{'en': 'What breakfast before going to work?', 'es': '¿Qué desayunáis antes de ir a trabajar?'} Image

What breakfast before going to work?

JuanjoDF's profile photo   10/23/2023 9:41 a.m.

@Estherilla: If you stay high at 2 hours after having eaten, you have to upload the fast and lower it if you enter hicc as a short time (at the time or hour and a half).If at 2 hours you are fine, continue with that dose of insulin.Wait two or three days to see if the rise or decrease pattern is repeated before changing the dose.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
10/28/2023 10:54 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Estherilla, the fiasp can do well, it is faster and somewhat shorter.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/28/2023 11:09 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, in my case, it depends on what I am going to move and if I get up early or not, I put the amount of insulin of breakfast.I explain myself.If it's weekend and I'm going to be at home in the sofa I wear a lot of insulin.But if I'm going to do home homework after breakfast I have to trim if I don't want to go to Hip.Then, during the week, there are less hours of sleep and stress when waking, the resistance of the body to insulin is much greater and you have to put more quantity.All this based on trial and error.And that is not able to predict it or the best closed handle system in the world haha.

etogonza's profile photo
etogonza
10/29/2023 1:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It depends on how this day is planned (efforts, workload ....) The same a Cao tail and 15/20 cookies, than a coffee and a cupcake or a toast of oil and salt and a juice, or a pairSOBADOS PASIEGOS WITH ONE ......
Everything is a matter of knowing, calculating HC and providing effort to be made later.That then not planned things come out, it is corrected with guideline and to continue.
What I do not usually do is lunch at mid -morning, because due to my work, I do not know when it can be, so depending on efforts/work forecast, I prepare breakfast.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
10/30/2023 8:25 p.m.

moñiño said:
I depend on how it is planned the day (efforts, workload ....) The same a Cao tail and 15/20 cookies, than a coffee and a Magdalena or Magdalena ora toast of oil and salt and a juice, or a couple of overdrawn pasiegos with one ......
Everything is a matter of knowing, calculating HC and providing effort to be made later.That then not planned things come out, it is corrected with guideline and to continue.
What I do not usually do is lunch at mid -morning, because due to my work, I do not know when it can be, so depending on efforts/work forecast, I prepare breakfast.

My mother, do you have breakfast?
Don't give you a huge climb after breakfast?If not, you are very lucky ...

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/31/2023 12:05 p.m.

Juanjodf said:
well, what breakfast before going to work?

I would like to know if it is a breakfast that keeps sugar (and hunger, je, je) at bay until eating, better than better.

I breakfast coffee with milk and six maria cookies (landowner) with Margarina, but I notice that I get more than desired, so I open this thread.

Salu2

miguelnibardo's profile photo
miguelnibardo
11/02/2023 8:36 p.m.

Hi Juanjo:
The ideal breakfast in diabetes is a dairy that can be a glass of skim milk or yogurt plus a complex carbohydrate that can be a portion of bread or four salt cookies.You can add a protein, this will give you greater feeling of satiety during the day until lunchtime.What you should not do is add some kind of fat such as margarine, butter or mayonnaise, because this will undoubtedly increase blood glucose levels.Try to eliminate these fats and you will see how improvements.Fats produce resistance to insulin action.Greetings.

miguelnibardo's profile photo
miguelnibardo
11/02/2023 8:42 p.m.

Miguelnibardo said:
Hello Juanjo:
The ideal breakfast in diabetes is a dairy that can be a glass of skim milk or yogurt plus a complex carbohydrate that can be a portion of bread or four salt cookies.You can add a protein, this will give you greater feeling of satiety during the day until lunchtime.What you should not do is add some kind of fat such as margarine, butter or mayonnaise, because this will undoubtedly increase blood glucose levels.Try to eliminate these fats and you will see how improvements.Fats produce resistance to insulin action.Greetings.

I feel not to agree.
The fat that produces insulin resistance is that accumulated in the body around the waist.
Edible fats retard and soften the climb.A piece of bread is only going to climb faster and with more peak than if we take it with oil or butter.At least most people.
I guess you will wear a sensor, @Miguelnibardo.With it the effect of food is proven, including that of fats.
And with him it has been seen that many foods do not behave as doctors believed ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/03/2023 7:20 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello I usually take something before leaving home 7:30I go fasting and I eat a 60g snack of bread with tuna and a coffee with milk and endure until eating time and when I go in the afternoon I eat 4 corn pancakes with philadelphia and jam a coffee with milk and an apple andI put 2ui and mid -morning another coffee with milk.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
11/05/2023 7:15 p.m.

meginer said:
moñiño said:
I depend on how it is planned the day (efforts, workload ....) the same a tail cao caoand 15/20 cookies, that a coffee and a Magdalena or a toast of oil and salt and a juice, or a pair of pasiegos soled with one ......

Doesn't it give you a huge sudden after breakfast?If not, you are very lucky ...

No. It is more, many days, for the activity of my work, at 11:00 I am very low.
I control rations, put bolus and see how the day is given.The problem then working is that I don't know what time I could have lunch, so I prefer to start a little high.Breakfast at 7:30 and at 9 in the morning the same rondo the 250 but at 11:00 and the 80s (depending on the day).
That the activity will not be so much?Corrector bolus at 8:30 and ready.
I do not have 2 days equal, as someone can have in a assembly chain or in an office.It is difficult for me to predict how the day will go.Hence, prefer to start a little high.
It is very nice what they tell you in the consultation.On paper, which endures everything, everything works, but when taking it to normal life ......... the work cannot be stopped because I is high, or low, at certain times, becauseOther partners, the machinery, the same operation depends on everyone.In an ancient work that if he had it already happened to me and how little they look at you badly (telling that then they do not renew you with any cheap excuse, which actually conceals, that the stops cost, that nobody wants to work next to someone who canfaint, etc, etc).This endocrine, many times do not understand.And to give him that I have to adapt to my diabetes, when it must be the opposite.Life imposes and adaptation must be the one.But the first thing is to know each other and know how your body reacts, food, effort, to everything.From there decide.It is my case, and I already tell you that in the end it stays in the bolus ascent by more or less normal digestion (the one that has anyone who eats something) because then even rising the minimum values.
The glycosada, I usually have it between 6.6 and 7.
At any time I put a typical curve of my sensor day, and you will see that so.In fact, during the week, the insulin spending I do is rather quite low.Another thing is the weekend (and of course I notice the change of routines on Saturday and Monday, which I am crazy tighter).

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
11/05/2023 8:34 p.m.

moñiño said:
meginer said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
I depend on how it is planned the day (efforts,workload ....) The same a Cao tail and 15/20 cookies, than a coffee and a Magdalena or a toast of oil and salt and a juice, or a couple of sobads pasiegos with only one ......

Doesn't it give you a huge sudden after breakfast?If not, you are very lucky ...

I control rations, put bolus and see how the day is given.The problem then working is that I don't know what time I could have lunch, so I prefer to start a little high.Breakfast at 7:30 and at 9 in the morning the same rondo the 250 but at 11:00 and the 80s (depending on the day).
I do not have 2 days equal, as someone can have in a assembly chain or in an office.It is difficult for me to predict how the day will go.Hence, prefer to start a little high.
It is very nice what they tell you in the consultation.On paper, which endures everything, everything works, but when taking it to normal life ......... the work cannot be stopped because I is high, or low, at certain times, becauseOther partners, the machinery, the same operation depends on everyone.In an ancient work that if he had it already happened to me and how little they look at you badly (telling that then they do not renew you with any cheap excuse, which actually conceals, that the stops cost, that nobody wants to work next to someone who canfaint, etc, etc).This endocrine, many times do not understand.And to give him that I have to adapt to my diabetes, when it must be the opposite.Life imposes and adaptation must be the one.But the first thing is to know each other and know how your body reacts, food, effort, to everything.From there decide.It is my case, and I already tell you that in the end it stays in the bolus ascent by more or less normal digestion (the one that has anyone who eats something) because then even rising the minimum values.
At any time I put a typical curve of my sensor day, and you will see that so.In fact, during the week, the insulin spending I do is rather quite low.Another thing is the weekend (and of course I notice the change of routines on Saturday and Monday, that I am crazy tin).

In my opinion there are many hydrates for breakfast, which is when there is more resistance, that is why you have to eat little, you can eat more protein and healthy fats and fill you more, and get less insulin so that it does not get off.
That 6.6-7 gyzada for me is high, especially that of 7. Surely they have to see those peaks of more than 200 after breakfast.
But each one is known and is very free, but I give you my opinion and I think there are many HC.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/05/2023 8:58 p.m.

@Rithbia, if your resistència is brutal, I don't explain mine in the morning.

Miguelnibardo said:
Hello Juanjo:

I don't agree either.Fats such as matequilla carry zero HC with what glycemia will not rise.In the long term, fatty acids can be combined in glucose but it will take so long that your blood glucose will hardly resent.On the other hand, the existence of fats in food causes a delay the absorption of HC with what can moderate the postprandial peak.The inconvenience of fats, as is evident, is the great caloric contribution that they suppose but not the immediate repercussion on blood glucose.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/08/2023 5:54 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

ignasi_p said:
@ri riShbia, if your resistència is brutal, I do not explain mine in the morning.
Miguelnibardo said:
Hello Juanjo:

I don't agree either.Fats such as matequilla carry zero HC with what glycemia will not rise.In the long term, fatty acids can be combined in glucose but it will take so long that your blood glucose will hardly resent.On the other hand, the existence of fats in food causes a delay the absorption of HC with what can moderate the postprandial peak.The inconvenience of fats, as is evident, is the great caloric contribution that they suppose but not the immediate impact on blood glucose.

Now I see the 6 Maria cookies.Juanjo, no matter how far the cookies are, I would think about it.There are healthier and more adequate breakfasts for the control of diabetes than that.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/08/2023 6 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Mine:

As soon as I get up (6:00):
- 60 grams of integral oat flakes
- Disadvantic yogurt
- 6 strawberries
- 1/2 Platano

Mid -morning (11:00):
- Centeno bread with turkey and cheese

And with that I endure until noon.

idirak's profile photo
idirak
11/10/2023 12:46 p.m.

meginer said:
moñiño said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
I depend on how this day is planned (efforts, workload ...A pair of solews with one ......

At any time I put a typical curve of my sensor day, and you will see that so.In fact, during the week, the insulin spending I do is rather quite low.Another thing is the weekend (and of course I notice the change of routines on Saturday and Monday, that I am crazy tin).

In my opinion there are many hydrates for breakfast, which is when there is more resistance, that is why you have to eat little, you can eat more protein and healthy fats and fill you more, and get less insulin so that it does not get off.
That 6.6-7 gyzada for me is high, especially that of 7. Surely they have to see those peaks of more than 200 after breakfast.
But each one is known and is very free, but I give you my opinion and I think there are many HC.

It can be, but I am doing so.There are foods to fill me, but low.Lowering the dose is a drama.In the morning and work, barely spending 3 units.Of course, if under a little, to 2 for example, triggered all morning (the most common; and even if it moves), even if I ate anything.You remind me of endocrine.It sounds good, but the reality is another.I've thrown myself eating all morning without tracing and with the pump stop more than once.Without going from 55.
I tried not injected.Upon that did not go down.To fast with a stop pump.Equal.To eat this to that ..... little result or bad.
Also as I say.I have a job and leave me the times that leaves me to have lunch or whatever (how lucky mine, that in addition to diabtes that needs calm and more or less schedules and routines, I do not have fixed schedules or fixed routines, even ofOne day to another, an office or production personnel in a factory to which a siren tells you to eat.On paper is very good, but I was not renewed a contract (as an extraly official partner told me) due to diabetes (stops to eat every two by three, machine beeps that bother and make those who are at my alpr., they worry to the point of better not work with me, I do not spend something with them next to them; nobody wants that brown ....... all this for me is healthI have heating, cold diseases, .............. Yes, what you say is like the endocrine.life.
In fact for these things and what they entail and with doctors from the doctors, I went to see if I could claim or at least have a degree of disability.There they told me I was capable.Of nanai disability.So adapt and live.VI, that I am diabetic for them, as they are interested (such as changing one day without more the bomb, which best adapted. NO, without further ado. They changed the contract to another supplier and you have to give their products,They are worth more or less than those we already had;
PS: The breakfast climb, the day I am "luck" at most lasts for an hour and a half long.The rest of the day, or at least in the morning, the bomb barely injected me insulin.Not necessary.So I go in values ​​about 80/90.On a normal average day.There are, after all, and for this, corrective bowling or intakes according to those days that come out of the most common.Salu2

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
11/12/2023 11:56 p.m.

Hello good!
I breakfast at 07:30 a large glass of lactose milk with 2 tablespoons of cereals (barley, rye and achicoria with magnesium) and a tablespoon of stevia, in addition to a large toast of bread with butter and sugarless jam.
At 10:30 lunch a whole bread sandwich with turkey, ham, serrano ham, loin, ... whatever, but protein.
And around 13:00 as a piece of fruit or some nuts (anacardos, almonds, peanuts, ...) to be able to get until 15:00 that is when.

Shark's profile photo
Shark
11/13/2023 11:36 a.m.

moñiño said:
meginer said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
I depend on how it is planned the day (efforts, workload ...) the same a Cao tail and 15/20 cookies, than a coffee and aMagdalena or a toast of oil and salt and a juice, or a couple of sobads pasiegos with one ......

It can be, but I am doing so.There are foods to fill me, but low.Lowering the dose is a drama.In the morning and work, barely spending 3 units.Of course, if under a little, to 2 for example, triggered all morning (the most common; and even if it moves), even if I ate anything.MeYou remember the endocrine. On paper sounds good, but the reality is another.I've thrown myself eating all morning without tracing and with the pump stop more than once.Without going from 55.
I tried not injected.Upon that did not go down.To fast with a stop pump.Equal.To eat this to that ..... little result or bad.
Also as I say.I have a job and leave me the times that leaves me to have lunch or whatever (how lucky mine, that in addition to diabtes that needs calm and more or less schedules and routines, I do not have fixed schedules or fixed routines, even ofOne day to another, an office or production personnel in a factory to which a siren tells you to eat.On paper is very good, but I was not renewed a contract (as an extraly official partner told me) due to diabetes (stops to eat every two by three, machine beeps that bother and make those who are at my alpr., they worry to the point of better not work with me, I do not spend something with them next to them; nobody wants that brown ....... all this for me is healthI have heating, cold diseases, .............. Yes, what you say is like the endocrine.life.
In fact for these things and what they entail and with doctors from the doctors, I went to see if I could claim or at least have a degree of disability.There they told me I was capable.Of nanai disability.So adapt and live.VI, that I am diabetic for them, as they are interested (such as changing one day without more the bomb, which best adapted. NO, without further ado. They changed the contract to another supplier and you have to give their products,They are worth more or less than those we already had;
PS: The breakfast climb, the day I am "luck" at most lasts for an hour and a half long.The rest of the day, or at least in the morning, the bomb barely injected me insulin.Not necessary.So I go in values ​​about 80/90.On a normal average day.There are, after all, and for this, corrective bowling or intakes according to those days that come out of the most common.Salu2

I am diabetics the same as you, so I can understand you, I do not speak like an endocrine that does not live in their meats daily.I only tell you my opinion for my professional experience and especially staff.
I carry with DB type 1 since the age of 10 and I have 50, I have passed through many stories, types of insulins including the cdo porkOf course, they exempt me from it, at least for something the DB served me, because it was a total lack of control, but in a week I have variable shifts of tomorrow and afternoon, I do not always have the same schedule.
Before not but I think that today we have means for greater flexibility in the schedules, and if eg you want).
By this I just want to tell you that it is possible but in my opinion, and I repeat, only in my opinion, an high dose of hydrates at breakfast, it already makes the upper day start, at least, and then I have a hard time coming backTo my target range.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/14/2023 5:38 p.m.

idirak said:
mine:

As soon as I get up (6:00):
- 60 grams of integral oat flakes
- Disadvantic yogurt
- 6 strawberries
- 1/2 Platano

Mid -morning (11:00):
- Centeno bread with turkey and cheese

And with that I endure until noon.

I do that and I put more than 300 all day ...

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/14/2023 5:39 p.m.

meginer said:
moñiño said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
I depend on how it is planned the day (efforts, workload ....) the same aCOO COO and 15/20 cookies, that a coffee and a Magdalena or a toast of oil and salt and a juice, or a pair of sobads pasiegos with only one ......

It can be, but I am doing so.There are foods to fill me, but low.Lowering the dose is a drama.In the morning and work, barely spending 3 units.Of course, if under a little, to 2 for example, fired all morning (the most common; and although Imove), even if I ate anything.You remind me of endocrine. On paper sounds good, but the reality is another.I've thrown myself eating all morning without tracing and with the pump stop more than once.Without going from 55.

I am diabetics the same as you, so I can understand you, I do not speak like an endocrine that does not live in their meats daily.I only tell you my opinion for my professional experience and especially staff.
I carry with DB type 1 since the age of 10 and I have 50, I have passed through many stories, types of insulins including the cdo porkOf course, they exempt me from it, at least for something the DB served me, because it was a total lack of control, but in a week I have variable shifts of tomorrow and afternoon, I do not always have the same schedule.
Before not but I think that today we have means for greater flexibility in the schedules, and if eg you want).
By this I just want to tell you that it is possible but in my opinion, and I repeat, only in my opinion, an high dose of hydrates at breakfast, it already makes the upper day start, at least, and then I have a hard time coming backTo my target range.

I have lived with diabetes since I was born.More than 4 generations in my family between grandparents, great -grandparents, uncles, cousins, brothers ... Let's see;I was not born with her but I have always seen her at home.FastI learned that 1+1 in diabetes are not 2. They affect things that my sister or my father and vice versa.For example, my sister eats half a banana and in 20 minutes she shoots.I eat 3 and nothing.
I have tried things before they go to the market.Different insulins too, sensors ..... of all or almost everything.I have been shifts too, with Saturdays, with Sundays working 16 hours of the pull.I have only stopped the 20 minutes they left sometimes to eat.Days like today I have eaten at 4:30 p.m.gone to eat at 16:30)
My experience is the one related.If breakfast like that, it is because, after years, it's how I go better.The climb (which does not usually pass from 220, only lasts just over an hour. The rest of the morning I do not spend hardly insulin, because for efforts and physical requirements of the work, I at least disharge myself from the excess of rapid glucose.I also tell you that if I wear 0.5 units of more or less, even 0.3 or 0.2 the thing changes bestially.They put a bombPeriod was magnificent.That patients are business customers, we like it or not) and since then it is.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
11/14/2023 9:22 p.m.

moñiño said:
meginer said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
moñiño said:
I depend on how it is planned the day (Efforts, workload ....) The same a Cao tail and 15/20 cookies, than a coffee and a Magdalena or a toast of oil and salt and a juice, or a pair of sobads pasiegos with only one ......

It can be, but I am doing so.There are foods to fill me, but low.Lowering the dose is a drama.In the morning and work, barely spending 3 units.Of course, if under a little, to 2 for example, fired all theTomorrow (the most common; and even if it moves), even if I ate anything.You remind me of endocrine. On paper sounds good, but the reality is another.I've thrown myself eating all morning without tracing and with the pump stop more than once.Without going from 55.

I have lived with diabetes since I was born.More than 4 generations in my family between grandparents, great -grandparents, uncles, cousins, brothers ... Let's see;I was not born with her butI have always seen her at home.Fast I learned that 1+1 in diabetes are not 2. It affects things that my sister or my father and vice versa.For example, my sister eats half a banana and in 20 minutes she shoots.I eat 3 and nothing.
I have tried things before they go to the market.Different insulins too, sensors ..... of all or almost everything.I have been shifts too, with Saturdays, with Sundays working 16 hours of the pull.I have only stopped the 20 minutes they left sometimes to eat.Days like today I have eaten at 4:30 p.m.gone to eat at 16:30)
My experience is the one related.If breakfast like that, it is because, after years, it's how I go better.The climb (which does not usually pass from 220, only lasts just over an hour. The rest of the morning I do not spend hardly insulin, because for efforts and physical requirements of the work, I at least disharge myself from the excess of rapid glucose.I also tell you that if I wear 0.5 units of more or less, even 0.3 or 0.2 the thing changes bestially.They put a bombPeriod was magnificent.that patients are business customers, we like it or not) and since then it is what there is.

If you do well, great.For me 220 even an hour alone, it is a lot.I do not usually go from 160.I have that goal marked by my endocrine for my long evolution and some other complication.
I already tell you, each one is each, if you are well like this, perfect and I'm glad.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/14/2023 10:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.