{'en': 'Do not throw used medical material', 'es': 'No tirar material medico usado'} Image

Do not throw used medical material

_Tacker_'s profile photo   03/12/2023 4:04 p.m.

I want to break a spear in favor of those people whose economic situation is very bad and are dedicated to searching in garbage containers, whether metals, copper, food, clothing or whatever you can sell.

Once the above has been said, there is a kid that I know of sight and that a living by searching in containers is made, and now it is pending the results of some hepatitis and AIDS tests, because several insulin pen needles were closed when looking forin some containers in the Atocha Renfe area.I give the area more or less in case it gives the chance of reading this and becomes aware.

I have always been one of which the used needle I keep in a box until I return home, although I have seen a kid to throw the needle on the tray of a Bell taco.That has been the only occasion seen live, I told him and gave him the same .....

Please throw the needles and everything that can cause damage or infection to others in the containers that so easily give us in medical centers.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/12/2023 4:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I asked for a container of those for me and my mother (I lancet, she lancets and needles) and they told me to put the hood and throw them in the trash, that they were not going to give us anything and that they were not going to pick them upIf we put them in a boat/jar and we took it ... in fact we tried and nothing, so ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
03/12/2023 6:22 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

They don't give me a container either, so I'm getting into a boat and when it is filled, I close it and in the trash.That told me to do in my health center.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/12/2023 7:58 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

It is not I did not give me, it is that they have not explained anything to me and so far I threw it happily in the trash

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/12/2023 11:12 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

This afternoon in the Park walking I meet two diabetic friends and one who is a nurse, and tells me that in theory they have to give and collect, but that in practice it depends on the day that the nurse has.
And what should be done is to train the patient so as not to throw in the trash, but it is all a matter of the day they have ...

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/12/2023 11:35 p.m.

Well, I will do that but to store it in a boat and throw it along with the closed strips, I will ask before in the health center just in case

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/13/2023 7:15 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I had the yellow boat, the nurse gave me.But completely.Throw all the needles to the orange lid.
I do not fit more junk at home: glass, paper, plastics, composting and remains.Me bulbs and clicks when it touches
Yellow is another boat, I have no space.
Of course the needles strips in their case.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/14/2023 2:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Today he arrived at the health center to ask for needles, and I carry the yellow boat .......... To my surprise the nurse tells me that although in theory it is dangerous material and you have to deliver it there, she tells everythingThe world that puts the needles and similes in a transparent bottle with a cap and throws it in the trash, to Fripar, especially when I had put this message in a diabetic forum and at the moment it gives me a small and very cool container, there are already design ..... hahahaha

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/14/2023 7:40 p.m.

_ tacker _ said:
today arrived at the health center to ask for needles, and I carry the yellow boat .......... To my surprise the nurse tells me that although in theory it is theoryDangerous material and you have to deliver it there, she tells everyone that they put the needles and similes in a transparent bottle with a cap and throw it in the trash, to Fripar, especially when she had put this message in a forum in a forumof diabetics and at the moment it gives me a small and very cool container, there are already design ...

That is what they tell me.Do not miss you that when you take them they throw them in the trash ...

isabelbota
03/14/2023 8:25 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
_ tacker _ said:
today arrived at the health center to ask for needles, and carry the yellow boat ..........Especially when he had put this message in a diabetic forum and at the moment it gives me a small and very cool container, there are already design ...

That is what they tell me.Do not miss you that when you take them throw them in the trash ...

I would not be surprised at all, for what he told me ......

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/15/2023 12:44 a.m.

They do give yellow containers in the health center.They have them all sizes, for those who do not have much space at home, for example.They have never put me, in fact the nurse offered me the first time, because I did not know of its existence.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
03/15/2023 10:07 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

There is a suggestion / claims mailbox in each ambulatory .... It also depends on us to demand and help things be done correction ... we see enough plastic on all sides (thrown).

Javirote's profile photo
Javirote
03/15/2023 4:05 p.m.

carussa said:
They give yellow containers in the health center.They have them all sizes, for those who do not have much space at home, for example.They have never put me, in fact the nurse offered me the first time, because I did not know of its existence.

Luckily, the espion confirms the rule !!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
03/15/2023 8:45 p.m.

The theme for me is the following.
Ok, the needles (to those who pick them up) and then?
Does anyone know where they will stop?Are there needers of needles?Or recycling plants?Or what?
For me they end with normal garbage ...

isabelbota
03/15/2023 9:21 p.m.

There is a protocol for the management of this waste, contracts with specialized companies for those classified as more dangerous and regulatory muuucha in this regard.
I do not know if the administration manages it well, regular or bad and is not in my hand to avoid or improve it.I focus on what I can do and it is to separate the waste that I generate and deliver to the health center the lancet, needles and reactive strips used in the yellow boat that diligently delivered to me.
The boat is the same size as a colacao boat and filled it in 4 months, approx.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/16/2023 11:44 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

In theory it is as you have commented, there is a protocol, when I have delivered it, the cleaners picked it up, then I do not know, but I am going to ask that these days I am almost without strips and I have to go.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/16/2023 1:42 p.m.

All this waste will incineration, those of the yellow boat that give you in the ambulatory and usually when picking it up they have to take the data to keep control over this and it is totally normal.

Javirote's profile photo
Javirote
03/16/2023 6:31 p.m.

javirote said:
all this waste goes to incineration, those of the yellow boat that give you in the ambulatory and usually when picking it up they have to take the data to bring control over this and it istotally normal.

Data have never taken me, but I am no longer surprised at anything, after what I know that happens in other centers.

Today as on other occasions, they have not been few, a woman with a garbage bag is approached to the container and throws her next to her, they do not even make the effort to open the lid, the bag was transparent and had a fallow of medications,Look out of curiosity and those that were seen through plastic, including several insulin boxes ........ I no longer know what to think ..... to freak up ..... there he stayed forAssumption, but I took a photo, his header is also mine and I will ask him what he thinks.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
03/17/2023 8:31 p.m.

... no comments :(

Javirote's profile photo
Javirote
03/17/2023 11:35 p.m.

The issue of garbage medications although after a long time they have clarified it, the one that throws the medications has several pensioners and when it accumulates too much they throw them ....... total are free ..... alreadyhas received several complaints

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
09/01/2023 9:41 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.