{'en': 'Erroneous sensors (more than usual?)', 'es': 'Sensores erróneos (¿más de lo habitual?)'} Image

Erroneous sensors (more than usual?)

SilviaGRZ's profile photo   09/15/2023 9:49 a.m.

Hello!

I know that Free Style 2 fails a lot ... but the change of the last 3 sensors is being "a joke" (and the heavy ones).

Is it happening to you ...?

Last night, active the new one, I wait for the 60 'of rigor and when I can scan tells me the typical "Reading not available, wait 10'" ... so that it directly asks me to replace it ...

I already tell you that I have been about 3 months with the same story.Putting a new one is a lottery and praying everything I know ...

It ever happened to me, but so often ...?

Then come the faces when I return them to the ambulatory and ask to replace.

This summer being on vacation I had a scare already ... I took two in the suitcase.I had to put one on the trip and another "in case."

I put on him, did not work and I had to obviously put on the second he had and already the fear that something happened with that and that would ruin all the vacations ...

Greetings,

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/15/2023 9:49 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

It has happened to me too.Exactly like yours.A sensor that did not "start" and the next three or four with erratic readings, pulling glucometer several times a day.
Fortunately, from the return on vacation I have a good streak and the last three go "clava" with capillary reading.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/15/2023 10 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Silviagrz that has also happened to me, in exchange and the "out", ends with glucose strips.
I am in cows and I have not brought myself more than the change that I wear without activating while Diabox gives me a few extra hours.
If you fail, I have brought glucose strips.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/15/2023 12:21 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia I do that ... I carry the spare, the strips, lancetas the glucometer ...
Plus insus, glucagon ...
We are the walking pharmacy with the "in them" ... 🤣🤣

SilviaGRZ
09/15/2023 12:52 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

Hello, I have also passed with 2 in a row.same proceed.After waiting 60 min, make a reading and tell me to wait 10 min.I wait for you, then another 10 and the third already tells me a sensor error.It is true that the whole summer I have been carrying the sensor in the upper gluteo, and if the flies, I tried to put on the third sensor behind the arm, and it worked!So I don't know if it was about changing the zone or just luck ... the first one that failed gave me a spare one, but the second they told me that they had no more in the health center, and that they would keep it to return it when they had moreAnd I will touch me.What a fear I give me ...

valky's profile photo
valky
09/15/2023 8:29 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Hello everyone,
The problem I am having (three sensors in a row) is a bit different.
The assets and measure normally (around 10 -15 units below the capillary), but suddenly a flu day and begins to measure more than 50 below the capillary.
The last one happened to me 3 days to change it and endured, but the one I have now put on 4 days.
The solution will go because I take off in the pool and change it to me, because I have already stuck with them twice because of the difference in capillary and sensor and always say it is normal: S
What surprises me is that the same pattern is passing so often (the last three sensors).
It could be some defective lot, that's why does it happen to you too?

infodescarga's profile photo
infodescarga
10/06/2023 10:44 a.m.

-
DM Lada desde 2016 | FreeStyle Libre 2 | Toujeo + Humalog

I, since I wrote you ... "Well."But you can't trust ...
Some, lately, if I lie on it, start lowering the measure without brake until it marks it.I get up ... I move a little, and recover ...

SilviaGRZ
10/06/2023 11:04 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

infodescarga said:
hello everyone,
The problem I am having (three sensors in a row) is a bit different.
The assets and measure normally (around 10 -15 units below the capillary), but suddenly a flu day and begins to measure more than 50 below the capillary.
The last one happened to me 3 days to change it and endured, but the one I have now put on 4 days.
The solution will go because I take off in the pool and change it to me, because I have already stuck with them twice because of the difference in capillary and sensor and always say it is normal: S
What surprises me is that the same pattern is passing so often (the last three sensors).
It could be some defective lot, that's why does it happen to you too?

I guess they are gusts.I have not had serious problems with the sensors for a while, but it is true that this summer I also had several that were not going well and they replaced them.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/06/2023 12:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

This summer happened to me with one, which never operated (after the 60 'of calibration, began to tell me to try after 10' and so much until he met at all).But removing that, the rest have worked well for me, and I had been without any setback for a long time.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
10/06/2023 1:54 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

It happens to me that marks 50 and in capillary is 100 ... What do you do in these cases?Do you claim it?I have thrown the box

Sofia00's profile photo
Sofia00
10/07/2023 3:02 p.m.

The truth is that with these differences they are not worth much.When I had some like that, I checked with capillary several times a day and the sensor, I only earned the trend arrow.Without the box code you will not be able to claim it.It is a task.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/07/2023 10:17 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

sofia00 said:
happens to me that marks 50 and in capillary is 100 ... what do you do in these cases?Do you claim it?I have thrown the box

Good, on a sensor side you have the serial number printed that is what they ask you to claim.
When I have those values ​​so different from the real ones, I replace it and claim it.
They will ask for several sensor and real glycometer readings to compare.
Note them before calling.
So far they have never put me in to send me another.
But be careful, they have to be more than notable differences.Of the order of more than 60 or 70 between sensor and glucometer.
So I recommend that you exaggerate a bit;)

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/08/2023 4:08 p.m.

In the mobile, in the freeLink app, in "about" the numbers of the last 3 used sensors come out.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/08/2023 7:02 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Yes, they fail a lot, but there are still more, for example, the Medtronic G4, which declares 7 days and are actually 5 for most.The free "only" fails 25 % of the time and most do so when more than 9 days have passed.

You claim them to Abbot and send you new sensors.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
10/08/2023 8:20 p.m.

Hello,

I have been with Abbott's sensors for a few months, and things happen to me that I read, they are common.

Most of the sensors, from 8-10 days they give higher measures of hair glycemia, but with differences of 80-110 units, although the difference is not always not always, but it is not suitable for controlling blood glucose.My nurse says she is the first person who tells her this problem.Of course, I do not take off because I put a tape on top that I finance, the SS does not give it to me.

I read that when they fail to the extent you call Abbott and replaces you.Is that also when the sensors are financed by Social Security?

Thank you very much for your help,

Juanp

JuanP's profile photo
JuanP
10/16/2023 1:28 p.m.

Juanp said:
hello,

I have been with Abbott's sensors for a few months, and things happen to me that I read, they are common.

Most of the sensors, from 8-10 days they give higher measures of hair glycemia, but with differences of 80-110 units, although the difference is not always not always, but it is not suitable for controlling blood glucose.My nurse says she is the first person who tells her this problem.Of course, I do not take off because I put a tape on top that I finance, the SS does not give it to me.

I read that when they fail to the extent you call Abbott and replaces you.Is that also when the sensors are financed by Social Security?

Thank you very much for your help,

Juanp

Good, they always mark me below the glucometer.If you have those differences that you say from 80-100 you must call the Abbott phone and request that they send you another.
They are going to ask you for the sensor serial number and several comparative readings of the sensor and the glucometer, so it scores several on paper before calling.
The SS also finished them and I have never had problems with customer service (they have even sent it to me when they have taken off because of me when they are not obliged to do so)

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/16/2023 1:47 p.m.

I think that it happens a little ... if I make a hair glycemia, I always get a little more than in the sensor (but not 800-100 ... maybe 10-20mg/dl with which IApaña and the trend arrow also helps me a lot!)
To me Abbott told me that it is really glucose reading The sensor obtains it from the interstitial fluid between cells.But it can vary a little ... not so much !!

It also happens to me that the first hours that I carry ... until it is calibrating, gives more difference on the capillary.

If the difference is a lot of call and eat it ... Normally even if the SS is financed, you have to call Abbott and give you a case number to carry it with all the packaging and such an ambulatory.

SilviaGRZ
10/16/2023 3:34 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

In the Community of Madrid they are reported to the health center.You get a telephone appointment with the primary care nurse, you tell the event, give the sensor serial number (it is in the black part of the cardboard box and also in the metal lid type yogurt type of the applicator).They take note and well give you one immediately, they add one when the replacement touches.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/16/2023 4:15 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Silviagrz said:
I think it happens to us a bit ... if I do a hair glycemia, I always get a little more than in the sensor (but no 800-100 ..Maybe 10-20mg/dl with which I manage and the arrow of the trend also helps me a lot!)
To me Abbott told me that it is really glucose reading The sensor obtains it from the interstitial fluid between cells.But it can vary a little ... not so much !!

It also happens to me that the first hours that I carry ... until it is calibrating, gives more difference on the capillary.

If the difference is a lot of call and tell him ... normally even if the SS will be financed, you have to call Abbott and give you a case number to carry it with all the packaging and such an ambulatory.

I don't have to take them anywhere.It is true that when they send me the new home, inside the package there is a paid frank envelope in which you have to return the defective sensor.You can throw it to any postal mailbox.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/16/2023 4:22 p.m.

Thank you very much for your answers!And very fast, by the way!This is nice!

I continue with the sensor on despite giving quite diverted measures, and I take it into account by doing some capillary blood glucose, but I don't take them off, and when I go to the nurse for material, it notes it, but it continues to give me the sensors that correspond to me, as if they had lasted 14 days.What I am going to have to do is remove them when they give very deviant measures.In addition, I only give me a box of strips for two months, and on the last visit I did not want to give me strips, I told me that what I loved for them, that I already had the sensor!

Again, I reiterate my thanks.I will make another query on the Diabox, but in the thread where it corresponds.All the best,

Juanp

JuanP's profile photo
JuanP
10/16/2023 6:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.