{'en': 'Several questions about Freestyle 2', 'es': 'Varias preguntas sobre el Freestyle 2'} Image

Several questions about Freestyle 2

comotu's profile photo   04/30/2024 4:58 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am 50 years old and I am diabetics 35 years ago.I've been with the sensor for about 5 months, I am happy, but I have some questions about its use in summer ...
How is it going to bathe, you can only 30 minutes and then how long do you have to be out of the water?And if one is more time to happen?
The sun is no problem?Does nothing affect?
Are there cases that the sensor takes off?I found some stickers on the glucody page, do you use them or are not you need?In summer you sweat more, bathe and things like this ...
Can the sensor be applied to the thigh or only in the arms?
And to travel those of replacement, do you have to take them on?
greetings

comotu's profile photo
comotu
04/30/2024 4:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I bathe more than 30 minutes and I have not had problems. The sun is no problem I have been put in gluteIt does not mean that it once takes off, but in that case Abbot changes it without problem. Calculate the time you are going to be out and take the ones you will need +1 in case something happens.

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
04/30/2024 5:40 p.m.

I subscribe what @diabestico.
I always take it in the buttock and without problems.
If you are a long time in the sun, I got the "very hot sensor" message, wait 10 minutes.The same with the cold.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/30/2024 5:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

But do you always take it in gluteo or change the areas?Be a gluteo, arm, thigh?The nurse has told me only my arms, I did not know that in the gluteans you can put too.
Traveling I was referring to the plane, if you have to take them on or can be put in the suitcase, when it is not hand luggage ...

comotu's profile photo
comotu
04/30/2024 9:39 p.m.

@comotu I have bathed with them more than 30 ', I have diving, I have sunbathe ... And without problems in that aspect.
To me having it more exposed yes that has taken me off, or I have hit him.Although now it is true that they come with a stronger glue, I use patches that I buy in Amazon but there are in thousands of sites and with that ... what they throw me!I am more calm like that.

Link

As for the trips, because like everything ... I always carry one "in case", and needles, and it is already peronel glucometer with strips and lancetas ... just like insulin, or glucagon.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
04/30/2024 10:54 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

how said:

At first I carried it on the arm but there I have had hooks and takeoffs, so I opt for gluteo as many people in the forum and I always put it there

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
04/30/2024 11:39 p.m.

I alternate right gluteus, then left, and put it from right to left, rotating from the center of the back to the outside.

Also the one tested in the leg, at the height of the front pockets, measures well but I find it more uncomfortable.

For the plane, it is better for spare with you, more than anything in case you lose your suitcase.(Also insulin spare parts, lancetas and strips)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/01/2024 7:30 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Above all the most important is to hit it well when putting it.Clean well with alcohol the area.And when he hit it a little pressure for 20-30 seconds, and without problems.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
05/01/2024 8:19 a.m.

The SS gives you some patches of 3m tegaderm, that you put them on top and you can shower, cross the La Mancha channel swimming or whatever you want.They never detach.The only caution before putting them in having the area clean, without cream traces.The most practical thing is to pass a cotton soaked in alcohol.What seems strange to me is that you don't know them.Nor is it so dramatic to be diabetic.You just have to assume it, know the limitations and live with it a lot of encouragement!

sinacio's profile photo
sinacio
05/06/2024 12:20 p.m.

I used to put patches, but for a year and a half it is no longer necessary, now they hit very well, I am also one of those who puts it in the buttock, it measures very well and you have no blow to it, it is very comfortable, theof the plane, just like the bolis, role of the doctor saying that I am diabetic, and specifying what I carry, and of course, always with me, in a transparent bags, bowls and a sensor or two depends on time, greetings

pamagic's profile photo
pamagic
05/06/2024 1:04 p.m.

asu said:
hello all, I'm 50 years old and I'm diabetics 35 years ago.I've been with the sensor for about 5 months, I am happy, but I have some questions about its use in summer ...
How is it going to bathe, you can only 30 minutes and then how long do you have to be out of the water?And if one is more time to happen?
The sun is no problem?Does nothing affect?
Are there cases that the sensor takes off?I found some stickers on the glucody page, do you use them or are not you need?In summer you sweat more, bathe and things like this ...
Can the sensor be applied to the thigh or only in the arms?
And to travel those of replacement, do you have to take them on?
greetings

Link style = "max-width:300px;

There are experiences of all kinds, mine is not good: in summer I take off the sensor with sweat.When I wear a new sensor I do it with the air conditioning on, I clean my arm with alcohol and let it dry.With my arm very dry I wear it and I'm still a good time.If I don't put anything on top of holding it, just moving around the house, with fresh air, I already perspire a little and the sensor falls, and Abbot makes me a lot of problem to replace it.

If I bathe without protector, I also fall, so without protector I don't bathe, and I take it with great care.I don't sunbathe, so I don't know.

Another story is the protector ... they also take off.What endures me best is a wide tape that covers everything, but imagine how "beautiful" it is, and it does not last for 15 days is the tape, it takes off through the edges, the glue becomes blackish that looks like red, theBorders ... and finally with the daily shower it ends up taking off and sometimes the sensor is carried, because if I put cotton between the tape and the sensor is fat and the piece of tape I have to put it even bigger.A stick, come on ...

Another option is to put a band of remove and put that surrounds the entire arm, but to me, that I am very hot is very hot.

I tried to wear the sensor in my thigh, as I have been able to see that there are people who wear it.I made sure that I was well stuck, and I went down to the store under my house to buy Coca Cola, which was over, about 10 minutes later at home, I went to the bathroom and there I realized that I was no longer carryingThe sensor.I looked at home, in the landing, in the elevator ... I did not find it, it had to fall in the 20 meters of street for which I walked, or in the store, there I no longer looked.Of course Abbot didn't replace it.

Another day I tried in the buttock, go, in the upper part of the buttock, as they explain here, and it also fell, so the heat comes and I do not know what I am going to do.

To travel I always carry with me all the diabetic material, never in the luggage I have.

I am not helping.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/06/2024 4:32 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

@Emily Have you tried the physiotherapy tape?

To me the tape, Amazon patches and others took away right away and the physio tape is doing very well.I last for 14 days.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/06/2024 5:39 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

The SS gives you some patches of 3m tegaderm, that you put them on top and you can shower, cross the channel of the stain swimming or whatever you want.They never detach.The only caution before putting them in having the area clean, without cream traces.The most practical thing is to pass a cotton soaked in alcohol.What seems strange to me is that you don't know them.Nor is it so dramatic to be diabetic.You just have to assume it, know the limitations and live with it a lot of encouragement!

No, of course it is not so dramatical to be diabetic, I just asked about the experiences of others with the sensor, because I don't have them ...

comotu's profile photo
comotu
05/06/2024 9:28 p.m.

Emily, I am very sorry for your experience ... I hope you do well, I'm going to spend the first summer with the sensor so I can't help you.I have only been winter, so I ask how it works in the summer and I did not know that it can be put in gluteos, thighs, the nurse has not told me any of this.Luck

comotu's profile photo
comotu
05/06/2024 9:34 p.m.

@comotu Hi!I don't know where you live and how is the management of defective patches in your area, but I advise you to never say (if you test) that you use the sensor in another area other than the arm.Abbott directly indicates that it only guarantees the efficacy of the sensor in the arm ...

SilviaGRZ
05/06/2024 10:21 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

@Emily go slaughter with the sensors.
It occurs to me that you contact Abbott to see what solutions can give you.
Not only by sweat, the skin also secretes fat that takes off the sensors.
Does the endocrine tell you that it is normal?There are people who, due to excess of a hormone, secrete excess sweat and fat, control it with pills.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/07/2024 12:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

sherpa41 said:
@emily have you tried the physiotherapy tape?

To me the tape, Amazon patches and others took away right away and the physio tape is doing very well.I last for 14 days.

I haven't tried that but it's very striking, right?

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/08/2024 12:09 a.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.

ruthbia said:
@emily go slaughter with sensors.
It occurs to me that you contact Abbott to see what solutions can give you.
Not only by sweat, the skin also secretes fat that takes off the sensors.
Does the endocrine tell you that it is normal?There are people who, due to excess of a hormone, secrete excess sweat and fat, control it with pills.

Well, I have not commented with the endocrine, it has not occurred to me ...: o

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/08/2024 12:13 a.m.

emily said:
sherpa41 said:

I have not tried that but it is very striking, right?

Yes it is.But it is more beautiful than the tape.

And I carry the sensor in the swamp at the height of the pocket, so it is not seen, or on the beach.

Although on the beach I also put on the 3M of Tegaderm so that the physio tape does not get wet.

(I only put the physio tape to the sensors that I see that they have little stick, that is when it starts to take off through the edges)

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/08/2024 1:46 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

emily said:
sherpa41 said:

I have not tried that but it is very striking, right?

There is kinesiological tape (the fisios) flesh color.
I tried and nothing ...
Each one is doing well.I use the patches that are round ... and since then phenomenal, it costs me until they are removed on the 14th day.Of course, in summer, I stay "Rodales" if I'm getting brunette 🤣

SilviaGRZ
05/08/2024 10:03 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.