{'en': 'How does life expectancy affect life expectancy?', 'es': '¿Cómo afecta a la esperanza de vida un mal control de la diabetes?'} Image

How does life expectancy affect life expectancy?

fer's profile photo   04/10/2024 11:26 a.m.

Diabetes can be controlled with adequate treatment, but it can also have devastating consequences if it does not maintain properly, it is not necessary to be perfect, but always out of range seriously impacts our health.

Lack of attention in glucose controls can significantly reduce life expectancy.How many years can a person with poorly careful diabetes live?

A study conducted by the Baker IDE Institute for the heart and diabetes (Australia) determined that the life expectancy of the patients studied was 68.8 years.That was about 12.2 years less than the general population.Experts in charge of the analysis indicate that the results can be applied to the rest of the western countries.

Badly controlled diabetes can lead to a series of serious complications that directly affect longevity and quality of life.

People with diabetes have a higher risk of cardiovascular diseases, view problems, diabetic neuropathy, kidney failure, among other conditions.They can even face the risk of diabetic coma or death if blood sugar levels are not controlled.

It is essential to differentiate between the types of diabetes.While type 1 diabetes requires urgent treatment due to the rapid progression of its symptoms, type 2 diabetes can go unnoticed for years, which leads to latest diagnoses and more serious complications.

For type 2 diabetes, the reduction in life expectancy is approximately 6 years.This places the life expectancy of a Spaniard with diabetes in 79.1 years for men and 73.6 years for women, figures significantly lower than those of the general population.

Make the effort to bring good control, it will be compensated for more years of life, from here I encourage you all to take it as well as possible!

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
04/10/2024 11:26 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It also greatly influences, if the country has a public or private health system.
Australia seems to be a good example.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/11/2024 1:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Not only that, it also influences the quality of life, that it is worth living 90 years if you are half blind and with an amputated foot

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
04/12/2024 12:23 p.m.

@Juansolo, what happens in Australia?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/12/2024 5:12 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

From what I see in the article, the life expectancy of a diabetic is to cry.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/12/2024 7:43 p.m.

Only if it is poorly controlled.

In general, I think it will always be worse than a completely healthy person, but I also tell you, how many people reach those ages without any health problem?

fer's profile photo
fer
04/12/2024 7:56 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I referred to Australia.
The worst health in a country, the worst life expectancy.
A diabetic needs a diabetologíca education and a monitoring for life.In places where sick people go first to the supermarket to buy medications, instead of going to the doctor ... the quality of life and duration of it, are minors.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/12/2024 8:14 p.m.

@Juansolo, but what health is in Australia?What system do they have?
That is what I wanted to ask you, I have no idea how it is.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/12/2024 11:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I do not know Australia, but I believe for the mortality so high that it will be like in the USA.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/13/2024 12:02 a.m.

@Juansolo, of course the health system is basic.Having a good medical monitoring, with the latest advances, and being able to access treatments that would otherwise be impossible.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/13/2024 8:24 p.m.

The problem is that with money in the country, good attention is achieved.But in a first world country like Australia, life expectancy was very low and that indicates that health does not reach the vast majority of the population.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/13/2024 11:03 p.m.

Or that the population instead of paying medical insurance does not worry, and when it is too late.There are many like that.
In Australia there is no public health, it is private.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/14/2024 3:14 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Private insurance excludes certain diseases.That is why it is so important to have and take care of public health.

Diegoc's profile photo
Diegoc
04/14/2024 4:56 p.m.

Hello everyone about the reduction of life mirante already knew.We would have to ask for early retirement for type I diabetics at 55a with 100% the figures speak I do not want to retire at 67 and the following year palmarla.Young people do not worry because you see it far but I think we should do something the money that saves my pension should compensate for me before with early retirement.There I leave it.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
04/14/2024 5:07 p.m.

I have been for days or rather than a time that the head is spinning, since they took mild diabetic neuropathy I see the darker things and of course with the feeling that I have already started to decline, I see people who say they haveconsequences of diabetes and I do not see them "so bad" it is clear that with insulin bombs the thing has improved a lot but that there is what we had before among those that we have been evolving so many years? ??, was it a lottery to know how muchYou had at a certain moment, the biggest problem I do not see in which things come out but there is no solution for them, discouragement of total, there are days that I feel that I cannot with my soul

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
04/15/2024 9:42 a.m.

vero83 said:
I have beenthat I have already started to decline, I see people who say they have consequences of diabetes and I do not see them "so bad" it is clear that with insulin bombs the thing has improved a lot but that there is what we had before among which we carriedSo many years of evolution?/Blockquote>

A mild neuropathy, it is not to worry too much, it may even be good control, you get it.
There is also specific medication, which there was not before.
You just have to take care of yourself and have a lot of fun 😃

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/15/2024 11:51 a.m.

juasolo said:
vero83 said:
precisely I have been for days or rather than a time that the head is spinning, since they got me slight diabetic neuropathy I seeThe darkest things and of course with the feeling that I have already started to decline, I see people who say they have consequences of diabetes and do not see them "so bad" it is clear that with insulin bombs the thing has improvedMuch but that there is what we had before among which we have been evolving so many years?Total, there are days that I feel that I can't with my soul

A mild neuropathy, it is not to worry too much, it may even be good control, you get it.

I take care of myself a little or everything I can, I have been less than 7 a 6.5, .6.4, the last one I don't know how it is true that I feel worse, perhaps to go around my head, it doesn't help

As for medication I don't know but I don't know the scope of that "slight" and the consequences that this medication can have

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
04/15/2024 12:22 p.m.

Ah, the wonderful experience of living with type 1 diabetes itself is only the tip of the iceberg, because the real challenge is to see how your immune system decides to play 'I will destroy you'.And of course, not only is he content to attack the poor pancreas cells, but also puts into other vital aspects.Treatments?Ah, yes, those magical palliative medications that will accompany us for life or substitutes not to go too soon to the other neighborhood (at least not yet).I enclose an article from El País that describes, in an ironically eloquent way, how research seeks alternatives to insulin.What do we have now?Ah, yes, an immunosuppressive medication, with all its 'lovely' side effects, which opens a world of possibilities beyond just controlling blood sugar.What exciting!-width: 300px;Height: Auto; "/>

NEKgatoDULCE's profile photo
NEKgatoDULCE
04/15/2024 12:58 p.m.

vero83 said:
juance said:
vero83 said:
vero83 said:

I take care of myself a little or everything I can, I have been less than 7 a 6.5, .6.4, the last one I don't know how it is true that I feel worse, perhaps to go around my head, it doesn't help

As for medication I don't know but I don't know the scope of that "slight" and the consequences that this medication can have

What type of neuropathy is it?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
04/15/2024 5:01 p.m.

diabetic said:
vero83 said:
juansolo said:
juansolo said:
vero83 said:
vero83 said:
vero83 said:
vero83 said:
I have been for days or rather than a time that the head is spinning, since they took mild diabetic neuropathy I see the darker things and of course with the feeling that I have already begun to decline, I see people whoThey say they have consequences of diabetes and I do not see them "so bad" it is clear that with insulin bombs the thing has improved a lot but that there is what we had before among which we have been evolving so many years?Knowing how much you had at a certain moment, the biggest problem I do not see in which things come out but that there is no solution for them, total discouraged, there are days that I feel that I cannot with my soul

What type of neuropathy is?

I think it was mild diabetic neuropathy, and I remember if I put peripheral or to read so much about it I am inventing it to what I do not have

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
04/15/2024 5:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.