{'en': 'Slow insulin and exercise', 'es': 'Insulina lenta y ejercicio'} Image

Slow insulin and exercise

mkthyl's profile photo   07/26/2023 7:44 p.m.

Good morning,

I shed 12 units of Toujeo daily when I got up, on an empty stomach and after the daily glycemic control.

I am thinking of changing the exercise that I do (walking and running approximately 4 km) of last hour from day to first.

My question is, when I should prick insulin in this case, after exercise?

Before?

And the glycemic control with which I adjust doses if there are large variations, also change it after exercise or do I keep it before?

Thank you so much!

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl
07/26/2023 7:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can put slow insulin when you want, it is not related to meals or with the physical exercise PQ is that, slow, it is gradually released throughout the day and usually lasts 24 h so the fact of which the fact thatFor example, you put it in the morning before or after, no matter, the function of slow insulin is not to counteract the effect of meals but to stable blood glucose between food and food.The fast if it is for meals.
The slow does not start to take its effect until after two or three hours, supposedly it does not have much peak but in practice it does, even the flattest have some peak and according to that, there are people who put it in the morning or at noonor at night to have stable blood glucose.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/27/2023 12:31 p.m.

meginer said:
slow insulin you can put when you want, it is not related to meals or with the physical exercise PQ is that, slow, it is gradually released throughout the day throughout the dayAnd 24 h usually lasts so that the fact of doing is physicallyfood and food.The fast if it is for meals.
The slow does not start to take its effect until after two or three hours, supposedly it does not have much peak but in practice it does, even the flattest have some peak and according to that, there are people who put it in the morning or at noonor at night to have stable blood glucose 24 h.

Good morning and thank you very much for your answer, I didn't know.And the glycemic control is more correct to do so before or after exercise?

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl
07/27/2023 1:08 p.m.

mkthyl said:
meginer said:
slow insulin you can put it whenever you want, it is not related to meals or with the physical exercise because that is that, slow, it is gradually released throughout the day and usually lasts 24 h so it is irrelevant to do the fact that ej is physically put in the morning before or later, it does not matter, the function of slow insulin does notIt is to counteract the effect of meals but to maintain the blood glucose between food and food stable.The fast if it is for meals.
The slow does not start to take its effect until after two or three hours, supposedly it does not have much peak but in practice it does, even the flattest have some peak and according to that, there are people who put it in the morning or at noonor at night to have stable blood glucose 24 h.

Good morning and thank you very much for your answer, I didn't know.And the glycemic control is more correct to do so before or after exercise?

Do you have type 1 or 2 db?
It is that it is different according to the type of DB.
But the first thing is that your dB educator informed you and advice PQ is something very basic all this.
If you get fast and slow insulin and you have no continuous meter, you will have to make profiles before and two hours of each meal, cdo do sports etc.I had no sensors, I made 10 and 12 daily controls.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/27/2023 6:51 p.m.

meginer said:
mkthyl said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
slow insulin you can put it whenever you want, noIt is related to meals or the physical exercise because it is that, slow, it is gradually released throughout the day and usually lasts 24 h, so the fact of doing is physical to do it in the morning before you put it beforeOr later, it doesn't matter, the function of slow insulin is not to counteract the effect of meals but stable blood glucose between food and food.The fast if it is for meals.

But the first thing is that your dB educator informed you and advice PQ is something very basic all this.
If you get fast and slow insulin and you have no continuous meter, you will have to make profiles before and two hours of each meal, cdo do sports etc.I had no sensors, I made 10 and 12 daily controls.

Without knowing it I imagine that it will be type 2 and that they will tell you to make a strip a day on an empty stomach, which is what will prescribe ...
I have lived that.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/27/2023 9:32 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
meginer said:
mkthyl said:
mkthyl said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
Slow insulin you can put it whenever you want, it is not related to meals or with the physical exercise PQ is that, slow, it is gradually released throughout the day and usually lasts 24 h so the fact is irrelevantFrom e e e ej physico in the morning you put it before or after, it doesn't matter, the function of slow insulin is not to counteract the effect of meals but maintain the blood glucose between food and food stable.The fast if it is for meals.

Without knowing it I imagine that it will be type 2 and that they will tell you to make a strip a day on an empty stomach, which is what will prescribe ...
I have lived that.

Good afternoon, I am type 2. I actually measure the fasting and if there is a lot of variation in two days in a row, the slow dose.I already have quite controlled the issue of food, exercise and such and variations are usually minimal.

As for the educator, the term makes me funny.For me the educators in this M .... of illness have been the users of this forum and oneself.The endocrine are sorry, one tells me that I only take a particular medication (Novornorm) when it ingested hydrates and another that always takes it to what it eats, one that takes statins for cholesterol even if it has it as a motherfucker and the other thatSo that I am going to take more medication if I have no cholesterol problems.In the end.

Thank you very much for your answer

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl
08/01/2023 7:20 p.m.

mkthyl said:
Isabelbota said:
meginer said:
meginer said:

I have lived that.

Good afternoon, I am type 2. I actually measure the fasting and if there is a lot of variation in two days in a row, the slow dose.I already have quite controlled the issue of food, exercise and such and variations are usually minimal.

As for the educator, the term makes me funny.For me the educators in this M .... of illness have been the users of this forum and oneself.The endocrine are sorry, one tells me that I only take a particular medication (Novornorm) when it ingested hydrates and another that always takes it to what it eats, one that takes statins for cholesterol even if it has it as a motherfucker and the other thatSo that I am going to take more medication if I have no cholesterol problems.In the end.

Well, indeed if what you want is to see if the amount of slow you get is correct, the control always getting up on an empty stomach.And then you do what you have to do: breakfast, exercise, etc.
I agree with you.I have learned everything I have been on my own, informing me in the forum and by other places.No one explained anything to me, not even how the fast insulin is going, but thanks to the forum and that I began to buy the sensor from the beginning, I have had no problem at all, total self -taught.
I do not know what community you are, but if you are from Andalusia, find out about here.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/01/2023 8:26 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
mkthyl said:
isabelbota said:
isabelbota said:
mkthyl said:
mkthyl said:
mkthyl said:
mkthyl said:
mkthyl said:
mkthyl said:
mkthyl said:
mkthyl said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
slow insulin you can put it whenever you want, it is not related to meals or with the physical exerciseIt is that, slow, it is gradually released throughout the day and usually lasts 24 h so the fact of doing is the fact of doing is the fact that you are physical in the morning you put it before or after, it doesn't matter, the function of insulinSlow is not counteracting the effect of meals but maintaining glycemia between food and food stable.The fast if it is for meals.

I have lived that.

Well, indeed if what you want is to see if the amount of slow you get is correct, the control always getting up on an empty stomach.And then you do what you have to do: breakfast, exercise, etc.
I agree with you.I have learned everything I have been on my own, informing me in the forum and by other places.No one explained anything to me, not even how the fast insulin is going, but thanks to the forum and that I began to buy the sensor from the beginning, I have had no problem at all, total self -taught.
I do not know what community you are, but if you are from Andalusia, find out about here.

I am from Murcia and they have told me the same but for the moment the endocrine does not want to manage it because he says that I samp me enough times a day, a nonsense like thousands of others.I am looking for if in an official bulletin or any document is published the conditions to read them and not depend on the opinion of a third party but I can't find anything

Thank you for your answer

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl
08/01/2023 8:29 p.m.

I believe that glycemic control is fine as you do;As soon as you get up, fasting and before exercise.
I put the slow morning at the beginning.Last winter I transferred him to the night because they recommended it to me in a kind of online academy of diabetes to which I signed up.It has the advantage that, as you have had the active day, you can also play with the slow dose.
My nurse says that if the day has been very moved or I have crushed to train I can consider lowering a slow unit.
I do not recommend that you measure you after exercise because the result will be erratic.Depending on the intensity of the exercise, the ambient temperature, the atmospheric pressure, your level of stress and the conjunction of several planets , the exercise can vary the glucose up or down andYou will not be able to draw conclusions or information to make decisions about insulin to administer.However, the newly raised morning is a more homogeneous condition, which will follow a pattern.
I agree with you that the management of diabetes is crazy, that each patient is a world and that it is about proof and error.And errors to helmet.When you think you have taken the point, a virus, a change of station or anything substantially changes insulin needs.And back to adjust, readjust and spend days through the clouds and other hypo after hypo.That is my experience with diabetes 1.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/01/2023 11:10 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
I believe that glycemic control is fine as you do;As soon as you get up, fasting and before exercise.
I put the slow morning at the beginning.Last winter I transferred him to the night because they recommended it to me in a kind of online academy of diabetes to which I signed up.It has the advantage that, as you have had the active day, you can also play with the slow dose.
My nurse says that if the day has been very moved or I have crushed to train I can consider lowering a slow unit.
I do not recommend that you measure you after exercise because the result will be erratic.Depending on the intensity of the exercise, the ambient temperature, the atmospheric pressure, your level of stress and the conjunction of several planets , the exercise can vary the glucose up or down andYou will not be able to draw conclusions or information to make decisions about insulin to administer.However, the newly raised morning is a more homogeneous condition, which will follow a pattern.
I agree with you that the management of diabetes is crazy, that each patient is a world and that it is about proof and error.And errors to helmet.When you think you have taken the point, a virus, a change of station or anything substantially changes insulin needs.And back to adjust, readjust and spend days through the clouds and other hypo after hypo.That is my experience with diabetes 1.

Thank you so much!

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl
08/03/2023 6:40 p.m.

A question, when uploading the slow dose, how many units is it convenient to climb at once?One in one?Two in two?

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
08/04/2023 9:37 p.m.

Two by two and rectify the three days if you have not succeeded

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
08/04/2023 9:55 p.m.

diabetic said:
two in two and rectify the three days if you have not succeeded

Ok, I have been maintained from 150-180 for 3 or 4 days and I want to change the slow to see if it improves the thing.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
08/04/2023 10:33 p.m.

Buff those values ​​are basal?If so, you should adjust the slow

diabestico
08/04/2023 11:13 p.m.

It depends on the dose that you put on.But try a unit and after two days you put another, if not enough.at once?One in one?Two in two?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/05/2023 4:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

diabetic said:
buff those values ​​are basal?If so, you should adjust the slow

The problem has been mostly among meals, which did not lower me from 150-160, eating and clicking the same as always.
Last night I uploaded 2 units to see how.
Today it seems that it is a little better.
It may be something punctual, we already know how this diabetes works.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
08/05/2023 11:31 a.m.

@Sandman the basal of measuring with morning blood glucose but I am of the opinion that also must be assessed by glycemia between hours, if it goes high, basal lack although one of lift in normoglycemic values.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/05/2023 1:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@sandman the basal of measuring with morning blood glucose but I am of the opinion that also must be valued the blood glucose between hours, if it goes high, basal lack although one of Levante in Levante inNormaglucemic values.

I have thought that.I have been with 7 to 15 schedules for a few days and a little dislodged for that.
In the morning I woke up more or less good, but after meals I did not go down to what I owed.
Last night I got the slow in two units and, although breakfast has been especially problematic, I am now stable two hours after eating.So I think so well.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
08/05/2023 4:20 p.m.

sandman said:
ruthbia said:
@sandman the basal of measuring with morning blood glucose but I am from the opinion that you also have to value the blood glucose betweenHours, if it goes high, basal missing although one of Levante in Normaglucémica values.

I have thought that.I have been with 7 to 15 schedules for a few days and a little dislodged for that.
In the morning I woke up more or less good, but after meals I did not go down to what I owed.
Last night I got the slow in two units and, although breakfast has been especially problematic, I am now stable two hours after eating.So I think so well.

I'm glad, let's see how lucky you've found the key

diabestico
08/05/2023 4:26 p.m.

diabetic said:
sandman said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
@sandman the basal of measuring with morning glucose butI am of the opinion that also to value glycemia between hours, if it goes high, basal lack although one of Levante in Normaglucémica values.

I'm glad, let's see how lucky you've found the key

It is normal, it had been 7 or 8 months without changing the dose of slow.I already played.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
08/05/2023 4:28 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.