{'en': 'A reasonable question', 'es': 'Una duda razonable'} Image

A reasonable question

Sorprendido's profile photo   10/09/2023 12:26 p.m.

Well, @Sortido is what is called fat protein unit, I add everything because the protein rises a lot and fats the same as if they were hydrates.
When I debuted the nurse that no fats.
There is a calculation method to know how many insulin we put next, which is when they go up.
I do it by eye.I rectify at the time and peak then when I see the arrow with a update.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/11/2023 6:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, I never heard about that unit you are talking about.The truth is that this idea agrees with the words of my endocrine that proteins and fats also need insulin to be metabolized.In any case, I think that many of us have stopped counting rations and units and thanks to the sensor we corrected according to need.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
10/12/2023 10:11 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

@Sorprende: Until a couple of years ago I didn't know anything about the increases in glycemia caused by fats and proteins.
I leave you a link where the subject is explained:
Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
10/12/2023 1:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Link

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/12/2023 4:11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The links that you have given me, both @ricki21 and @ruthbia show the same information: definition of UGP (fat/protein unit), and approximately calculate their equivalence in Kcal., Being 1 UGP = 150 kcal.This requires the same amount of insulin as a ration of H. of C., a unit.
The calculations are a bit prolixed and complicated, to do them continuously.Personally I stay with the H. de C. and the idea of ​​dividing the dose of insulin when I take fat, knowing that they slow down several hours more conversion into glucose.

All the best.

Sorprendido
10/13/2023 1:40 p.m.

"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Yesterday I suffered in my own meats the famous fat-protein unit.
To celebrate the National Festival I prepared Spanish omelette, I ate a generous ration and I had to correct twice throughout the afternoon.Something would cross in my digestion, because at dinner time I had the feeling that the tortilla had not yet abandoned the stomach.
Calculating the calories of a protein and fat plate is already for note and if, on top of that you have to divide in comfortable installments, I am left with what @Sorprendido says.I calculate the HC and I stay "to the parrot" of what happens later with the blood glucose and I will be corrected.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/13/2023 1:48 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

That has ever happened to me: a meal that for whatever does not feel good and keeps the sugar high a long time.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
10/13/2023 2:34 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

The national holiday, not only deserves a potato omelette, but also a good ration of it.I agree with @ensalada, it is quite a lot to calculate the HC, and approximately, as if to get into other complications.In our favor the continuous measurement sensors.The best invention in decades.
There is no doubt that each of us, every DB, is different, or at least has its peculiarities.Know them and act accordingly, task of us every day.And delay in the assimilation of fats seems to be a common denominator in almost all of us, which requires trying to prolong the action of insulin.
Sensation of heaviness, not to sit well, as @carussa says, it is common in us especially with the topic fat.
Sites such as this forum write daily the best diabetes manual, that of walking around the house, which does not understand technicalities, but that nevertheless are the most effective in our daily struggle.
It is not the first DB forum that I frequent, but if it is the most interesting and where the comments of the foreros turn in a very serious and documented way everything that happens to us daily.

Thanks to all those who contribute to it.

All the best.

Sorprendido
10/13/2023 3:17 p.m.

Goethe

It also depends a lot on the slow one used.The flattest insulins such as Toujeo or Tresiba, accuse long digestions, do not assimilate hydrates when the rapid stops acting.
Before the slow ones were more active, but there was also more risk of hypoglycemia.
So the food must be adapted to what our insulin can do ... and use quickly on demand ..
The autonomous bombs will help.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/13/2023 7:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The problem that I find, is that when the bolus calculates, if it is a meal with a lot of fat (for example pizza) the insulin bolus makes me lower the blood glucose and then recover at quite high levels.Therefore I reduce the dose and at 3-4 the increase in fat glucose is consistent.

jubano's profile photo
jubano
10/30/2023 8:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@jubano, what you tell is on the same line of what was said by other foreros.It seems that fat -rich meals slow the degradation of H. de C., (first drop in glycemia after the insulin bolus), increasing several hours later glycemia, which leads us to compensate with a new dose.It seems to be the most appropriate strategy for this type of nutrients.

All the best.

Sorprendido
11/03/2023 7:54 p.m.

Goethe

surprised said:
@silviagrz, dropped it.Not only is all we learn in this forum, it is also helping to feel less alone.It is a beautiful idea, which I underline, share and then I have seen have seconded @isabelbota, @carussa and @Cassie.I think that with their comments and those of @diabestico, @ensalada, @regina and @ricki21 send to our moderator @fer the best message of support and stimulus to continue with this task.
To @Fer a lot of encouragement.

Greetings for everyone

You do not get an idea of ​​what this forum helps.Not to feel alone.And, in my case, to accept that the DM1 has come to stay but not for that reason my teenage son will stop doing whatever he wants.Thanks a lot

madreDMT1's profile photo
madreDMT1
12/14/2023 12:26 a.m.

Madre de adolescente DM1 (nacido en 2008), con DM1 desde 17/11/2023
Abasaglar 19
80-150 Raciones HC/día, dependiendo mucho de los planes y del deporte.
Sensor FreeStyle Libre 3
Madrid

@Madredmt1, I always said that in the debut of diabetes the assistance of an endocrine as a psychologist is as important.But let's not be illusory, if it is increasingly complicated to achieve endocrine assistance, let's not say that of a psychologist.We have the latter in good dose in this forum, which is why we recognize us so much use: it gives us great emotional support by not feeling alone.

Greetings.

Sorprendido
12/14/2023 12:32 p.m.

Goethe

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.