{'en': 'Statins and diabetes', 'es': 'Estatinas y diabetes'} Image

Statins and diabetes

fosforero's profile photo   05/14/2023 10:50 p.m.

surprised said:
good morning
Yesterday, to my header, reviewing the last analytics, I asked him for a parameter the creatincinase that had left me very high, 317.04 u/i.He told me that it was a consequence of the statins.I am currently taking 10 mg provision, on the recommendation of the endocrine, to keep the LDL figures below 100. He told me that what they were causing me was the destruction of the muscle, and asked me if I had muscle pains.I told him that something had, but I don't know if it was attributable to that.He told me to suspend his shot for several months, to see the possible cause/effect relationship.
I ask you.Has Aguien had a similar experience?

Greetings.

Statins have side effects such as all medications, the most frequent are the increase in liver transaminases and muscle pains.In the first case, supposedly until the normal transaminase figure is folded, it is not necessary to suspend it, in the second case, it is usually not reached to muscle destruction but there are cases of myopathy with very high CPK in the analytics.In those cases of course you have to suspend it.
My personal opinion is that you have to value statins very much, really see risk and genetic factors.
Cardiovascular risk is almost always in hyperglycemia, glycemic variability and not by cholesterol.There is a minimum percentage in which there is a family hypercholesterolemia, in which it would take treatment.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/24/2023 12:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning.
Thank you, @meginer, for your comment.I see it very professional and rigorous.In the end, and until I have the opportunity to see my endocrine again, I have decided to throw down the street: half of the dose.With an average glycosylated 6.5 % in the last three analytics, and LDL figures always below 70 mg/dl, I think you have to weigh the use of statins a lot, as Meginer says.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
06/24/2023 11:06 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Ufff, often Temazo.You really don't get an idea of ​​how much I'm glad I found the forum.That the great pharmaceuticals move for money I think it is something that nobody has doubts, and more after seeing the last scandals of the Oxicontin, or that of John Kapoor's fentanyl.

I take good note of all the comments since I have been taking Simvastatin for some months and coincidentally a few months later they diagnose DM2.Eye, I do not say that this is the guilt of the medication, there is no doubt that it is because of my bad habits and others.But it is amazing to prescribe a medicine that has these side effects.Of which my doctor told me absolutely anything.

Being healthy is priceless.In fact I recently read something that was sarcastically funny "to avoid diabetes feed yourself as if you were diabetic."

Clearly in the near future I will do a test with the Coenzyme Q10 as @gonz has commented although I will do it with medical supervision.

Thanks for being there.

P.D: Sorry that I am so active but I am reading the whole forum.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/25/2023 9:34 a.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

@Crash: I attach a photo of the Simvastatin Prospect. Without comments ... Link "Style =" Max-Width: 300px;

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/25/2023 6:05 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

A diabetic to have less than 100 of Lidl ... The long -term problems of diabetes come due to circulatory problems.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
11/25/2023 6:58 p.m.

juansolo said:
a diabetic of having less than 100 LDL ... the long -term problems of diabetes come due to circulatory problems.

But those circulatory problems as you say, as well as all cardiovascular problems, are not due to cholesterol itself but by sugar peaks and hyperglycemia.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/25/2023 8:24 p.m.

My mother has been with cholesterol and simvastatin pills for 40 years since it came out, neither diabetes nor anything.Only dementia.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/25/2023 8:47 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

RUTHBIA said:
My mother has been with pills for cholesterol and simvastatin since it came out, neither diabetes nor anything.Only dementia.

My mother, Ruthbia.Only dementia?Do you attribute it to statin?Between diabetes and dementia, I stay as I am.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
11/25/2023 11:02 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Mental illnesses give me dread and if we are going to dementia it is to climb three steps.You have to make a job and do the job because if not brave future.The problem, at least mine, is that when they give me the news of the diagnosis I get a bit and that intrinsic fear should be present in my day to day but I do not know if it is for pure neglect or that is that I am an imprudentBut that feeling lasts little.I would need that in the morning someone woke me up with a good tortazo throughout the jeta and shout me "Espabila Capullo that you have diabetes and how you do not take care of you will live like the ass!"or something similar.I guess that's why I'm so glad to have discovered the forum, I will keep in mind the disease if I am still aware of you.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/26/2023 12:18 a.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

salad said:
ruthbia said:
my mother has been with pills for cholesterol and simvastatin since it came out, neither diabetes nor anything.Only dementia.

My mother, Ruthbia.Only dementia?Do you attribute it to statin?Between diabetes and dementia, I stay as I am.

Puff ... is little by little.Neurologist and little else.There is nothing so that neurons and cognitive abilities are not lost.
It comes from family, all their sisters have the same: cognitive losses and cholesterol.My cousins ​​have inherited the cholesterol and some of their children too.
I only factor V leiden and uterine myomas (I have to operate again for the third time)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/28/2023 8:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
salad said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
my mother takes 40 years with pills for cholesterol andSimvastatin since it came out, neither diabetes nor anything.Only dementia.

Puff ... is little by little.Neurologist and little else.There is nothing so that neurons and cognitive abilities are not lost.
It comes from family, all their sisters have the same: cognitive losses and cholesterol.My cousins ​​have inherited the cholesterol and some of their children too.
I only factor V leiden and uterine myomas (I have to operate again for the third time)

What a backpack!
We have to focus on taking care of ourselves day by day, without putting a lot of focus in the long term, because if not, it is to pull the hair.You have a very good mood, discipline, attitude, I congratulate you.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
11/29/2023 11:35 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.