{'en': 'Unstable glucose in pregnant woman', 'es': 'Glucosa inestable en mujer embarazada'} Image

Unstable glucose in pregnant woman

pirpel19's profile photo   12/06/2023 1:23 p.m.

Good, let's see a jaleo ...

I am pregnant, I take 425 metformin in the morning and at night!

Fast insulin with breakfast, food and dinner 2-3-2.

And an hour after dinner Lantus 7

Before I wore Lantus 4 and my fasting glycemia were 106-109, I got dose ...

The first day that I am increasing dose I put 6 from Lantus at 23 hours and about 00:30 I take a milk base and an integral biscote and at 7 in the morning I wake up at 92, great.

We decided to increase to 8 of Lantus to have the glucose in pregnancy below 90.

Last night I click on Lantus at 23 and at 00 I took a glass of milk and 3 cookies 0% sugar and I got up to 98 uploading one more point of Lantus.

What can be due?

What is better that I don't eat anything before bed?

What many hours of fasting spend?

What cookies have uploaded more than the Biscote?

I don't understand anything!!

Is Lantus better click on just before going to sleep to avoid this?

It is that I punish it around 23 hours.

Right now I am lost I do not know what to do to have the glucose on an empty stomach, the rest of basal basal ones are perfect so I do not know what fails.

Can you help me?

Thank you!!!

pirpel19's profile photo
pirpel19
12/06/2023 1:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see, be careful with Lantus that at 3 hours has a peak of action and drastically lowers glucose.So those cookies are going well for you, but you would have hypoglycemia.
Consult with your gestational endocrine, but Lantus can be put in the morning to control that peak, being awake you can take something with glucose to overcome, and you have to consider that it does not cover 24 hours so metformin helps you with resistance.

A 98 sporadic episode says nothing, the effects of uploading or lowering units are seen at 3 days.We are never the same 2 days in a row, there are a thousand factors that produce alterations.

It is a pregnancy, with type 1 diabetes, they told me that I had to be between 80 and 115-120.So don't get overwhelmed, you're doing well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/06/2023 1:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
Let's see, be careful with lantus that at 3 hours has a peak of action and drastically low glucose.So those cookies are going well for you, but you would have hypoglycemia.
Consult with your gestational endocrine, but Lantus can be put in the morning to control that peak, being awake you can take something with glucose to overcome, and you have to consider that it does not cover 24 hours so metformin helps you with resistance.

A 98 sporadic episode says nothing, the effects of uploading or lowering units are seen at 3 days.We are never the same 2 days in a row, there are a thousand factors that produce alterations.

It is a pregnancy, with type 1 diabetes, they told me that I had to be between 80 and 115-120.So don't get overwhelmed, you're doing well.

Well, I have looked at the glucose at 2 in the morning and 110 and at 2:30 115 I get on and that the last intake was done at 23:45 before I went to sleep ... during the day the basal is going well butAt night I am shooting ...
The worst is the burden of being pregnant and I am and I can not control it and I do not have inocrine up to two weeks

pirpel19's profile photo
pirpel19
12/07/2023 3:15 a.m.

At the middle that you are taking weight, your insulin needs will go up.It is normal.
Don't worry because your controls are very good.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
12/07/2023 10:27 a.m.

@pirpel19 I can't agree with @juanso
You carry a very good control, and as you start the second and third quarter, insulin needs can be duplicated or tripled.
You are making it phenomenal.
As for the Lantus, what @ruthbia has told you about 2-3 days with a dose, if when you wake up you are "high" up a ... and so on.
Cheer up!Everything is going to go very well!Also remember that the body is wise, and will protect everything that can be your baby, but you still are calm because you are going very well!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
12/07/2023 12:21 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

pirpel19 said:
ruthbia said:
Let's see, be careful with lantus that at 3 hours has a peak of action and drastically low the glucose.So those cookies are going well for you, but you would have hypoglycemia.

Well, I have looked at the glucose at 2 in the morning and 110 and at 2:30 115 I get on and that the last intake was done at 23:45 before I went to sleep ... during the day the basal is going well butAt night I am shooting ...
The worst is the burden of being pregnant and that I pass me and I can not control it and I do not have inocrine up to two weeks

Well, sometimes the food goes up 2/3/4 or 5 hours after eating.It depends on what you carry what you have eaten.So two hours after eating you can still go up.The cookies for example are very slow.But it is that 110/115 are very good values, you don't have to worry about that.Another thing would be to be in 180/200.
And then being in 90/95/98 ... is exactly the same.Even if you make two straps you will see that it never gives you the same exact value.
The values ​​you say are very good but consult the endo and you are calm.You'll see how everything is going to do very well.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/07/2023 2:25 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you very much, you help a lot because yesterday when I saw 115 I could not sleep ... I am reconcuted to think that I still have two months ybque depend so much on me, I suppose that TMB influences that it has cost me 10 years and 5 losses to have them now in my belly and thatWe are so close that everything that depends on me and can affect them overwhelms me.I will try to put on the Lantus at 20:00 instead of at 23:00 and go up a unit to see if so during the night I do not stay so high and I arrive in the morning something lower!In principle on Monday they will put the sensor and see if I can control a little and see the graphs.
But it is that in the SS they are so strict told me less than 90 on an empty stomach and not passing 130 at the time ... and I demand a lot!

Thank you all

pirpel19's profile photo
pirpel19
12/07/2023 4:58 p.m.

@pirpel19 Another thing you should consider are fats.If you have cheese or something with fat, at 4 hours it becomes carbohydrates, those are the climbs around 3 in the morning.
But come on, you take him phenomenal.And I understand you perfectly, I spent 10 years in treatments and I didn't get it.Much encouragement

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/07/2023 9:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@pirpel19 For what you comment, you do not wear insulin pump or glucose sensor and the values ​​you have commented here are all good, it has a lot of merit.I tell you because I think that being so strict with glucose figures can be even counterprudence, with a value of 115 during the night you have to be able to dominate calmly.I perfectly understand your concern to always be in rank, because you don't just for you, you do it for them.But figures around 130 should not worry.With the sensor, surely you will learn and improve your vs. vs..Much encouragement.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
12/07/2023 11:53 p.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

If it serves you, the endocrine put the Lantus at noon and in the morning I woke up great from values.The sensor did very well (bought by me, not put by the SS).And it is normal in the end that the values ​​are unbridled a bit, the resistance is increasing, but they are very good values, I have taken super exhaustive control and once I have passed from 140 for example in the meals and despite that my daughterI was born in a very good weight, they did not have to induce me, I did not put myself fast because it went down quickly despite being over 140 at lunchtime.What served me the most was putting the slow at noon (noon not 12 in the morning but the time I usually eat, between 14-17 hours I put it on) to control the fasting values ​​that was what it wasI always had higher.On the other hand, I did not usually take anything before bed, I was doing well with the normal dinner, but I did not make me fast, of course.It is also normal that you have to go to the best, going up at that stage of pregnancy the amount of slow, for resistance

The values ​​that you have night are great.The endocrine told me to worry about having very high types of 180 and will take a long time to go down.Get the sensor, you will see that you are doing well.But as I tell you, it is normal in the third quarter to have greater resistance and have to raise insulin, 110-115 are not values ​​that you can consider that it is triggered, be calm, one tells you one that also suffered the thing with this issue with this issueAnd in pregnancy and I have given birth in August to a girl who was born perfectly without any problem associated with diabetes.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
12/08/2023 9:55 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Hi, yesterday I put Lantus at 9:30 p.m. instead of 23 and I just did not ate anything to bed.
At 0: 30’ I was 105 at 3 in 95 and I got up at 7 in 94.
So we have improved something ...
Today I will try to prick Lantus at 8 pm, shortI go to bed, I'm afraid that I get out of the Noxhe so I go with my doubt.
I had thought about an ounce of choco of 85 and two nuts but I don't know if it will be worse ...
At least I have already seen that hypoglycemia do not give me even.
Now with the pregnancy weight 80kg and I puncture 8 of Lantus since yesterday .. I believe that I have enough margin to get into the weight but I go little by little I upload a unit I wait two days to see how such and if not I upload another.
The sensor in principle this Monday lonposes me social follows but I will not buy it to at least know what my glucose does what time it starts to rise and that is why I am very lost.
☺️Thanks everyone

pirpel19's profile photo
pirpel19
12/08/2023 10:54 a.m.

anabela said:
@pirpel19 so you comment, do not wear insulin pump or glucose sensor and the values ​​you have commented here are all good, it has a lot of merit.I tell you because I think that being so strict with glucose figures can be even counterprudence, with a value of 115 during the night you have to be able to dominate calmly.I perfectly understand your concern to always be in rank, because you don't just for you, you do it for them.But figures around 130 should not worry.With the sensor, surely you will learn and improve your vs. vs..Much encouragement.

It is that the pregnancy rank lowers a lot about CDO there is no pregnant.I understand their intention to be as they have told him, but that they are not values ​​that are well above the range that they have put you, you are going very well and if they will put the sensor, much better.Also nerves and anxiety make you go up so try to take it with the greatest possible calm, which I know is difficult.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/08/2023 1:45 p.m.

And now I have a question, it can be that the slow one does not do well or that being the insufficient dose does not do anything to me?
I was reviewing my glucose before eating only with metformin and I see that it was 95.98.89.93 except one of 105.
But it has been to lower the dose of metformin and prick the slow one and have 108,104, at dinner 96,98.99 then I don't know if at the best or it is little dose and Jo does anything or maybe I would only do the fast the fastAnd with the slow I am worse ...
I do not know what martyrdom to see if they give me the sensor already ... because the meals arrived high comeddo at 14:30 and breakfast at 7 and at 11 I take a yogurt and in the afternoon at 17:30 I am perfect beforeStart at 91 but from there he starts to go up and planted me in the chrna with 100 ... so I don't know if I do it well.
Let's see another unit going up today to see how it goes ...

pirpel19's profile photo
pirpel19
12/08/2023 9:34 p.m.

@Meginer Just referred to that by saying that this strict control was counter -prudent, for the fears and insecurity that may be generating and that it ends up having an impact on glucose levels.I spent a pregnancy with a bomb and sensor and I know that the figures are more "demanding", but reaching 130-140 in post-meter figures is not a bad control.@pirpel19 really that being in values ​​from 90 to 110 is an excellent control.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
12/08/2023 9:48 p.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

Pirpel There is no correct dose of Lantus, you will modify it as you see that you need it, give yourself a 3 -day margin when you upload it.But do not shoot at all, take that idea of ​​your head, the values ​​you have is great

Nila's profile photo
Nila
12/09/2023 7:49 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

And it can't be that it has excess insulin and there high glucose values?Forgive but I am new in this and I do not fit that without insulin I almost had better basal levels than by clicking 9 of Lantus.
In other words, I had insulin resistance, I took metformin and now I have lowered the dose of metformin and put me insulin ... let's say that because with metformin and pregnancy my post -patrials were high and the basal between 95 and 105 and now it turns out thatWith the insulin fast the perfect posts but the basal = or worse clicking 9 of Lantus ...
I don't know if metformin is counterproductive along with slow or directly insulin that would go better without slow and only quickly.
Can I leave the slow psra one day doing checks or not?

pirpel19's profile photo
pirpel19
12/09/2023 8:03 a.m.

@pirpel19 With pregnancy your pancreas malfunction and is not producing the insulin you need.
With metformin you temporarily solve it because it helps the pancreas, but there comes a time that is not enough and you need exogenous insulin.
Right now insulin gives you what you lack and metformin causes it to take advantage of better.The doctor is the one who can best explain it to you.
A "healthy" person is between 80-110md/dl you don't have to overwhelm for higher values, your body recovers, for that you take metformin and lantus.Also as you take more weight, you need more quantity.You should not leave anything without your doctor.
The weight influences a lot, with pregnancy and without it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/09/2023 10:13 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@pirpel, you are so perfect that you can't be better.Relax and rest.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/09/2023 10:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@pirpel19 You don't know what I can understand your concern and "obsession", but you are doing it phenomenal.
Look if you are doing well, that with 6.5 I would give me authorization ... And that is done to heal in health, I mean that people with higher gyriates have had their babies in the best conditions.
6.5 is an average of 139'8 approx.An average!So look if you are doing well.

Don't take off the lantus.You need the lantus ... and in fact you will need more ... maybe they are quick to do with time for meals.But time to time.

As we all tell you that you are so anxious and nervous, glycemia can get you, so as far as possible, you are calm, and to think that everything will be fine!You are being from before the zero minute a great mother who takes care of her children very well.Everything is going well, and in the "little" you will tell us that they are here!

You see telling us and relieve you and you share the "sweet" wait, but we all tell you the truth.You go from cinema!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
12/09/2023 11:48 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Metformin what it does is reduce insulin resistance but if you don't have enough insulin, you must also put it exogenous.
The mixture of the two is not counterproductive, metformin helps to have less insulin, believe me, that I have both and if I forget the metformin, with the same insulin of always I am high.
If you would have insulin, you would be low, not high.
The only thing that can happen is that perhaps they should not have reduced metformin, that you need more, but that will already see you.
Calm down, you have very good values.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/09/2023 5:07 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.