Toujeo insulin duration

smartinez's profile photo   03/03/2023 12:51 p.m.

smartinez said:
Isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
@ruthbia @carussa I will try.They gave me a role and did not put that area.In the part of the tb gunmen can you?There I have a lot of fat 😂 I don't know how to do it because I can't pinch and click at the same time.
And can it be that the belly has more swollen by insulin?I don't know if it's a coincidence or obsession of mine but I think I have more belly

It is uncommon not to come the buttocks in what they told you.It is typical slow site, since it is the slowest site (the belly the fastest and is used more for the fast).By order of more slowly they are: buttocks, thighs, arms and belly.
Regarding the pinch, if the needle is 4/5 mm they say it is not necessary.I put the fast without pinch in my arms and slow, without pinches TB, in the culete.

Link

The ones I have are 8

Well, ask for 4 or 5.Those of 8 are totally discouraged.Put on Google "Insulin Needle Length" and you will see it.I was prescribed to me and asked for the change thanks to the forum and now with those of 5 it hurts much less (there are always those who prefer 8, but it is not normal).
The thing is that those of 8 do not recipe them.For example, Ruthbia are the ones who like but not get them.

I read you in the for forum that the 8 no longer gave them, I told them that it will change them.And they told me that those only give them to the children that I needed those of 8 pq it was an intramuscular injection and did not get where I had to arrive.Sure who is a Chinese story.
And how can it like @ruthbia more than 8?The smaller the better, no?

Well the opposite, as the injection is intramuscular you are going to severe hypoglycemia, I don't know how they have given the title, my mother, say that ... the injection is subcutaneous.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/05/2023 10:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The needles I use are 5 mm that use are 5mm, pediatric since I am very thin and with the 8 mm pillo the muscle.He didn't use the gut because I don't have.And a touch ball or has passed what expiration date insulin changes color.Tighter spots come out.My use of Toujeo is a ball per week.And one and a half of fast insulin, novorapid. A greeting.Clicking Toujeo how I do it starts acting at 3 and a half hours.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
03/05/2023 12:33 p.m.

K5288pn25.

Thank you very much for all the information you are giving me.When I return to the consultation I already have information to be able to refute.I have a lot to learn, for example you say that insulin takes effect at 3 hours ...., I still don't know how to see such things.I guess it is for the continuous glucose meter that they have not yet given me.I do not want to run and know everything suddenly, for now I think I have acceptable but not perfect values.Your help is appreciated

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
03/05/2023 1:04 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
thank you very much for all the information you are giving me.When I return to the consultation I already have information to be able to refute.I have a lot to learn, for example you say that insulin takes effect at 3 hours ...., I still don't know how to see such things.I guess it is for the continuous glucose meter that they have not yet given me.I do not want to run and know everything suddenly, for now I think I have acceptable but not perfect values.Your help is appreciated

The truth is either.The rapid yes, because (with continuous meter) it is seen that at half an hour it begins to take effect at the maximum of the hour and a half (in me).It is seen if you are going up how the climb begins to stop and stabilizes or low.
But the slow no idea.That is so gradual that I have no way to see it.
Regarding the continuous meter, that is something else that if they tell you that you are Lada should have already given you.It helps a lot.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/05/2023 3:39 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
Thank you very much for all the information you are giving me.When I return to the consultation I already have information to be able to refute.I have a lot to learn, for example you say that insulin takes effect at 3 hours ...., I still don't know how to see such things.I guess it is for the continuous glucose meter that they have not yet given me.I do not want to run and know everything suddenly, for now I think I have acceptable but not perfect values.Your help is appreciated

The truth is either.The rapid yes, because (with continuous meter) it is seen that at half an hour it begins to take effect at the maximum of the hour and a half (in me).It is seen if you are going up how the climb begins to stop and stabilizes or low.
But the slow no idea.That is so gradual that I have no way to see it.
Regarding the continuous meter, that is something else that if they tell you that you are Lada should have already given you.It helps a lot.

They told me that in the next consultation we would talk about the meter.I hope they give it to me, it has to be a past knowing how much every meal, stress ups you ...

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
03/06/2023 10:57 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.