{'en': 'A patient with type 2 diabetes can drink coconut milk?', 'es': 'Un paciente con Diabetes tipo 2 ¿puede tomar leche de coco?'} Image

A patient with type 2 diabetes can drink coconut milk?

matrix's profile photo   05/19/2023 2:45 a.m.

Hello!

The cow's milk rises glucose, I have heard, but I was wondering if any DB2 here in the forum takes light milk or lavish milk.

Or instead, are they totally forbidden and only take coconut milk or almond?

Thank you!!

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/19/2023 2:45 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Milk contains lactose that is a gluvid, whole milk, semi and skimmed has 5%lactose.
Soja milk has 3% and Light Soya 1.8% HC.
The coconut and almond is a matter of seeing the label, which I have seen have 15-18% HC.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/19/2023 7:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I take almond milk from the mercadona that has zero hydrates.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/19/2023 8:52 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

ruthbia said:
milk contains lactose that is a carb -, whole milk, semi and skimmed has 5%lactose.
The coconut and almond is a matter of seeing the label, which I have seen have 15-18% of HC.

thank you.I read a nutritionist specializing in diabetes that almond milk almost does not have hydrates and is excellent for people with DB2

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/20/2023 8:29 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Isabelbota said:
I take almond milk of the mercadona that has zero hydrates.

Do you sweeten with something?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/20/2023 8:29 a.m.

I have seen almond milk with 18G HC in the super and rice with much more.

Leave the cow's milk by drink, I soy ligth, I got a lot at breakfast

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/20/2023 12:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Is that there are some almonds that I think they have sugar, you have to look to only carry almonds I think

Nila's profile photo
Nila
05/20/2023 1:15 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

It is not almond milk, they are almond drink, they have no more than 3% almonds and the rest are potingues

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
05/20/2023 3:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, well, it is practically water but the infusions are very good in almond drink (I don't like water)

isabelbota
05/20/2023 7:49 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
I take almond milk of the mercadona that has zero hydrates.

Isabelbota@ It seems impossible for me to do without added sugar almonds has 0 HC, it cannot have almonds or have removed the HC, which would have a beastly cost.It must be a mistake.There are no miracles

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
05/21/2023 12:17 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

@fosphorero
It is easy to understand.The drink has 3% almonds, about 3 grams per 100ml, rest practically water.
The almonds have 5 spells of carbohydrates per 100gr, that is to say for a glass of 200 ml of almond drink would be 6gr of almond = 0.3 gr of carbos, that is almost zero, negligible.

isabelbota
05/21/2023 6:13 p.m.

@isabelbota
According to my information easily to contrast by Google, the HC level in 100 g of almonds are 22 g.
Many times in the Super I have had in my hands a almond drink brick, mostly composed of water, and I have always returned it to the shelf for its HC content.I would love not to have a reason to have an alternative to the soy drink, of which I am already very boring.
I always love your active intervention in the forum, where I am learning a lot
Greetings

fosforero
05/21/2023 6:44 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

phosphorero said:
@Isabelbota
According to my information easily to contrast by Google, the HC level in 100 g of almonds are 22 g.
Many times in my hands a almond drink brick, mostly composed of water, and I have always returned it to the shelf for its HC content.I would love not to have a reason to have an alternative to the soy drink, of which I am already very boring.
Greetings

I am sorry to take the opposite but with respect to the almond hydrates you are wrong not all Google info is true, you have to look at reliable sites.They are about 5, I buy them as always, I buy ground almond for cakes and they are 5/6 gr of hydrates, so the pastry with almond flour almost does not rise.
Almond drinks you've seen with hydrates is because they are sweetened.This is zero, without sweeteners and that is why it does not have almost carbos (less than 1gr per ml).
Of course, it is an alternative to the boring soy drink, I assure you that it does not rise, the water does not rise and is almost water.(I have a sensor, it is proven)

Note: The beer seen is for guests 😄😄😄
(It has no merit, I don't like beer)

isabelbota
05/21/2023 7:29 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
phosphorero said:
@isabelbota
Many times in my hands a almond drink brick, mostly composed of water, and I have always returned it to the shelf for its HC content.I would love not to have a reason to have an alternative to the soy drink, of which I am already very boring.
Greetings

I am sorry to take the opposite but with respect to the almond hydrates you are wrong not all Google info is true, you have to look at reliable sites.They are about 5, I buy them as always, I buy ground almond for cakes and they are 5/6 gr of hydrates, so the pastry with almond flour almost does not rise.
Almond drinks you've seen with hydrates is because they are sweetened.This is zero, without sweeteners and that is why it does not have almost carbos (less than 1gr per ml).
Of course, it is an alternative to the boring soy drink, I assure you that it does not rise, the water does not rise and is almost water.(I have a sensor, it is proven)

Note: The beer seen is for guests 😄😄😄
(It has no merit, I don't like beer)

Thank you for your clarification, I rejected me from Google data, but not one but several.The Brick that I have not bought in the Super to see the level of HC had no sugars or sweeteners added, specifically it was in Lidl, and the value of HC was much higher than that of the soy drink.I will look at him again when I return because I am very bored of the soybean drink and I am looking for alternatives.
Greetings

fosforero
05/21/2023 7:38 p.m.

@isabelbota, if you carry a sensor and you have checked it, I already have it clear, that does not fail.Thanks for all the information provided!

fosforero
05/21/2023 7:42 p.m.

@fosphorero
You are welcome.Here we are to learn and share experiences.But that I mean the Zero of Mercadona (and I do not take commission 😜), that is the proven.

isabelbota
05/21/2023 7:47 p.m.

ruthbia said:
milk contains lactose that is a carb -, whole milk, semi and skimmed has 5%lactose.
The coconut and almond is a matter of seeing the label, which I have seen have 15-18% of HC.

Hello!Thanks for the comments.
Today I bought a coconut milk "to try."How do you see this nutritional table?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/21/2023 8:12 p.m.

diabetic said:
is not almond milk, they are almond drink, they do not have more than 3% almonds and the rest are potingues

"Coconut milk", "almond milk" ... according to AI, it is called milk by consistency, which is similar to milk ... but logical ... It is not milk ... :) :)

"The term" almond milk "is used colloquially to refer to a non -dairy drink from crushed almonds and water. Although it is called" milk ", technically does not meet the traditional definition of milk, which comes frommammals and contains specific nutrients.

The use of the term "milk" to name non -dairy products has generated some controversy and debate, since it is argued that it can be misleading for consumers.Some people believe that the use of the term "milk" should be restricted only to dairy products derived from animals.

However, it is important to highlight that the term "milk" has been used historically to describe liquids obtained from plant sources other than animal milk.For example, "coconut milk" or "soy milk" are also called that way, even if they are not dairy. "

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/21/2023 8:15 p.m.

Here in Spain those "milks" denominations are prohibited, and I think that in Europe too, so in the cartons you read drink of ... as for the one you have put, read the ingredients and then tell us

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
05/21/2023 8:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

matrix said:
ruthbia said:
milk contains lactose that is a carbohydrate, whole milk, semi and skimmed has 5%lactose.

Hello!Thanks for the comments.
Today I bought a coconut milk "to try."How do you see this nutritional table?

A non -full glass is usually 200 ml, so it will have about 2g of hydrates, as a half territy of sugar.I think you can take it without problem.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/21/2023 8:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.