{'en': 'A reasonable question', 'es': 'Una duda razonable'} Image

A reasonable question

Sorprendido's profile photo   10/09/2023 12:26 p.m.

Good morning

I've been with this diabetes for many years, but I still have a doubt.

If we consider a meal, eg.A dinner only with vegetables and proteins, for example.A fish fillet.

Should we also put a quick insulin?

An endocrine once told me that proteins and fats require insulin to be metabolized.

My experience is that if at that dinner, for example, I do not include any carbohydrate, for example.Potatoes, the downturn is assured.

I would be interested in knowing your opinion and/or experience.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
10/09/2023 12:26 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

@Sorprende I understand that you are type 1 diabetic?Yes, what I contemplate are merely the weight of the vegetables to inject myAccompaniment never contemplates them although I know that something goes up, if then I stay a little above the goal I correct and that's it.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
10/09/2023 12:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have only been with the fast one and I do not wear if I do not drink hydrates.It is true that sometimes I have to rectify at the time or two hours after the intake, but they are never uploaded.
I don't know how to act with fats and proteins, so I hope to see what they do and then rectify if necessary.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/09/2023 12:43 p.m.

@Cassie, I am type 1, with many years.Your way of acting is interesting.You contemplate depending on the weight, and I speak of the vegetables, its content in H. of C. never occurred to me.
I am one of those who do not get along very well with the rectifications.If I do not put insulin, after a meal with vegetables and proteins, and I get on, then I cannot consider a corrective dose: it would be safe down.I understand that each one is a world and reacts in a particular way.And what has been said, if I inject with a meal of this type, without hydrates, also lowered.It leaves me more option than including H. de C., even at dinner, with the corresponding dose of insulin.It is only my experience, of course.

Thanks @Cassie, @sandman.

All the best.

Sorprendido
10/09/2023 12:57 p.m.

"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

For such a dinner, understanding that they are vegetables whose amount of hydrates is not significant, I would put 0.5 units of fast.Or I would complete it with a yogurt and put a unit.
If you stay a little high and do not dare to correct, you can take a walk.I understand that after dinner you will not fancy anything to walk, but it is a useful tool to lower the glucose.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/09/2023 1:50 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

When I ceno vegetable (a big bowl) and protein usually puts me 1/2, 1End at most ... and in turn I get off 1und from the basal (I use Isulard twice am day).If not what you say ... insured hypo.And sometimes, not even those ...
But be careful with vegetables ... that some deceive like spinach, or the way of cooking it ... which is perhaps what your endocrine, vegetables and proteins indicated (in general. Any food varies depends on thepreparation and accompaniment).

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/09/2023 2:18 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

surprised said:
good morning

I've been with this diabetes for many years, but I still have a doubt.

If we consider a meal, eg.A dinner only with vegetables and proteins, for example.A fish fillet.

Should we also put a quick insulin?

An endocrine once told me that proteins and fats require insulin to be metabolized.

My experience is that if at that dinner, for example, I do not include any carbohydrate, for example.Potatoes, the downturn is assured.

I would be interested in knowing your opinion and/or experience.

All the best.

@Sorprende: Fats and proteins also rise glycemia but more slowly.
I would get less insulin than usual just after having eaten the dish.Try to calculate if the vegetables reach 1HC and add half or 1 ration of fat/proteins depending on what you have eaten.
You can also put a dose close to the usual to be able to hit a festival eating the richest dessert in the house.
With the sensor you will know if you have succeeded in insulin dose or not.
I am the successful results pointing them and keeping to hit in similar situations.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
10/09/2023 2:39 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

With foros like you we will have to forget the endocrine consultation.@Salad, @silviagrz and @ricki21, you agree on the same idea: less insulin tad, figures even not to handle like the average unit.
I imagine that there will be feathers that dose like this.
Seriously, your comments have given me a vision that I didn't have.Thanks to everyone.

All the best.

Sorprendido
10/09/2023 3:24 p.m.

Goethe

@Sorprendido you have no idea what excites me (yes, excites personal level), when I read a message like yours, it makes all efforts to maintain the forum working (and they are already more than 15 years) ...It is worth the penalty !!!!

Also grateful to @silviagrz and @ricki21: Smile:

fer's profile photo
fer
10/09/2023 3:40 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Sorprende: On the half insulin units you have to talk to the endocrin@ to prescribe an insulin or a device that allows you to inject average units units

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
10/09/2023 4:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Sorprendido, also depends on the previous glycemia you have and the slow one you use ..
But although only cenes vegetables and protein, it can upload you if you don't get fast.
The best thing is that you check it with the sensor and so you know what to do next time, because we are all different in this ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/09/2023 5:04 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Do you understand now about my "surprised" nick?From now on I should call me "pleasantly surprised" and those responsible are all of you, starting with @Fer, which I greatly appreciate the comment I do about my words, and that if I have to continue writing something, I will do it, as long as I continueAt least another fifteen years more moderating this forum, so useful, even more in the times that we have more difficult than ever of medical appointments.
And @ricki21, who has given me an idea for my next visit to the endocrine.To @regina, thanks.

From the land of the olive grove, where we barely have olive because of this tremendous drought ... a forero of the NPH time says goodbye.

Good afternoon.

Sorprendido
10/09/2023 6:11 p.m.

Goethe

@Sortido to me This forum helps me feel less alone ... and although I have been diabetic for 33 years, I have many doubts, what sometimes I have successes?Yes, but also many failures and try little to learn from them ...
New meals always appear, new situations, new insulins ... and we have to go little by little adapting ... You ask what you need!And as in life, of everything, choose the best ... or you are getting an idea for your way of life.

The theme of 0.5unds.I went to the endocrine and he gave me a pen that injects in this way and prescribed the vials.Ask him.It has helped me "refine" with the dose.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/09/2023 6:58 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

fer said:
@surprised you have no idea what excites me (yes, it excites on a personal level), when I read a message like yours, it makes all efforts to maintain the forumworking (and they are already more than 15 years old) ... it is worth it, the penalty !!!!

Also grateful to @silviagrz and @ricki21: Smile:

Well, feel proud because I have learned more from my illness in this forum than with the three endocrine I carry, so thank you Fer for your work and thanks to the foreros who help us by turning their experience and knowledge in this forum and helping every dayTo others

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
10/09/2023 8:50 p.m.

@Fer
You already know that this forum has taught us much more than any doctor to many.It is a great idea to learn and not feel alone.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/09/2023 10:03 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I join the applause to @Fer and this fantastic forum that has accompanied me since my debut and where I have learned many useful things.An applause also to the foreros who, with their participation, keep this alive and vibrant!

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/09/2023 11:59 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I also join this thread to thank @fer for this forum.How much you helped me all when I debuted and my sadness was infinite ... only here I felt really understood.And how much I learned and keep learning!If I can ever help someone, it's the biggest reward :)

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
10/10/2023 9:24 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

@Fer all of you threw me light when I debuted in this ... I did not feel so alone, you gave me good advice, in short you gave me my hand in the distance ... and that is appreciated to the infinity.Therefore, although I still learn, I already know a little more and if from my experience I can help someone, I join @carussa, because here I am willing to continue along with you .... a greeting to this magnificent forum!:*

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
10/10/2023 10:25 a.m.

Do you understand now about my "surprised" nick?From now on I should call me "pleasantly surprised" and those responsible are all of you, starting with @Fer, which I greatly appreciate the comment that makes about my words, and that if I have to continue doing it, writing something, I will do it, with suchthat follow at least another fifteen years more moderating this forum, so useful, even more in the times that we have more difficult than ever of medical appointments.
And @ricki21, who has given me an idea for my next visit to the endocrine.

Sorprendido
10/10/2023 10:45 a.m.

Goethe

@Silviagrz, dropped it.Not only is all we learn in this forum, it is also helping to feel less alone.It is a beautiful idea, which I underline, share and then I have seen have seconded @isabelbota, @carussa and @Cassie.I think that with their comments and those of @diabestico, @ensalada, @regina and @ricki21 send to our moderator @fer the best message of support and stimulus to continue with this task.
To @Fer a lot of encouragement.

Greetings for everyone

Sorprendido
10/10/2023 11:02 a.m.

Goethe

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.