{'en': 'Diabetic Neuropathy', 'es': 'Neuropatía Diabética'} Image

Diabetic Neuropathy

Rote's profile photo   10/14/2023 2:01 p.m.

Good morning,

I am new in the forum, and I have decided to enter and write to tell my story and share it with people who can be living the same as me, and if possible to receive some advice that serves as an encouragement.

DM type1 debut with 34 years, (I am currently 40), entering ICU with more than 500. After leaving the hospital after almost a week to fly through this wonderful world of insulin -dependent with thousands of fears and doubts.

After a few months I managed to lower the gly and more or less stabilize the levels, all based on peaks, many hyper and many hypos.More or less a year 6.2 of glyd and good control since then.

With 39 recently, gift, diabetic neuropathy, starting with some fingers, then several fingers of the other and now left leg.(Numbness, ardors, punctures, pain).

After testing, EMG, resonances etc, definitive diagnosis as I have already said neuropathy caused by moderate grade diabetes.Gabapentina 3 times a day and duloxetine 1 time a day, but despite the treatment I continue with the symptoms and I would say that I am I worsen little by little.

The truth is that I don't know if at some point this will stabilize or if they will send the symptoms a bit.

Of course, a lot of doubts about the future in the short, medium and long term, especially thinking about my two kids (8 and 3 years).Anyway I am having quite bad both physical and psychological.

I don't know if someone is going through or has gone through the same thing and can give me some counseling.

Thank you and forgive for the parraph.

Rote's profile photo
Rote
10/14/2023 2:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have it on my feet and controlling glucose (last glyc 5,7) and taking magnesium and vitamin B12, I keep it at bay, my diagnosis was moderate to serious

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
10/14/2023 5:22 p.m.

diabetic said:
I have it on my feet and control the glucose (last glyc/Blockquote>

Thanks for answering Diabetisco, what amounts of magnesium and B12?
After almost two years the thing has done nothing but get worse, and the truth is that it is very desperate.
The discomfort and symptoms lowered you?

Rote's profile photo
Rote
10/14/2023 5:39 p.m.

Of magnesium 350 mg daily and of B12 1000 UG, I think they are micrograms or something. The discomforts that are the ones you have described something if they have been reduced, tb prescribed me gabapentina but I read the prospect and scared me, so for nowI don't take it

diabestico
10/14/2023 5:58 p.m.

Hello ... @rote, what symptoms or signs do you have?Do you sleep the limbs?During the day too ...?
It's curiosity ... I sometimes notice that my hand falls asleep, but it is always sleeping, and I blame it to sometimes leave it under the body, head ... but now you have given me what to think.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/14/2023 6:21 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
hello ... @rote What symptoms or signs do you have?Do you sleep the limbs?During the day too ...?
It's curiosity ... I sometimes notice that my hand falls asleep, but it's always sleeping, and I billed it to sometimes leave it under my body, head ... but now you have given me what to think.>

Hello!My symptoms began with a tingling on the thumb of the left hand and in the following days it was passed to the index, medium and finally to the back and palm of the hand.In the following months the same symptoms began in the
Left hand, it was a continuous tingling that worsened as the day was spending until it reached its highest point at night.At first when I woke up in the morning it seemed as if it had happened to me, but soon I started again.

That the first months, then the worst, punctures, fourth sensation, cramps and numbness began.

I do not intend to scare or worry anyone, but it is true that I had never thought about this type of consequences that diabetes has been rigged, more being controlled and doing sports regularly.

Rote's profile photo
Rote
10/14/2023 6:50 p.m.

There are also neuropathy at focal level as in the carpal tunnel that may have nothing to do with diabetes.If you have doubt, do not leave it and consult your doctor.With a nerve driving test they saw me and there you can leave doubts.

Rote's profile photo
Rote
10/14/2023 6:53 p.m.

The truth is that neuropathy can appear dueYou in the analyzes? ... is a parameter that you have to watch, when the symptoms are more accentuated, but there are mornings that you wake up as new or with very light symptoms

diabestico
10/14/2023 8:58 p.m.

Since I started they have been asking me for analytics of all kinds, at the time the B12 levels were fine.
What is as new I've been without feeling like this, in fact I am currently getting up with pain and discomfort in the morning.
Anyway, an ordeal that is no longer that it expects that it is referred or improved but at least stabilize and not advance as it is doing.I would give me the truth.

Rote's profile photo
Rote
10/14/2023 9:55 p.m.

rotate said:
silviagrz said:
hello ... @rote What symptoms or signs do you have?Do you sleep the limbs?During the day too ...?
It's curiosity ... I sometimes notice that my hand falls asleep, but it's always sleeping, and I billed it to sometimes leave it under my body, head ... but now you have given me what to think.>

Hello!My symptoms began with a tingling on the thumb of the left hand and in the following days it was passed to the index, medium and finally to the back and palm of the hand.In the following months the same symptoms began in the
Left hand, it was a continuous tingling that worsened as the day was spending until it reached its highest point at night.At first when I woke up in the morning it seemed as if it had happened to me, but soon I started again.

That the first months, then the worst, punctures, fourth sensation, cramps and numbness began.

I do not intend to scare or worry about anyone, but it is true that I had never thought about this type of consequences that diabetes has been rigged, more being controlled and doing sports regularly.

>

Of course you do not intend to scare anyone ... In fact I thank you because it is good to be informed of everything.
Diabetes in the end is what I always say, it is not "not to eat such or that and click", it is all that colles behind and that many people do not know ... I have retinopathy.At the moment controlled, but you never know ...

Thank you for explaining what you feel ... It is that as I commented sometimes I get up with my hand as sleeping, it happens that I always wake up in bad posture ... and it is to move it a little and there is no more discomfort ...
But from what I read the discomfort in your cases it is constant ...
If I continue like this, I will comment on the endocrine ... neither does it happen to me every day, but hey, everything that can control "soon" ...

Much encouragement ... Tell him in the endocrine.Maybe they can send you some treatment that appeas a bit of discomfort ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/14/2023 11:16 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

I was diagnosed with diabetic polyneuropathy of moderate to severe type and put me from Gabapentina medication 900mg x 3 day and then I supplemented on my own with vitamins of group B especially the B12 and later I also put the alpha lipoic acid.My problems were on the feet that had them very numb, with ardores and on the big toe of the left foot suffered from punctures in a few hours of the day (getting into bed is what I wear worse).What I have noticed after more than 2 years doing this is that it has not gone to more but I have not noticed improvement of my symptoms, so if you start taking these supplements it is very easy for what you have now stayedscratch and do not go anymore, but what you have now is quite annoying and very possibly not better of your symptoms, all that may be is that they send you something stronger of medication to calm the discomforts that you already have and prove to supplement thanTo prove nothing is lost .... (Hey, maybe improves, each person is a world).

Another thing when you start supplementing, keep in mind that things will not change overnight, you need at least 3 months to see any result, so do not frustrate yourself if you do not see results in less time ...

Good luck !!

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
10/15/2023 12:50 a.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

Well, I have DM type 2 for 8 years and for 3 peripheral neuropathy.It started by tingling in fingers of the left foot that then also passed to the right and have risen me to my knees, with staining the soles of the feet.I am taking Tryptizol 20 mg when I slept and I do well.He had previously taken Lyrica and Gabapentina, but had dizziness side effects.
The most curious thing is that I have always controlled DM simply taking 850 mg of metformin a day.For that reason they have done all kinds of tests looking for the cause of neuropathy, because they do not believe that the DM is due, but as all the tests have until now negative, because although with doubts they blame it for it.But they still test me and may now make me a lumbar puncture to rule out that it is autoimmune type.In the EMG I get out that I have L5-S1 broadcasting but I don't have polyneuropathy.
In my case, neuropathy is quite controlled and does not feel pain, but the inconvenience is screwed, because they are always there.What bothers me the most is the strange feeling of my feet numb in contact with the ground, which makes me walk insecure.
It is curious that those who have diabetic neuropathy comment that the worst moment of the day is when bedtime, and the opposite happens to me, sleeping my symptoms and I get up as new.
I have also heard that this is a lottery, and the one who touches him, without knowing very well why.
I hope that keeping the controlled diabetes stabilizes.Improving what I see is very difficult.
Luck!!!

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
10/15/2023 3:16 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

Thank you very much for the comments and advice.

At the moment I am waiting for genetic studies results that the neurologist sent me because it also has certain doubts, especially because at all at all and I hope it continues.

In a couple of weeks I have an appointment with him, I will comment on the topic of medication and supplements.

The truth is that there are people who are going through the same or something similar, and more seeing that the thing can stabilize.

Thank you very much again.

Rote's profile photo
Rote
10/15/2023 10:44 a.m.

To me genetic tests is the only thing they have not done to me.
From what I see you are like me, diagnosed with probably diabetic peripheral neuropathy, but with serious doubts that that is that the etiology

fosforero
10/15/2023 12:28 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

Very friendly for your answer

fosforero
10/15/2023 12:36 p.m.

With 42 years of evolution in diabetes I have neuropathy in both upper and lower limbs.The arms and hands fall asleep, in the tingling legs, cramps and pain.
I do not take medications, see vitamin b.
What I do is exercise, pilates and personal training aimed at my pathologies, and I do well.

Salvasan's profile photo
Salvasan
10/17/2023 11:11 p.m.

I have seen a video on YouTube from a doctor who talks about the miraculous cure (not so heals, but well) of neuropathy and explains that using lipoic alpha acid, the symptoms of said disease are greatly improved and says that it must be taken according to thediscomfort you have.It proposes to take, according to the intensity of the discomfort, to more more discomfort and says to take in the morning a 200mg capsule, another of 200mg in the afternoon and another of 200mg at night, 3 shots a day of 200mg each if there isA lot of discomfort, if there is little discomfort with a shot in the morning is more than enough.
I have been taking 600mg of lipoic alpha acid in the mornings and it gives me that it works because from the late-night the ardores begin in the píes.

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
10/19/2023 12:52 a.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

So, I understand that the A.Lipoic is working well, right?

diabestico
10/19/2023 8:28 a.m.

I have already tired of so many smoke vendors on YouTube that they live from the story and tease us with the miracles of apple vinegar, magnesium and so many other things that are going to take them out of magic to diabetes, neuropathyAnd any of the evils that unfortunately are touching us to suffer

fosforero
10/19/2023 2:16 p.m.

Hello friend I have 48 years of having type 1 diabetes, I recommend that you investigate a team that used and has been very useful.Rebuilder ref.2407. Recommended.

Gustavo Silva Perez's profile photo
Gustavo Silva Perez
10/29/2023 5:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.