{'en': 'Strips for a reliable glucometer', 'es': 'Tiras para un glucometro fiable'} Image

Strips for a reliable glucometer

fosforero's profile photo   10/28/2023 11:51 a.m.

Cassie said:
@phosphorero what part of Catalonia are you?I am from Barcelona, ​​guy1, but they treated me for 3 months as type 2, with metformin, and they did give me an accu-chek instant glucometer in the ambulatory and you throw my first day.Now although I use a sensor, they continue to give me 2 boxes of 50 of strips (my nurse asked me if I got with them) once a month because they know that they fail a lot.From what I see it depends a lot on the area and the ambulatory that touches you ... I cannot criticize them in that sense.

I am from Barcelona and I have asked my head doctor and he told me that it does not correspond to me and also considers that it makes no sense to use them (the phrase he used when I told him that I buy it is that I better spend memoney in something more profitable).
Greetings

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
10/31/2023 9:18 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

sherpa41 said:
sandman said:
silviagrz said:
silviagrz said:
Before the summer, the recipe strips were removed.I asked the nurse of my ambulatory on the phone again and warned me that they would be the last ones, that I already had a sensor and they did not need.I explained that the sensor fails more than a fair shotgun and that to treat a hypo or a hyper I had to have total security before putting myself into treatment.
Either I did not understand or did not want to understand it, but the fact is that the last 50 units of strips I had to pay.It is already known that diabetics love to click on the fingers every two by three.It is like a vice without which we cannot be.

Today I got down here in Madrid to change two sensors ... I have told him that if he gave me some strips.The auxiliary tells me why ...?

It exhausts me that they know nothing ...

With all the calm I tell him: Look, I bring you two sensors, because they do not have started.I am telling you that they fail a lot.
I am pulling the glying and sometimes I have to make sure that they are more or less calibrated or when I doubt between the sensor and the feeling of my body, I make a capillary.

Answer: I give you a boat for three months.You already manage it.Because if we give you sensors it is not to use strips.
Seriously ... They charge them?I know that there is a black market and that what they give us in the outpatient leaves everyone's taxes ... but do they have to deal with those distrust ...?What you say @sandman, do you think I enjoy by clicking on me?
More I would like not to use sensors, nor needles, nor strips, nor lancetas, nor my*rules ...

I bought the last 50 -strip boat on Amazon for about € 25.In the pharmacy it costs double.
I reserve it for when I start the sensors because during the first 2-3 I do 8-10 tests to calibrate.Then I get the madman a little and up to 14 days.That if I don't have any strange episode in between that makes me check again.

If not, I am using Abbott's strips, but with 50 strips for 4 months as well as the subject either.

I suppose that the nursing do not have too much guilt, that the thing is quite bad in public health and will not let them prescribe without ton or they are.

What they should keep in mind is that we are sick who have to be 24 hours pending of our body and need certain tools that allow us to be within a range between reviews with the endocrine.If not, it is that they "quarrel" for not having the results they want.

Sinocare's strips cost € 7.5 the box on Amazon if you buy 4. Although they are the same as phosphorero at the beginning of this thread, I think they are going well.

Since they are at these prices (on eBay I found boxes of strips at € 3 the box, in UK).I stopped going to Cap to look for material.They always racked me (3-4 strips per day) and made me feel fatal, like a pedigree.And above lately whenever a virus was caught.

To me the Sinocare was going well until now, I suppose it is the last lot that I bought, which has come out defective

fosforero
11/01/2023 12:29 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

To me in Madrid they stopped giving me when the sensor financed me, the 4 years that I paid me the sensor gave me strips without problems.
Now I buy them where I get cheaper for the Freestyle reader, I also have an ABBOTT insulinx but the Community of Madrid has stopped working with Abbott for the theme Glukometers and strips.
Only use 4 or 5 per month to calibrate the second day of activation.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/02/2023 10:06 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I use Accouck and I am great, the Aviva Connect that can pass the data to an app the mobile

Nila's profile photo
Nila
11/02/2023 3:06 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

They didn't want to finance it, I changed a doctor to whom I had a lifetime, one gave me the reactive strips.In general until it manages it well the results come out.Only at the beginning that put the strip with hardly any blood did not come out correct, anomalously low

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
11/06/2023 12:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It can be more or less accurate the glucometer, they have a margin, if it was +/- 10 or 20%
Anyway, if you see that after eating you hit you high peaks is that what you have eaten has not sat well, student yourself with the lancetas, you see what your body can manage and lonque not to avoid those 1 and a half and a half peaks 1h and a half and a half and a half and a half and a halfor 2 after eating.
I do not know how you take care of yourself, but force exercise greatly improves insulin resistance, up to 48h after strength you need less insulin to manage the same, also improves neuropathy.
By the way, in my case Bizkaia no problem for lancetas, which I need.
I don't know if it will depend on the community or the doctor.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
11/06/2023 1:13 p.m.

On the other hand, if 2 hours after eating da 200, 180, or 220 even if the glucometer is error and it is not accurate you know that you are high.
Look more at the ups and downs than in the accuracy of the number

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
11/06/2023 1:18 p.m.

phosphorero said:
@silviagrz because no, at least in Catalonia metformin and thanks.I have asked the doctor and he told me that it does not correspond to me because I am not injecting me and has advised me to spend my money on something worthwhile and not on those things

I live in Catalonia specifically in Palafolls for a year I click me quickly and slowly,

Now I take metformin and to me if they gave me the glucose meter in the hospital when I was diagnosed with 2.

They told me an Aviva Accuchck Meter, and in the Cap they asked me which one I used and they changed it to me by the Accouck Instant, I will control every 3 months and if I do not have they give me strips for the following 3 months.

What they don't give me are the lancetas to prick.I insist and say that you have friends in Catalonia and other outpatients if they are provided.Greetings

Rosamary's profile photo
Rosamary
11/06/2023 2:22 p.m.

rosamary said:
phosphorero said:
@silviagrz because no, at least in Catalonia metformin and thanks.I have asked the doctor and he told me that it does not correspond to me because I am not injecting me and has advised me to spend my money on something worthwhile and not on those things

I live in Catalonia specifically in Palafolls for a year I click me quickly and slowly,

Now I take metformin and to me if they gave me the glucose meter in the hospital when I was diagnosed with 2.

They told me an Aviva Accuchck Meter, and in the Cap they asked me which one I used and they changed it to me by the Accouck Instant, I will control every 3 months and if I do not have they give me strips for the following 3 months.

What they don't give me are the lancetas to prick.I insist and say that you have friends in Catalonia and other outpatients if they are provided.Greetings

Ok.I will do that tomorrow I'm going to Cap

fosforero
11/06/2023 3:52 p.m.

ruthbia said:
I stopped giving me strips when I financed the sensor, the 4 years I paid me the sensor gave me strips without problems.
Now I buy them where I get cheaper for the Freestyle reader, I also have an ABBOTT insulinx but the Community of Madrid has stopped working with Abbott for the theme Glukometers and strips.
Only use 4 or 5 per month to calibrate the second day of activation.

Well, the nurse still gives me strips.
To my health center it must be that the instructions are late, because they collected the yellow boat 10 months after reading it here ...
By the way, in October he told me that they were going to start giving Diabetics type 2.

Each autonomous community, each hospital and each health center work differently.It is something that outrages me.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
11/06/2023 7:57 p.m.

@Merchedm not if in the end they gave me strips of a bad, bad glucometer, I returned it.
I needed a lot of blood and sometimes the strips failed.
In Madrid if they have abbott strips but only for internal uses (health personnel).

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/07/2023 11:15 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have remembered this post because I use the same strips I will be without the one I think.

Lately it happens to me that when the freestyle3 sensor marks very different than the capillary, if I get another capillary again (but making sure there is a lot of blood) then it almost always approaches the value of the sensor.

Especially when I am high.If the 180-200 brand sensor and the 120-140 glycometer lame another strip, making sure there is enough blood and already gives me 160-190.

I think that's why when I remove my sensor and just looked at the strips, I was happy because it was always fine.

And now except in hypos, that there is still much more reliable glycometer, in the average and tall values ​​almost more of the sensor.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/08/2023 11:07 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa, yes, you have to make sure that the strip absorbs enough blood, although the most current strips need a minimum sample and if they have not filled enough they give error and do not measure.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/09/2023 2:33 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

But these seem that there are so much to form a brush of blood on the tip where you put your finger.We go over to mark some strips well.

I think I will tell the nurse to give me the insurance strips to make comparisons again with other brands.Years ago I did it and this did not happen.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/09/2023 2:52 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa, you have to give you some strips box, even if you use a sensor.And give you the glucometer or ask the brand.
In health centers they usually have those of Bayer or Menarini, the two are very reliable and need minimal blood.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/09/2023 3:15 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Some time ago I was looking online, and the best in price / quality / reliability was,
By Amazon the strips of Sinocare, which goes with the Safe aq Smart

and the SAFE AQ SMART

Care, Sinocare has another meter model with other strips and are not compatible, look good that they are the strips and the SAF AQ SMART device

Berto's profile photo
Berto
12/09/2023 11:41 a.m.

Once I tried to buy the strips of Sinocare Safe Aq Angel and I had to throw them all of how bad they were.

None sucking the blood well, it was impossible, it was necessary to do it in several attempts and they all gave random results.

Possibly it would be a bad lot, but since then those that carry them from that I avoid them.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/09/2023 12:23 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
Once I tried to buy the strips of Sinocare Safe Aq Angel and I had to throw them all of how bad they were.

None sucking the blood well, it was impossible, it was necessary to do it in several attempts and they all gave random results.

Possibly it would be a bad lot, but since then those that carry them from that I avoid them.

sherpa41 said:

Surely it is what happened to me with the lot of strips for the Safe Acu that motivated to start this conversation, since then I have consistent and repetitive results.Greetings

fosforero
12/09/2023 7:09 p.m.

I use Abbott, Opium.Use the litte before and those need less blood.They are reliable, but since you get nervous, blood does not come out enough and it is disgusting

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/09/2023 7:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.