{'en': 'The diabetic tiktoker that eats churros with chocolate ...', 'es': 'La TikToker diabética que come churros con chocolate...'} Image

The diabetic tiktoker that eats churros with chocolate ...

Francisco7729's profile photo   01/10/2024 6:34 p.m.

Hello!I would like to open a melon ..

As a diabetic that I am, thanks to the algorithm I constantly get videos of diabetic people on all platforms and social networks, some of them influencers.

The fact is that the videos of a girl on Tiktok whose name is "Maria_Romeo12" and in addition to other contents also teaches her day to day "normalizing" the disease in a somewhat curious way, because their breakfasts areHalf with colacao, chocolate snacks with churros, toasted with butter, meals with fried and battered, rice, etc ...

It carries the insulin pump and the dose is adjusted, but FlipIt is not quite like that ...

Then he also has other videos whining because in his last review with the endocrine his glycosilada was in 7 and peak and has not fulfilled the goal (go, how strange …….)

It is clear that you have to enjoy a little, but seeing how it is primed, it would say that its diet is almost even suitable for a non -diabetic.

The girl is very cute and very majota, but I think that it is one thing to normalize the disease and another is that, I think she is doing skinny favor to the people who debut with diabetes and with misinformation she finds this aunt on social networks.

In fact, most of the comments in their videos are from other diabetics asking him things, asking for advice and asking doubts about the disease, which makes me think that they take it as a reference ... incredible.

The damage that social networks can make in all areas scares me.

I invite you to see your videos and judge yourself.

Francisco7729's profile photo
Francisco7729
01/10/2024 6:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks for sharing this.I will look at him, because with teenage diabetic son this is particularly afraid.

I also see that there are many people who, without getting to that extreme, tell you things like, "well but can eat (my son) everything that you want, that total is to puncture and point."

And the key is that, as you say, that type of diet is very bad for a non -diabetic.

As people do not go there with sensors and giving data from gyrus, because it is not aware, and so it goes;Spain is one of the countries where child obesity is growing most.

madreDMT1's profile photo
madreDMT1
01/10/2024 7:31 p.m.

Madre de adolescente DM1 (nacido en 2008), con DM1 desde 17/11/2023
Abasaglar 19
80-150 Raciones HC/día, dependiendo mucho de los planes y del deporte.
Sensor FreeStyle Libre 3
Madrid

Well, that girl can already see that if she does not have the glycosilada, she is not doing very well.
Being able to eat everything or not, also depends on the type of insulin you have, my daughter, with Lantus could snack and even take a sweet if he was low, because for him to last 24 hours he had an excess of slow that allowed those whims.
Now, with Toujeo, no.But she is happy because she doesn't have to eat between hours and prefers to be thin.
I don't know with a bomb, but the sensor immediately teaches the effects of insulin and food.
By the way, my daughter bought an air fryer and is allowed fried that did not eat almost ... like croquettes, with a little more quickly.
You see what can be done with the insulin you have, but low food and fat is always easier to control.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/10/2024 7:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I know who that girl is and I think that I still continue in Tiktok, but it does not seem to me that she intends to be an example of anything or give lessons, she only teaches her day to day.
Nor does it seem to me to have so many videos eating fatal, although it is true that it has some that fabric ...
Even so, if your diabetic followers take it as an example the problem is them by peanut brain

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
01/10/2024 8:10 p.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

@Francisco7729 I did not know this Tiktoker, I will take a look and I will form a printed criterion before commenting.

I will personally say that I have had times to eat well, regular, bad and very bad, we are going to eat this of eating it is even worth it ... hahaha

In any case, in the end what counts is the time in range and glycosilada (HBA1C) of the analyzes, that is what best determines whether we are controlling or not the diabetes, also whether we are obese or not.

If for any casual he ends up reading us, I hope he goes through here and serves him to improve !!

fer's profile photo
fer
01/10/2024 8:19 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

As people like to criticize the lives of people and put deceptive titles.

The girl who normally controls very well, even better than the majority of endocrine recommends (the last thing I criticize that I would have removed the hydrates at dinner)

And has times in range of 80-90%.

Yes, a day goes and as something special to eat chocolate with churros, but it's all without sugar !!!

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/10/2024 8:53 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Fried, if you don't abuse and you have the LDL well.It is not a problem.
Rice, go up more, and what?Calculate the hydrates and voila.
Toast with butter, okay and mold bread that carries some sugar, occasionally and with controlled cholesterol, there is no longer problems.
Chocolate is bad but if you calculate it well and it is not usual, nothing happens either.
Worse is not playing sports or having stress.
You don't have to become Taliban.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
01/10/2024 9:29 p.m.

@Francisco7729 You are nothing successful to open this melon and give it a name and face.This girl is a nurse and is now specializing to act as a diabetic educator, her father is oculist.It does so to give visibility to this disease so unknown to the rest of mortals.Everyone carries it as they want, try to normalize our day to day ... if you are type 1 and calculate your ratios well, you can eat everything, another thing is that it is convenient or not .... that is worth both for diabetics and notDiabeticsIts diet is usually quite healthy as a general rule, tries to make visible from time to time, meals away from home and how it is handled.The chocolate he takes is without sugar, some churrito of time as long as he does not hurt anyone.Sometimes a whim is allowed because it is in descent and corrects the possible increase with insulin, that is, it is known to handle because many years ago it is.
I myself breakfast every day (since I debuted) roasted with protein bread with butter and in this last analytical my cholesterol is perfect.I do not agree that he shows the disease like a bullshit.Sometimes he cries (as we can do any of us) because he has a bad day, he has not hit an eye some night due to the change of early morning sensor, a cannula that is obstructed; ... because this disease is sometimes very heavy and frustrating.The truth that I am a follower of his since I debuted and I am 47 yearsChildren and adolescents had the commitment she has with her illness.
And that her gyrose does not go down from 7, well I have a friend who does not go down and does not depend on her diet, she has other complications that do not allow it.
So I think you have been wrong with the approach, we are not to judge, we are to accompany and help to the extent that you can.That a diabetic judges another diabetic, knowing what we were happening, it seems to me.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/11/2024 10:11 a.m.

I don't know this girl, do you have another network other than Tik Tok?For example Instagram or YouTube (I don't have Tik Tok and I am very lazy to discharge)
I just discovered one that has given me very good impression
Link
It has an Instagram account.Disseminate the benefits of strength training and also give a lot of information about its control, its way of feeding and applying insulin.(It is also diabetic)

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/11/2024 11:51 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
I don't know this girl, do you have another network other than Tik tok?For example Instagram or YouTube (I don't have Tik Tok and I am very lazy to discharge)
Link
It has an Instagram account.Disseminate the benefits of strength training and also give a lot of information about its control, its way of feeding and applying insulin.(It is also diabetic)

This boy has ever written here, I contacted him but in the end I did not get into any program, I also contacted a companion of his diabetic nutritionist as well.The two are in Seville and gave their services in person or online.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/11/2024 3:03 p.m.

Cassie said:
@Francisco7729 You are nothing successful to open this melon and put name and face.This girl is a nurse and is now specializing to act as a diabetic educator, her father is oculist.It does so to give visibility to this disease so unknown to the rest of mortals.Everyone carries it as they want, try to normalize our day to day ... if you are type 1 and calculate your ratios well, you can eat everything, another thing is that it is convenient or not .... that is worth both for diabetics and notDiabeticsIts diet is usually quite healthy as a general rule, tries to make visible from time to time, meals away from home and how it is handled.The chocolate he takes is without sugar, some churrito of time as long as he does not hurt anyone.Sometimes a whim is allowed because it is in descent and corrects the possible increase with insulin, that is, it is known to handle because many years ago it is.
I myself breakfast every day (since I debuted) roasted with protein bread with butter and in this last analytical my cholesterol is perfect.I do not agree that he shows the disease like a bullshit.Sometimes he cries (as we can do any of us) because he has a bad day, he has not hit an eye some night due to the change of early morning sensor, a cannula that is obstructed; ... because this disease is sometimes very heavy and frustrating.The truth that I am a follower of his since I debuted and I am 47 yearsChildren and adolescents had the commitment she has with her illness.
And that her gyrose does not go down from 7, well I have a friend who does not go down and does not depend on her diet, she has other complications that do not allow it.
So I think you have been wrong with the approach, we are not to judge, we are to accompany and help to the extent that you can.That a diabetic judges another diabetic, knowing what we were happening, it seems to me to much.

Hi Cassie, I am giving a personal opinion with all respect and from my point of view, simply.
I also tell you, so controlled and so well it will not take it when its glycosiladas are not controlled by it in its own videos, so perhaps the sandwich and the daily colkaus are not the most successful for breakfast in their case.
As you say, each one takes it as they want, I only say that it seems a bit dangerous that a girl with 200k followers carry that kind of food and normalize it when all diabetics since childhood have taught us to count rations, to limit hydratesAnd even despite the food, as is my case since the 13 years I debuted and having 34 now, so of diabetes and meals I know a while.
What are there people who prefer to live better and not do this?Fantastic!If it is sure that it is even more happy, but then it does not make another video crying for not having reached the goal and being in more than 7 glyc, because eating chocolate and cheese cake, it is the most logical ...
Regarding everything else that you comment as his trade, that of his father, his vital objectives, I have nothing to say since I am not playing as a person or as a professional or in the case of this, I am only giving an opinion ofthe videos that uploads.

Francisco7729's profile photo
Francisco7729
01/11/2024 6:06 p.m.

Do you weigh the food ???: O: O: O.

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
01/12/2024 2:36 p.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

When you start as a child, you have to think about everything.Over time you learn to do it by eye.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
01/12/2024 2:44 p.m.

madrileña91 said:
Do you weigh the food ???: O: O: O

The first month I did, then by eye

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/12/2024 4:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I still weigh the slow absorption HC when I cook at home.
Out of home I use the ojimeter and not always successful

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
01/12/2024 4:42 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

I just like @ruthbia to calculate everything in detail for each meal, it is exhausting.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/12/2024 5:16 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

salad said:
I don't know this girl, do you have another network other than Tik tok?For example Instagram or YouTube (I don't have Tik Tok and I am very lazy to discharge)
Link

I take note @ENSALADA, although I was already following this boy in IG.You had to have commented here at some point and I already subscribed although I have not been on Instagram for some time.I will take an eye to see what are counted on the web, it seems healthy if we already talk about training and exercise.

With respect to Topic I will give my opinion because for that we are in a forum and it seems like a song.
In advance say that I neither have Tiktok nor will I have it and the abuse that is made of social networks seems to me little less than unnatural, and speaking of the elderly ... but to leave the kids who are involved in that garbageAt all hours, that no longer has a name.Then there will be a "responsible" mother or mother giving lessons, you'll see xD.When the kids are stopped with Tiktok Id from behind and remove the phone and see how they react, surely someone screams as if a Yonki had taken the crack pipe.Do the experiment, I have done it several times and put themselves as the monkeys of "2001: an odyssey in space".

From what has explained @Francisco7729 this girl is not doing very well to say if she has those values, I do not say that you cannot sin one day because we all do it but because of the type of food that Francisco commented on to this girlThe almond has completely gone.That is the problem of social networks, that there is no filter and there may be those who are sick and take this girl as an example.Sad but real.The argument is "as I am Mona and Nurse I will open a Tiktok channel and see if hopefully I get rich telling my life and the coats of Colacao, and also perhaps those of Idilia Foods are coming and sponsored me" (this put itIn all the genres you want, I don't care, the uncles are also extrapolated).This is the current panorama between Tiktokers, YouTubers, etc.A future and an encouraging future for humanity.And some parents encourage that behavior, to see if they get them out of poor ... because of ignorant it will be difficult.

Then this issue of insulin "adjustments" is with a pump or puncture, as I have read in this forum, it is not highly recommended since if you continue to make the cinnamon with the food and your excuse is "I already adjust the insulin"In the end you will need more and more insulin.I don't think that is the solution.But there are people who or having seen the teeth to the wolf will rectify and change their dynamics.And in addition to that they will get into Tiktok and they will tell you that it is very good and that you do it too and to the top with chocolate churros.
It is not being Taliban, it is being consistent.Since for one thing or another we have reached this point and has not been for being consistent.And of course I am not referring to people who were born with the disease, etc.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
01/12/2024 8:30 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Hi Francisco7729, how are you?I am the diabetic Tiktoker who eats churros with chocolate, delighted.

My name is María Romeo and I have type 1 diabetes since the age of 7.I have always been very strict with the disease because my parents educated me (I consider that they did very well).I find it very sad that following some videos that show a minimum part of my life you dare to say with such credibility those things that I do not interact at all.

To begin with, each one treats their diabetes as they want.For me it is not a bullshit, as you say.It is the most important thing about my life, what happens is that I do not carry it as an obstacle, if not as a life partner.I don't victim to have it, which some people do ...

Obviously I normalize my illness, I have done it since I was very small, I don't remember a life without diabetes, for me it has always been like this and it is normal.

I love to eat, but if you knew me, you would know that I don't like fried.How from time to time?Of course, and also the chocolate (which I take without added sugars) with churros, the toast with butter and all those things you say.But not every day.How sad that you stay with that minimum part.

I think it is perfectly reflected in my Tiktok that I show my day to day normalizing a disease that there are people who cost them a lot.I simply want to help you, and luckily I am doing it and it fills me with pride.

I have all the right of the world to cry if my goals are not met.With adolescence, for hormones, everything was very discouraged and it has cost me sweat and effort to be fine again, but so that you stay calm, right now I am 80% in rank in the average of the last 3 months.

Many people ask me things as you have said, and since I am not an expert (although I am a nurse but still not specialized in diabetes), I always recommend that you comment with your endocrine.

To finish I will tell you that I am very sad that you see that through my networks, I am left with that there are a lot of people who understand my work, and I think that within how the networks are used, I am using them very goodly.

Hopefully a life without so many criticism of everything.That you are very happy.

maria_romeo11's profile photo
maria_romeo11
01/13/2024 11:05 a.m.

Welcome to the forum @Maria_Romeo11 I will tell you that I agree enough in everything you have commented, in fact, I think that the most important point is the last one, the one that your intention is to provide a vision from how to live diabetes in Firstperson.

Here we all have our opinion and we express it slowly, also look at the rest of the comments on this topic, for example those of @Cassie @juanso @sherpa41

I would tell you that you would also stay with those comments, rather than criticism, I think that the work you do to make diabetes visible and normalize it, greatly exceeds the possible mistakes we can make, this is also the idea with which we started the forum.

Enchanted to read you too!:)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/13/2024 11:29 a.m.

Hello, I had read from the cell phone and I could not answer before although I really wanted to do it.I have followed this Tiktoker, that's why I want to give my opinion on the subject.I have lada diabetes, a diagnosis that cost me a lot to assume and understand, my treatment is like that of DT1, carbon count, insulin and such.Maria seems to me, within the world Tiktoker, a super response person of her illness and others.She always clarifies that she handles her disease like this, that there is no only way but that each organism is different.For my part, seeing it helped me a lot to normalize the diagnosis, to see it more natural and not as a death sentence.I am 46 years old, so I do not manage a diabetes since I was a child ... I have had to learn everything big.I had moments of crying, depression and much anguish.And of course, it is my personal opinion .... But I feel that Mary gives that freshness and joy that is needed not to feel the weight of the disease as such.What have churros eaten with chocolate?Yes, and who doesn't?She manages it like this, but then there are hundreds of videos where he shows what he eats in the day and is all super healthy, added to the fact that he does a lot of exercise.Can we criticize the glucosilada and its values?Of course, we are free, but I have 7 glucosilada, with an 80% monthly time in range, and my diabetologist tells me that I am perfect.That glucosilada depends on many things, that my diabetes is labil and can vary greatly ... that if the glucosilada left there I would live with hypos.Each body is unique, she shows the good and bad of her day to day, you may like it or not but she doesn't tell you how to live.
respectful greetings from Argentina

LauraDt1's profile photo
LauraDt1
01/13/2024 1:23 p.m.

Diabetes LADA.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.