{'en': 'Do not throw used medical material', 'es': 'No tirar material medico usado'} Image

Do not throw used medical material

_Tacker_'s profile photo   03/12/2023 4:04 p.m.

I always give me the yellow container for contaminated biosanitary waste in the outpatient ... When I fill it, I return it sealed and give me another ...
Deposit needles, strips, lancetas ... although I have doubts about the sensors, because a girl told me one day that when I have electronic compounds ... where do you throw them ...?

On the other hand, the management of these health waste and others are classified and have a fairly severe regulation to their destruction.
There are companies that are dedicated to their transport, storage, custody and destruction.
The toilets know the rules, another thing is then the desire that one has to do things well,

My mother had a small incident in the dental clinic where she worked ... a partner missed a needle and punctured.
Hepatitis tests, AIDS ...
It's not anything ... you have to think about others.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/02/2023 1:19 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Silviagrz said:
The yellow container for contaminated biosanitary waste always give me in the ambulatory ... when I fill it, I return it sealed and give me another ...
Deposit needles, strips, lancetas ... although I have doubts about the sensors, because a girl told me one day that when I have electronic compounds ... where do you throw them ...?

On the other hand, the management of these health waste and others are classified and have a fairly severe regulation to their destruction.
There are companies that are dedicated to their transport, storage, custody and destruction.
The toilets know the rules, another thing is then the desire that one has to do things well,

My mother had a small incident in the dental clinic where she worked ... a partner missed a needle and punctured.
Hepatitis tests, AIDS ...
It's not anything ... you have to think about others.

The sensors of people often throw them into the battery container.I take them to the clean point (they are electronic) because I think it is the most correct and I have one next to the house.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/02/2023 7:11 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I had not commented, but today at the house of a lady to whom she repaired the frigthe container next to the health center.Apparently he emptied them right there and took them to the mother ....... no comments ....

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
01/28/2024 8:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Insulin waters have very little danger of infection because they do not usually come into contact with blood, even the lancets used do not usually have much blood.
The risk of infection is very low.
And it costs money to collect waste ...
I shot them with their lid and inside the plastics.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
01/28/2024 11:21 p.m.

juansolo said:
insulin waters, have very little danger of infection because they do not usually come into contact with blood, even the used lancets do not usually have much blood.
The risk of infection is very low.
And it costs money to collect waste ...
I throw them with their lid and inside the plastics.

As a general rule I agree, but I have seen people click insulin and exit blood as if they were stabbed when putting the dose ...What was full of the plastic with blood ... and where I had put it, several drops came out.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
06/01/2024 1:14 p.m.

They gave me the yellow boat for the first time in the hospital, when I had to start clicking weekly another injection (with insulin nobody told me anything more than two years ago).Now, every two months, I go for a new remittance of the weekly injection and leave the boat close to a wall, and give me another.One day out of curiosity I asked what they did with those boats (there are always several like mine), and they told me that a company in Murcia goes to pick them up weekly to incinerate them.I don't know if it will be true, but it is what they told me in the hospital.

In the health center for putting me for everything, even the one that gives me needles for insulin is a number;I do not refer to lancetas, if you do not need the feathers (of which you have to put new every time you injepe).

They look like two worlds, the hospital and the health center.

Chesana's profile photo
Chesana
06/02/2024 2:35 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.