{'en': 'How do you see the future with diabetes?', 'es': '¿Como veis el futuro con diabetes?'} Image

How do you see the future with diabetes?

Javierladez's profile photo   11/29/2023 5:16 p.m.

Sandman said:
Thank you all for the spirits but I suppose I am going through a pump in my mood.

Last week I was in the review and, in terms of diabetes, everything was fine: 5.7% gly, IRR in 95% and variability below 30.

But when they told me about cholesterol (Hdl well, high LDL and yet the triglycerides have lowered me enough), I don't know, I fell like a shot.Since that day I don't lift his head.

They have also given me the following appointment within a year.I feel helpless.

As for simvastatin, I have not yet taken it.I'm very afraid to medicate.I'm afraid to lose quality of life.I have always been very going and alternate with friends.Eating all together, having a wine, a glass ... I would hate that.Since I debuted I have raised it like this: the whole week supercontrolled, but let me go and make me crazy and enjoy.It is the way I try to cope with diabetes daily.

At the moment I will try to lower it without medication.For 3-4 months I will try on my own.No pills.

If there is no choice, I will see it when the time comes.

I know that there are people who are much worse than me and you will think that I am an idiot and a selfish (here suffering daily and this fool is worried about not being able to take some wines on a Saturday).You have the right to think like this.I can't help it.

Telling you that there are two types of LDL, one q are large and spongy particles and that are not harmful, and another, small and dense particles that are atherogenic, the latter are the "bad", so it is not as simple as the determination of cholesterolTotal, LDL and HDL, there are many quotients to see cardiovascular risk.
And almost more impotee are triglycerides, and you have them low so calm.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/03/2023 12:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Javierlaladez said:
and I don't mean the technological section ...

Those of us who have been taking care of our illness for many years, almost always thinking that we can only do it ourselves ... What will happen when we can't do it "well"?

The family?(If it's close)

Do you go every day to do it?

A residence? .....

Thank you!!

I think of it many times, and I prefer not to think about it because it is a discouraging.My father had Alzheimer's, what if I suffer a dementia and I can't take care of myself?At this moment I have a husband, I do not know later, who neither knows or interests how this is about diabetes, nor does he know how to do me control, nor how to calculate the dose of insulin, nor know howThere is no way, so even if he is, with him I do not tell him, I have a 23 -year -old who does not know how anything is going, and anyway I will not have a enslaved to take care of me, I want him to do his life, noretain him with me.Private residences are prohibitive if they are half decent, I know them, and to care and control diabetics they must be medicalized, even more expensive.I could not pay it, and the public, which I also know, or for my worst enemy, so I don't know, really.

I currently have a greater fear because I see it closer: a war conflict.What lasa with us in a war conflict?Where would we get insulin!?The strips, the needles ... the freestyle ...?How are diabetic people in Gaza?Or in Ukraine ... Do I explain myself?

Emily's profile photo
Emily
12/03/2023 11:31 a.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

emily said:
Javierladez said:
and I do not mean the technological section ...

Those of us who have been taking care of our illness for many years, almost always thinking that we can only do it ourselves ... What will happen when we can't do it "well"?

The family?(If it's close)

Do you go every day to do it?

A residence? .....

Thank you!!

I think of it many times, and I prefer not to think about it because it is a discouraging.My father had Alzheimer's, what if I suffer a dementia and I can't take care of myself?At this moment I have a husband, I do not know later, who neither knows or interests how this is about diabetes, nor does he know how to do me control, nor how to calculate the dose of insulin, nor know howThere is no way, so even if he is, with him I do not tell him, I have a 23 -year -old who does not know how anything is going, and anyway I will not have a enslaved to take care of me, I want him to do his life, noretain him with me.Private residences are prohibitive if they are half decent, I know them, and to care and control diabetics they must be medicalized, even more expensive.I could not pay it, and the public, which I also know, or for my worst enemy, so I don't know, really.

I currently have a greater fear because I see it closer: a war conflict.What lasa with us in a war conflict?Where would we get insulin!?The strips, the needles ... the freestyle ...?How are diabetic people in Gaza?Or in Ukraine ... I explain?

You explain perfectly, and many of us have very similar perspectives, we are not the navel of the world, but it is an important issue that must be taken to associations, and somehow go looking for the involvement of autonomies and central government, because inThe residences could be made a statistic on how much someone lasts with DM1 would surely enter Panico ... and I do not intend to blame the people who work in residences, many have happened to you that you have found medicines and illKnowledge about our disease are rather ... scarce.

Javierladez's profile photo
Javierladez
12/03/2023 12:04 p.m.

What a difficult topic that is afraid to think
I internally do not think to live many years, but who knows, if I worry the future although I am more concerned with the present, sometimes, when I skip a think about that, that it will happen when I do not remember if I put it orI didn't put it
I imagine that the ideal will be an assistant that is on the lookout, I live in Mexico, here there is not much social security or pleasant alternatives.
But I agree, the future is uncertain and the present is worrying, so while I give me the rope to enjoy what I have today

milagros's profile photo
milagros
12/03/2023 3:24 p.m.

Good afternoon to all, first of all apologize for my previous comment.

@Ruthbia and @meginer, you are right, it is very selfish for my part and a lack of touch towards everyone who has been fighting against diabetes and/or other diseases for years.

Today it seems that I see things from another perspective, but sometimes they assault me ​​not very pleasant thoughts about my future.You never consider what is to come, until you are sick and you know that there is no cure and that it is for a lifetime.

What do you know that many of you are the mirror in which I look daily for how you carry the disease and for the advice you give us to the novels.

Greetings to everyone and have a good afternoon.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
12/03/2023 3:49 p.m.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Javierladez's profile photo
Javierladez
12/03/2023 3:53 p.m.

sandman said:
good afternoon to all, first of all apologize for my previous comment.

@Ruthbia and @meginer, you are right, it is very selfish for my part and a lack of touch towards everyone who has been fighting against diabetes and/or other diseases for years.

Today it seems that I see things from another perspective, but sometimes they assault me ​​not very pleasant thoughts about my future.You never consider what is to come, until you are sick and you know that there is no cure and that it is for a lifetime.

What do you know that many of you are the mirror in which I look daily for how you carry the disease and for the advice you give us to the novels.

Greetings to everyone and have a good afternoon.

I think you have to continue forward, I don't know you can be thinking about the future all the time, the same thing happens to you before and it has nothing to do with the DB.Enjoy the present moment.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/03/2023 7:40 p.m.

In this thread there are some that in addition to diabetes, have depression.And depression is worse than diabetes, as it has better treatment.
I was diagnosed with DM 1 in 1981. Then I have had two daughters, two grandchildren, exercised the law 45 years, happily live with my wife/caregiver and now, retired, I enjoy what I have left to live.When my faculties diminish and cannot lead autonomous life, I intend to "chute me" two "bolis" of fast insulin and if I have seen you, I will not remember.Let's take advantage of the ones we have left.Without acrimony.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
12/03/2023 10:44 p.m.

@Sandman The future is not known, surely we will live many years, better and better even if there is no cure.
Neither with diabetes nor without it, the future is not known.
Enjoy seeing your children grow, family, friends ... It's the most important thing.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/03/2023 11:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The past already happened and nothing can be done (that everyone knows) the future does not exist (we do not know what will happen tomorrow) you have to live the present that is where you can control and act itself to take care now to be to beThe best possible

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/10/2023 1:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.