{'en': 'Almost without clicking insulin for sport', 'es': 'Casi sin pinchar insulina por el deporte'} Image

Almost without clicking insulin for sport

madreDMT1's profile photo   12/17/2023 11:36 p.m.

Hello, I have a question derived from the experience of these days.

My son is diabetic for a fair month today.

He is very athlete and is 15 years old.

Fixed is called "honeymoon."

Even so, this last week he has resumed the sport he did before he entered him, which includes canoeing (well, Kayak Polo, which is very intense), and go to the gym and run.

Well, we have not only lowered the slow - for the recommendation of the endocrine - but the rapOnly unit at breakfast, taking their breakfast hydrates and then quite before each game.

It carries Free 3 sensor and we are very over with the glucometer.It has only climbed a little today, to 200, but it has immediately dropped again (it has risen when taking some hydrates before the game, and then to the ground).He has not had any hiccups and has been stable.

What do you think?

Is the effect of sport, the honeymoon, both?

Our experience is limited and our very great ignorance yet.

I see some blogs of very extreme athletes that say that better not fast and not hydrates.

We at home is true that we never eat many hydrates, but we do not want to make any extreme diet (Keto and others) but choose ours and eat everything, because the goal is to be happy and comfortable.

Thank you so much!

madreDMT1's profile photo
madreDMT1
12/17/2023 11:36 p.m.

Madre de adolescente DM1 (nacido en 2008), con DM1 desde 17/11/2023
Abasaglar 19
80-150 Raciones HC/día, dependiendo mucho de los planes y del deporte.
Sensor FreeStyle Libre 3
Madrid

During the honeymoon if you do sports you barely need fast;In fact, as you exercise with active insulin (in the rapid action time) you are going to hypo the pull.That was my personal experience.The exercise is what cost me the most regular, it was very complicated.
It seems that you have succeeded with the pattern, it is phenomenal.This is proof and error, ID observing, over time you will have to put quickly even if you exercise, but less than half of what would be put for a sedentary day.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/18/2023 12:01 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Good morning!
I make a lotof the basal as of the rapid.
I am very clear that sport is my best ally, for the powerful long -acting hypoglycemic effect it has.
The days I train, I also get only 1u quickly (having started to get 1-2U less than basal two days before), and breakfast about 35g HC, and during the route I can ingest another 60-80g of HC more, reachingat home and being all afternoon, night and next day eating much more to stop the hypos.
If that adds the "honeymoon", it is almost as if it ceases to be temporarily diabetic

Shark's profile photo
Shark
12/18/2023 1:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Very clear honeymoon.The more it lasts, the better.Little by little you will have to adjust HC and insulin dose, both slow and fast.I encourage that we have all gone through that.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/18/2023 5:08 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

A rookie question.When do you talk about honeymoon only apply it to the DM1 or could it also be applied to DM2?

Thank you

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/18/2023 5:19 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Hello, thank you very much for the answers.This is rehearsal and error, trying to minimize the second.
Crash no idea of ​​whether it applies to type 2 diabetes. I don't see the honeymoon, because the fact of how much insulin is left I do not know if it is not even observable.This is like a gift that they give us and that one day, we do not know when, it ends.

The good thing about sport is that the endorphins upload you apart.That is, it lowers glucose and you are better.And my question is, shouldn't much more emphasis on consultations?My feeling - from my ignorance - is that sport is treated as something secondary and with prevention (be careful with hypo).But from what I observe from the same sensor it is more important than I already thought.

Thank you again.What a wonder of forum.

madreDMT1
12/18/2023 5:39 p.m.

Abasaglar 19
Sensor FreeStyle Libre 3
Madrid

@Madredmt1 because it depends on the endocrine.They make me a lot of emphasis with the sport and warn me the endocrine that the second day of having done it is when the hypoglycemia will give me.And indeed, it is.

With the honeymoon you have to be careful and almost use insulin;I did not use the first year and a half fast and the slow very few units.Then I needed little by little, and even now I don't use too many.

@Crash The honeymoon is usually for DM1, it is the use of the insulin reserve that remains in the pancreas and that is exhausted little by little;We no longer generate, so what lasts for what little or much was at the time of debut.In my case almost 2 years and after almost 9 years the peptide C is still noticeable, but ridiculous, as 0.35 or so.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/18/2023 7:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Honeymoon is when the pancreas is running out but still works a bit.
If the reason for diabetes is insulin resistance, it is not the case, in that case the pancreas works but insulin does not enter the cells due to resistance, normally caused by fat.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/18/2023 10:03 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Madredmt1 said:
... The good thing about sport is that the endorphins upload you apart.That is, it lowers glucose and you are better.And my question is, shouldn't much more emphasis on consultations?My feeling - from my ignorance - is that sport is treated as something secondary and with prevention (be careful with hypo).But from what I observe from the same sensor it is more important than I already thought.

Thank you.I agree with you in that lack of prevention in the SSS and in general in terms of the null protocols that include exercise or the single recommendation of this.Surely there are other countries where this matter is better managed or otherwise since it does not work.In none of those I have lived was better than here.
The fact that the exercise is not recorded or there are no medical protocols that take into account the exercise as a medicine is shameful and a delay.I imagine that they leave him at the patient's discretion and there is the error.Because what it is to me or comment, you already saw the diet that endorsed me the first day and yes, the pills that are not missing.They don't forget that.

Breast of drugs that do generate good benefits for all.What he said a few days ago about pharmacists and "all for pasta."But you do not say it very high that the crossed warriors of the system come and they will tell you that you are an anti -system.Without a doubt, sometimes it is difficult to have hope in this world in which you have so much vouchers and the neighbor they give.But we are going to make an effort and keep the health and glucose controlled.In order to have a front row in the World Thermonuclear War in Prime Time, if you are subscribed to the cable TV.

Greetings from the Apocalypse & GT; :) Do not take it into account, today I have eaten a lot of broccoli.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/18/2023 10:21 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

@Ruthbia, we agree on many things in this diabets ... the sport and quantity "ridiculous" of peptide c .... I 0.40.Come on, na de na.:)

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/19/2023 12:38 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

From experience with my daughter ... sometimes we establish cause-effect and there may be other reasons behind.The exercise influences, and so much that it influences, but it is possible that without having exercised it would also have had that need for less insulin, or because the basal has to reduce it, or because if body needs less insulin more insulin beyond that it does moreor less sport.

It works to be aware of the hours to which hypoglycemia are usually produced.In the case of my daughter, even if it is without activity, it has dances every day at 11h and at 7pm.And therefore needs a contribution.

It also has seasons that need more insulin and seasons in which you need less with similar activity.

But obviously the intense or prolonged exercise affects.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
12/24/2023 7:15 p.m.

diegoc said:
from experience with my daughter ... sometimes we establish cause-effect and there may be other reasons behind.The exercise influences, and so much that it influences, but it is possible that without having exercised it would also have had that need for less insulin, or because the basal has to reduce it, or because if body needs less insulin more insulin beyond that it does moreor less sport.

It works to be aware of the hours to which hypoglycemia are usually produced.In the case of my daughter, even if it is without activity, it has dances every day at 11h and at 7pm.And therefore needs a contribution.

It also has seasons that need more insulin and seasons in which you need less with similar activity.

But obviously the intense or prolonged exercise affects.

Thank you very much, this is very useful.
We try to be pending, but it is true that it is not always easy, because I also have the feeling that we obsess ourselves, and we obsess him, with the sensor.These days at Christmas they are costing.The exercise lowers more than we thought.But polvorones do strange things.They give up later, anyway.It is true that Christmas is exceptional, but since we catch new we understand even less.

madreDMT1
12/25/2023 9:39 p.m.

Abasaglar 19
Sensor FreeStyle Libre 3
Madrid

Of course, the polvorones having a lot of fat go up late ...

isabelbota
12/25/2023 10:35 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
of course, is that the polvorones having a lot of fat go up late ...

One of those saved me in one of these that I had evaluations ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
12/26/2023 10:50 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

cgs said:
Isabelbota said:
of course, is that the polvorones when having a lot

One of those saved me in one of these that I had evaluations ...

They endure my entire morning if I am exercising.

isabelbota
12/27/2023 6:51 p.m.

UffI miss the polvorones.It is one of the few sweets that I liked.
Lately I don't know what happens to me, what worked for me before now does not work.I calculate badly and I'm going to hyperglycemia at a rocket rate.
I look like a beginner, one night I spend in 200 without finding out and the next hiccup.Readjusting doses, exercise no longer lowers glycemia, I am very lost.
I suppose they are Christmas excesses, which I have believed that I could handle larger amounts of habitual hydrates playing with insulin doses and it will not be.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/27/2023 11:51 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
uff.I miss the polvorones.It is one of the few sweets that I liked.
Lately I don't know what happens to me, what worked for me before now does not work.I calculate badly and I'm going to hyperglycemia at a rocket rate.
I look like a beginner, one night I spend in 200 without finding out and the next hiccup.Readjusting doses, exercise no longer lowers glycemia, I am very lost.
I suppose they are Christmas excesses, which I have believed that I could handle larger amounts of habitual hydrates playing with insulin doses and it will not be.

It happens to me, I know that I had been going to the gym for a few days with this party and with less physical activity of the usual, but on Tuesday I returned to my routine and especially at night, I am not able to be stable, fromOf the 2 or so it begins to climb without knowing why (this happens to me already Tpo but not so pronounced).Last night I had dinner at 9 a vegetable tortilla and a little dirt, I did not eat or dessert, I went to bed at 23.30 with 70 and at 5 q they are now goes for 150 and going up, at 7 in the afternoon I had played sports, just likeYesterday and before yesterday ...
I use threeiba, I have tried to change the time, leave it in two (I need more at night than in the morning), up dose, I'm fine days and then pass again.
I don't know if trying toujeo ...

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/28/2023 4:48 a.m.

Well, in my case, I am much more stable at night and without the alba effect, since I am tired of getting up high gluco I tried to wear the slow threeiva twice.Half when lifting and the other half at 12 hours or so.It has worked for me, for now much more stable.Although you already know that each body is a world

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/28/2023 9:15 a.m.

wave said:
because in my case, I am much more stable at night and without the alba effect, since I am tired of getting elevated gluco I tried to put on the slow threeiva twice.Half when lifting and the other half at 12 hours or so.It has worked for me, for now much more stable.Although you already know that each body is a world

What hours do you put on the threeiba?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/28/2023 12:05 p.m.

I put threeiba at 8pm and it is weird the night that I do not end in hypoglycemia between 6 and 8h in the morning.I keep going down the dose, I am already in 16 units, and nothing, I always end up low at dawn.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
12/28/2023 12:41 p.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.