{'en': 'Pain when clicking', 'es': 'Dolor al pincharse'} Image

Pain when clicking

mkthyl's profile photo   05/04/2023 7:25 p.m.

Good afternoon,

Do you hurt the punctures of insulin?

I have been clicking for two months and I have recently hurts me not only the puncture itself but the 10 seconds that I endure until the button releases.

At first I did not notice so much discomfort.

I usually click on both arms and both thighs, in the stomach it is where I carry it worse and where it hurts the most.

I have come to think that heat could influence but I understood that insulin hurt when it was cold.

Any advice to do that time more pleasant?

Thank you so much!

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl
05/04/2023 7:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

mkthyl said:
good afternoon, do you hurt the punctures of insulin?I have been clicking for two months and I have recently hurts me not only the puncture itself but the 10 seconds that I endure until the button releases.At first I did not notice so much discomfort.I usually click on both arms and both thighs, in the stomach it is where I carry it worse and where it hurts the most.I have come to think that heat could influence but I understood that insulin hurt when it was cold.Any advice to do that time something more pleasant?Thank you very much

Do you change the needle frequently?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
05/04/2023 11:10 p.m.

@Diabestic, better to have insulin at room temperature and slow in the buttock, it hurts less.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/04/2023 11:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@diabetic, better have insulin at room temperature and slow in the buttock, hurts less.

The slow one in the culete hurts a lot, on my thighs a lot and in my arms I dare to prick because I have them wire and it gives me the feeling that I will click on muscle.So in the end I always ended up clicking on the abdomen.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
05/05/2023 9:52 a.m.

Where it hurts is 2cm around the navel.In the arms, in the forearm at shoulder height.
Legs hurts a lot.

I am full of bruises in the slow butt, they do not hurt but I have caught capillaries and I have broken them, I also hit myself with the peak of the window that hurts a lot, so a poem.And to top it up in the pimp with a closet yesterday more other capillary breaks at the lateral waist of the rapid.
I look like a Dalmatian this week.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/05/2023 10:22 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The slow one, as is more quantity, bother you put it where you put it.The rapid depends, sometimes it hurts and sometimes not.My theory is that there are "deaf points" where you do not match nerve endings and that is why it does not hurt.And I have also observed that, when it hurts, Moratón comes out.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/05/2023 10:33 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

diabetic said:
mkthyl said:
good afternoon, do you hurt the punctures of insulin?I have been clicking for two months and I have recently hurts me not only the puncture itself but the 10 seconds that I endure until the button releases.At first I did not notice so much discomfort.I usually click on both arms and both thighs, in the stomach it is where I carry it worse and where it hurts the most.I have come to think that heat could influence but I understood that insulin hurt when it was cold.Any advice to do that time something more pleasant?Thank you very much

Do you change the needle frequently?

Yes, of course, the needle is disposable and a new one is used in each puncture

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl
05/05/2023 11:07 a.m.

regina said:
@diabetic, better have insulin at room temperature and slow in the buttock, hurts less.

It is the only place that I have not yet punctured, I will try

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl

sandman said:
regina said:

The slow one in the culete hurts a lot, on my thighs a lot and in my arms I dare to prick because I have them wire and it gives me the feeling that I will click on muscle.So in the end I always end up clicking on the abdomen.

To me in the abdomen is where it hurts the most

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl

ruthbia said:
where less hurts is 2cm around the navel.In the arms, in the forearm at shoulder height.
Legs hurts a lot.

I am full of bruises in the slow butt, they do not hurt but I have caught capillaries and I have broken them, I also hit myself with the peak of the window that hurts a lot, so a poem.And to top it up in the pimp with a closet yesterday more other capillary breaks at the lateral waist of the rapid.
I look like a Dalmatian this week.

I will try where you say.Thank you so much!

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl
05/05/2023 11:08 a.m.

salad said:
the slow one, as is more quantity, annoy it where you put it.The rapid depends, sometimes it hurts and sometimes not.My theory is that there are "deaf points" where you do not match nerve endings and that is why it does not hurt.And I have also observed that, when it hurts, Moratón comes out.

We will have to get used to and take experience then.Thank you so much!

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl
05/05/2023 11:09 a.m.

@mkthyl: The following link can be useful to you
Link
I use 5mm needles.Nail the needle perpendicularly and with pinches in the abdomen area

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
05/05/2023 1:24 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Hello good!!
Try to inject at room temperature (the road in use may always be protected from extreme temperature and direct sunlight), try to do it in different places, in the absence of "hardness" (lipohiperdistrophias), with pinch and it is essential to use a needle every time (One use), and tests with smaller needles, the fermir has a maximum thickness of 2mm, so needles from 3-4mm are totally suitable, much more than those of 5-8 mm, sometimes their ownHealth we forget these issues.

I hope it is useful!

Jofuruc's profile photo
Jofuruc
05/06/2023 11:18 a.m.

I think as a salad that there are deaf points where you don't even find out that you click and others where you must catch nerve and it hurts a lot.That happens to me both with the slow (culete) and with the rapid (arms).It is luck.
Ah, and in general the left side hurts more than the right.Proven

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/06/2023 10:01 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello, I always punctuate myself in the abdomen and it never hurts.But what can I tell you that I was small bought some needles of less thickness.There are different measures maybe if you try some more finite you will better

caromorella's profile photo
caromorella
05/10/2023 2:10 a.m.

caromorella said:
hello I always puncture me in the abdomen and it never hurts.But what can I tell you that I was small bought some needles of less thickness.There are different measures maybe if you try some more finite you are better

To my look, in the abdomen is where it hurts the most and in the arms where the least

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl
05/10/2023 7:04 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
I think as salad that there are deaf points where you don't even find out that you click and others where you must catch nerve and it hurts a lot.That happens to me both with the slow (culete) and with the rapid (arms).It is luck.
Ah, and in general the left side hurts more than the right.Proven.🙄

Curious, thanks!

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl

jofuruc said:
good !!
Try to inject at room temperature (the road in use may always be protected from extreme temperature and direct sunlight), try to do it in different places, in the absence of "hardness" (lipohiperdistrophias), with pinch and it is essential to use a needle every time (One use), and tests with smaller needles, the fermir has a maximum thickness of 2mm, so needles from 3-4mm are totally suitable, much more than those of 5-8 mm, sometimes their ownHealth we forget these issues.

I hope it is useful!

Thank you very much for your help, I will take it into account!

mkthyl's profile photo
mkthyl

@mkthyl, the needle brand is also important, BD are almost painless.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/10/2023 7:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@mkthyl, the needle brand is also important, the BD are almost painless.

I agree.I have tried other brands and I am clear that I just want the BD brand.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
05/11/2023 9:22 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.