{'en': 'I have a wedding.Aid', 'es': 'Tengo una boda. Ayuda'} Image

I have a wedding.Aid

luchi's profile photo   08/31/2023 5:58 p.m.

Hello everyone.

Two and a half years ago I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, at 55 and a year later, more or less, I discovered this forum by chance.Since then I have not stopped following him, you are teaching me a lot.

I have decided to write now, for the first time, because I have a wedding next week and I don't know how to act.I puncture before each meal depending on the number of HC to be taken, but in this case I do not know what to do.

I know there will be many snacks, which will lengthen a lot and then go to dinner.

Can anyone tell me how to manage this?

It has me very worried and what would have to be a good day is becoming nightmare.

Thank you all.

luchi's profile photo
luchi
08/31/2023 5:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@luchi, put on a bit fast for snacks, and then another shortly before dinner, when you have already served the dish ..
And, if necessary, you run later ..
Better to miss and enjoy that day.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2023 3:14 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Better, don't go to the wedding !!
I would not go !!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
09/01/2023 7:50 a.m.

regina said:
@luchi, put on a bit fast for snacks, and then another shortly before dinner, when you have already served the dish ..
And, if necessary, you run later ..
Better to miss and enjoy that day.

Thank you, I will do that

luchi's profile photo
luchi
09/01/2023 8:25 a.m.

Andrespmat said:
better, not go to the wedding !!
I would not go !!

In this case it is not an option

luchi's profile photo
luchi
09/01/2023 8:26 a.m.

@luchi I agree with what they have told you ... at least I do so.
I put in the cocktail a little quickly and I try ... (it is difficult) to calculate what I am eating with respect to what I have punctured and not spend much more ... (because everything is always so richoooo!)
Then when dinner begins I measure me again and I correct or not, taking into account what I am going to eat (they usually put a small letter with what is going to be tasted).To keep in mind that they usually put smaller amounts and that also for very good qualities that always put you a little more for the way of cooking them, the oils and blablabla ... keep in mind if you are going to drink some alcohol (Wines, Sorbets ...)
If you have a continuous meter, see you checking and correcting a little every two hours ...
But do not obsess, let's be clear ... You surely have peaks and some substitute.
They are a few hours, you are correcting it and normal that you take care of you a lot.
It's a day to enjoy.I do not tell you that you exceed you like crazy ... but don't bit yourself for a thorough of lack of control in those hours.We also have to live and enjoy.We have to try to leave and make normal life ... that of "Do not go" ... lock yourself at home and refuse any event, it is not the solution.
What do you spend phenomenal!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/01/2023 8:31 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
@luchi I agree with what they have told you ... at least I do so.
I put in the cocktail a little quickly and I try ... (it is difficult) to calculate what I am eating with respect to what I have punctured and not spend much more ... (because everything is always so richoooo!)
Then when dinner begins I measure me again and I correct or not, taking into account what I am going to eat (they usually put a small letter with what is going to be tasted).To keep in mind that they usually put smaller amounts and that also for very good qualities that always put you a little more for the way of cooking them, the oils and blablabla ... keep in mind if you are going to drink some alcohol (Wines, Sorbets ...)
If you have a continuous meter, see you checking and correcting a little every two hours ...
But do not obsess, let's be clear ... You surely have peaks and some substitute.
They are a few hours, you are correcting it and normal that you take care of you a lot.
It's a day to enjoy.I do not tell you that you exceed you like crazy ... but don't bit yourself for a thorough of lack of control in those hours.We also have to live and enjoy.We have to try to leave and make normal life ... that of "Do not go" ... lock yourself at home and refuse any event, it is not the solution.
What do you spend phenomenal!

Thanks Silvia, I will try to have fun.

luchi's profile photo
luchi
09/01/2023 8:46 a.m.

luchi said:
hello everyone.
Two and a half years ago I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, at 55, and a year later, more or less, I discovered this forum by chance.Since then I have not stopped following him, you are teaching me a lot.I have decided to write now, for the first time, because I have a wedding next week and I don't know how to act.I puncture before each meal depending on the number of HC to be taken, but in this case I do not know what to do.I know there will be many snacks, which will lengthen a lot and then go to dinner.Can anyone tell me how to manage this?It has me very worried and what would have to be a good day is becoming nightmare.Thank you all.

Good morning @luchi, precisely I had a wedding last Friday and I tell you how it went.

First of all, he thinks that each one is different and what works for one does not serve another.

It was a wedding at nine o'clock at night and entered the snacks with 103 glucose (I have taken the trouble to look at the values ​​in Diabox).I was clear that I was not going to put anything quickly.I was going to drink 0 hydrates.Of the approximately 12-15 snacks I tried half (and most repeated)

I was eating what I saw that I did not have too many hydrates and when it came to eat to the living room because the same: its seafood, its cheese and sausages, then a main dish of meat, etc ...

In all night I did not take any bread or derivatives.Logically I didn't try the cake either.
At the end of dinner about one in the morning it was in 130 glucose.

Because?I knew I was going to drink alcohol and I don't like to use the fast when I'm going to drink alcohol.
Then came the open bar and put on the top of nuts that were there (they are my downfall: d)

I arrived home with my wife about half past six in the morning and I was in 114 before I went to bed.I got up at noon with 90.

That is my experience.

My advice: Don't be overwhelmed.Eat what you want and get rid if you see it necessary.I prefer not to eat hydrates and not click because for me it is a mess to know when and how much to click on a meal that lasts three or four hours and that you are going to drink wine, beer, etc.

In the end you have to try for yourself.Everything is limited to a simple test-error.

Good luck.You'll see that you will have a great time.

PD: Do not quarrel much because of alcohol.It was a wedding and, in addition, I was having a great time or :)

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
09/01/2023 9:14 a.m.

sandman said:
luchi said:
hello everyone.
Two and a half years ago I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, at 55, and a year later, more or less, I discovered this forum by chance.Since then I have not stopped following him, you are teaching me a lot.I have decided to write now, for the first time, because I have a wedding next week and I don't know how to act.I puncture before each meal depending on the number of HC to be taken, but in this case I do not know what to do.I know there will be many snacks, which will lengthen a lot and then go to dinner.Can anyone tell me how to manage this?It has me very worried and what would have to be a good day is becoming nightmare.Thank you all.

Good morning @luchi, precisely I had a wedding last Friday and I tell you how it went.

First of all, he thinks that each one is different and what works for one does not serve another.

It was a wedding at nine o'clock at night and entered the snacks with 103 glucose (I have taken the trouble to look at the values ​​in Diabox).I was clear that I was not going to put anything quickly.I was going to drink 0 hydrates.Of the approximately 12-15 snacks I tried half (and most repeated)

I was eating what I saw that I did not have too many hydrates and when it came to eat to the living room because the same: its seafood, its cheese and sausages, then a main dish of meat, etc ...

In all night I did not take any bread or derivatives.Logically I didn't try the cake either.

Because?I knew I was going to drink alcohol and I don't like to use the fast when I'm going to drink alcohol.
Then came the open bar and put on the top of nuts that were there (they are my downfall: d)

I arrived home with my wife about half past six in the morning and I was in 114 before I went to bed.I got up at noon with 90.

That is my experience.

My advice: Don't be overwhelmed.Eat what you want and get rid if you see it necessary.I prefer not to eat hydrates and not click because for me it is a mess to know when and how much to click on a meal that lasts three or four hours and that you are going to drink wine, beer, etc.

In the end you have to try for yourself.Everything is limited to a simple test-error.

PD: Do not quarrel much because of alcohol.It was a wedding and, in addition, I was having a great time or :)

Thank you very much Sandman.What willpower do you have !!!I will try to take little hydrate but surely something falls, and also the beer ...

luchi's profile photo
luchi
09/01/2023 9:24 a.m.

I have long changed beer for a good glass of wine.A single beer rises from the order of 70-80 glucose in 10 minutes.

I only take it when I have to go back because I have a bit low glucose.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
09/01/2023 9:30 a.m.

sandman said:
I have long changed beer for a good glass of wine.A single beer rises from the order of 70-80 glucose in 10 minutes.

I only take it when I have to go back because I have a bit low glucose.

I said, what willpower !!!
I take much less but there are times when I don't give up

luchi's profile photo
luchi
09/01/2023 9:34 a.m.

sandman said:
luchi said:
hello everyone.

That is my experience.

👏👏👏👏👏
Go crack.What a good management of the situation ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/01/2023 10:14 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

At a wedding I swelled in ham and white wine in the snacks.I did not upload the glucose but what a little noche he takes me 😅😅😅

Go and enjoy, try to choose snacks that you can eat, dessert I usually try it but do not normally.I know that I don't use quickly and maybe my management is different, of course, but if you see that you go up you are rectifying a bit, right?Although normally at weddings although they put many hydrates it is something that has enough alternatives

Nila's profile photo
Nila
09/01/2023 1:19 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
me at a wedding I swelled in ham and white wine in the snacks.I did not upload the glucose but what a little noche he takes me 😅😅😅

Go and enjoy, try to choose snacks that you can eat, dessert I usually try it but do not normally.I know that I don't use quickly and maybe my management is different, of course, but if you see that you go up you are rectifying a bit, right?Although normally at weddings although they put many hydrates it is something that has enough alternatives

Well, you will have to throw yourself through the ham !! 🤣🤣.Thank you

luchi's profile photo
luchi
09/01/2023 1:59 p.m.

The ball that was made in my stomach ... with caution haha ​​I don't tell you how I get home between that and white wine

Nila's profile photo
Nila
09/03/2023 8:26 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
the ball that was made in my stomach ... with caution haha ​​I do not tell you how I get to my house between that and the white wine

🤣🤣🤣🤣

luchi's profile photo
luchi
09/03/2023 12:52 p.m.

You can train you in estimating rations or grams of HC, but hey, I already tell you that with what they normally serve in meals and swallows people, I need between 15 and 20 units of fast (Humalog).And that saving me any dessert, which are usually all pure sugar.

Type 1 diabetics also happens to us that, even with a correct dosage, the maximum postpondrial shoots up to 250, instead of 150 that a normal person does.But be careful, we must not try to correct it, because that leads directly to hypoglycemia an hour later.

The tactic that I use for comilones is to put 10 units directly before starting to eat, and then, at the time or so, depending on what rhythm the blood glucose is going up, I put another 5 or 10. That normally gets that theMaximum is not very high and a faster return.

Of course, I wear sensors, of course.You have to control the blood glucose all the time, and with glucometers it is a pain.But well, you can go to Abbot and buy a free 2 and it only costs you 60 euros and you read it with your mobile.

Luck.And the last thing you have to do is not go to the celebrations to be diabetic.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
09/03/2023 2:44 p.m.

In my case I put 4 units in the snacks for the piece of bread, puff pastry and fats.
Then at the table, read the menu and calculate.
In the end he always touches rectify, but one day is a day and you have to live

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/03/2023 2:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Cristóbal Cortés said:
You can train in estimating rations or grams of HC, but hey, I already tell you that with what they normally serve in meals and people swallow, I need between 15and 20 fast units (Humalog).And that saving me any dessert, which are usually all pure sugar.

Type 1 diabetics also happens to us that, even with a correct dosage, the maximum postpondrial shoots up to 250, instead of 150 that a normal person does.But be careful, we must not try to correct it, because that leads directly to hypoglycemia an hour later.

The tactic that I use for comilones is to put 10 units directly before starting to eat, and then, at the time or so, depending on what rhythm the blood glucose is going up, I put another 5 or 10. That normally gets that theMaximum is not very high and a faster return.

Of course, I wear sensors, of course.You have to control the blood glucose all the time, and with glucometers it is a pain.But well, you can go to Abbot and buy a free 2 and it only costs you 60 euros and you read it with your mobile.

Luck.And the last thing you have to do is not go to the celebrations to be diabetic.

Thanks Cristóbal, your contributions serve me and everyone's.Fortunately I carry a sensor, so I will not stop controlling.

luchi's profile photo
luchi
09/03/2023 2:58 p.m.

ruthbia said:
In my case I put 4 units in the snacks because of the piece of bread, puff pastry and fats.
Then at the table, read the menu and calculate.
In the end he always touches rectify, but one day is a day and you have to live

Is it necessary to wait a number of hours between one puncture and another?I mean between snacks and dinner, not corrections

luchi's profile photo
luchi
09/03/2023 3:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.