{'en': 'Diabetic and very depressed debut', 'es': 'Debut diabético y muy deprimida'} Image

Diabetic and very depressed debut

lanysky's profile photo   04/16/2023 2:43 p.m.

Hello everyone.

In January I was diagnosed with diabetes, my levels were horrible, we have glycoso 12,6 and 301 on an empty stomach.

I went into shock, I was in depression treatment and fear of having a disease, (something like hypochondriac but more exaggerated)

When I realized everything I involved I could not stop crying, analysis, diet, doctors, dietitians, swinging, etc.

But I can't, all this is very hard, I don't see it, I see myself unable to cope with all this and there are days that give me crisis.

I suppose it is normal, and that everything will happen but the "detoxification" of the sweet is very bad.

How do you manage it?

How did you feel when you debuted?

Thanks and greetings to all!

lanysky's profile photo
lanysky
04/16/2023 2:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

lanysky said:
hello everyone.

In January I was diagnosed with diabetes, my levels were horrible, we have glycoso 12,6 and 301 on an empty stomach.

I went into shock, I was in depression treatment and fear of having a disease, (something like hypochondriac but more exaggerated)

When I realized everything I involved I could not stop crying, analysis, diet, doctors, dietitians, swinging, etc.

But I can't, all this is very hard, I don't see it, I see myself unable to cope with all this and there are days that give me crisis.

I suppose it is normal, and that everything will happen but the "detoxification" of the sweet is very bad.

How do you manage it?
How did you feel when you debuted?

Thanks and greetings to all!

Well, when we debut fatal.Everything you say.A lot of fear, loneliness in my case (I live alone), sadness, hopelessness ...
But the body is wise and the intensity of those feelings is passed.And when the effects of good control are seen, the mood also raises.And over time diabetes is no longer the center of our life, it is bothering but life has more important things ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/16/2023 3:42 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Indeed, it is of course what I repeat every day, that I am fortunate for being "only" diabetes, which is a fucking jet, but there are a thousand worse things.

I understand that little by little everything will go better,
Although I am 38 years old and I think it is too early for this disease, although I did not know the issue of children's diabetes, and now I almost see mine as a gift, we will see to see.

lanysky's profile photo
lanysky
04/16/2023 3:46 p.m.

Welcome.
I also have depressions ....
What type of diabetes do you have ??, I am of type 2.
At the beginning of knowing it I managed them fatal, with 38 years I treated myself 1 year and then I went from everything.When I pass everything many parts of my body, so I tell you to do everything your doctor tells you and do not abandon !!
Now with 46 years I am more educated (from the age of 44 it was when I started to take the bull by the horns).You have to take care of yourself ...
All the best.

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
04/16/2023 3:59 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

@Lanysky: That you diagnose a chronic disease is a "stick", it's like spending a duel.I, 20 years old, left the consultation crying ... pay attention to everything the doctor tells you and you will see how you quickly learn to control your illness.Cheer up!

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
04/16/2023 4:10 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
@lanysky: that you diagnose a chronic disease is a "stick", it is like spending a duel.I, 20 years old, left the consultation crying ... pay attention to everything the doctor tells you and you will see how you quickly learn to control your illness.Courage!

Thank you so much .!Cheer up to you too!

lanysky's profile photo
lanysky
04/16/2023 7:48 p.m.

@Lanysky, a lot of encouragement, that everything is assumed and you will be relaxed.My daughter started with 5 years, she is already 34 and lives very quietly, she never prevented diabetes from continuing her life.
The duel was passed by my husband and I, but everything was normalized when we saw that it could be controlled.
Now he will touch you to learn a lot, but you have time, little by little you will calm down and return to your life.
Much encouragement and always ahead.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/16/2023 8:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@lanysky, much mood, that everything is assumed and you will be relaxed.My daughter started with 5 years, she is already 34 and lives very quietly, she never prevented diabetes from continuing her life.
We spent the duel very husband and I, but everything was normalized when we saw that it could be controlled.
Now he will touch you to learn a lot, but you have time, little by little you will calm down and return to your life.
Much encouragement and always ahead.

Thank you!If it's all quite difficult.Courage and congratulations for being such good parents!

lanysky's profile photo
lanysky
04/16/2023 8:44 p.m.

Hi @Lanysky, welcome to the forum.

I understand that it has been a difficult time after receiving a diagnosis of diabetes.It is normal to feel overwhelmed and worried about the changes you will have to make in your daily life to handle diabetes.But remember that you are not alone in this, there are many people in this forum and worldwide who are living with diabetes and who can share their experiences and support with you.

It is important to remember that diabetes is a manageable disease and that there are many resources available to help you control it and improve your health.Here in the forum, you can connect with other members who also live with diabetes, share experiences, advice and emotional support.

I invite you to actively participate and ask questions, since we are here to help you.You can also search online information and talk to your medical team for more information about how to handle diabetes.

In addition, if you are dealing with anxiety or depression related to the diagnosis of diabetes, it is also important to seek professional support.Your medical team can refer to a mental health professional who can help you handle these feelings and develop strategies to improve your quality of life.

Do not hesitate to ask and seek support!

fer's profile photo
fer
04/17/2023 9:36 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Lanysky
Are you a boy or girl?It is that according to each message I think a thing.

isabelbota
04/17/2023 9:49 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
@lanysky
Are you a boy or girl?Is that according to each message I think a thing.

Girl.He he.

lanysky's profile photo
lanysky
04/17/2023 9:50 a.m.

fer said:
hi @Lanysky, welcome to the forum.

I understand that it has been a difficult time after receiving a diagnosis of diabetes.It is normal to feel overwhelmed and worried about the changes you will have to make in your daily life to handle diabetes.But remember that you are not alone in this, there are many people in this forum and worldwide who are living with diabetes and who can share their experiences and support with you.

It is important to remember that diabetes is a manageable disease and that there are many resources available to help you control it and improve your health.Here in the forum, you can connect with other members who also live with diabetes, share experiences, advice and emotional support.

I invite you to actively participate and ask questions, since we are here to help you.You can also search online information and talk to your medical team for more information about how to handle diabetes.

In addition, if you are dealing with anxiety or depression related to the diagnosis of diabetes, it is also important to seek professional support.Your medical team can refer to a mental health professional who can help you handle these feelings and develop strategies to improve your quality of life.

Do not hesitate to ask and seek support!

Thank you for your words!!I will try to help in what I can!

lanysky's profile photo
lanysky
04/17/2023 9:50 a.m.

lanysky said:
Isabelbota said:
@lanysky

Girl.Hehe.

Okay.Is that after a message I wrote you "I'm lucky" and you already made me a mess..😅😅

isabelbota
04/17/2023 10:09 a.m.

Isabelbota said:
lanysky said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
@lanysky

Girl.Hehe.

Okay.It is that after a message I wrote you "I am lucky" and you already made me a mess..😅😅

My finger would go, sorry!

lanysky's profile photo
lanysky
04/17/2023 10:12 a.m.

pyrri said:
welcome.
I also have depressions ....
What type of diabetes do you have ??, I am of type 2.
At the beginning of knowing it I managed them fatal, with 38 years I treated myself 1 year and then I went from everything.When I pass everything many parts of my body, so I tell you to do everything your doctor tells you and do not abandon !!
Now with 46 years I am more educated (from the age of 44 it was when I started to take the bull by the horns).You have to take care of yourself ...
Greetings.

Hello!I hadn't answered forgiveness!

They made me antibodies and I left negative, so by history, for having had gestational diabetes 5 years ago with my baby and for overweight / obesity they have told me type 2.

Lada discarded, I lack peccid proof that did not do it and my header doctor either.Have how the pancreas is.

In addition, as I have been told that I have been, at least a year with her, made me background and have non -proliferative retinopathy.So we walk well.

lanysky's profile photo
lanysky
04/17/2023 10:16 a.m.

@LANYSKY MALE Woman ... We all have a bad drink with the diagnosis.It lasted a year.I've been on the verge of depression, I just wanted to cry and I whipped myself every time I had a climb.When you start "control" (and put it in quotes because you always can't) relax.You have to learn everything you can from it, see how your body responds, be very strict in the diet, ... You will surely pass a honey period that will facilitate adaptation.I debuted by type 1 with 45 years and I have to recognize that I was uphill up having to prick so many times after the day ... since I put the bomb I have realized that I have taken a turn and I am another.Any questions or restlessness that you have to share it in this forum, there are people who have been there for many years and who are always there when you need them.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
04/17/2023 11:01 a.m.

casssie said:
@lanysky mood woman ... we all have a bad drink with the diagnosis.It lasted a year.I've been on the verge of depression, I just wanted to cry and I whipped myself every time I had a climb.When you start "control" (and put it in quotes because you always can't) relax.You have to learn everything you can from it, see how your body responds, be very strict in the diet, ... You will surely pass a honey period that will facilitate adaptation.I debuted by type 1 with 45 years and I have to recognize that I was uphill up having to prick so many times after the day ... since I put the bomb I have realized that I have taken a turn and I am another.Any questions or restlessness that you have to share it in this forum, there are people who have been there for many years and who need them.

Thank you !!!

I will do that!

lanysky's profile photo
lanysky
04/17/2023 11:08 a.m.

Hi @Lanysky.
Although my experience with DM2 is very limited, I feel very identified with your situation and that is why I dare to answer you.And I do it above all to tell you that although I felt just as distressed, sick and lost in December 2022 I am after 5 months with values ​​that do not stop improving, 16 kg less, energy and determined to improve every day everything that depends onMy will and effort.
Finding the forum, telling your emotions and feeling less alone is already a huge step.Then, rethink all your daily routine from food, stress, rest, physical exercise ... It is a task that unfortunately the avalanche of efing tasks of "modern times" does not let us do or stop doing for attending a thousand more tasks.
To me, imposing myself 15,000 daily steps has helped me a lot.Especially my 6 km daily walk.With the mind floating, enjoying nature, listening to music ... Once you start the results they stimulate you ... so much that I now listen to all the foreros who recommend force exercises and I have begun to add this routine to my days.And blood glucose plummets, although my dumbbells gara are smiling at any expert!But since the goal is to be the best possible for you and for those who love you, it is worth encouraging you and fighting every day with optimism ...
Many encouragement!
The solution is in you.There is no magical medication, but mini changes in your lifestyle will turn the situation as you see it now.

wonderland's profile photo
wonderland
04/23/2023 11:50 a.m.

Hi @Lanysky, I debuted two years ago with 42 years and I try to see the positive side about my previous life, now I take care of myself, I exercise and lead a much better life.If diabetes had not reached my life, it would not lead such a healthy life.I don't know the age that you are but I feel fortunate because it came with a rather advanced age.Not everything is bad, although now I am starting to deal with the punctures (I started in January) and it is not pleasant, but I think there are things much worse, it really does not affect my life, nothing hurts ... nothing hurts ..... only that I have to click and not eat certain foods that if you think about it well are foods that do not come good to anyone.Much encouragement and look for the good side of things.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
04/23/2023 3:32 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Hello chic@s, I am 38 years old, I fulfill in June 39.

Thank you all for your advice.

They help me a lot, although I would like to lose more weight.I don't think I get to lose 16 kg.Hopefully, although I have been 9 in almost three months.Little by little.

lanysky's profile photo
lanysky
04/23/2023 3:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.