PATCHES WITH FREE SENSOR FREE SENSOR 3

wonderland's profile photo   11/06/2023 9:26 a.m.

Hello, everyone,
After months suffering the punctures and the incomplete photo of my diabetes I have also decidedAnd probably to many prayers of the deranged and well depressive patient or in the midst of an anxiety crisis, because I still do not understand how good control data is expected when your diabetes remains a ... black box!
I want to buy free freeyle sensors 3 but I have understood that this sensor adheres to the skin well in some cases and in other cases not so much ...
Do you use a patch that you buy separately to ensure that the sensor will be stuck during the 2 weeks of use?
On the ABBOTT page I have seen that they recommend that this patch have a hole and everything that I see on Amazon seems to be integral, completely covering the sensor.
Can you please tell me where you buy patches for the sensor?
Millions of thanks.
This forum is a discovery for me, and from here once again thanks for all efforts to keep this page of altruistic and comprehensive contributions alive.
I also appreciate any advice for a beginner in the use of Abbott sensors.

wonderland's profile photo
wonderland
11/06/2023 9:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

wonderland said:
good morning to all,
After months suffering the punctures and the incomplete photo of my diabetes I have also decidedAnd probably to many prayers of the deranged and well depressive patient or in the midst of an anxiety crisis, because I still do not understand how good control data is expected when your diabetes remains a ... black box!
I want to buy free freeyle sensors 3 but I have understood that this sensor adheres to the skin well in some cases and in other cases not so much ...
Do you use a patch that you buy separately to ensure that the sensor will be stuck during the 2 weeks of use?
On the ABBOTT page I have seen that they recommend that this patch have a hole and everything that I see on Amazon seems to be integral, completely covering the sensor.
Millions of thanks.
This forum is a discovery for me, and from here once again thanks for all efforts to keep this page of altruistic and comprehensive contributions alive.

By the way, I look for normal patches (transparent, white, meat color) for fastening and not to decorate the sensor ...

wonderland
11/06/2023 9:28 a.m.

wonderland said:
wonderland said:
good morning to all,
Millions of thanks.

By the way, I look for normal patches (transparent, white, meat color) for fastening and not to decorate the sensor ...

Look at an online store called Diabetika that has a lot of variety.

I do not use patches because I have never had problems with the glue of the sensors but I have entered there looking for other things and I have seen them.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
11/06/2023 9:42 a.m.

Thank you very much Sandman.I'm going to look at them, since Abbott's request also takes his own ...

wonderland
11/06/2023 9:47 a.m.

@wonderland
I recommend physio tape, you already cut it.It is the hardest and cheaper.And for the free3 that is so tiny it gives you left over.
The hole in the TB center I have read it but I have been using sensors with no hole patches and they do well.
The perfect thing is to put it in the cut center cut or something so that the part of the sensor does not stick and so if you have to change it (it is rare that something lasts 14 days) you take it easy.
The patch, rather than because they take off (which sometimes happens but it is weird) is because it is easy to get hooked with the frame of a door, to hit something and take it off.That Abbot replaces it if it happens to you but I prefer to avoid what can be avoided.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/06/2023 9:50 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelbota
Thank you so much.I doubt that I will be able to place the first sensor with such skill.I have a world to discover with the CGMS, but I will keep the advice for when my hands would be somewhat more expert
Your experience and your altruism are impressive.I do not know if it is for inexperience or by ... diabetes, but every small mishap or difficulty becomes my head to unexpected dimensions ... that also alter my diabetes.And knowing that you are always willing to throw a cable with these decisions, comforts.
Have a very good day!

PS: I hope you cite you (as Isabel has done with me) will send you this gratitude to you @sandman since in previous message I did not know how to do it.I'm learning ...

wonderland
11/06/2023 10:09 a.m.

I used the free3 for a couple of months and sticks very strongly, in addition to being small you do not give as many blows as 2.

I only put a patch (Tegaderm) when I took a bath.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/06/2023 10:22 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

And put a paper on the sensor so that when removing the patch, everything would not start.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/06/2023 10:43 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Thanks @sherpa41.I am going to try to prepare the role of the ideal such and family and ask my family to help and paste the patch well .... I would like to use the first sensor without mishaps.
And I was glad to be autonomous with the measurement of blood glucose, diet and strength routines !!!!
Back to learning.

wonderland
11/06/2023 11:19 a.m.

Hi @Wonderland I use some that sell on Amazon, they last for 14 days, showering 1-2 times a day, sporting, going to the pool and the beach ...
In the center they have no glue, so if you have to remove it for whatever the sensor is not at risk of starting.

I put these, but there are thousands:

Mysweetstitch |Free Freestyle Pothoepus 3 Sensor with ventilation hole |10 units |Round |Exterior: 60mm, interior: Ø 6mm |Beige Link
Link

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
11/06/2023 11:39 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Kinesiological tape

Alejandromonsi's profile photo
Alejandromonsi
11/06/2023 1:04 p.m.

@wonderland: I would prove the sensor without patch because the 3 is very small and it is difficult to hook it with something.
What is fatal to the sensor's glue is the hair conditioner that acts as a "solvent."I rinse the conditioner with the arm in which I carry the sensor raised to prevent the conditioner from passing over

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/06/2023 1:12 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

You don't have to have a hole, it measures the same.
The kinesiological tape is going well

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/06/2023 1:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Silviagrz @alejandromonsi @ricki21 @regina
Thank you all.

wonderland
11/06/2023 1:52 p.m.

wonderland said:
@Isabelbota
Thank you so much.I doubt that I will be able to place the first sensor with such skill.I have a world to discover with the CGMS, but I will keep the advice for when my hands would be somewhat more expert
Your experience and your altruism are impressive.I do not know if it is for inexperience or by ... diabetes, but every small mishap or difficulty becomes my head to unexpected dimensions ... that also alter my diabetes.And knowing that you are always willing to throw a cable with these decisions, comforts.
Have a very good day!

PS: I hope you cite you (as Isabel has done with me) will send you this gratitude to you @sandman since in previous message I did not know how to do it.I'm learning ...

@wonderland calm, for that we are, sharing experiences and experiences to try to cope with diabetes in the best possible way.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
11/06/2023 1:56 p.m.

As I have told you, I wouldn't wear any apostites, try first without him.
In many years I have covered it once and of course I need help, for me it is difficult to put it alone.It was one of those who wear hole and transparent.But I never tapo and only once I load the sensor when tripping with a furniture working.Neither at doors, nor for the heat it has fallen.
Ask what you want, we are here to help each other.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/06/2023 2:27 p.m.

@wonderland
What is important is that you wear the freshly shower sensor and after having spent a cotton with alcohol that removes the entire fat (expects it to dry) to adhere well.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/06/2023 4:12 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

"Silk" tape that they sell in pharmacies.There are 2 colors: meat and white.Short 8 cm (I have free, I make a small hole in the middle, with a cut to free the center's hole.
Very economical and an eternity lasts.The hook is over at the doors or with clothes.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/05/2023 8:29 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

silviagrz said:
hello @wonderland I use some that sell on Amazon, they last for the 14 days, showering 1-2 times a day, sporting, going to the pool and the beach ...
In the center they have no glue, so if you have to remove it for whatever the sensor is not at risk of starting.

I put these, but there are thousands:

Mysweetstitch |Free Freestyle Pothoepus 3 Sensor with ventilation hole |10 units |Round |Exterior: 60mm, interior: Ø 6mm |Beige Link
Link

I will try to buy these, that the last one starts me unintentionally.I carry it in my thigh and it is easy to remove clothes.

Now I wear a pharmacy tape on the sensor, but it wrinkles and is very ugly.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/28/2024 1:50 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
@wonderland
I recommend physio tape, you already cut it.It is the hardest and cheaper.And for the free3 that is so tiny it gives you left over.
The hole in the TB center I have read it but I have been using sensors with no hole patches and they do well.
The perfect thing is to put it in the cut center cut or something so that the part of the sensor does not stick and so if you have to change it (it is rare that something lasts 14 days) you take it easy.
The patch, rather than because they take off (which sometimes happens but it is weird) is because it is easy to get hooked with the frame of a door, to hit something and take it off.That Abbot replaces it if it happens to you but I prefer to avoid what can be avoided.

I agree with you.I have tried several types of patches, from cheap Aliexpress (I didn't expect much of them) to much more expensive.In the end, what works for me best is the physio tape.

ian_86's profile photo
ian_86
01/30/2024 9:15 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.