{'en': 'Insulina and Andalucia', 'es': 'Insulina y Andalucia'} Image

Insulina and Andalucia

BaradDurr's profile photo   06/16/2023 11:13 a.m.

Hello good..

I have been looking at the forum and I have not found an answer to my doubt (I may not look good, I apologize in that case).

My question is the following, this is my first summer with insulin and for what I have read this one deteriorates when it exceeds 30º.I reside in Andalucia and in the next few days we will reach 40º (on the street) so I am worried about the possible deterioration of the insulin that I have started at home.

The question is the following, something happens if I keep the insulin started in the fridge and I take it out a few minutes before putting it (so that it is not very cold) and then I keep it again in the fridge?

Thanks in advance for the inconvenience and I feel if the question is a rookie.

BaradDurr's profile photo
BaradDurr
06/16/2023 11:13 a.m.

DM2 mal diagnosticada en 2017, realmente LADA diagnosticada en Enero de 2023.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Baraddur said:
good ..

I have been looking at the forum and I have not found an answer to my doubt (I may not look good, I apologize in that case).

My question is the following, this is my first summer with insulin and for what I have read this one deteriorates when it exceeds 30º.I reside in Andalucia and in the next few days we will reach 40º (on the street) so I am worried about the possible deterioration of the insulin that I have started at home.

The question is the following, something happens if I keep the insulin started in the fridge and I take it out a few minutes before putting it (so that it is not very cold) and then I keep it again in the fridge?

Thanks in advance for the inconvenience and I feel if the question is as a rookie.

I am from a town in Seville and I keep it in the frigo after clicking.I also take her out about ten minutes before to temper.

The rapid that I take to work is carried in a kind of case of those that carry bags that cool in the freezer.I caught her a couple of years ago on Amazon and a couple of feathers and needles enter me.
What happens is that I do not know how to put the link, but we are doing a quick search you should get many options.Also in specialized online stores such as Diabetika they must have options.

In summary, even if they tell you that open insulin is kept out, because not.That in this area we pass easy from 40º in summer and I do not think it is very convenient to have them at room temperature.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
06/16/2023 12:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am using it in the case, the fast and slow, I am from Seville.I have never had any problems, to see, I usually do these temperatures I am not on the street at 40 degrees, or I am in my house with the air on or in a closed establishment also with air and I do not leave the bag al.sol.
If still, I anticipate that I will be a long time with a lot of heat, I cooled my insulin case (which I usually have and have to make a refrigerator, I put a photo.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/16/2023 12:28 p.m.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/16/2023 12:29 p.m.

I use this thermal bag that I bought in the Diabetika store:

Link

On the Internet there are other models of wallets or thermal bags to conserve insulin.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/16/2023 12:32 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
I use this thermal bag that I bought in the diabeika store:

Link

On the Internet there are other models of wallets or thermal bags to conserve insulin.

Me too, they are great for insulin to remain at a constant temperature, not very cold or very hot.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/16/2023 12:35 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I also use the cold wallet.I like it a lot.From now on I will prepare it for one day I have to take the insulin away from home, so far I left insulin out of the fridge because it did not do much temperature, but now I keep it there and take it out a few minutes before

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/16/2023 1:16 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

@Sandman, @meginer, @ricki21, @isabelbota, @nila

Thank you very much to everyone, as comment is my first summer with this, I know that I still have many first moments with this diabetes, but little by little I will learn.(More than anything because you learn or the spicy, hehe .: P)

BaradDurr
06/17/2023 10:26 a.m.

Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Sandman, @meginer, @ricki21, @isabelbota, @nila

Thank you very much to everyone, as comment is my first summer with this, I know that I still have many first moments with this diabetes, but little by little I will learn.(More than anything because you learn or the spicy, hehe .: P)

BaradDurr
06/17/2023 10:27 a.m.

Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Of course, little by little you are doing !!The carterite is very comfortable because with the water of the inner wets that is gel and you already have a couple of days of use or so that being away from home goes very well too, if you are traveling for example

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/17/2023 10:33 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Well, in Madrid .... Cold we don't pass.
As it was and the insulin takes it refrigerated because above 23 degrees it spoils.

I have another 4 road case.The photo is 2.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/17/2023 3:19 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
in Madrid .... cold we do not pass.
As it was and the insulin takes it refrigerated because above 23 degrees it spoils.

I have another 4 road case.The one in the photo is 2.

Where have you bought that, is it water?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
06/17/2023 4:56 p.m.

It is a gelatin that is regenerated with water, every 4-5 days I put it in water and about 15 min.
When the gelatin is dried, it releases cold, about 6-7 degrees with respect to the ambient temperature.

I bought it at the Diabetika store, there is a link in the forum.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/17/2023 5:07 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

OK thanks

diabestico
06/17/2023 6:24 p.m.

meginer said:

Advice, never keep insulins with needles put ..

marine's profile photo
marine
06/19/2023 4:50 p.m.

marine said:
meginer said:

Because?

diabestico
06/19/2023 4:53 p.m.

diabetic said:
marine said:
meginer said:
meginer said:

Why?

Because it is an oxidation point and premature deterioration of insulin ... because with the needle put air and you can annoy the plunger that pushes the units of the pen ...

marine's profile photo
marine
06/19/2023 6:16 p.m.

Ahh, ok, one thing I have noticed, is that when the feathers go in half and the purges no longer comes out the insulin to pressure but goes drop to drop, this is normal?

diabestico
06/19/2023 10:14 p.m.

diabetic said:
ahh, ok, one thing that I have noticed, is that when the feathers go in half and the purges no longer comes out the insulin to pressure but it comes out drop by drop, thisIs it normal?

If you purge it again it already comes under pressure.If the first does not come out, I purge it again.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/19/2023 11:31 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thanks Isabel

diabestico
06/20/2023 8:38 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.