Driving license renewal

hzahza's profile photo   01/25/2024 9:18 a.m.

In April I expire the driving license and it is the first time I have to do it with diabetes.

I have read that you have to carry a favorable report of the endocrine, that if you renew it for 3 years, others say that 5 years, in other cases that you do not have to carry anything and even say nothing.

You will tell me your experience.

All the best.

hzahza's profile photo
hzahza
01/25/2024 9:18 a.m.

DM3 desde 2014| FreeStyle Libre 2 | Lantus/Novorapid

I did not mention anything about diabetes and renewed me 10 years, I know it's wrong, but I step on me.If they are going to put it every 3 or 5 years that charge me less, so nothing.

alcanjo's profile photo
alcanjo
01/25/2024 9:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Before I think they renewed for 2 years.It cost you half.I don't know if it will remain the same.
I would not say anything ...
If a law is unfair, the right thing is to disobey.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
01/25/2024 10:30 a.m.

juanol said:
before I think they renewed for 2 years.It cost you half.I don't know if it will remain the same.

Now they put it to you every 3 or 5 years, it depends on how the doctor sees it and they charge you the same

alcanjo's profile photo
alcanjo
01/25/2024 10:34 a.m.

rear said:
juane said:
before I think they renewed for 2 years.It cost you half.I don't know if it will remain the same.

Now they put it to you every 3 or 5 years, it depends on how the doctor sees it and they charge you the same

I renewed a couple of years ago with a favorable report from the doctor.

They renewed me for 5 years and it cost me the same as my wife who renewed for 10 years (she is not diabetic)

I caught a anger from the copon.

If I get to know I don't say anything about diabetes.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/25/2024 12:57 p.m.

🤫🤐

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/25/2024 6:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for the answers, it has been clear to me.They also detected the diabetes a month after renewing the card 10 years ago, another draw.

hzahza's profile photo
hzahza
01/25/2024 7:27 p.m.

DM3 desde 2014| FreeStyle Libre 2 | Lantus/Novorapid

Indeed, it depends on who touches you.A year I was renewed for 2 years, and the next time I changed site and I was renewed for 5 years, paying the same as one of normal renewal, and with the endocrine report that I am controlled.I think 5 years is to the maximum that I can aspire now ... :(

valky's profile photo
valky
01/25/2024 8:42 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

There is a thread about this in case you want to take a look with pros and cons

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
01/25/2024 8:44 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

I do not renew it for the retinopathy in one eye, but well they stole my car ... I don't care and

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/26/2024 9:23 a.m.

valky said:
effectively depends on who touches you.A year I was renewed for 2 years, and the next time I changed site and I was renewed for 5 years, paying the same as one of normal renewal, and with the endocrine report that I am controlled.I think 5 years is to the maximum that I can aspire now ...: (

A question that arises, if the next renewal change of clinic will they already know about diabetes?Or do they ask you again?Can you hide that data or are you already marked forever?

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/26/2024 11:34 a.m.

sandman said:
valky said:
effectively depends on who touches you.A year I was renewed for 2 years, and the next time I changed site and I was renewed for 5 years, paying the same as one of normal renewal, and with the endocrine report that I am controlled.I think 5 years is to the maximum that I can aspire now ...: (

A question that arises, if the next renewal change of clinic will they already know about diabetes?Or do they ask you again?Can you hide that data or are you already marked forever?

I think that data already has the DGT

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
01/26/2024 12:18 p.m.

I took it out in 2015 and the psychotechnical I had to carry a medical report etc because by rookie, I said it was diabetic.They gave me the driving license for five years, when I went to renew it, to the question of whether I suffered from any diseases such as diabetes, etc. The answer was no and then they already gave it to me for 10 years.It is indeed a room.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/26/2024 12:41 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@sandman @juansolo No, the DGT does not have that data, just above I have explained my case.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/26/2024 12:42 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
@sandman @juanso not, the DGT does not have that data, just above I have explained my case.All the best.

Well, I take note for the next renewal.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/26/2024 12:57 p.m.

I have the impression, without being an expert, that if nothing happens there will be no problem, but the day you have the responsibility of an accident there may be problems:
a) Your insurer may not take care of civil liability if you have a condition that prevents you from driving (especially if you are in the 6 to 10 validity of the last renewal of the card).
b) In case of a criminal via, if you carry a glycemia sensor, pray for not having a hypo (or that the sensor marks it even if it is not real) before causing an accident.In this case we talk about crimes.
c) I don't like paying every 5 years, but more expensive can be paid every 10 years.If a child is killed by a diabetic driver in hypoglycemia, will you forgive it for diabetic?
With this I do not defend how the system is mounted, I think it would have to be a free administrative procedure, but this is our country ...

pau91's profile photo
pau91
01/26/2024 1:11 p.m.

What renew the card for two years how does an accident avoid?
Criminal via ... even if you are diabetic, if you can drive.Where is the crime?The fine comes out cheaper than what card renovations cost you.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
01/26/2024 1:30 p.m.

And what is the difference between having the current card and having debuted with diabetes only 2 years ago and that another 2 years of card and leads to know my condition for 4 years, without reflecting my current card, that from here to2 years say if I am or am I not a diabetic in a renewal?
I see it a discrimination for us ... why, for less years of renewal than a non -sick?I look at my values ​​before taking the motorcycle daily or the car, I upload the top alarms to be aware and if I ever have suspected that the sensor is not right, I have stopped and I have thrown out of the glucometer formake sure .... I think that all diabetics are very responsible in this regard.
And I have it clear, when I have to renew ... I am not a diabetic.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/26/2024 1:40 p.m.

No no, that the card in 2, 5 or 10 years has nothing to do with what you may or may not have an accident.
The criminal process, any illicit that compromises public security in relation to driving can be a crime.Deliberately hiding that you have diabetes is an illicit.
But go, that I am nobody to say what each one has to do.

pau91's profile photo
pau91
01/26/2024 1:43 p.m.

@pau91 Anyone has an accident and not for being diabetic.
I would like to see a statistic of how many accidents with death are caused by hypoglycemia, how many by stroke, epilepsy, hypertension, sleep disorder, etc. with all the limitations that the driving card has

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/26/2024 6:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.