{'en': 'Strips for a reliable glucometer', 'es': 'Tiras para un glucometro fiable'} Image

Strips for a reliable glucometer

fosforero's profile photo   10/28/2023 11:51 a.m.

Hello friends,

I have been with DM2 for almost 10 years and I deal from the beginning with an 850 mg pill of metformin per day.Glycosylated less than 6, apparently everything correct, but not to mention.

For 3 years I have peripheral neuropathy in feet and calves and they blame it for the DM2 because they have done all kinds of tests, discarding other possible causes.

Given this fact and since neuropathy has no healing I began to investigate my diabetes and as in public healing to which we are not insulin-dependent they do not supply us gluconometer or strips, I bought them on my own.

And through the glucometer I have seen that although the glycosylated I do not have it very high, my body has many glucose peaks, and many times with foods that in theory they should not give them.And I have begun to see some light in this tunnel because the strict control of the blood glucose level in my case is essential.

And the problems come to me lately because I make myself repeated measurements with the same glucometer and I get very different results.

Initially I used Gluclometry and Adia strips and they were relatively well.But it was a fairly high cost for me and I spent a year ago when Safe-Accu and has been relatively well being the much cheaper strips.

But this last week I am observing somewhat rare measurements and the worst thing is that repeating the measure several times I have a range of different results.

Maybe I am not using the right equipment and, since it is my health, I want to use the most reliable equipment in the market.

You can recommend one to trust, cost what the strips cost.To save me a few euros I think I'm fucking health.

Thank you very much for your comments, I really need them.

A final detail: the only good thing that has brought me the DM2 has been to know this forum.

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
10/28/2023 11:51 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

@fosphorero forgives because I am not very put.Don't give you an AP glucometer for having DM2?Not even the strips or the lancetas ...?I have an old one, but it has always done well.It is the contour Next, of Acu Check.
I don't know how much they are worth now, or how much is each boat boat or box of lancetas ... but maybe (I already tell you, forgive if I get) a sensor should be conducted ... (or from time to time) for time those peaks, how certain foods affect you, certain activities ...).That happened to me ... I saw "the photo" in the meter, but I lost "the movie" and the glyd was high ... and what you say ... what we are looking for in the end is little variability and fluctuation...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/28/2023 3:19 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

@Silviagrz Well no, at least in Catalonia Metformina and thanks.I have asked the doctor and he told me that it does not correspond to me because I am not injecting me insulin and he has advised me to spend my money on something that is worth it and not on those things

fosforero
10/28/2023 4:40 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

phosphorero said:
@silviagrz because no, at least in Catalonia metformin and thanks.I have asked the doctor and he told me that it does not correspond to me because I am not injecting me and has advised me to spend my money on something worthwhile and not on those things

In Catalonia it is a shame, I would say that it is the worst community in this aspect.

Even the type1 have had us since 2005 with maximum 3-4 strips a day.

As for the glucometer I also use the Sinocare and in its day I did many tests with another 2 glucometers from other brands (Acuchek Aviva and Codefree) and it seemed the same as the others.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/28/2023 4:54 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@fosphorero
What differences does it give in measurements?A lot?It is that all glucometers measure different in two measurements in a row, similar, but it has never given me exact, or with any bought by me, nor the one who gave me the social security ...
That is, you may not need to buy another.
Maybe, as they tell you, you could buy a sensor and see how your body behaves with food, sport, etc.Fliparia.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/28/2023 6:13 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelbota I have been measuring me 2 years and although different, the results were consistent and similar, but for two days I measure me and for example it gives me 200 and to the line often 136. That cannot be and I will end up deranged.
I have never done the sensor and I want, but I don't know anything, or where they are bought, or how much they last, or if they are easy to place or you have to be an expert.Can you make me 5 centos?
The time has come.
Thank you so much

fosforero
10/28/2023 6:34 p.m.

@fosphorero you have left me ... I can't believe that by the mere fact of not clicking insulin, they leave you so the will ... without strips, without glucometer ... What is not a whim!

Think about the sensor ... it is very easy to apply, there are videos even on YouTube of children who are alone.I use Abbott's, Freestyle 2. They last 14 days.And during those days the information is per minute on the mobile.

You can know more here:
Link EALW_WCB

Any questions are asking us.

SilviaGRZ
10/28/2023 7:13 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

@fosphorero
What they tell you, are bought on the Abbot website (you buy freestyle on Google and take you).Placing it is the easiest in the world, it is very well explained in the instructions.They are expensive, € 65 and last 14 days, but they give a lot of information ...
@Silviagrz
Yes, there are so much type 2 that social security has them abandoned in terms of control.Neither glucometer, nor strip ... nor anything if there is no insulin through.
I have a friend who does not lower the 7.5 glyc and nothing, metformin and occasionally they make a strip in the health and point.Those cases are the ones that end complications and then pay attention to them, but late, it would have been avoided.
I even consider that I am "luck" for debuting already insulin -dependent because at least I am controlled, that the sensor has just granted it, they gave me glucometer and 3 strips a day (which is not enough) but being afraid to use insulin,Before I bought it to me, and as happens to you, I can't live without him.

isabelbota
10/28/2023 7:16 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Silviagrz and @isabelbota thanks to 2, I will look at the videos of the sensor on YouTube and I will surely buy it, even if only to really know the behavior of my body in front of food and sport.Then I will surely continue with the glucometer because it is a very high cost.

fosforero
10/28/2023 7:52 p.m.

I have 2 ABBOTT brand glucometers.Both are similar and in 2 measures in a row they vary little.
I bought the sensors a year to debut and it's the best I did.I asked them on the Abbott website of 6 in 6 for shipping costs.Until in 2020 they finally finance them.
Now I buy strips 😏.
My first day of diabetics I left the center of specialties with a lot of strips, 6 per day !!!!But when they had to give me in the health center, 0, they didn't want to give me.Literally, "that the diabetics were very expensive and a scourge," Puffff told him everything.

I changed from Toledo to Madrid and there is no color

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/28/2023 8:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

silviagrz said:
@phosphorero forgives because I am not very set.Don't give you an AP glucometer for having DM2?Not even the strips or the lancetas ...?I have an old one, but it has always done well.It is the contour Next, of Acu Check.
I don't know how much they are worth now, or how much is each boat boat or box of lancetas ... but maybe (I already tell you, forgive if I get) a sensor should be conducted ... (or from time to time) for time those peaks, how certain foods affect you, certain activities ...).That happened to me ... I saw "the photo" in the meter, but I lost "the movie" and the glyd was high ... and what you say ... what we are looking for in the end is little variability and fluctuation...

Only if you are an insulin -dependent, if not, they don't give you anything.And even being insulin of the dependent you have to beg everything because you are diabetic because you want, according to them.

cgs's profile photo
cgs
10/28/2023 10:12 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

@CGS effectively, I have DM2 and for the moment I am not insulin -dependent, and although I am suffering a serious sequel due to diabetes, in the form of peripheral neuropathy, they give me nothing at all, I buy it when I can.
The only thing they do to me is a glycosylated analytics every 6 months and an eye fund and an ECG a year.
Greetings and luck !!!

fosforero
10/28/2023 10:32 p.m.

@Fosphorero really is a shame that we have to be "begging" to take care of ourselves.
In many things I have trimmed to buy sensors, lancetas ... a shame

SilviaGRZ
10/30/2023 12:24 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

Before the summer they removed the strips from the recipe.I asked the nurse of my ambulatory on the phone again and warned me that they would be the last ones, that I already had a sensor and they did not need.I explained that the sensor fails more than a fair shotgun and that to treat a hypo or a hyper I had to have total security before putting myself into treatment.
Either I did not understand or did not want to understand it, but the fact is that the last 50 units of strips I had to pay.It is already known that diabetics love to click on the fingers every two by three.It is like a vice without which we cannot be.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/30/2023 5:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

sandman said:
before summer I removed the strips of the recipe.I asked the nurse of my ambulatory on the phone again and warned me that they would be the last ones, that I already had a sensor and they did not need.I explained that the sensor fails more than a fair shotgun and that to treat a hypo or a hyper I had to have total security before putting myself into treatment.
Either I did not understand or did not want to understand it, but the fact is that the last 50 units of strips I had to pay.It is already known that diabetics love to click on the fingers every two by three.It is like a vice without which we cannot be.

Today I got down here in Madrid to change two sensors ... I have told him that if he gave me some strips.The auxiliary tells me why ...?

It exhausts me that they know nothing ...

With all the calm I tell him: Look, I bring you two sensors, because they do not have started.I am telling you that they fail a lot.
I am pulling the glying and sometimes I have to make sure that they are more or less calibrated or when I doubt between the sensor and the feeling of my body, I make a capillary.

Answer: I give you a boat for three months.You already manage it.Because if we give you sensors it is not to use strips.
Seriously ... They charge them?I know that there is a black market and that what they give us in the outpatient leaves everyone's taxes ... but do they have to deal with those distrust ...?What you say @sandman, do you think I enjoy by clicking on me?
More I would like not to use sensors, nor needles, nor strips, nor lancetas, nor my*rules ...

SilviaGRZ
10/30/2023 7:33 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

It is a shame, it seems that we are hooked to click on the fingers ...

isabelbota
10/30/2023 9:30 p.m.

silviagrz said:
sandman said:
before summer I removed the strips of the recipe.I asked the nurse of my ambulatory on the phone again and warned me that they would be the last ones, that I already had a sensor and they did not need.I explained that the sensor fails more than a fair shotgun and that to treat a hypo or a hyper I had to have total security before putting myself into treatment.

Today I got down here in Madrid to change two sensors ... I have told him that if he gave me some strips.The auxiliary tells me why ...?

With all the calm I tell him: Look, I bring you two sensors, because they do not have started.I am telling you that they fail a lot.
I am pulling the glying and sometimes I have to make sure that they are more or less calibrated or when I doubt between the sensor and the feeling of my body, I make a capillary.

Answer: I give you a boat for three months.You already manage it.Because if we give you sensors it is not to use strips.
Seriously ... They charge them?I know that there is a black market and that what they give us in the outpatient leaves everyone's taxes ... but do they have to deal with those distrust ...?What you say @sandman, do you think I enjoy by clicking on me?
More I would like not to use sensors, nor needles, nor strips, nor lancetas, nor my*rules ...

I bought the last 50 -strip boat on Amazon for about € 25.In the pharmacy it costs double.
I reserve it for when I start the sensors because during the first 2-3 I do 8-10 tests to calibrate.Then I get the madman a little and up to 14 days.That if I don't have any strange episode in between that makes me check again.

If not, I am using Abbott's strips, but with 50 strips for 4 months as well as the subject either.

I suppose that the nursing do not have too much guilt, that the thing is quite bad in public health and will not let them prescribe without ton or they are.

What they should keep in mind is that we are sick who have to be 24 hours pending of our body and need certain tools that allow us to be within a range between reviews with the endocrine.If not, it is that they "quarrel" for not having the results they want.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/31/2023 10:47 a.m.

sandman said:
silviagrz said:
sandman said:
sandman said:
before summer they removed the strips of the recipe.I asked the nurse of my ambulatory on the phone again and warned me that they would be the last ones, that I already had a sensor and they did not need.I explained that the sensor fails more than a fair shotgun and that to treat a hypo or a hyper I had to have total security before putting myself into treatment.

I bought the last 50 -strip boat on Amazon for about € 25.In the pharmacy it costs double.
I reserve it for when I start the sensors because during the first 2-3 I do 8-10 tests to calibrate.Then I get the madman a little and up to 14 days.That if I don't have any strange episode in between that makes me check again.

If not, I am using Abbott's strips, but with 50 strips for 4 months as well as the subject either.

I suppose that the nursing do not have too much guilt, that the thing is quite bad in public health and will not let them prescribe without ton or they are.

What they should keep in mind is that we are sick who have to be 24 hours pending of our body and need certain tools that allow us to be within a range between reviews with the endocrine.If not, it is that they "quarrel" for not having the results they want.

Sinocare's strips cost € 7.5 the box on Amazon if you buy 4. Although they are the same as phosphorero at the beginning of this thread, I think they are going well.

Since they are at these prices (on eBay I found boxes of strips at € 3 the box, in UK).I stopped going to Cap to look for material.They always racked me (3-4 strips per day) and made me feel fatal, like a pedigree.And above lately whenever a virus was caught.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/31/2023 11:25 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Fosphorero What part of Catalonia are you?I am from Barcelona, ​​guy1, but they treated me for 3 months as type 2, with metformin, and they did give me an accu-chek instant glucometer in the ambulatory and you throw my first day.Now although I use a sensor, they continue to give me 2 boxes of 50 of strips (my nurse asked me if I got with them) once a month because they know that they fail a lot.From what I see it depends a lot on the area and the ambulatory that touches you ... I cannot criticize them in that regard.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
10/31/2023 11:37 a.m.

Cassie said:
@phosphorero what part of Catalonia are you?I am from Barcelona, ​​guy1, but they treated me for 3 months as type 2, with metformin, and they did give me an accu-chek instant glucometer in the ambulatory and you throw my first day.Now although I use a sensor, they continue to give me 2 boxes of 50 of strips (my nurse asked me if I got with them) once a month because they know that they fail a lot.From what I see it depends a lot on the area and the ambulatory that touches you ... I cannot criticize them in that sense.

In Andalusia, for what I know, once you prescribe your sensor they remove the strips.

If I fight on the phone with my nurse I may prescribe a 50 -strips boat, but it is that I have to be arguing every month for something that they should give us all.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/31/2023 12:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.