{'en': 'So can we only eat salad and vegetables like cows?', 'es': '¿Entonces solo podemos comer ensalada y verdura como las vacas?'} Image

So can we only eat salad and vegetables like cows?

Sherpa41's profile photo   10/07/2023 5:08 p.m.

fmontes78 said:
I have dated friends and I have drunk what I wanted without going from 130, all I have to do is consult the sugar and click you if you need.You have to try.Like everything, one day you will spend insulin and another you will fall short but when you have it you can eat everything.We work the same as a healthy person but manually so if you are clicking because I can't eat everything.
That said here hoping to see interesting things, but more than 90% of the issues are of guard court.Follow in your cave without risking and you will see how wonderful your life is.I remind you that you are to be diabetic for the rest of your life

Okay, except if you don't use insulin.I have gone to dinner and just be able to eat a bacon with cheese and green pepper and at two hours be in 300. And what do you do?Well nothing, fuck and not get out of the menu because you can't correct."But do not measure you so much that you are guy and you are very good ..." do the doctors say, but if you leave very green and few hydrates await us great gyriates.Then they will tell us that the fault is ours because we do something wrong.Yes ... Live!

Gozoki's profile photo
Gozoki
10/15/2023 5:56 p.m.

DM 2 diagnosticado en marzo de 2023.
HG debut 13.2 Última HG: 2024 6.3
AntiGAD : Haberlos,Haylos... pero pocos. NEGATIVO pues.
Metformina 1-0-1
Toujeo: Guardada en la nevera... y que siga.

joyki said:
fmontes78 said:
I have left with friends and I drink what I wanted without going from 130, all you have to do isGo consulting the sugar and clicking if you need.You have to try.Like everything, one day you will spend insulin and another you will fall short but when you have it you can eat everything.We work the same as a healthy person but manually so if you are clicking because I can't eat everything.
That said here hoping to see interesting things, but more than 90% of the issues are of guard court.Follow in your cave without risking and you will see how wonderful your life is.I remind you that you are to be diabetic for the rest of your life

Okay, except if you don't use insulin.I have gone to dinner and just be able to eat a bacon with cheese and green pepper and at two hours be in 300. And what do you do?Well nothing, fuck and not get out of the menu because you can't correct."But do not measure you so much that you are guy and you are very good ..." do the doctors say, but if you leave very green and few hydrates await us great gyriates.Then they will tell us that the fault is ours because we do something wrong.Yes ... Live!

The serious mistake of doctors to remove importance from type 2 diabetes and of course, then the complications come.Getting to 300 is equally bad, you are type 1 or 2, it seems that they don't want to see it.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/15/2023 7:12 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

In my case I am type 1, so having direct access to insulin is easier for me to correct food increases and intakes.In our case there is no limit of the times you want to prick fast insulin, to correct on the march
Is type 2 supposed to take pills not to regulate sugar?

Fmontes78's profile photo
Fmontes78
10/16/2023 1:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Fmontes78 I understand your posture, and it is true that you should not live for diabetes, but with diabetes ...
But I suppose that all cases are not the same ...
Sometimes I cut certain things because it is for my organism or for whatever, sometimes I have to correct quickly ... and if above excess or something with very glycemic index ... I sometimes try to avoid punctures... And it is true that you can correct yourself as many times as you need, but putting more insulin doses of the indices that mark you, it is not good in the long run, it generates resistance to it, you get fat ...

And sometimes they make you in rank for ej for pregnancies, or in general.To have an acceptable gyriate.It is better to have a 6, of a stable and continuous range to have 5'5 and that comes from having picos between 300 and 40mg/dl ...

Life is one, and you have to live it !!But everything depends on each one ... on its goals.And sometimes they pass and depend on being pending glucose and making sacrifices in exercise and food.
What is a p*tada?Yes, but it is already a put*to be "sick" and we have not asked for it.It is what touches, we have the best thing you can, committing excesses sometimes and sometimes because the desire endures ...

There are no better or worse ways to handle this disease, each one knows their body (not even the endocrine sometimes hits the "key") and everyone knows how far you want to get !!

Courage everyone, and hey, from time to time a snack is not bad!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/16/2023 3:43 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

You say that you have been 40 years and without any complication because youThe degree of control.That is why we have been in many years, we try to compensate for that, and more if we already have any alteration so as they have told you above, each one is a world and I feel it but I do not know can have good control as you say, eating and drinkingwhatever you want and then correct you every time to feel like it.So much dose of insulin creates a resistance that ends up turning your DB 1 into double dB, 1 and 2, and very difficult to control, I tell you because I have gone through that.
Each one tries to control our DB to the extent of our possibilities and as well as possible and we are not paranoid.I already tell you, I'm glad you have no complication doing what you say you do but it's not usual.It is controlling you and things appear ... Imagine without doing so.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/16/2023 5:01 p.m.

Human beings acquire knowledge to achieve solutions.
The more knowledge we have about diabetes, the better we will take it.Each person is a world.I also have been with diabetes for more than 40 years, and I have neuropathy and retinopathy.And it is true that there is a lot of trial and error in diabetes.But for this are these forums to contribute experiences and knowledge.To me the rice also gives me a high sugar, but for this you can divide the insulin dose into 60-40 or 70-30, before eating-after eating, that is to try, and it works quite well.

Salvasan's profile photo
Salvasan
10/17/2023 12:35 a.m.

sherpa41 said:
following the varied diet that posts in the forum recently and seeing with my sensor, that the criticisms of her were not as disabled as I believed ...

Has anyone managed to eat rice and pasta without the glucose curve being triggered?

Eating little or mixing it with much perhaps?

Comprehensive?

I do mix it, instead of getting up at half an hour it goes up to 2 hours, but the peak is equally bad and uncontrolled.

The salad never takes because I do not say it, repeat myself and swell my belly.The vegetable only as if I know later that I have a dessert chocolate paste.What ends me getting almost the same as if I took rice of 1st.

But is there something sweet or with hydrates (pizza, sandwich, rice, pasta) so that I will eat, there may be something more sad?

A day that is sick I am able to deprive me of it, but nothing more.

A thousand years that I do not take rice, nor pasta, nor rebobed.Among the hydrates I do take integral bread, fruit, legumes, cooked potato and sweet potato that has less glycemic index than the potato and is sweet.You can prepare it with cinnamon and sweetener and put it in the fridge, then the temples and you can take for dessert as if it were a fruit, in the amount of 100-2- 200 grams.It is not much but it takes away from sweet desire and has other beneficial properties for intestinal microbiota.
Lately for family celebrations I have made neutral jelly cakes and agar with yogurt, or with fruit juice and sweetener, apart from beautiful, they become easy, they provide proteins and remove the desire for sweet without glycemia remains.Also small pieces of fruit, such as strawberries, pieces of melon, watermelon pieces, peach, give the same feeling and with good effects in the body.It does not have to be a boring diet, but you have to dedicate attention to be appealing.In the end the body gets used to the different types of food as long as they are not very restrictive.
Actually, the ideal would be unwillingly from hydrates and sweet addiction, but that is already another song.

uma's profile photo
uma
10/23/2023 10:57 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

Since I went to these more months in the forum and enter in certain threads I saw that the ones you have least is because you do not eat or eat very few HC.I have adapted the diet and I have effectively seen that I have less peaks, less variability and it is easier to control ...
Last week I went to the endocrine and I told him, he told me that indeed, that it was better ... but that he would not stop eating totally HC ... that he ate at least 2 servings in each intake (although finally everything carries HC, but he wasHe referred to bread, rice, potatoes, flours, pasta ...).I sincerely have a "cocoa" what to do ... He told me that there is no long -term studies that ketogenic diets can cause a problem ... that "something" ate, because it is finally "gasoline" for the organism and helpA multitude of synthesis and processes ...
But I see that I do not reach the levels that you have so good (I have 7) and I do not know how I want it to reach 6-6.5 ... I no longer know where to adjust more, or how "finest spinning."
It overwhelms me a lot ...

So little by little I am compensating ... but without spending.

Is it wrong ...?Yes, sometimes yes, I have a "excess" day ... but after 33 I have some "things" and I don't want him to go more ...
Each one has their goals and each one is a world ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/23/2023 11:30 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Silviagrz said:
I from that I got these more months in the forum and entered in certain threads I saw that those who have less glying are because you do not eat or eat very few HC.I have adapted the diet and I have effectively seen that I have less peaks, less variability and it is easier to control ...
Last week I went to the endocrine and I told him, he told me that indeed, that it was better ... but that he would not stop eating totally HC ... that he ate at least 2 servings in each intake (although finally everything carries HC, but he wasHe referred to bread, rice, potatoes, flours, pasta ...).I sincerely have a "cocoa" what to do ... He told me that there is no long -term studies that ketogenic diets can cause a problem ... that "something" ate, because it is finally "gasoline" for the organism and helpA multitude of synthesis and processes ...
But I see that I do not reach the levels that you have so good (I have 7) and I do not know how I want it to reach 6-6.5 ... I no longer know where to adjust more, or how "finest spinning."
It overwhelms me a lot ...

So little by little I am compensating ... but without spending.

Is it wrong ...?Yes, sometimes yes, I have a "excess" day ... but after 33 I have some "things" and I don't want him to go more ...
Each one has their goals and each one is a world ...

Your endocrine is a bit outdated.Hydrates are in everything, you are never going to eat hydrates, that is impossible, the only thing that does not carry hydrates is water.
Cetogenic diet I think is less than 30 g of HC per day and low car I think 40 to 80 (q they correct me if not).
There are hydrates in the vegetable, legumes, fruits, nuts etc.The only thing different from pasta, rice, white bread and potato, is that in the latter the glycemic index is high, it is a long time peak and then it costs a lot that it goes down.
And of course, the low gyzed with low HC feedThey necessarily eat these foods also do not contribute anything better than vegetables, fruits or legumes ...
You have the decision but I, like you, have been in this for many years and I have not drastically lowered the glying until I have not done a low food in hydrates (removing pasta, rice, bread, potatoes and some fruits with a higher glycemic index),Not battered with flour, and more vegetables, red fruits, sometimes kiwi, eggs, meat, fish, seafood, mushrooms, Greek yogurt ..., there are many options and you are not hungry for nothing or give you hypos, they give you preciselyLess PQ you need less insulin and it is easier to calculate the doses, you are wrong less PQ you need less insulin.
Nutritionally, it is a complete and healthier diet that it carries flours and cereals.
I do tpo that I decided and always had more than 7 gly and the endocrine prayed to me but I did not give me any more insulin, and it did not work and also worked, I put 12 kg and now it does tpo that I keep, kilo, kiloAbove kilo down, I lost 10 kg and a lot of volume that is almost more impote, I must still lose about 4 more but I don't overwhelm me because I have more muscle mass and less volume (also with exercise. Of course).
In the end it is you who decides on your control, advised and not deciding the crazy but with advice and knowledge.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/23/2023 10:23 p.m.

I avoid high glycemic hydrates, so it was cereals (masses, rice, pasta) I do take vegetables, vegetables, little fruit, lackes, meat and fish, nuts and chocolate 92% cocoa without sugar or sweeteners.
I have rediscovered the taste of natural food: milk, yogurt, tea, coffee, infusions.
But I don't follow the pattern strictly.Every Saturday, breakfast a tortilla skewer with its white bread chin and also drink beer on weekends, yes, just one, nothing to go from reeds like that in the plural.
If there is a celebration and there is some candy that I like (they are few) I hit and take it.I try that day to give me a good walk to compensate.
My diet is low in HC but not to be in ketosis and is rich in fat (nuts, Aove, olives, whole dairy, cheeses).My last gyped was 6.2 and my goal is to stay below 6.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/23/2023 10:40 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

What you say that in a celebration you take a sweet.It seems absurd too.When you are at a party with friends what you least feel like it is to have to be aware of climbs, corrected, go to the bathroom and others.

I take sweets when I'm alone and bored.That is, every normal day.

I just don't take sweets or food with a high glucemic index, precisely at parties.Those days as I am already happy I do not need sweets, nor pasta, nor pizza, apart from how I say, that I would fuck the party.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/24/2023 7:49 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

PIt seems absurd too.When you are at a party with friends what you least feel like it is to have to be aware of climbs, corrected, go to the bathroom and others.

I take sweets when I'm alone and bored.That is, every normal day.

I just don't take sweets or food with a high glucemic index, precisely at parties.Those days as I am already happy I do not need sweets, nor pasta, nor pizza, apart from how I say, that I would fuck the party.

Well, you're right the truth, the same always happened to me, in the moments of emotional downturn it was when I got out of control.And it is that the body is very wise because the consumption of carbohydrates temporarily increases serotonin levels, which produces a sense of happiness.That is why while your mood is not emotionally stable and live with some joy and happiness, it is very difficult to get out of that vicious circle, because you have to go to the cause, not for the effect.It is true that our life is more complicated than that of others, we cannot close our eyes to reality, but you can make a mental and emotional change to, with the letters that have touched us in luck, live life as fullythat we can.This is very important for our self -care and there are many things that help in this process, from stoic philosophy (which is a treasure), practices such as yoga, various sports, mindfulness, training in the cultivation of compassion, volunteering, in short... go to action.Only action removes boredom.

uma's profile photo
uma
10/24/2023 10:33 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

Anyway, look to see that you can be with a dystimia or depression, it can also be the cause of your mood.

uma's profile photo
uma
10/24/2023 10:37 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

Who is not going to be depressed with the diet to do?

Yesterday Buenafuente, although it is not diabetic it also has to diet and in the end they are all the same, they were hydrates and sugars.He confesses that he came to cry on the street.

Link

If you understand the Catalan, the monologue (beginning of the video) is great, I have never felt so identified (I think you can put subtitles in Spanish)

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/29/2023 8:45 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hahaha, so you have to pay tribute and handle the rapid.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2023 11:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

joyki said:
fmontes78 said:
I have left with friends and I drink what I wanted without going from 130, all you have to do isGo consulting the sugar and clicking if you need.You have to try.Like everything, one day you will spend insulin and another you will fall short but when you have it you can eat everything.We work the same as a healthy person but manually so if you are clicking because I can't eat everything.

As is, when I was diagnosed with diabetes, I knew all the slope dishes with my people's salad, that is, not insulin, strict diet

Nila's profile photo
Nila
11/30/2023 9:02 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

regina said:
hahaha, so you have to pay tribute and handle the rapid.

And what do we click on?Altramuces juice?: Smiley:

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/30/2023 1:40 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

salad said:
I avoid high glycemic hydrates, so it was cereals (masses, rice, pasta) I do take vegetables, vegetables, little fruit, lackes, meat and fish, nutsand chocolate 92% cocoa without sugar or sweeteners.
I have rediscovered the taste of natural food: milk, yogurt, tea, coffee, infusions.
But I don't follow the pattern strictly.Every Saturday, breakfast a tortilla skewer with its white bread chin and also drink beer on weekends, yes, just one, nothing to go from reeds like that in the plural.
If there is a celebration and there is some candy that I like (they are few) I hit and take it.I try that day to give me a good walk to compensate.
My diet is low in HC but not to be in ketosis and is rich in fat (nuts, Aove, olives, whole dairy, cheeses).My last gyped was 6.2 and my goal is to stay below 6.

I make this same diet.It is the best way I have found to control diabetes, hit the units and not have almost hypos.Besides, I am never hungry in this way.And the power from time to time to take a sweet (in celebrations and similar) makes me not have anxiety for sugar.My last gyped was 5.7

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/30/2023 2:15 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.