{'en': 'Almost without clicking insulin for sport', 'es': 'Casi sin pinchar insulina por el deporte'} Image

Almost without clicking insulin for sport

madreDMT1's profile photo   12/17/2023 11:36 p.m.

anabela said:
I put threeiba at 8pm and it is weird the night that I do not end in hypoglycemia between 6 and 8h in the morning.I keep going down the dose, I am already in 16 units, and nothing, I always end up low at dawn.

Well, you will need even less.
I am that I am fine throughout the day, even in the morning in 70-80 all the time, but it is to arrive at 2 in the morning and start up, if I get more ended in hicc during the day, that's why childbirthI will try to see cast dose, the same increasing the dose of the morning ...

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/28/2023 12:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@meginer The problem of Tresiba is that it lasts up to 36 hours, it is more difficult to control.
Toujeo lasts less, 24 to 26 or perhaps a little more but neither by the 36h of Tresiba.
That is flat, flat, flat ... does not absorb even 10g cookie that you pass.
I am also uncontrolled these days, as I get rid, I walk a lot and sleep too much.Or I am in Hiper of 260 and I spend 48 without symptoms at 4 hours when there is no longer insulin active.The rapid is very slow lately.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/28/2023 7:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@meginer The problem of threeiba is that it lasts up to 36 hours, it is more difficult to control.
Toujeo lasts less, 24 to 26 or perhaps a little more but neither by the 36h of Tresiba.
That is flat, flat, flat ... does not absorb even 10g cookie that you pass.
I am also uncontrolled these days, as I get rid, I walk a lot and sleep too much.Or I am in Hiper of 260 and I spend 48 without symptoms at 4 hours when there is no longer insulin active.The rapid is very slow lately.

Tresiba is even more flat than toujeo, only that in theory lasts longer although it must also be put daily, and that is what you say, a low food is very good in hydrates but as soon as you spend something one day, it does not cover anything.Even so, I left Lantus because they gave me beastly hypos at night and there were no sensors or alarms, the endocrine changed me to Toujeo and no matter how much I climbed, I could not get a good average control, double the dose of LantusAnd nothing, so in the end I changed to Tresiba and at the beginning it was great, flat day and night.
But at several months this began to happen to me, I have seasons of greater stability but usually climb me at night.
Since that I started to work on Tuesday, I have moved more and eat better, go to the gym etc, I am better.Before, like you, 250 and suddenly 40 PQ the fast insulin looks like water and I correct myself again, until suddenly goes down suddenly, as if all the previous insulin acts at once.
Tresiba is the best of all the slow ones but I do not finish catching the trick, for more changes that I have made at times and even splitting the two.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/28/2023 10:13 p.m.

We are on a full moon.Call me crazy but it does not seem a coincidence that three women of this forum that we have an acceptable control of the glycemias we go head at the same time.I will observe it, if the next cycle happens something similar, I will consider raising the doses on a full moon.
We know that insulin changes its effectiveness with temperature, atmospheric pressure and hours of the day.We also know that lunar cycles influence some hormones.Could it also influence blood glucose?

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/28/2023 11:55 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Let's see if it is that at dawn the heating down and the insulin is absorbed worse?
It's a joke.It is that with an insulin that is put under the skin, a thousand things can happen.
You can't control everything, but it seems to me that you are perfect with those glycos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/29/2023 3:47 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

salad said:
We are on a full moon.Call me crazy but it does not seem a coincidence that three women of this forum that we have an acceptable control of the glycemias we go head at the same time.I will observe it, if the next cycle happens something similar, I will consider raising the doses on a full moon.
We know that insulin changes its effectiveness with temperature, atmospheric pressure and hours of the day.We also know that lunar cycles influence some hormones.Could it also influence blood glucose?

Full moon? 😂😂 Nothing, salad, with how rational you see you ...
Let's see if it will have more to do with Christmas excesses, what we do something.And the excesses are paid, in my case several days ...
(Although well, I think it influences me ... to the full moon)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/29/2023 8:03 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Ha ha ha.I don't go for the esoteric.There is enough scientific literature on biorers;In fact there is a discipline called chronobiology, which identifies cycles (especially circadians) and their effects on blood pressure, heart rate, etc.To apply medications at the optimal time.
But yes, someone as brain as me, in view of the glycemic lack of control that I have lately, I grab any unpredictable external factor.
Today at 7:30 another hypo.I take some apple juice (calculation 0.5 rations) trace to 90 and, in less than 1 hour again 67.
I am on vacation and I can't have a calm night to rest in conditions, what fedness.: s

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/29/2023 10:21 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

The temperature affects me a lot.In summer 15 or 16 slow.How much the cold comes to 18 or 20, as now.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/29/2023 1:05 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

We use all comments.
The sport, from my ignorance and inexperience (which is very wide), helps a lot, both mentally and glucose control.It is true that it is not easy, because it is an added stress factor to see how much it goes down or does not go down.But I think it should be more emphasis from every place, that sedentary lifestyle we already know that it is bad, but it is not until you see it with a sensor that you realize to what extent.

madreDMT1's profile photo
madreDMT1
12/29/2023 5:46 p.m.

Madre de adolescente DM1 (nacido en 2008), con DM1 desde 17/11/2023
Abasaglar 19
80-150 Raciones HC/día, dependiendo mucho de los planes y del deporte.
Sensor FreeStyle Libre 3
Madrid

@meginer, because I have been starting the three -year as I said.The schedules are fixed the 7h half and from 20 to 9pm the other half.For now I am doing well and the Alba effect has disappeared.That is now, which does not mean that you have to make the adjustments that are proceeding again if I see that the control is not the one I intend.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/30/2023 8:50 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Madredmt1 said:
We use all comments.
The sport, from my ignorance and inexperience (which is very wide), helps a lot, both mentally and glucose control.It is true that it is not easy, because it is an added stress factor to see how much it goes down or does not go down.But I think that more emphasis should be made from every place, that sedentary lifestyle we already know that it is bad, but it is not until you see it with a sensor that you realize to what extent.

In type 2 dB, the effectiveness for glycemia control is demonstrated but not in type 1, because it is a certain stress, depending on the MTO in which you do it, the type of ex is done (more aerobic or anaerobic), if there is an active insulin or not etc ... you can get up or down and demand a lot of experience to know how to control all that.But it is of course impotement for general, cardiovascular health, and PQ greatly improves insulin sensitivity.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/30/2023 11:23 p.m.

wave said:
@meginer, because I have been starting the three -year as I said.The schedules are fixed the 7h half and from 20 to 9pm the other half.For now I am doing well and the Alba effect has disappeared.That is now, which does not mean that you have to make the adjustments that are proceeding again if I see that the control is not the one I intend.

I have been doing it for 4 days, before I did it but almost everything at night and in the morning little (because I saw that I was missing more at night), but I matched the doses and it seems that it goes better, to see q passes pqIt usually happens to me that time passes and I will be disoriented again.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/30/2023 11:26 p.m.

Well, something similar is also very similar lately, and that is that the fast does not work so fast ...

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
12/31/2023 12:20 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Madredmt1 said:
diegoc said:
from experience with my daughter ... sometimes we establish cause-effect and there may be other reasons behind.The exercise influences, and so much that it influences, but it is possible that without having exercised it would also have had that need for less insulin, or because the basal has to reduce it, or because if body needs less insulin more insulin beyond that it does moreor less sport.

It works to be aware of the hours to which hypoglycemia are usually produced.In the case of my daughter, even if it is without activity, it has dances every day at 11h and at 7pm.And therefore needs a contribution.

It also has seasons that need more insulin and seasons in which you need less with similar activity.

But obviously the intense or prolonged exercise affects.

Thank you very much, this is very useful.
We try to be pending, but it is true that it is not always easy, because I also have the feeling that we obsess ourselves, and we obsess him, with the sensor.These days at Christmas they are costing.The exercise lowers more than we thought.But polvorones do strange things.They give up later, anyway.It is true that Christmas is exceptional, but since we catch new we understand even less.

I understand you, we also have the feeling of obsessing and the concern of transmitting too much demand, because if poorly carried diabetes brings complications, anxiety, stress and living attached to the number that marks every five minutes too.It is difficult to find balance and sometimes you have to make efforts both to loosen the rope and to tighten it when we relax too much.

With Christmas we are the same: a dust, a sweet, a piece of cake, and we never hit.It ends in hiccup even weighing everything and then later we are pending because it goes up with fat.But well, we assume that the four Christmas meals are not going to be perfect because enjoying and relaxing a bit is also important.

Much encouragement and happy holidays.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
12/31/2023 1:09 p.m.

Hello everyone,
Our experience with my daughter is very long to tell, but I recommend, especially in this phase, diet that reduces unnecessary sugars and hydrates (distributed throughout the day) and a lot of sport.Eating fish, meats, vegetables, vegetables is possible if the body is educated.
My daughter, with honeymoon, had an uncontrolled diabetes.Up and down.Crazy.Then, we entered this dynamic and two years after its debut takes 2 of Tresiba (not to lose habit in case) and nothing fast, except if one day you want an ice cream or an extra (very rarely).
I never participated in these debates because and I have had any disappointment, but I am convinced that there are other paths to travel.Although the heroes are the ones who do it (my daughter).
I hope not to bother anyone with my comments.
Greetings and happy year to all

jorge123's profile photo
jorge123
12/31/2023 1:45 p.m.

Well, I already spend the moon effect and today, playing sports, the doses to inject were reduced enough.Of course, you have to know, be consistent, some exercises "burn" sugar and others, such as lifting weights, most likely they will upload it.In addition to taking into account not only the times just doing sports, but then the recovery after it, after hours., If you reduce weight (less body fat, the less number of insuffineendocrine) or if you want it because you make muscle and take volume ....... several factors must be taken into account, but it can be done and yes, you may need less dose

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
12/31/2023 5:14 p.m.

Jorge123 said:
hello everyone,
Our experience with my daughter is very long to tell, but I recommend, especially in this phase, diet that reduces unnecessary sugars and hydrates (distributed throughout the day) and a lot of sport.Eating fish, meats, vegetables, vegetables is possible if the body is educated.
My daughter, with honeymoon, had an uncontrolled diabetes.Up and down.Crazy.Then, we entered this dynamic and two years after its debut takes 2 of Tresiba (not to lose habit in case) and nothing fast, except if one day you want an ice cream or an extra (very rarely).
I never participated in these debates because and I have had any disappointment, but I am convinced that there are other paths to travel.Although the heroes are the ones who do it (my daughter).
I hope not to bother anyone with my comments.
Greetings and happy year to all

On the contrary, this not only does not bother but it is very useful.Thank you very much for sharing it.We are also in that idea, always consulting our child and with his agreement, because the diabetic is him and we do not want to impose food, but seduce him with rich food.Reducing hydrates, especially rapids, is the key, in diabetics and non -diabetics.There are already shovels of studies that say it, but it is true that socially costs a lot, because in addition, like everyone else, you find yourself (at least I see) with a lotthan enjoy.For me the key at home is that my husband cooks very well and makes many recipes with vegetables and also lean meats that are very good.Of course, it takes time and it is not easy.The easy thing is fast food, and so we are as a society.

madreDMT1's profile photo
madreDMT1
01/01/2024 7:25 p.m.

Madre de adolescente DM1 (nacido en 2008), con DM1 desde 17/11/2023
Abasaglar 19
80-150 Raciones HC/día, dependiendo mucho de los planes y del deporte.
Sensor FreeStyle Libre 3
Madrid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.