{'en': 'Where are syringe and preloaded feathers?And general material of the pump?', 'es': '¿Donde se reciclan las jeringuillas y las plumas precargadas? ¿y material en general de la bomba?'} Image

Where are syringe and preloaded feathers?And general material of the pump?

thor's profile photo   09/04/2023 2:09 p.m.

Hello good morning everyone,

I wanted to ask a question, about the material used in diabetes, (insulin pumps, preloaded feathers, syringullias, needles etc ...,)

Where do you carry all this material to recycle?

Thank you so much!

thor's profile photo
thor
09/04/2023 2:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I give me the syringe plus the sensors in social security and there I have everything used .... they do it to me.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
09/04/2023 4:17 p.m.

Hi @thor

1. The feathers preloaded in the pharmacy, at the sigre point (white container that pharmacies usually have)

2. Needles, lancets and reactive strips in a sanitary waste container that provide you in the health center (at least in the Community of Madrid).It's like a Colacao boat, when you fill it, you take it, they take care of their treatment and give you another new.

3. THE SENSORS: I take off the membrane and the organic shot, take off the needle and put it in the container (point 2) and the disc itself I throw it to the section of button batteries of the clean point of my area,because they told me that way in the health center.

I can't tell you about the bombs, I don't use it and I don't know what you have to discard.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/05/2023 12:53 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

To organic garbage.Before they gave yellow buckets in the SS, but they no longer consider it "dangerous";They told me that everything in the garbage covers orange, in the brown the composting that is all in the end less diapers and hair ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/05/2023 1:08 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In my health center, in Madrid, they continue to provide me with yellow containers.And they pick them up even in the hospital when I go.I do not fit in my head that do not consider hazardous waste needles, what are they, then?Of course the needles of the analytics and vaccines do not throw them in the trash.And if you see a syringe in the street (which luckily is not usual; it was when I was a kid) of course you consider it dangerous.In the trash?Come on... :-(

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
09/07/2023 8:38 p.m.

Antonio200 said:
in my health center, in Madrid, they continue to provide me with yellow containers.And they pick them up even in the hospital when I go.I do not fit in my head that do not consider hazardous waste needles, what are they, then?Of course the needles of the analytics and vaccines do not throw them in the trash.And if you see a syringe in the street (which luckily is not usual; it was when I was a kid) of course you consider it dangerous.In the trash?Come on ...:-(

Well, they tell us that we get them in a boat and when you fill it we throw it well closed so that nobody is clicking in normal trash.All the needles go with their capuchas inside the boat.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/07/2023 9:37 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thor said:
hello good morning everyone,

I wanted to ask a question, about the material used in diabetes, (insulin pumps, preloaded feathers, syringullias, needles etc ...,)

Where do you carry all this material to recycle?

Thank you so much!

Good question, because nobody knows anything and when you ask you send you from one place to another.In my center, in addition, diabetes nurses also say they do not know anything.Looking online, on hospitals websites but also in blogs and forums like this, I have decided that the right and complete to separate is the following:

* Al Sigre (pharmacies) Only containers containing insulin remains: bolis, roads, pump spent deposits.In this I have also decided to include the infusion tubes and cannulas, but cutting the piece that has a needle, needles cannot be taken.

* All the pieces with needles (those of the boli, those of insulin load, the insertion of the cannula and the sensor, ...) we must deposit them in a closed container that, when it is filled, you have to throw in the trashNon -recyclable general.That is, nobody recycles this part.Note that in the free, the needle stays in the insertion mechanism with spring.I throw the whole piece into the box.

* Glucometer strips: I put them in an empty boat and also in the general non -recyclable garbage.

* Speed ​​sensors: if they do not include the transmitter (Medtronic and Dexcom), I have decided to throw them to the general non -recyclable garbage.Sometimes they carry traces of blood, but I don't think this is very important.In the case of free, whose transmitter is disposable, that includes electronics and a pile.I separate that part breaking the sensor and throws it into the batteries.

* And of course, containers, tapas, covers of adhesives to packaging and empty boxes to the paper.

If anyone knows anything else or finds some incorrect point, I would appreciate comments.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
09/10/2023 1:23 p.m.

I throw everything at the orange lid except the applicators of the free that go to yellow.

I can not disassemble the sensor.That they do it

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/10/2023 2:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia @"Cristóbal Cortés".It is not necessary to break the sensor, and it is convenient to throw the battery into the appropriate containers.It is easy to remove the filament that is inserted, you just have to press above with a ball in the hole that is seen.That part in the trash and the rest to the batteries.

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
09/13/2023 1:41 p.m.

Hello!Although I am recent in the world of diabetes I have been in the world of waste for many years !! the syringes and everything that "clicks" or is contaminated with blood is a hazardous waste and there is no one to throw it into the normal garbage container.They give you a container in the health center and they pick it up there perfectly. We must take it to a clean point and there they effectively collect them. The sigre point also also the sensor also to the clean point. And you don't have to manipulate anything. They pick it up and take it to a specialized treatment plant.

Estherilla's profile photo
Estherilla
09/14/2023 9:28 p.m.

Well, just like @isabelbota in my health center years ago they gave me a mini yellow container, and suddenly one day they told me that they have never given that, and that if I have one at home I took it.Yes, yes, don't worry, not today, Maaañana.I use that container to accumulate and when full I look for a glass boat that has spent (olives, tomato, jam ...) and put all the needles inside and throw it into the well -closed orange.
With the Free2 sensor, Idem, the applicator to the plastic and the one who took the glass boat.

valky's profile photo
valky
09/15/2023 8:35 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

isabelbota
09/15/2023 9:10 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello!I know we have spoken in other threads of this, but I can't find them ...
It will already make 3-4 months that do not give me the yellow recycling container in the ambulatory.
They told me to keep them, and that when I had many, I would take them somewhere well closed.
Well, I have saved them in a hard and well -sealed cardboard box and the other day was my husband to take them.
Let's go step by step with my outrage:

1. They tell him that they pick them up, but that they have to meet me.I understand this, because I consist of them as a patient treated.Okay.
But wait 40 '?

2. It finally enters the assistant and tells him that "how I bring that.""No, no ..".that "they have to be in plastic bottles with cocacola plug but 1l" because eye she has to put it in a yellow container of those that do not give us!And if it doesn't come in ... Is this a joke?
I mean, is she going to put it in a yellow container of health waste that I do not understand why they don't give us and on top of that I have to manage to see where I get the bottle?I drink cocacola from 2l.What happens now, what do I have to buy from time to time a 1L?

My husband left there without knowing what to say ...
How is this going?Now I buy the 1L cocacola, just to bring the needles?To spend plastic so that in the ambulatory they put them as in a yellow waste container?it's a joke...?
I wanted to take the needles well -seized in the cardboard box and leave them at the ambulatory door.
One tries to do it well, and put impediments everywhere ...
In the end they force us to take, throw them (even well closed) to the container or take them to the clean point that personally catches me quite far ... but this is not so ...

Yesterday I bought a bottle and I had to put one by one.They did not enter half ...

My question is (no longer is notified) can I take them in a bottle of Cocacola Zero?Or do they prefer Fanta?If it's water, what brand do you want ...?
It is that out of jokes, they don't even take it because they can't put it in their container ...

What indignation I have boys ... 😤😤😤😤
Question would be ... how do you carry it, in what containers/containers?

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
06/01/2024 9:47 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
Hello!I know we have spoken in other threads of this, but I can't find them ...
It will already make 3-4 months that do not give me the yellow recycling container in the ambulatory.
They told me to keep them, and that when I had many, I would take them somewhere well closed.
Well, I have saved them in a hard and well -sealed cardboard box and the other day was my husband to take them.
Let's go step by step with my outrage:

1. They tell him that they pick them up, but that they have to meet me.I understand this, because I consist of them as a patient treated.Okay.
But wait 40 '?

2. It finally enters the assistant and tells him that "how I bring that.""No, no ..".that "they have to be in plastic bottles with cocacola plug but 1l" because eye she has to put it in a yellow container of those that do not give us!And if it doesn't come in ... Is this a joke?
I mean, is she going to put it in a yellow container of health waste that I do not understand why they don't give us and on top of that I have to manage to see where I get the bottle?I drink cocacola from 2l.What happens now, what do I have to buy from time to time a 1L?

My husband left there without knowing what to say ...
How is this going?Now I buy the 1L cocacola, just to bring the needles?To spend plastic so that in the ambulatory they put them as in a yellow waste container?it's a joke...?
I wanted to take the needles well -seized in the cardboard box and leave them at the ambulatory door.
One tries to do it well, and put impediments everywhere ...
In the end they force us to take, throw them (even well closed) to the container or take them to the clean point that personally catches me quite far ... but this is not so ...

Yesterday I bought a bottle and I had to put one by one.They did not enter half ...

My question is (no longer is notified) can I take them in a bottle of Cocacola Zero?Or do they prefer Fanta?If it's water, what brand do you want ...?
It is that out of jokes, they don't even take it because they can't put it in their container ...

What indignation I have boys ... 😤😤😤😤
Question would be ... how do you carry it, in what containers/containers?

I don't carry them.They told me that they were throwing them into a plastic boat or glass with a plug and when it is full, well closed to normal garbage.And I do so.

isabelbota
06/01/2024 3:42 p.m.

I throw them in normal garbage, as well as the strips.
When they stopped giving me yellow containers, they told me that in the trash.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/01/2024 9:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, girls @ruthbia @isabelbota seems incredible to tell you that ... They as healthy health, know that health waste is class III and they carry a decontamination process, crushed and subsequently incineration.
I do not understand why they bombard us with the issue of recycling ... and in this important they pass from the subject ...
One tries to do well and be consistent so that there are no accidents, and in the end it is worth it ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
06/01/2024 9:45 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

I totally agree, a lot of advertising to recycling and then it is nozzle ...
But if they do not take the option it is normal.There are people who throw them yellow, but yellow is not a "plastic container" is a "packaging" container and needles are not packaging ...

isabelbota
06/01/2024 9:54 p.m.

Well, we are.When I lived in Toledo they didn't give me anything;I changed to Madrid and gave me the yellow container the first year, once full I returned it to the health center.They stopped giving it to me, saying that there was no need.The shot at normal garbage, but surely I do it wrong because between orange and brown lid, I get a mess.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/02/2024 4:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The same thing happened to me that @ruthbia, first they gave me the yellow container until one day they told me not to put them in a glass jar and threw it in the trash and I do that.When a mayonnaise glass jar is finished, or fried tomato or olives, clean it and throw the needles there.When it is full I put the lid to the glass jar and throw it in the normal trash that is orange.
I think that orange is "remains", and the brown is "organic", and in the yellow that are the "plastics" shoots the external cap of the needle.

valky's profile photo
valky
06/02/2024 8:06 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Crystal and normal garbage jar.It is a step back, but it is what there is.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/02/2024 8:34 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.