Toujeo insulin duration

smartinez's profile photo   03/03/2023 12:51 p.m.

Good morning, I wanted to ask once the toujeo insulin ball is opened, how long does it last?For some reason I have in mind that it only lasts a month, I would say that my nurse told me that once an open month will discard it even if I had.I don't know if I have invented it or it really is so.If you can help me I thank you

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
03/03/2023 12:51 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

In the leaflet it lasts 6 weeks once the ball is opened.I am not sure, but I think I have ever used it for more than four weeks.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
03/03/2023 12:59 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

smartinez said:
good morning, I wanted to ask once the toujeo insulin ball once open how long does it last?For some reason I have in mind that it only lasts a month, I would say that my nurse told me that once an open month will discard it even if I had.I don't know if I have invented it or it really is so.If you can help me, I appreciate it

How are things with you?In the end how slow do you do well?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/03/2023 10:24 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

carussa said:
in the prospect it lasts 6 weeks once the ball is opened.I am not sure, but I think I have ever used it for more than four weeks.

Thanks for answering.In the end my head doctor called me and confirmed what you say, 6 weeks.It sounded to me that there were 4 but no, it's 6 months.She had it that asking that she did not know and that it seemed strange to throw insulin.

smartinez
03/04/2023 7:27 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
good morning, wanted to ask once open the toujeo insulin ball how long does it last?For some reason I have in mind that it only lasts a month, I would say that my nurse told me that once an open month will discard it even if I had.I don't know if I have invented it or it really is so.If you can help me, I appreciate it

How are things with you?In the end how slow you do well?

Hello!!!I'm getting 6 units.I think I should get more because I still have no levels below 100, I get up between 110-130.And before eating I am between 90-120, one day I have come to see 82 😃.My doctor told me that I leave him so.The only thing that I carry a little bad about clicking, the site that I like is the belly that is where I have more fat😂, there are times that it hurts and sometimes not.In my leg it hurts, that's why I don't punish me there.The case is that I only have been clicking for two months and I already have a painful belly, I don't want to think about the people who have been and several times a day 🥺😢 for years and

smartinez
03/04/2023 7:32 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

@Smartinez I get toujeo in the buttocks, there does not hurt.You can easily rotate to avoid lipodystrophy.It is slow absorption zone.
The values ​​you comment are good, if you go up you can enter hypoglycemia.

The abdomen, arms, waist sides are better for fast insulins.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/04/2023 9:49 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Smartinez I also put it as @ruthbia in the buttocks.In my leg it also hurts, but in the buttocks no.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
03/04/2023 5:55 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

@Ruthbia @carussa I will try.They gave me a role and did not put that area.In the part of the tb gunmen can you?There I have a lot of fat 😂 I don't know how to do it because I can't pinch and click at the same time.
And can it be that the belly has more swollen by insulin?I don't know if it's a coincidence or obsession of mine but I think I have more belly

smartinez
03/04/2023 8:05 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
@ruthbia @carussa I will try.They gave me a role and did not put that area.In the part of the tb gunmen can you?There I have a lot of fat 😂 I don't know how to do it because I can't pinch and click at the same time.
And can it be that the belly has more swollen by insulin?I don't know if it's a coincidence or obsession of mine but I think I have more belly

It is uncommon not to come the buttocks in what they told you.It is typical slow site, since it is the slowest site (the belly the fastest and is used more for the fast).By order of more slowly they are: buttocks, thighs, arms and belly.
Regarding the pinch, if the needle is 4/5 mm they say it is not necessary.I put the fast without pinch in my arms and slow, without pinches TB, in the culete.

Link

isabelbota
03/04/2023 8:23 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
@ruthbia @carussa I will try.They gave me a role and did not put that area.In the part of the tb gunmen can you?There I have a lot of fat 😂 I don't know how to do it because I can't pinch and click at the same time.

It is uncommon not to come the buttocks in what they told you.It is typical slow site, since it is the slowest site (the belly the fastest and is used more for the fast).By order of more slowly they are: buttocks, thighs, arms and belly.
Regarding the pinch, if the needle is 4/5 mm they say it is not necessary.I put the fast without pinch in my arms and slow, without pinches TB, in the culete.

Link

The Q I have are 8

smartinez
03/04/2023 8:27 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
Isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:

Link

The ones I have are 8

Well, ask for 4 or 5.Those of 8 are totally discouraged.Put on Google "Insulin Needle Length" and you will see it.I was prescribed to me and asked for the change thanks to the forum and now with those of 5 it hurts much less (there are always those who prefer 8, but it is not normal).
The thing is that those of 8 do not recipe them.For example, Ruthbia are the ones he likes but does not get them.

isabelbota
03/04/2023 8:41 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
isabelbota said:
isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
@Ruthbia @carussa I will try.They gave me a role and did not put that area.In the part of the tb gunmen can you?There I have a lot of fat 😂 I don't know how to do it because I can't pinch and click at the same time.

Link

The ones I have are 8

Well, ask for 4 or 5.Those of 8 are totally discouraged.Put on Google "Insulin Needle Length" and you will see it.I was prescribed to me and asked for the change thanks to the forum and now with those of 5 it hurts much less (there are always those who prefer 8, but it is not normal).
The thing is that those of 8 do not recipe them.For example, Ruthbia are the ones who like but not get them.

I read you in the for forum that the 8 no longer gave them, I told them that it will change them.And they told me that those only give them to the children that I needed those of 8 pq it was an intramuscular injection and did not get where I had to arrive.Sure who is a Chinese story.
And how can it like @ruthbia more than 8?The smaller the better, right?

smartinez
03/04/2023 8:54 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
Isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:

Link

The ones I have are 8

The thing is that those of 8 do not recipe them.For example, Ruthbia are the ones who like but not get them.

I read you in the for forum that the 8 no longer gave them, I told them that it will change them.And they told me that those only give them to the children that I needed those of 8 pq it was an intramuscular injection and did not get where I had to arrive.Sure who is a Chinese story.
And how can it like @ruthbia more than 8?The smaller the better, no?

Jo, he has no idea.It is the other way around, you can never inject intramuscular, for that it takes pinches, not to do so.It is injected into the fatty tissue.And that is why those of 8 are dangerous, because being longer there is more risk of intramuscular injection.
But what I told you, look in Google.Those of 8 advised in all pages.

isabelbota
03/04/2023 9:04 p.m.

What barbarity, an intramuscular insulin injection is safe hypoglycemia ... what ignorance !!!!. Insulin injection is subcutaneous disagree with that doctor who can kill someone with those advice

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
03/04/2023 9:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I like the 8mm because from the debut they were the ones that gave me and it makes me well effect.I have never punctured intramuscular because the muscle is a bit deeper, from 3.5mm and you have to hit, we have no muscles everywhere.
Insulin is liposoluble, dissolves in fat to act and has 2mm.
The 8mm do not give them months ago, in Madrid they give me 5mm and the nurse has already told me that they change them to 4mm shortly.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/04/2023 9:28 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
isabelbota said:
isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:

Link

The ones I have are 8

Jo, he has no idea.It is the other way around, you can never inject intramuscular, for that it takes pinches, not to do so.It is injected into the fatty tissue.And that is why those of 8 are dangerous, because being longer there is more risk of intramuscular injection.

diabetic said:
what barbarity, an intramuscular insulin injection is safe hypoglycemia ... what ignorance !!!!. Insulin injection is subcutaneous dispens that doctor who can killSomeone with those tips

It was a nurse who told me.I don't want to create controversy but I understood that when I asked for smaller needles.

smartinez
03/04/2023 10:59 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

ruthbia said:
I like the 8mm because from the debut they were the ones that gave me and it makes me effect.I have never punctured intramuscular because the muscle is a bit deeper, from 3.5mm and you have to hit, we have no muscles everywhere.
Insulin is liposoluble, dissolves in fat to act and has 2mm.
I do not give them to me months ago, in Madrid they give me 5mm and the nurse has already told me that they change them to 4mm shortly.

I have a lot to learn.If we lived near you changed them, hahaha.

smartinez
03/04/2023 11:01 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
Isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:
smartinez said:

Link

The ones I have are 8

diabetic said:
what barbarity, an intramuscular insulin injection is safe hypoglycemia ... what ignorance !!!!. Insulin injection is subcutaneous dispens that doctor who can killSomeone with those tips

It was a nurse who told me.I don't want to create controversy but I understood that when I asked for smaller needles.

Well, you already have information for the nurse that next time

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
03/04/2023 11:11 p.m.

smartinez said:

You can have liposdistropia in the gut if you click many times in the same place
There are drawings where the buttock does not come to prick, but for the slow it is the best place.
With 4 mm needles it does not take pinches, it is put in perpendicular, so you can also put the fast in your arms.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/05/2023 3:19 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

smartinez said:

You do not have to peel in the arm, it puts at 45 degrees or perpendicular, whenever the length of the feathers of the feathers are 5 mm, I are the ones I have.
To me, anyway, that I am from the ancient school, (I have beenA pencil with the needle towards the arm.
Even so, I was cumbersome, I have rarely put myself in my arm.Even now, as the fastest absorption zones are belly and legs, I usually put the fast, in my arms very rarely, the slow one on buttocks PQ the absorption is slow.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/05/2023 10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.