Novorapid y Lantus
A1c: 6% (Abr 2022)
Freestyle 2

pimbri said:
depends on what you look for, hypertrophy, maintenance, definition ...
I am taking volume right now until I reach the desired weight and when I get it I will keep and define

I do not look for anything specifically, well, yes, especially eliminating abdomen fat and gain resistance, but above everything I asked because it is always said that diabetics is good for us to alternate cardio and aerobic with force exercises.And I above all do the first.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/22/2023 11:10 p.m.

I do not know can eliminate located located, fat is eliminated equally throughout the body, the problem is that the abdomen is the main place where it accumulates
To lose fat you need a caloric deficit, spend more calories than you consume
I only did strength exercises, I did not do cardio, so I can't help you on that subject
If you need more information we can speak privately, I am not a coach or I consider any expert in the field, but I can talk to you from my experience that is forged by rehearsal and error

pimbri's profile photo
pimbri
02/23/2023 12:05 a.m.

Novorapid y Lantus
Freestyle 2

@Meginer, I don't know if you thought about Yoga, my daughter half an hour a day, with a kind of the Internet, and it is very good for everything, even for the back, that hurt so much computer.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/23/2023 5:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@meginer, I don't know if you thought about yoga, my daughter half an hour a day, with a class of those on the Internet, and it is very good for everything, evenFor the back, it hurt so much computer.

Yes, I once do it although not much, the truth, because I am more cane, hehehe, I do a lot and aerobic and body step
Doing only yoga no, one day I have done it as a complement to one of those classes more thistle but I do not have time always.
I do not know if yoga is considered the exercise of force.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/23/2023 7:46 a.m.

pimbri said:
I don't know how to eliminate localized fat, fat is eliminated equally throughout the body, the problem is that the abdomen is the main place where it accumulates
To lose fat you need a caloric deficit, spend more calories than you consume
I only did strength exercises, I did not do cardio, so I can't help you on that subject
If you need more information we can speak privately, I am not a coach or I consider any expert in the field, but I can talk to you from my experience that is forged by rehearsal and error

I don't care about Cardio because I do more, one day a week I sometimes do squats, launch and things like that, in a class in the gym that is similar to the gap, but I don't know if it's enough, the truth is thatIt bores me a bit although I know it's good.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/23/2023 7:48 a.m.

Exercises with elastic gums or bands are very good and adapt to all types of profiles.Strengthen is also worked and you don't have to go to the gym or fill your weight house.

It is convenient to request information according to the profile of oneself since all the bands are not equal, some have more rigidity than others and therefore offer greater or lesser resistance (if they are purchased very resistant to people who are strong, because you do not even move them andYou get bored apart from working anything obviously).

For abdominal fat I would not know how to tell you the truth ... I suppose that the logical thing is to make abdominals, but I do not know if this is used to eliminate fat as well or only strengthen the area.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/23/2023 12:57 p.m.

@meginer This is the routine I started.If you are interested, I can send you the PDF (with more levels) by email.Images can only be sent here

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/23/2023 3:36 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
class =

Well, I am interested, thank you very much!I send you a private message for this group.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/23/2023 4:12 p.m.

Question: Where do you get the willpower?I haven't done anything at all, I don't feel like anything, I get home exhausted from work.😔

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/23/2023 7:07 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
Question: Where do you get the willpower?I haven't done anything at all, I don't feel like anything, I get home exhausted from work.😔

It's about getting routines.I do not have much willpower and I am quite proclasting.But I have internalized that exercise is necessary to handle my health (or what remains of it) and I have incorporated new routines in my life.
As a teleworking two days/week, one of the training I do on Monday at 8, before sitting to work.I assure you that I almost never feel like it but then I feel very good with myself.
I also take time from under the stones to walk.There are days that the sofa target at 10 at night.
In March I will leave homemade training because they are very boring and I would need more material and more space that I don't have.I'm going to sign up for a gym, to see if I get the calm and go regularly.
Exercise gives you dopamine, at first you reluctantly do it but then you are fond of.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/23/2023 8:40 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Buff is not my case @ENSALADA I have never liked the exercise, I always suspended gymnastics in school 😀😀😀

In my neighborhood there are no gyms, so even more lazy.I love sports at home during the pandemic, I have everything, but 3 months ago I do nothing.I walked 8km in an hour and a half, and now not even that.
I have changed jobs and now I have to go 3 days to the OFI that exhausts me, I had 3 years of teleworking, so I was rested for everything.I get old 😆🤣🤣🤣

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/23/2023 10:29 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:

Well, I did some sport before but I always looked for an excuse, or it rained or was very hot to go (here in the south 40 degrees from June to September or more), so for four years I go to the gym, inMy neighborhood does not add the schedules either, I take the car 15 minutes from home.Depending on the work shift that I have, I go in the morning or in the afternoon, yes, I go to directed classes that is fun and motivates you more and I have already taken it as a routine and I go at least four days a week.I love the Body Combat and the STEP, I have a good time and I know the same people who go to the same classes.
It is a matter of organizing.
Between that and the low food in hydrates, the insulin resistance has lowered me a lot, I have a lotlot.
I try to walk but it is not the same.
It's like everything, put it in your day by day

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/23/2023 11:29 p.m.

ruthbia said:

I am a farmer, 80% of the days my work is physical and many days I do not feel like going to the gym, but I have proven that training helps me a lot to maintain a good blood glucose, stable and without peaks
So a lot

pimbri's profile photo
pimbri
02/24/2023 12:13 a.m.

Novorapid y Lantus
Freestyle 2

This exercise, because yes, is complicated.I explain myself: First of all you have to like you.If you meet this requirement, you have it easier.In my case, I've been doing it daily.At first much more to the gross and without approach.Over the years, and injuries, you lower intensity but learn to better manage efforts.

In case it serves something, currently with the cold, under 2 hours from Monday to Friday to the gym, the first hour force exercises with the machines and free weight and the second on 50 'of medium-high effort spinning and 15'of stretching and abdominals.The Findes, if the weather allows it on 100 km of road bike, Saturday and Sunday.And when the weather conditions are very unfavorable, as Treking by the mountain.But of course, I don't work and I have all the time in the world at my disposal.But I insist: it is not an obligation or a medical or aesthetic mandate.I like it and I am comfortable practicing sports.If said that, if from the appearance of diabetes in my life allows me better glycemic control, then honey on flakes.

If you have never exercised continuously, if it is not something that you liked, or if you have given preference to other obligations or hobbies, my recommendation is that you start very slowly.The most appropriate would be that you started with classes directed in a gym where they will tell you how to do the exercises without injury.Incorporating it as another routine, either by medical or aesthetic advice.I assure you that in a very short time, with constancy, you will check a palpable improvement in your physical state and that will motivate you not to leave it, in addition to feeling much better with your body.You will rest better, you will feed yourself in a healthier way and all your medical analytics will approach the desirable standards.

Courage, that the results when you start, and you are constant, are quite fast and rewarding.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
02/24/2023 8:29 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Grace to all for your comments.
I look for excuses continuously, I have the advantage that I am super active and I burn a lot without exercise, but when I do it if I have better glycemia.
I get crazy to clean every day, which also burns glucose, but not as much as sport and my house is Mini and cleaning about clean is not much effort.

Let's see if I can sleep more than 5 hours and find myself rested to return to exercise.The stress of work does not let me sleep and I do not want to medicate, so I sleep in a row 2 hours I wake up another hour and so on until I do about 5, the day that more 6.
As I said I left it 2 months ago, before I forced me to aerobic, weights and tape every day.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/24/2023 9:48 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

wove said:
this of exercising, because yes, it is complicated.I explain myself: First of all you have to like you.If you meet this requirement, you have it easier.In my case, I've been doing it daily.At first much more to the gross and without approach.Over the years, and injuries, you lower intensity but learn to better manage efforts.

In case it serves something, currently with the cold, under 2 hours from Monday to Friday to the gym, the first hour force exercises with the machines and free weight and the second on 50 'of medium-high effort spinning and 15'of stretching and abdominals.The Findes, if the weather allows it on 100 km of road bike, Saturday and Sunday.And when the weather conditions are very unfavorable, as Treking by the mountain.But of course, I don't work and I have all the time in the world at my disposal.But I insist: it is not an obligation or a medical or aesthetic mandate.I like it and I am comfortable practicing sports.If said that, if from the appearance of diabetes in my life allows me better glycemic control, then honey on flakes.

If you have never exercised continuously, if it is not something that you liked, or if you have given preference to other obligations or hobbies, my recommendation is that you start very slowly.The most appropriate would be that you started with classes directed in a gym where they will tell you how to do the exercises without injury.Incorporating it as another routine, either by medical or aesthetic advice.I assure you that in a very short time, with constancy, you will check a palpable improvement in your physical state and that will motivate you not to leave it, in addition to feeling much better with your body.You will rest better, you will feed yourself in a healthier way and all your medical analytics will approach the desirable standards.

Courage, that the results when you start, and you are constant, are quite fast and rewarding.

What a crack you are made ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/24/2023 10:03 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelbota, nor pa dog meat ... hahahaha

Arse's profile photo
Arse
02/24/2023 12:20 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

meginer said:
to whom you usually do sports, I wanted to ask if you do strength exercises, which and how.

If you have type 2 diabetes, force is the first to improve, cardio as a complement.
You don't need to get like Hulk.
The exercises depend on your physical state, from squatillas clutch to a chair to free weight .....
Are there people who say, I can't make strength, I'm very bad, I ask them, can you get up from a chair ???Feet then for 30 seconds get up and sit down all the times you can, then rest 30 seconds and start again, like 4 times.
If you train strength either with your weight, in machines or with free weight think one thing, if you can lift that weight 15 times without costing you is that you have not done anything.
Reaching 10/15 Repetition has to cost you, that you feel that at most you could have one or 2 more repetitions.
Training strength is the only thing that "fixes" insulin resistance, Cardio burns sugar but does not use mitochondria for that so it's like taking pills today well tomorrow.
And caloric deficit to lose fat, does not mean diet and eat little but burn 200 calories a day more than you eat

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
02/26/2023 11:02 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.