{'en': 'Diabetes nonsense anthology', 'es': 'Antología del disparate en diabetes'} Image

Diabetes nonsense anthology

Ensalada's profile photo   10/04/2023 11:02 p.m.

I open this thread to share "absurdities" that are recommended to diabetics.
This is good:

The Source:
Link ;S=19

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/04/2023 11:02 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

It seems to me a meter table, normal.

You are not going to eat only vegetables and salad.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/04/2023 11:17 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

The cereals, biscotes, María, pasta cookies, the fruit rice ...
The fruit rises a lot, which is good, okay, but 3 times a day is a barbarity.I can only take it when I am low, because compensating with insulin is very difficult for me, it goes up very fast and low very fast.
Cereals, biscots and cookies, well, well, they don't come to us.
And with Sunday dinner ... I end in emergencies 😂😂😂
Fideuá, bread and watermelon gazpacho, what a pump ...
The same is doing well, that diet puts me glyc in the clouds ...
@Sherpa41
It's not just eating vegetables, I give my lusts, but not every day, that diet is excessive to me.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/04/2023 11:54 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

It seems even too restrictive.All skimmed, all light or integral, a lot of fish and vegetables.Almost everything steamed ... in my life I have eaten anything steamed !!

Didn't they say that type1 could eat practically the same as normal people, as long as insulin well adjust?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/05/2023 12:07 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

That is the diet they gave 30 years ago to type 1 with insulin NPH.It had to take mid -morning, snack and recento, to avoid hypoglycemia.
I suppose they will have updated it, because with the current plain insulins they suppose extra punctures every time it eats ..
That is why in children they are putting so many bombs, which will end up being the most practical treatment in type1.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/05/2023 3:37 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Indeed.They have updated it
Link
They continue advising 5 meals.At least the snack are now nuts.
They continue including 1 sad egg a week
Bread in all meals
Tutiplén cookies.They do not contribute anything good: fats of poor quality, sweeteners and refined flour
They finally introduce olive oil, less bad, although they do not specify that it is extra virgin.
The skim products, why?
In general, it is an HC -based diet, which is what diabetics we handle bad and restrictive fat.
It is not recommended by chorizo ​​or torreznos, but do not include cheeses, that there are a little avocado in a single meal of the week and a miserable egg, please!
And fruit, a lot of fruit without discriminating bananas, custard apple, grapes, which are a glycemic pump.
It seems to me a nonsense.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/05/2023 9:39 a.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Of the authors of "Diabetes Diet"
Now comes, how to trace hypoglycemia

Hypoglycemia
One of the most frequent complications of diabetes is hypoglycemia, a decrease in blood glucose levels below normal.It can occur for different causes, for example, suppression of some food, change in medication, excess exercise, inappropriate control, etc.Characteristic symptoms are sweat, paleness, weakness, headache, hunger and fatigue.The treatment requires an immediate action, consisting of rapid glucose or sucrose administration, in sugar, honey, sugary sodas, natural juices ... after a few minutes a food rich in complex carbohydrates must be taken, such as a slice ofbread or cookies.

Or they have actions in Fontaneda or I do not explain the insistence that we eat "cookies."
Attention that does not indicate the grams recommended anywhere

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/05/2023 9:45 a.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

And what do you tell me about the ads in some Internet pages that with infusions I do not know that "Mejunje" of cinnamon and lemon cures the type I diabetes?
Because it makes me laugh, but also anger.
We are diabetic others because we want ... we bore ourselves, basically ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/05/2023 9:50 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

sherpa41 said:
It seems even too restrictive.All skimmed, all light or integral, a lot of fish and vegetables.Almost everything steamed ... in my life I have eaten anything steamed !!

Didn't they say that type1 could eat practically the same as normal people, as long as insulin adjust?

That is a lie if you want to carry good control, the exogenous insulin does not go as well as the first phase that is faster in Endogena insulin.
That is why you have to help with low glycemic food.I don't agree with that food plan either

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/05/2023 10:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

salad said:
effectively.They have updated it
Link
They continue advising 5 meals.At least the snack are now nuts.
They continue including 1 sad egg a week
Bread in all meals
Tutiplén cookies.They do not contribute anything good: fats of poor quality, sweeteners and refined flour
They finally introduce olive oil, less bad, although they do not specify that it is extra virgin.
The skim products, why?
In general, it is an HC -based diet, which is what diabetics we handle bad and restrictive fat.
It is not recommended by chorizo ​​or torreznos, but do not include cheeses, that there are a little avocado in a single meal of the week and a miserable egg, please!
And fruit, a lot of fruit without discriminating bananas, custard apple, grapes, which are a glycemic pump.
It seems to me a nonsense.

The skimmed products is because of the subject of limiting the intake of saturated fats.Currently, long evolution diabetics require us to have low cholesterol levels to avoid cardiovascular complications.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
10/05/2023 1:39 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Nutrition is not an exact science, it is constantly evolving.
I personally believe that you have to take the most natural foods as possible, the less processed, the better.And skimmed products have suffered several processes: they first take away their cream, secondly they add the vitamins that were in the cream and third add binder so that they do not look like Aguachirs.
Do you want to drink lower milk?Take whole milk, if possible ecological so that the cream produced by that cow exposed to the sun and pastures is very rich in omega 3 and in vitamins and reverie it with water.Or better, take a smaller portion.
With your right hand, the skimmed dairy recommended to reduce your grease intake and with your left hand you get around the blissful cookies that have junk fats (palm, seeds) and those that are expendable and harmful.
I leave here an article about the dairy, whose authorship seems solvent

Link Content, fat%20de%20la%20leche%20Cruda.

In this line there are many professionals today, that the nutritional recommendations of the traditional feeding pyramid are questioned.In this video they compare several "built" pyramids in different countries.

Link

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/05/2023 2:34 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

regina said:
That is the diet they gave 30 years ago to type 1 with insulin NPH.It had to take mid -morning, snack and recento, to avoid hypoglycemia.
I suppose they will have updated it, because with the current plain insulins they suppose extra punctures every time it eats ..
That is why in children they are putting so many bombs, which will end up being the most practical treatment in type1.

The diets of 30-40 years ago, and I tell you for my own experience, they were more restrictive in terms of calories about about 1200-1500 for an 11-year-old kid, but I didn't have so much HC since bread, rice, pasta, it was very measured, the diet was basically based on vegetables, iron fish and roasted meat.This diet 51% are HC, in my opinion it is a nonsense, it is the HC what we have to control, I do not say it but adjust it to our activity and how our body assimilates it.

Salvasan's profile photo
Salvasan
10/06/2023 1:23 p.m.

Although today we have better insulins, I think the same: they are a lot of HC.I don't like ever so many and, if I did, I would have to get more insulin and I don't know if I would control glycemia.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
10/06/2023 1:51 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

salad said:
I open this thread to share "absurdities" that diabetics are recommended.
This is good:

The Source:
Link

Still with 5 meals a day?Nor what we were infants ... Thus the organism does not have time to refurecookies, biscottes and other guards.It is that even for an uncle who is healthy as an apple serves.Follow the oldest and rational trends in food, which have already been discarded decades ago.

uma's profile photo
uma
10/08/2023 6:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

Bread and cookies in all meals.If a edge of bread puts me more than three hundred all afternoon.It is what I avoid most: bread, pasta, potatoes, cereals and beer.

baskerbill's profile photo
baskerbill
10/09/2023 10:45 a.m.

I eat and I drink from everything (in moderation) and after 42 years insulinating, I'm fine (A1c: 7 %).
Each one hangs with the rope that likes the most and the neurotics choose the most "scratch".

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
10/15/2023 6:15 p.m.

A new nonsense chapter;Clinical waste of diabetic.

In the health center they provided me with a boat for the lancets, reactive strips and used needles.I was depositing them in him and, when he was filled, he took him to the health center and replenished.

This week I have gone with my boat, in a citizen plan aware of the environment and I find that they do not take it.Then I ask: What do I do with it?Where do you throw it?

And they answer me:

At the clean point, no.They do not admit such waste.

In the pharmacy no.Although they tell me that there are some indeterminate, random and clandestine pharmacies that do so, but they cannot tell me which ones, because they do not know.

So what should I do?The administrative who attended me was until disturbed by the solution I was going to offer me.He told me that he was so absurd, that he called the Ministry of Health of the Community to confirm that he should give that instruction to the patients.

And the solution is ...... Tatatachán !!!

Take out the shit that you have put in the boat the last three months and take them to the organic garbage container or remains.

Comorrrr?Are you really suggesting that I do that?

Well yes.With two balls.

A V E R: What heads govern us ????

Health centers generate biological waste that undergoes a special protocol for destruction, what work is it difficult for them to add an adequate treatment?If it is to save the little boat, it doesn't matter, I take it in a glass jar and voila!

Then the nurse told me that they were "studying" enabling a container to throw our shit there, but that there was still no decision.

I went home with my little boat and I will wait for a prudential time (until I return by sensors) and, if then they have not yet solved the subject I will throw it into normal trash with all the pain of my heart and pray so that no one is damaged withThe needles.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
11/26/2023 12:16 a.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

This is a great thread!Tomorrow I write my 1500 kcal diet to see what you think.Because I have given me a diet of those calories but not especially aimed at diabetics.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/26/2023 12:24 a.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

salad said:
a new nonsense chapter;Clinical waste of diabetic.

In the health center they provided me with a boat for the lancets, reactive strips and used needles.I was depositing them in him and, when he was filled, he took him to the health center and replenished.

This week I have gone with my boat, in a citizen plan aware of the environment and I find that they do not take it.Then I ask: What do I do with it?Where do you throw it?

And they answer me:

In the pharmacy no.Although they tell me that there are some indeterminate, random and clandestine pharmacies that do so, but they cannot tell me which ones, because they do not know.

So what should I do?The administrative who attended me was until disturbed by the solution I was going to offer me.He told me that he was so absurd, that he called the Ministry of Health of the Community to confirm that he should give that instruction to the patients.

Take out the shit that you have put in the boat the last three months and take them to the organic garbage container or remains.

Well yes.With two balls.

Health centers generate biological waste that undergoes a special protocol for destruction, what work is it difficult for them to add an adequate treatment?If it is to save the little boat, it doesn't matter, I take it in a glass jar and voila!

Then the nurse told me that they were "studying" enabling a container to throw our shit there, but that there was still no decision.

I went home with my little boat and I will wait for a prudential time (until I return by sensors) and, if then they have not yet solved the subject I will throw it into normal trash with all the pain of my heart and pray so that no one is damaged withThe needles.

They told me to throw them into the plastics container 🤡🤡

JRIuris's profile photo
JRIuris
11/26/2023 11:30 a.m.

DT 1 desde septiembre de 2023
Glic a debut: 14.
Glic en 2024: 5,6
Toujeo 16 Uds
Novorapid 3/4/3

salad said:
a new nonsense chapter;Clinical waste of diabetic.

And they answer me:

Well yes.With two balls.

They told me that you throw, lancetas and needles to a boat, that when you fill it, threw it well closed so that no one clicks normally.And I do so, if not, I would have the house full of needles ...
The sensors take them to the clean point (they are electronic devices) and the bolis to the peculia sigre point.
The funny thing is that endo told me that the stack sensors (let's see, carry batteries but are not just batteries, it's like throwing a flashlight into the battery container ...) or ... eye !!!to the plastics ...
I is that Flipo.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/26/2023 4:30 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.