{'en': 'New hope', 'es': 'Nueva esperanza'} Image

New hope

Lowcarb's profile photo   04/14/2023 7:37 p.m.

Good to all!

I have been spent this recent article about a possible cure of diabetes.What do you think?

Article in Spanish and summarized:
Link

Here the scientific article in English:
Link

Greetings,

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
04/14/2023 7:37 p.m.

Hijo con 6 años con DM1. Novorrapid, Lantus, FreeStyle.

A cell injection every 5 years, without immunosuppression.A dream.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/14/2023 8:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

"The key has been to create insulin -producing human cells that are not recognized and attacked by the immune system"

A priori looks very good.Let's see how human subjects are going.Let's cross your fingers.If I go well, I sign up.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/14/2023 9:09 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It sounds very good.I hope it works

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
04/14/2023 11:15 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Ah I believed that the last phase before moving to humans was with monkeys and then humans and almost always lost in years and years and forgot, we will see if the great pharmacists let the investigation continue or not, the money depends onLoot, if you don't buy all vials and scientists and freezer

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
04/15/2023 12:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I hope you have a route and work.

That said, I have my doubts about whether in Spain it would be financed massively as a first -line treatment (if it costs more than insulin almost certainly because they will claim that there is an effective and less expensive alternative).

I think that it will be approved for people who have an uncontrolled diabetes that for the reason that is not able to stabilize with insulin.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
04/15/2023 2:46 p.m.

Hopefully the problem we have will be like paying it ...

Isi's profile photo
Isi
04/15/2023 7:53 p.m.

Hello everything that is investigating to cure type I diabetes seems perfect to me will not give me time but if you can benefit all the children and young people who come behind I am very happy and that this disease is for a lifetime and it is veryLong you start a child and one day with 50 you look in the mirror and you say I am still here with my pen in tow a lot of technology but continue with your insulin up and down and the sequelae that touch you.
I hope it is for everyone if clinical trials work not restricted for those who have sequelae what interests are that young people never have them.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
04/16/2023 4:36 p.m.

I think it should be for all type 1 forced, type 2 is totally different from 1 in type 2 there is insulin although sometimes it ends in type 1 diabetes with small doses of punctured insulin, type 2 is easily controllable, but we will seeThe evidence in diabetic people on 2024-2025 because this is asked to the authorities and read that according to what is takes between 1 year or 2 years to authorize

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
04/22/2023 12:01 a.m.

Those works Lis began to read in the newspaper El Mundo 25 years or more.They go sooo slowly.Let's see if one day they end successfully

ebano58's profile photo
ebano58
04/23/2023 11:41 a.m.

ebano58 said:
those lis works I started reading in the newspaper El Mundo 25 years or more.They go sooo slowly.Let's see if one day they end successfully

I don't think it's the same study 25 years ago.
25 years ago there was talk and began to rehearse in the pancreas transplantation field and "there was talk" of using stem cells, but did not advance.
Now it has been achieved (in rats) create and transplant some generically modified stem cells so as not to awaken the immune system.
The device that encapsulates cells has also been created and that is more advanced.

It is true that "the cure" is slow, but we are not talking about the same techniques or the same knowledge.

We have to support ourselves, I know that you have not done it with bad intention but your pessimism has made me cry all the afternoon of this Sunday.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
04/23/2023 8:29 p.m.

25 years ago "El Mundo" talked about the healing of diabetes in a patient with transplanted and encapsulated cells.But it was false, the man did not carry the encapsulated cells, he used immunosuppression.The encapsulated cells not being in contact with the blood died fast due to lack of oxygen.

Now those problems are already apparently solved.There are modified beta cells that could be injected without encapsular and are the ones that say they could live about 5 years.Another project also talks about capsules where blood can enter without problems.

The problem is that journalists have been exaggerating and misrepresenting so much on this issue (and everyone else) that when a viable and possible therapy arrives, people no longer believe it.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/23/2023 11:10 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

They will have to spend some years of security tests, to ensure that these modified cells do not give problems.
But the treatments will advance, also in increasingly autonomous bombs
Meanwhile, patience and keep taking care.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/24/2023 2:52 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

No, the autonomous bombs will not advance.Stop trusting that.Injected insulin has a very high action delay and the other interstitial sensor.

It is absurd to try to overcome that with algorithms.O Biological cells and components are passed or we will never advance.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/24/2023 3:33 a.m.

Well, cells for 5 years, with a postoperative period, immunosses and frequent controls, do not compensate for me.
If any other health problem is added, there will be many non -viable cases.

I see the autonomous bomb system more feasible and fast and that I am one of those who rejects the bombs.

And as they will always start with children, so when I touch, I will be in the 80s or so, so already eraduate, eye, but happy with my feathers.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/24/2023 8:27 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello.Well, call me naive, but I don't want to stop thinking that there will be progress, no doubt!I trust a lot in everything innovative of the artificial intelligence that is being talked about so much.For such technology, in some years I do not think that the design of very advanced algorithms that can improve the calculations for the delay of insulin and the sensors is any problem.Technology advances much faster than science, and although a cure would be ideal, if the technological systems that help us so much, welcome.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
04/24/2023 9:25 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

ruthbia said:
Well some cells for 5 years, with a postoperative, immunodeepressors and frequent controls, they do not compensate me.
If any other health problem is added, there will be many non -viable cases.

I see the autonomous bomb system more feasible and fast and that I am one of those who rejects the bombs.

And as they will always start with children, so when I touch, I will be in the 80s or so, so already eradicted, eye, but happy with my feathers.

But this new technique says that it will only need an intramuscular punctured and without immunosuppression.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
04/24/2023 9:26 a.m.

We will see but I have little hope, it is as always when 5 years will say we will remember ..... to me 25 years ago my endocrine already told me that the stem cells was a chimera to cure type 1 diabetes and alreadyI said in its day that this disease is a huge business for products related to the control/care of this disease, needles, reactive strips, exogenous insulins, and then the complications involved in diabetes derive in treatments that give much more money 🤑🤑🤑All this funded by governments and their public health systems such as Spanish, always for pharmaceuticals it will be profitable to chronify before healing, always, the world economy is sustained

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
04/24/2023 12:37 p.m.

rogerix said:
we will see but I have little hope, it is as always when 5 years pass we will say you remember ..... to me 25 years ago my endocrine already told me that the thing about thestem cells was a chimera to cure type 1 diabetes and I already said that this disease is a huge business for products related to the control/care of this disease, needles, reactive strips, exogenous insulins, and then the complications it impliesDiabetes derive from treatments that give much more money 🤑🤑🤑 All this funded by governments and their public health systems such as Spanish, always for pharmaceuticals it will be profitable to chronify before healing, always, the world economy is sustained>

But stem cells have already healed rats in the laboratory and the new essay will be done this year in humans.

In addition, they are also in time to start another economic system based on treatments and maintenance of stem cells.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
04/24/2023 1:09 p.m.

@Lowcarb ignore the comments of the forum, each one goes to their ball, there are only contradictions and advice that sometimes make me almost cry, people advise without knowing anything, everyone knows more than doctors and endocrineSomething, but based on trial and error, in the background diabetes is the same for everyone unless there are other complications, the forum use only if you feel only or want to speak or as I simply ignore 99%Of things, greetings and you don't eat coconut, today he gave them the denial for another day without reason will be the milk of positive

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
04/24/2023 1:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.