{'en': 'Do I have prediabetes?', 'es': '¿Tengo Prediabetes?'} Image

Do I have prediabetes?

Ludopatron's profile photo   02/09/2024 11:28 a.m.

Hello good morning!I've been reading you for a while and I have learned a lot.I would like to expose my situation.

I am 35 years old.For a month, I am experiencing hypoglycemia and I don't know where they come from.

I am a athlete and I have been 4 months without going to the gym, in addition to eating very bad (much sweet), until last week I returned to the gym and put the batteries again.

First of all, I want to clarify that I am not obese.I have a lot of muscle mass since I have been training and doing sports for many years, but I have lowered my guard.

Hypoglycemia occur to me, for example, when a simple carbohydrate consumes.My glucose level rises to 180/200 and then goes down quickly (now consume all integral, minimum 70%).

It happened to milk and also after taking 3 hours without eating.Yesterday and today, when I woke up in the morning, I was 67 and 70 in the glucometer, respectively (it is not hip, but almost).

In addition, if I spend a little taking honey to get out of hypoglycemia, my glucose level rises a lot and then hits the downturn.

They made me an abdominal ultrasound and the liver, the pancreas, etc., are fine.

Is this prediabetes?

It sounds that the pancreas excretes too much insulin by having too much blood sugar, correct?

I had never had these symptoms.I have an appointment with the endocrine on March 11.

Thank you!

Ludopatron's profile photo
Ludopatron
02/09/2024 11:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If sugar goes up to 200, you are diabetic.Can we put many labels, but we lack information?
You don't say any medication, but you have a glucometer.
You may be starting a type II.But is it weird ... Have you told you that pancreas reactivated?

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
02/09/2024 4:16 p.m.

juanol said:
If sugar goes up to 200, you are diabetic.Can we put many labels, but we lack information?
You don't say any medication, but you have a glucometer.
You may be starting a type II.But is it weird ... Have you told you that pancreas reactivated?

my results of analytics by the way, they have given them today:

-Glucosa 82
-Insulina 5.20
- Insulin Resistance Index 0.15
- 5% glycosylated hemoglobin (a month ago I had it in 5.20%, it has dropped)

No, it does not rise to 200, with the food that, of course (bread paste, no milk, etc.) with Bolleria, honey, milk and things like that it shoots me but it comes down quickly and gives me hypoglycemia totimes in an hour, sometimes in less, it depends ...

I do not use medication but I have glucometer because my father is diabetic, and I had the doubt that when I had that, that could be sugar downs and so it was ... I probate in his glucometer and I went out to 58, so I bought theown my own.

I have never done that test, what is it?Will it be the same as reactive hypoglycemia?
It conditions me a lot, many things that I can not do now and it is uncomfortable

Ludopatron
02/09/2024 6:32 p.m.

If you have 5 glycosilada you are not diabetic.Eat normal, do not make burged from sweets of sweets, do sports and carefree, because it is not logical to be worried about something that is not.You have already proven the effect of junk food, so you know it has to be an exception.And that's it, to live that it's two days.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/09/2024 8:12 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

That glycosilada is low but with hypoglycemia it is normal, you can "deceive" the glycemia stockings.
With obesity what you have is insulin resistance.If you lose weight and eat well, you will have normoglycemia again

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/09/2024 9:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
that glycosylated is low but with hypoglycemia is normal, you can "deceive" the glycemia stockings.
With obesity what you have is insulin resistance.If you get weight and eat well, you will have normoglycemia again

Hello.What do you mean that ´´ glycosilada is low but with hypoglycemia is normal ''?

I have been sedentary 4 months, for an injury, and eating very bad especially at Christmas sweets .. a week ago that I have returned to the gym I do strength training with high intensity, I don't know, I don't understand I'm very lost ... Of courseThis is a challenge for the endocrine I am going to go

Ludopatron
02/09/2024 9:36 p.m.

ruthbia said:
that glycosylated is low but with hypoglycemia is normal, you can "deceive" the glycemia stockings.
With obesity what you have is insulin resistance.If you get weight and eat well, you will have normoglycemia again

Says it is not obese

isabelbota
02/09/2024 9:57 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
ruthbia said:
that glycosilada is low but with hypoglycemia is normal, you can "deceive" the glycemia stockings.

He says that it is not obese

No, I'm not obese

Ludopatron
02/09/2024 10:29 p.m.

I think he will tell you that you have nothing.
58 In glucometer it does not have to be hypo, because the glucometers have an error of up to 15%.
They will occasionally make you some follow -up analytics, but for now it will not be worrying

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/10/2024 4:37 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I don't know about the subject, but I think you are the opposite of diabetic.
Your pancreas for whatever reason does not make the appropriate adjustments and give you hypoglycemia.It is recommended that you make the same diabetic diet, to avoid the abrupt reaction of the pancreas.
And very carefully with hiccups and cars ... candies in your pocket.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
02/10/2024 11:40 a.m.

It is that I believe that hypoglycemia (mild) have all non -diabetics.They recover alone and that's it.The difference is that in a non -diabetic they do not reach serious.
What happens is that non -diabetics are not measured and do not see them, but downturn after the physical activity that recover with a Coca Cola drink in non -diabetics I have seen many times, it is not uncommon.I don't think that determines anything.

isabelbota
02/10/2024 12:22 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
is that I believe that hypoglycemia (mild) have all non -diabetics.They recover alone and that's it.The difference is that in a non -diabetic they do not reach serious.
What happens is that non -diabetics are not measured and do not see them, but downturn after the physical activity that recover with a Coca Cola drink in non -diabetics I have seen many times, it is not uncommon.I don't think that determines anything.

Well, it may be that before this they gave me hypoglycemia and I did not know since I did not have the glucometer, I have thought about it ... but that of a month so far if I have noticed the symptoms of tachycardia, weakness, ethcetc tipcas of a hypoglycemia, I go to the glucometer I check and it is effectively that .. I have become 45

Ludopatron
02/10/2024 3:15 p.m.

Tell her with a doctor, better if it is endocrine. But don't worry, I changed the pancreas 😅

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
02/10/2024 3:32 p.m.

I have done a test by drinking a 2.4º and 5.5 gr beer of carbohydrates (25 sugar) every 100ml, and it has given me a good hypoglycemia, controlling all the time.

Something happens to me

Ludopatron
02/10/2024 11:09 p.m.

Be careful with alcohol, blocks the release of the glycogen from the liver.And cause hypoglycemia ...
It is very complicated to get out of hypo caused by alcohol.This happens to diabetics and those who are not.
When the effect of alcohol passes, everything that the liver has not released, does it suddenly and causes hyperglycemia.
Drink in moderation.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
02/13/2024 8:17 p.m.

juasolo said:
care with alcohol, blocks the release of the glycogen from the liver.And cause hypoglycemia ...
It is very complicated to get out of hypo caused by alcohol.This happens to diabetics and those who are not.
When the effect of alcohol passes, everything that the liver has not released, does it suddenly and causes hyperglycemia.
Drink in moderation.

Well, I have only that beer at home ... And I left hypoglycemia as I always do;A little honey and then I ate some integral cereals, after doing that already all correct.

So hypoglycemia is due to the fact that the liver is busy metabolizing alcohol right?That had read it, but I was surprised that it happens with just a beer and above 2.4º.

Do you think there would be a problem to have a beer every hour or so?Eating nuts while I drink the beer well?

Ludopatron
02/14/2024 2:20 a.m.

I comment because next month they are the parties of my city, and I am forced to take some beers, the atmosphere invites it and I do not want to die of sadness

Ludopatron
02/14/2024 2:27 a.m.

The topic to drink is to eat at the same time.Nothing should happen to have 3 beers, when you are not even diabetic ...

isabelbota
02/14/2024 7:15 a.m.

You shouldn't have problems with a beer, but you're moving ... eat something.
And consult this with an endocrine.
Those hypoglycemia are not normal.
The family doctor can send you some general analytics, a curve, thyroid analysis ...
In any case it seems nothing to worry, but it is always good that they see it.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
02/14/2024 8:12 a.m.

To me a beer does not produce hiccups, on the contrary I get a lot of blood glucose, both with alcohol and without alcohol

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
02/14/2024 10:04 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.