{'en': 'New member with Lada Diabetes', 'es': 'Nuevo miembro con diabetes LADA'} Image

New member with Lada Diabetes

CarlosMPM's profile photo   04/16/2024 10:21 a.m.

hello!

I am Carlos, 42, I have debuted in 2020 with a diabetes that was first diagnosed as type 2 but soon my diagnosis changed to Lada.
It has been climbing quickly and the sensation is to be in a permanent roller coaster, because there are not two equal days, even repeating the routines, the doses of insulin and even the meals, the glucose does not behave in a predictable way.
2 months ago I used free freestyle 2 and totally changed the way of understanding my diabetes, he threw me a lot of light but also made way for more doubts.
Right now I am with Basal Toujeo (22 units in the morning) and FIASP for meals (6 units at breakfast, 3 to 5 at meals according to what you eat, and for dinner I am not putting insulin and eating light to avoid hypoglycemianocturnal).

I still learn about my diabetes and the feeling that I have to continue learning all my life.
I already read a lot here and I thought it was time to introduce me

Greetings to all

CarlosMPM's profile photo
CarlosMPM
04/16/2024 10:21 a.m.

LADA. Toujeo + Fiasp + Eficib

Welcome @Carlosmpm.I am also Lada and I debuted in 2021. I share what you say that you have to be continuously learning.This forum is very useful in that regard, in addition to feeling accompanied.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
04/16/2024 1:27 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Well, welcome.I debuted like the almost 42 in 2015 .... Something happens at that ages that the body drives.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/16/2024 6:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Carlosmpm said:
Hello!

I am Carlos, 42, I have debuted in 2020 with a diabetes that was first diagnosed as type 2 but soon my diagnosis changed to Lada.
It has been climbing quickly and the sensation is to be in a permanent roller coaster, because there are not two equal days, even repeating the routines, the doses of insulin and even the meals, the glucose does not behave in a predictable way.
2 months ago I used free freestyle 2 and totally changed the way of understanding my diabetes, he threw me a lot of light but also made way for more doubts.
Right now I am with Basal Toujeo (22 units in the morning) and FIASP for meals (6 units at breakfast, 3 to 5 at meals according to what you eat, and for dinner I am not putting insulin and eating light to avoid hypoglycemianocturnal).

I still learn about my diabetes and the feeling that I have to continue learning all my life.
I already read a lot here and I thought it was time to introduce me

Greetings to all

Hello!!!Here tb another lada q tb debuted at 42, if something has to happen at that age, hahaha.At the moment I carry it well, I still only with slow insulin, avoiding eating things that upload the glucose

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
04/16/2024 11:56 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Welcome Carlos!

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/17/2024 7:40 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Another lada around here.Welcome

Arse's profile photo
Arse
04/19/2024 8:55 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Hello,
I am new here, I have been reading a little and in this thread I found it appropriate to release myself.
It seems that mine is also Lada, tomorrow I go to the doctor to see what tells me:-|
At the end of January I began to see blurry and just an analytical for the revision of hyperthyroidism, glucose was in 280 and everything began.
The endocrine that was going did not give much importance, he told me that with a couple of pills, healthy diet and exercise was everything.With that I went home, I started reading and of course, I hallucinated what I came over.
Then I went to another endocrine that told me that I had to start with insulin because: "These diabetes seem to be controlled and suddenly, you put yourself in 300 and go to the ICU."He told me that they had to take me in social security and gave me a report.
In the ambulatory they told me that quiet and that he will wait for the appointment with the endocrine at the Ramón y Cajal hospital, then he has derived me to a Dra of Diabetes 1, to which I go tomorrow.Meanwhile I went to an appointment in the same hospital with the diabetes nurse who told me some "little things" about this: how to prick my fingers, which takes the lancets to the clean point and that this is very complicated and long.He also told me that he was going to be very controlled and accompanied, but the truth, that was at the beginning of April and until the end of May I do not have the following training with her.Everything seems very slow.I see that this is a world and I would have liked to take advantage of these months to give me all the training I need, that according to the nurse, it is a lot.
I am overwhelmed, with fear, sad and the truth, I feel alone.
Is anyone around here in Ramón y Cajal?
Thank you.

Amy's profile photo
Amy
05/07/2024 3:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Amy quiet.It is a long process but it is not alone, here we are a few like you.
I go for the FJD.
The first thing is that they educate you to calculate HC rations to be able to put the insulin.
At first you will need insulin but you may not need on the honeymoon, period until it exhausts the reserve you have in the pancreas.But encouragement, it lasted 18 months.
Animically it is passed through many states, but everything goes out and every day is a challenge achieved.

Ask your doubts, we will try to help you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/07/2024 7:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, thank you very much.I will tell you tomorrow what they tell me, I spend the fatal every time I have to go.
I have a friend who goes to the endocrine in the FJD, not by diabetes, but is very happy, has gone to several workshops and says they work great.
I hope that in the RYC too.

Thanks again.

Amy's profile photo
Amy
05/07/2024 8:11 p.m.

@Amy Your debut is very similar to mine, I had done analytics in March and everything was perfect, in September I started noticing and suddenly I had the glucose to almost 300 on an empty stomach.So I paint that it could be lada.Do not be overwhelmed too much, I know that at the beginning it is like getting on a roller coaster and having to read the instructions with it in progress, but calm down because you are being accompanied by medical personnel.Initially, it is probably managed to control only with basal insulin and some medication.
Try to find an endocrine that inspires you confidence and visit it every 3 months if necessary, I have done it and helped me a lot, not only to control diabetes but also to understand it.

CarlosMPM's profile photo
CarlosMPM
05/09/2024 10:18 a.m.

LADA. Toujeo + Fiasp + Eficib

@Carlosmpm, I am.Yesterday I finally met the DM1 endocrine of the RYC that will take me, I liked it but, I am so overwhelmed with everything.
He told me that at the moment he does not make me insulin because right now I have well controlled diabetes with metformin but this can change at any time, so, if the controls begin to rise, I have to notify them and the normal thing will be that he starts with aLittle insulin in the morning.On the 30th I have another training session with the nurse.
I read many different situations in this forum, I follow many people with experience in all this in networks and truth, waiting to see how my specific case will be, everything seems excessive, endless and exhausting.
Thanks Carlos for writing, I have never intervened in any forum, but, although my family helps me a lot, I think it could be good to have someone who is going through the same as me.I have always been animated and cheerful but right now I find it hard to keep the guy all day.
Thank you so much.

Amy's profile photo
Amy
05/09/2024 11:01 a.m.

@Amy
I understand how you feel.At first it goes very badly, but you will see how you internalize it as something else in your life and you have it in the background.
It is a matter of adapting and knowing oneself.
Here in the forum you can ask what you want.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/09/2024 7:53 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelbota, thank you very much.

Amy's profile photo
Amy
05/09/2024 8:10 p.m.

@Amy, at first the duel is passed, but then life returns to normal.
You are going to have it easier.
Much encouragement!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/10/2024 2:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina.I do not see it but I hope to get used to it, there is no other left.

Amy's profile photo
Amy
05/10/2024 3:43 p.m.

For sure yes.We have all gone through that stage.I after Christmas.What a start of the year, and 9 years later I continue and I would tell you that I have better life than before in some aspects.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/10/2024 4:10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, as I, to get a virus on January 3 and ... prize.

Amy's profile photo
Amy
05/10/2024 4:15 p.m.

I debuted with Lada with 48 years, I've been five.

miguelyc's profile photo
miguelyc
05/12/2024 12:12 p.m.

@Miguellyc, Hello, and how do you carry it?
Today, I woke up fatal, yesterday I had some friends that I did not see since before my debut.Everyone began to ask and I have been fatal because I'm not right.And on top of that you explain something what they tell you: come then you have to encourage you, I know many people who have it and are very good, come that you have nothing.It is not their fault, I did not give me the idea of ​​what this is, but I can't stand it.I don't want to pity me or anything like that, but it's nothing?When there is someone who has depression (for the reason what is) nobody says: come that you have nothing and I don't know if I have it.The same a bit, but nobody thinks this is a reason to have it and have a little touch.
All the best.

Amy's profile photo
Amy
05/12/2024 12:28 p.m.

No one who is not going through this disease will understand you.Almost no day is flat, rather a roller coaster, and that is why it is difficult to explain how, if you were well, now you are "weird."I psychologically carry it well, but since I have a pretty hard work, day to day it is a continuous struggle.I encourage and solve every day as it comes, greetings.

miguelyc's profile photo
miguelyc
05/12/2024 12:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.