{'en': 'How do you see the future with diabetes?', 'es': '¿Como veis el futuro con diabetes?'} Image

How do you see the future with diabetes?

Javierladez's profile photo   11/29/2023 5:16 p.m.

joyki said:
the "I at a residence" is fine until you find out what they cost.

Totally true ... and more like the standard of living.
I believe where this thread is being oriented is applicable to all, not because it is diabetic.No one is exempt from old age if one arrives

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
11/30/2023 7:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

meginer said:

That is what I said before urbanizations,

No, I didn't mean urbanizations.Although that concept does not seem a bad option as long as the price is reasonable.The residences seems to me a barbarity, of the order of € 2000 - € 2600 / month.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/30/2023 10:36 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

I have 49 and if in 5-10 years there is no much more effective treatment, I do not think it lasts long.So the retirement does not imagine it.

Of course, 27 years ago I didn't think it would endure until today ...

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/30/2023 10:43 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41, you will be the same or better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/30/2023 11:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

sherpa41 said:
I have 49 and if in 5-10 years there is no much more effective treatment, I do not think it lasts long.So the retirement does not imagine it.

Of course, 27 years ago I also thought I would endure until today ...

We are going to get a bolus of optimism will be 37 years old on that day I debuted with insulin ... and today I am much better than then, and I still learn ...
Courage 5 or 10 years are nothing ... and this evolves ... the better if we except the freeLink app ....

Javierladez's profile photo
Javierladez
11/30/2023 11:46 p.m.

Javierlaladez said:
well ... I expected other types of contributions, I might not know how to put a good argument ...
If someone invites us to an excursion from Mintaña (or similar we put imagination) we possibly put in our backpack necessary things, and others that may not be a flashlight a raincoat a lighter, etc ... etc ...say not to wait to be with the need .... forecast, no concern .... that you can be happy equally.

I hope to continue traveling and dating motorcycle in 25 years.As I will be much healthier than now the life expectancy will be longer.Does Tocayo optimistic?@Javierladez: wink :: Smiley:

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/01/2023 8:24 a.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Far better....

Javierladez
12/01/2023 9:17 a.m.

Well, I am pessimistic by nature.I always see everything on the bad side.

Since I debuted 4 years ago because I still see everything much more black.

I am 49 years old, with diabetes and now with high cholesterol.I don't have many reasons to be optimistic.

The truth is that I do not see myself even at 55.

I have already told my wife to take care of, for our children and so that I can find someone for when I am.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
12/01/2023 12:53 p.m.

Sandman said:
Well I am pessimistic by nature.I always see everything on the bad side.

I am 49 years old, with diabetes and now with high cholesterol.I don't have many reasons to be optimistic.

I have already told my wife to take care of, for our children and so that I can find someone for when I am.

I really can understand your concern, but it seems exaggerated pelin, for this forum pululates people who have been with DM1 for more than 40 years, and it can be said that 35 years have been without technology, take care of that if you are going to catch a depressionwithout foundation.

Javierladez
12/01/2023 1:46 p.m.

Sandman said:

Encourage @sandman, that we leave.Are you taking simvastatin?They prescribed it a few months ago because of cholesterol.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/01/2023 2:26 p.m.

Sandman said:

Yes, you can tell you that you are pessimistic ...
Let's see, if there are people who have been with diabetes for 40 years and with fewer means of control than now, we are going to take another 40 years ...
And above you, that you are the crack of control (I do not forget that week of party that you have spent controlling without fast 😉).

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/01/2023 2:43 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Sandman said:

I tell you what everyone: a pessimistic thorn is.I think about the future, but with the idea that it will be for many years, hehehe, not the opposite.I also have the cholesterol a tall tad since I debuted.Well, it would really be fine, but I have to take the pill to achieve the limits for diabetics.But, look, as long as there is treatment, we are doing well.Dare!

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
12/01/2023 2:48 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Sandman said:

Halaaaa!Where are you going with those spirits?If you carry it exemplary!You try to enjoy yours every moment.Life is a gift and while we have good faculties we have to take advantage.I said it before;Projecting to the future is a sterile exercise, it only leads to restlessness.Now we are full of life, with means to handle the damn diabetes.In our hand is taking care of ourselves and doing things that we like.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/01/2023 5:16 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Thank you all for the spirits but I suppose I am happening in my mood.

Last week I was in the review and, in terms of diabetes, everything was fine: 5.7% gly, IRR in 95% and variability below 30.

But when they told me about cholesterol (Hdl well, high LDL and yet the triglycerides have lowered me enough), I don't know, I fell like a shot.Since that day I don't lift his head.

They have also given me the following appointment within a year.I feel helpless.

As for simvastatin, I have not yet taken it.I'm very afraid to medicate.I'm afraid to lose quality of life.I have always been very going and alternate with friends.Eating all together, having a wine, a glass ... I would hate that.Since I debuted I have raised it like this: the whole week supercontrolled, but let me go and make me crazy and enjoy.It is the way I try to cope with diabetes daily.

At the moment I will try to lower it without medication.For 3-4 months I will try on my own.No pills.

If there is no choice, I will see it when the time comes.

I know that there are people who are much worse than me and you will think that I am an idiot and a selfish (here suffering daily and this fool is worried about not being able to take some wines on a Saturday).You have the right to think like this.I can't help it.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
12/01/2023 5:41 p.m.

Sandman said:
Thank you all for the spirits but I suppose I am going through a pump in my mood.

Last week I was in the review and, in terms of diabetes, everything was fine: 5.7% gly, IRR in 95% and variability below 30.

But when they told me about cholesterol (Hdl well, high LDL and yet the triglycerides have lowered me enough), I don't know, I fell like a shot.Since that day I don't lift his head.

They have also given me the following appointment within a year.I feel helpless.

As for simvastatin, I have not yet taken it.I'm very afraid to medicate.I'm afraid to lose quality of life.I have always been very going and alternate with friends.Eating all together, having a wine, a glass ... I would hate that.Since I debuted I have raised it like this: the whole week supercontrolled, but let me go and make me crazy and enjoy.It is the way I try to cope with diabetes daily.

At the moment I will try to lower it without medication.For 3-4 months I will try on my own.No pills.

I know that there are people who are much worse than me and you will think that I am an idiot and a selfish (here suffering daily and this fool is worried about not being able to take some wines on a Saturday).You have the right to think like this.I can't help it.

No man, no.We all have whim.But you'll see how it is not so serious.
And we all understand the quality of life.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/01/2023 9:04 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

We have treated the cholesterol issue many times in the forum.Its relationship with cardiovascular risk is not so clear.It is more important to have good ratios between LDL and HDL than the gross amount.It is a controversial issue, there is no unanimity of criteria among doctors or conclusive scientific evidence.

Studies that relate cholesterol with greater cardiovascular risk exclude the population that spoils the story, are not reliable.There is a current of medical and nutrition professionals that defend that the really dangerous thing for cardiovascular health is sugar.

Endocrine impose cholesterol objectives on diabetics that are unnatural, which can only be achieved by taking statins.

If it serves as comfort I am not taking them either and they have already prescribed them.I exercise a lot, I have good control (your figures are better) and I am afraid of the possible side effects of those medicines.It is not something that is going to be taken sporadically, it is life imprisonment, so sooner or earlier some side effect can come out.

Investigate the French paradox and the Eskimo Paradox, it is interesting.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/01/2023 9:29 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

My father spent 30 years taking statins and died at 96, already tired from a heart, but the statins did not cause anything wrong.
And new treatments are coming out.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/01/2023 9:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, that, encouragement for everyone, and see you in a condominium for diabetics.
@Sandman changed cholesterol for annual chest cancer control.There is always something worse ... But boy, you have to live as well as possible and enjoy those moments.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/02/2023 8:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The future does not exist.In addition, today it will not be repeated again, so to enjoy the present, that with that we already have enough

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/02/2023 8:58 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Sandman said:
Thank you all for the spirits but I suppose I am going through a pump in my mood.

Uncle, that the cholesterol is nothing, and also, there is a lot of controversy with that, the really dangerous is sugar and not cholesterol.
And on the other hand, yes, many of us have been with DB for more than 40 years.You carry 4 ...
Think how we would have to be ... I tell my husband and my son who are preparing?
I do not know, it is not that I am the soul of the party and I understand the dowers and the mood low but to say with 4 years of dB and with the media that there are today that you think what you think ... I do not know, it seems to meno longer pessimistic but even disappointing and discouraging for veterans in this.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/02/2023 10:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.