{'en': 'So can we only eat salad and vegetables like cows?', 'es': '¿Entonces solo podemos comer ensalada y verdura como las vacas?'} Image

So can we only eat salad and vegetables like cows?

Sherpa41's profile photo   10/07/2023 5:08 p.m.

Following the varied diet that was posting in the forum recently and seeing with my sensor, that criticisms towards her were not as unchanged as I believed ...

Has anyone managed to eat rice and pasta without the glucose curve being triggered?

Eating little or mixing it with much perhaps?

Comprehensive?

I do mix it, instead of getting up at half an hour it goes up to 2 hours, but the peak is equally bad and uncontrolled.

The salad never takes because I do not say it, repeat myself and swell my belly.The vegetable only as if I know later that I have a dessert chocolate paste.What ends me getting almost the same as if I took rice of 1st.

But is there something sweet or with hydrates (pizza, sandwich, rice, pasta) so that I will eat, there may be something more sad?

A day that is sick I am able to deprive me of it, but nothing more.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/07/2023 5:08 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well ... I at least, if I want to avoid certain peaks and be in rank to have less than 6'5 of hemoglobin, I am seeing that it is ...
I try to eat pasta, or rice once a week ... and a tiny ration because fabric!In addition to not mixing it with other things and counteracting that intake in the other meals with food from other groups.
The rest fruits and vegetables, proteins, and ... I don't get out much more.Let's see many things have HC and do not consider them as such.But I understand that you mean pasta plates, rice, and more forceful things.

And every day 1h exercise.

I am seeing that if I do not do so ... and I have special surveillance, at least I will not achieve my goal.In addition, I see that many battle partners feed like this, and they are doing well and their figures are more than acceptable.

For eg eating outside, the same is a challenge ... how much less HC better I control myself, less insulin, less fluctuations and less peaks.

One day you can pay tribute, of course!But one, not everyone ... in my case, I think I can't take it in another way.And a person who loves to eat tells you ...!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/07/2023 6:15 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Well ... I at least, if I want to avoid certain peaks and be in rank to have less than 6'5 of hemoglobin, I am seeing that it is ...
I try to eat pasta, or rice once a week ... and a tiny ration because fabric!In addition to not mixing it with other things and counteracting that intake in the other meals with food from other groups.
The rest fruits and vegetables, proteins, and ... I don't get out much more.Let's see many things have HC and do not consider them as such.But I understand that you mean pasta plates, rice, and more forceful things.

And every day 1h exercise.

I am seeing that if I do not do so ... and I have special surveillance, at least I will not achieve my goal.In addition, I see that many battle partners feed like this, and they are doing well and their figures are more than acceptable.

For eg eating outside, the same is a challenge ... how much less HC better I control myself, less insulin, less fluctuations and less peaks.

One day you can pay tribute, of course!But one, not everyone ... in my case, I think I can't take it in another way.And a person who loves to eat tells you ...!

SilviaGRZ
10/07/2023 6:16 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

I can do one day, from time to time the effort but already to the second, simply or as something with many hydrates or directly not.

I can be days without eating that I do not want to eat only vegetables and meat.Today I have been waiting for all day and nothing.

In the end I will have to buy some sweet dessert.That I was already fasting last week.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/07/2023 7:01 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41 There are many recipes for vegetables, cheese, meat, fish, eggplants etc and legumes ...
If you look at Keto and Recipes, there are very good and complete with fruits yogurts etc.
My daughter is lately eating a Keto diet who brought him home and asks online, and says he is super good.
In vegetables and vegetables, you have tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, eggplants etc and in refrito or the micro are sauces ... and lentere, chickpeas, those need faster.
But adapt to your insulin what you eat.
You can eat some rice, wash it well after cooking and better if you put it in a fridge until the next day

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/07/2023 8:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Do not despair, @sherpa41, there are more options.
Legumes are good hydrates.They are very slow, they behave almost like proteins.They are varied and can be done classically with a good combination or with seafood, squid, octopus.
Cooked potatoes that have rested 24 hours in the refrigerator become resistant starch and give less peak.That invention has given me a lot of vidilla because I love Alioli potatoes, the jacket salad, the "seasoned potatoes" and the Russian salad.If I take it homemade, I get much less than eating it in a restaurant, which obviously will not have cooked them the day before.
Grilled vegetables, or baked, the ratatus, are very rich.I also like Asian -style preparations, with curry, with coconut milk.
There are sooo options other than salad or boiled vegetables with a lemon jet.As Regina has advised you, Keto recipes offer a lot of variety, they are very rich and very scarce in hydrates.
It is a matter of looking for YouTube or Instagram channels of Keto or Lowcarb recipes and surely you find appetizing things.
They even make desserts with chocolate good that have no flours or sugars that can be a substitute for your chocolate pastita.
You probably have hydrates addiction.There is also a lot of content on that topic for health professionals.For example

Link

At first it is hard, it is difficult to abandon an entrenched habit.I started reducing my diet hydrates before debuting in diabetes, as a strategy to control weight.I realized that food has interesting flavors, that we insist on covering them adding sugar.Now I enjoy the bitter taste of coffee, yogurt acid, the milk alone knows me sweet, the fruit knows me super sweet.
I encourage you to try, you will improve blood glucose control and you will take the taste of the natural flavor of food.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/07/2023 10:13 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Good morning and I make my humble contribution, since I was diagnosed with D2, I managed to make a change of habits with food and that is what we must think.I usually start any food with a healthy fat, such as avocado, glass of water with apple vinegar and olive acete, or peanut butter that I prepare (with olive and ghee oil).It was not impossible for me to leave bad hydrates as added flours and sugars.I consider that the less hydrates we consume the body learns it and stops needing it.I am quite controlled with an HabC1 of 5.6.I make intermittent fasting and sport almost every day.The fundamental thing was to understand the complexity of the disease and to undertake a change of habits and feed myself in the healthiest and most natural way that should be normal for all.

ferigoillo's profile photo
ferigoillo
10/07/2023 11:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I like enough legumes.They behave very well, they fill, they are healthy and good.Rice and pasta from time to time.I do not control them badly but it is also true that as half of the amount of what I ate before being diabetic.
The easiest thing is the lasagna if it does not have much bechamel, because between the meat, the cheese ... the climb is delayed and softened.
I have also taken some ice cream this summer, compensating with eating the rest of the food with few HC because the ice cream rises slowly, it is not difficult to control.
Of course, in this world a different thing is doing badly/good.
For me the worst is the fruit because it rises very fast (no matter how much they say that some, like cherries, have a low glycemic index, they upload me like a ray).And as they also go down quickly I can not control them with insulin because then the downturn comes.I take this opportunity to eat it in the hypos.
The rice, which has taken 2 years to try for what they told me, the truth that I have eaten this summer 2/3 times that I had hit a hiking and clicking after eating, when I see that it starts to climb, IIt has gone great, super controlled, without going from 150.
The truth is that I give myself luxuries after crushing me physically and it is not difficult to control.
My biggest problem with the fast is when to put it.Except for breakfast where I have to wear it 20/30 minutes before, if I puncture before eating at food and dinner I enter hiccos, so I do it when I see that I start going up, because there are meals that go up to half an hourAnd others that take 4 ...
In the end it is to study and know how your body behaves.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/08/2023 7:20 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Mistake

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/09/2023 7:34 p.m.

@Sherpa41 but maybe you have the insu badly adjusted ... What do you wear ...?

SilviaGRZ
10/09/2023 8:57 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

Be careful to cool the fridge, it is a food where bacteria proliferate very quickly

Nila's profile photo
Nila
10/10/2023 9:43 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I really, eat potatoes, pasta and rice after having done it the day before ... I prefer not to eat it or very occasionally.
To eat something, some potato although little, it is the one that least gets out of the flours.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/10/2023 10:02 a.m.

I do the potato to tolerate it well with insulin, but the flours worse and worse.I only take them very occasionally.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
10/10/2023 10:48 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

If you do not want to give up HC, you have to try to eat comprehensive foods by the theme of the fiber that slows the rise in glycemia, that is, comprehensive paste (I have only found spaghetti and macaroni) and bread as integral as possible.I have not found the cooking point yet and I get disintegrated.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
10/10/2023 12:57 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

meginer said:
I really, eat potatoes, pasta and rice after having done it the day before ... I prefer not to eat it or very occasionally.
To eat something, some potato although little, it is the one that least gets out of the flours.

Well, some things, such as lasagna, are better the next day.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/10/2023 12:59 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

And the Russian salad also goes well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/11/2023 7:42 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Sherpa41 There are many options but an important point is to always try to eat at the same time, that lack of control that you have makes food absorption very fast after many hours of fasting and insulin also varies its effect.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/11/2023 6:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@sherpa41 There are many options but an important point is always trying at the same hours, that lack of control that you have makes the absorption of food very fast after many hours of fasting andInsulin also varies its effect.

Well, we work in turn, that regulates ...

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/11/2023 7:13 p.m.

I do not follow the schedules very well but I try to eat more or less the same rations at approximate hours, I do not stay without eating until I am hungry hours or more than one day.
I have proven that the days I make of 12 hours, the first meal rises like the foam even if it does not have hydrates.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/11/2023 10:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have been in this forum for some time and the truth is that every day I surprise myself more.With the theme of meals, life in general etc.Then you see certain posts that seem to be committed and normal.
Diabetes, like everything, is proof and error you cannot always be 90 of sugar or after eating, because that is impossible.I have a partner who is not diabetic and has put on a sensor and his peaks after eating pasta for a healthy person up up to 200,
Or you start living a little, or better that you fold, I have been with diabetes for 40 years, I have had stages of much control and lack of control, I have no sequelae, in my beginnings they gave you a boat of rods for the whole week.Now you have 24h monitoring every second and still do not live calm.
I do tests what I have to wear if I want to eat a donut or croisant and no, I do not put 300 as you can think, at most short to 170-180.I have dated the friends and I have drunk what I have wanted without going from 130, all I have to do is consult the sugar and click you if you need.You have to try.Like everything, one day you will spend insulin and another you will fall short but when you have it you can eat everything.We work the same as a healthy person but manually so if you are clicking because I can't eat everything.
That said here hoping to see interesting things, but more than 90% of the issues are of guard court.Follow in your cave without risking and you will see how wonderful your life is.I remind you that the rest of your life are to be diabetic

Fmontes78's profile photo
Fmontes78
10/15/2023 2:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.