{'en': 'Why do people with diabetes feel more heat?', 'es': '¿Por qué las personas con diabetes sienten más calor?'} Image

Why do people with diabetes feel more heat?

fer's profile photo   04/18/2024 9:48 a.m.

vero83 said:
I can be cold, it can be some nervous affectation?

I believe that each person is in one way, do not worry, if you have always been cold is normal.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/09/2024 10:08 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

ruthbia said:
The thermostat has broken since I am diabetic.Before I was cold at all hours, and now I am Doña Calores.

I am that I am already with the hot flashes so ...

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/09/2024 10:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is my first diabetic summer.Since last October I am insulin.

Heat does not affect me as much as years ago.What tires me - in Madrid - is that we have been with these temperatures for several weeks.No waves like other years.

What I have noticed is that I have altered the food-insulin ratio with these temperatures.Both more and less.
Example: The same breakfast with the same insulin, which made me a normal curve, now the same goes to 300 and I have to click or do not go from 140 and I have to eat something to not get in hypoglycemía.And I'm not on vacation yet ...

Grati's profile photo
Grati
08/09/2024 10:21 a.m.

Good morning
It seems to me a very "summery" thread and adequate this one that considers heat.And not because of the heat itself, but by how it affects each other.
I personally need more insulin.Endocrine explanation: in winter, with the cold and with a thin constitution like mine, calories of food are burned to regulate the temperature.Less insulin is needed.Good reasoning, convinces me.I also notice that at this time it takes me faster.
And as I am from the south, from 35 degrees I am like fish out of the water.Bad, I have been bad enough.And that with air conditioning, practically all day: well sunny attic.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
08/09/2024 11:49 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

surprised said:
good morning
It seems to me a very "summery" thread and adequate this one that considers heat.And not because of the heat itself, but by how it affects each other.
I personally need more insulin.Endocrine explanation: in winter, with the cold and with a thin constitution like mine, calories of food are burned to regulate the temperature.Less insulin is needed.Good reasoning, convinces me.I also notice that at this time it takes me faster.
And as I am from the south, from 35 degrees I am like fish out of the water.Bad, I have been bad enough.And that with air conditioning, practically all day: well sunny attic.

All the best.

All day and all night, I am also from the south.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/09/2024 12:36 p.m.

I correct, also at night, as @meginer says.Air conditioning, all day.

Greetings.

Sorprendido
08/09/2024 1:15 p.m.

"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Isabelbota said:
vero83 said:
me vice versa, I have cold, it can be some affectation to the nerves?

I believe that each person is in one way, do not worry, if you have always been cold is normal.

Man always not, but I don't know why I have diabetes for 31 years, I have no memory in that sense, but younger if I endured the cold now not ..

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
08/09/2024 1:45 p.m.

@meginer @sorprende Madrid is already the south too, hahahaha

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
08/09/2024 2:38 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Center of Spain ... A horror, and the north almost.In Soria 37 ° C to die

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/09/2024 4:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, that if following this dialogue of geography and temperatures, we say that almost all of Spain is supporting extreme heat temperatures, and that we, as diabetics, are more sensitive to them.Surely it also affects other patients.
I think that we have set aside the initial reasoning exposed by @Fer, and that I consider important: the affectation of the nerves by poor irrigation, already by the same diabetes or for age.

All the best.

Sorprendido
08/09/2024 4:58 p.m.

Goethe

ruthbia said:
center of Spain ... a horror, and the north almost.In Soria 37 ° C to die

It will seem a lie to you but I would like 37, hehe, with the 43 Q we have lately

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/09/2024 7:28 p.m.

surprised said:
well, what if following with this dialogue of geography and temperatures, we say that almost all of Spain is supporting extreme temperatures of heat, and that we, as diabetics, are more sensitiveto them.Surely it also affects other patients.
I think that we have set aside the initial reasoning exposed by @Fer, and that I consider important: the affectation of the nerves by poor irrigation, already by the same diabetes or for age.

All the best.

Well, I do not suffer the heat to the DB or at least I think or not it is the most influential factor.What happens is that I hate the heat also the heat in the south is not 30 but more than 40y for many months, that is why to joke a little.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/09/2024 7:31 p.m.

surprised said:
well, what if following with this dialogue of geography and temperatures, we say that almost all of Spain is supporting extreme temperatures of heat, and that we, as diabetics, are more sensitiveto them.Surely it also affects other patients.

All the best.

Well, we are talking about heat and diabetes.He who has something to say about the nerves will say it, but we can also comment on how we affect and vent ourselves ... 😊😊

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/09/2024 9:25 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Fear gives me back to Madrid.I am spending some days in Asturias really joyful.I have seen that the prediction for Madrid is heat without truce 14 days.What I am doing bad is that I do not cool at night, it makes me very bad body.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/10/2024 10:59 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Excuse me that I laugh but I read the comments you leave and I agree with almost everyone ...

I have been with diabetes for more than 30 years and I have always said that it is not normal for all the thermometers that I buy that I do not reach 36 degrees, ... In my case it is because of a thyroid issue and my body temperature is lower thanThe "normal" but if it is hot I have to endure the heat and if it is cold and weight 52 kg (quite little chicha) because I am a whopping nose ... but I do not think it is by diabetes, the way in which each oneFeel heat is as variable as people are.

I almost never have a fever but when I have 36.7 I'm already delirious almost ...

I don't like anything, I'm sorry to say so, these "weakening" comments about having diabetes.

I am a little to the hat and apology that I take to vent, that diabetics are always considered weaker, more fragile, because no ... much less also to put that label ourselves.

Yes, it is difficult to live with her sometimes but this suffers more heat ...

HAPPY SUNDAY AND YOU ARE MORTS THE 40 degrees of today (in Madrid, those who live in warmer latitudes, my condolences ...)

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
08/11/2024 4:16 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

grati said:
is my first diabetic summer.Since last October I am insulin.

Heat does not affect me as much as years ago.What tires me - in Madrid - is that we have been with these temperatures for several weeks.No waves like other years.

What I have noticed is that I have altered the food-insulin ratio with these temperatures.Both more and less.
Example: The same breakfast with the same insulin, which made me a normal curve, now the same goes to 300 and I have to click or do not go from 140 and I have to eat something to not get in hypoglycemía.And I'm not on vacation yet ...

Heat affects insulin.If you put the insulin and then give yourself a hot shower it will absorb faster and if you get cold then, the other way around, it also depends where.If the insultin is heated more than 30 degrees spoils or works less, let's say it loses efficiency so it is working at 80% 70% ... or less, who knows, so having it refrigerated.

But that is an issue because with heat blood vessel

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
08/11/2024 4:26 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

I have proven at least for me, that if I am in hyperglycemia, I have much more heat than normal.In Hipo, the opposite!This does not happen to anyone?

mrastra's profile photo
mrastra
08/11/2024 5:28 p.m.

Hello this of the heat that affects the diabetics more, I do not know where they have taken it from.I have been 40 years and it affects me the same what happens is that every year makes climate change every year.Also because of the heat that is absorbed before insulin makes some sense and that you have hyperglycemia because insulin has lost effectiveness for heat that has happened to me.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
08/11/2024 9:20 p.m.

Good, I always sweat sweated in times of heat, I don't remember that it is X diabetes (28 years old, with 52 age)
Rather, I always endured the heat because of that sweat that "refresca" ... despite the shirt is soaked!🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️At less my feeling.

RobFaber's profile photo
RobFaber
08/11/2024 11:22 p.m.

Ami cooled my feet and nose hahaha is not a joke huh?I'm dressed in summer but at home I go with wool socks and I'm rubbing my nose to try to heat it.
And if since I am diabetics I am Doña Calores.

_vane_'s profile photo
_vane_
08/22/2024 2:56 a.m.

Diagnosticada diabetes tipo 1 hace dos años.
Sin páncreas.
40 unit Tresiba en la noche, y humalog a demanda (que es mucha) Metformina 500 mañana y noche.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.