{'en': 'Slow insulin and exercise', 'es': 'Insulina lenta y ejercicio'} Image

Slow insulin and exercise

mkthyl's profile photo   07/26/2023 7:44 p.m.

Another little thing as a note: since the arrival of the heats my needs, both slow and quickly have dropped significantly.16/18 u.to 14 from Tresiva.Regarding the rapid Humalog in total of the day in winter I have gone from 10U.at 7.5u.In summer.

Exercise and food low car on the same line, either cold or heat.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
08/07/2023 5:46 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Hello good!I don't know if it is quite correct to write it in this thread, but well.

I started doing some exercise 1 time per week, and they told me that I had to lower the fast and slow.The thing is that slowing down the day I exercise and the next, it goes well, but the rest of the days ... I am a higher pelin ...

Does the slow always have to be the same every day?Can't you modify a bit according to the activity you are going to do?Thank you so much!

laurosky's profile photo
laurosky
07/04/2024 11:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not touch her for the exercise, unless it is a lot.And that I exercise every day.But if one day I do not upload it.It is basal, that is what you would need without eating, move, etc.
Leave it in what you do well and lower the fast the day you exercise (if you see what is needed).
It is my advice, but above all the decision is in you, seeing what is doing better.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/04/2024 11:32 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@laurosky, look how you spend the night and wake up, that will give you the dose of slow.
If you exercise the days you are lower, you can counteract it with some right.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/05/2024 3:49 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

laurosky said:
good!I don't know if it is quite correct to write it in this thread, but well.

I started doing some exercise 1 time per week, and they told me that I had to lower the fast and slow.The thing is that slowing down the day I exercise and the next, it goes well, but the rest of the days ... I am a higher pelin ...

Does the slow always have to be the same every day?Can't you modify a bit according to the activity you are going to do?Thank you very much!

Only once a week .... do not touch the basal, only if you exercise more.The day of exercise, after doing so, you will notice that you will need less fast insulin.
If you exercise continuous, then yes, you will need to reduce the basal

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/05/2024 11:51 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I play with the basal depending on the activity that I will have the next day.If I am going to make hiking or strong training, under the eve.And the days that have many office hours and little movement, I upload it.
If I do not do so, training takes me to Hip.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
07/05/2024 2:15 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Ensalada to me too but @laurosky says that 1 time a week exercises.
For that, not to touch basal.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/05/2024 2:43 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
laurosky said:
good!I don't know if it is quite correct to write it in this thread, but well.

Does the slow always have to be the same every day?Can't you modify a bit according to the activity you are going to do?Thank you very much!

Only once a week .... do not touch the basal, only if you exercise more.The day of exercise, after doing so, you will notice that you will need less fast insulin.
If you exercise continuously, then yes, you will need to reduce the basal

Touching the basal have told me in the hospital, even if I do an exercise day ... I understand that it is because for now I use a few insulin and nothing that I move a little I am already in hiccum ... anyway I wanttry to do some exercise at home to move more than a mushroom hahaha

laurosky's profile photo
laurosky
07/07/2024 10:28 a.m.

salad said:
I play with the basal depending on the activity that will have the next day.If I am going to make hiking or strong training, under the eve.And the days that have many office hours and little movement, I upload it.
If I do not do so, the training takes me to Hip.

And do you have bolis?So if it can be modified "day by" the basal, right?With a bomb I will get the basal little by little ... I have many questions ... xD

laurosky's profile photo
laurosky
07/07/2024 10:29 a.m.

Yes, I use bolis.The nurse recommended that the eve of one more exercise than normal, for example an excursion through the mountains, lowered the basal.He also told me that if one day I had crushed me especially in the Gym, that night I got less, because the hypoglycemic effect lasted hours (I train in the afternoon).

The basal must adjust to your activity and every day they are not the same.

I do not go to the gym on Wednesdays and face -to -face work in the morning and afternoon office, that is the day that I wear the most basal and on Sundays I usually hiking (three hours) so on Saturday is when I least wear.

As always, in diabetes, each person has needs that respond to their unique characteristics.
I count my experience to defend that the basal is not immovable, that you can (and you must) adjust it to your needs that are variable.

Exercising with excess basal is hell, you will suffer hipp yes or yes, it is very desperate.

Do not make very sudden changes and see how it works, over time you will find the dose that you work.

To me the exercise is what cost me the most to drive until I combined basal adjustment and take some hydrate based on the glucose prior to training and the type of exercise I was going to do.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
07/15/2024 9:45 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.