{'en': 'Have I put insulin?', 'es': '¿Me he puesto la insulina?'} Image

Have I put insulin?

Sorprendido's profile photo   05/19/2024 11:13 a.m.

Good morning everyone
I see that there are solutions for all tastes.The solution that @Tonino points out, to foresee the number of punctures, does not convince me.I am one of those who use the same needle several times.Economy issue, even if it is not right.
It would be desirable for these types of feathers to speak, both @pramtru, and @ensalada, and @silviagrz were standardized/universalized, for their corresponding cartridges in the same normalized way and in different insulins.But maybe it was something antieconomic for the laboratories themselves.
Anyway I see that this pen is Novonordisk.
In my case, I could try for Tresiba, but getting this insulin for me, is something already angry: continuous visas of recipes and medical reports to mutuality.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
05/27/2024 12:29 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

@Sorprendido forgives me to put me ... surely you know ... but don't reuse the needles.
First because the liquid volume of insulin may not be adequate ... and second because you do not know every time you click how the needle stays (the microscope is incredible, look for photos), it can cause infections, lipodisteopia ... alsoof the consequent pain in the injection.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
05/27/2024 2:59 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
@surprised forgive me ... sure you know ... but do not reuse the needles.
First because the liquid volume of insulin may not be adequate ... and second because you do not know every time you click how the needle stays (the microscope is incredible, look for photos), it can cause infections, lipodisteopia ... alsoof the consequent pain in the injection.

And the risk of infection because sterilization can

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/27/2024 8:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
silviagrz said:
@surprised forgive that it puts me ... sure you know ... but do not reuse the needles.

And the risk of infection because sterilization can

As with the lancetas then ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/27/2024 8:57 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I have said it ironic because it clashes a lot that in the forum there are many people who change the needle every time it is click but then reuse the lancet until months.In both cases it is sterile and once used cease to be.
That is why I go in the same line with both.I use a lancet per day, although I click more than once and a needle for the slow and another for the fast per day.Because I think that by reusing the needle or lanceta, nothing happens, but because of the sterilization I do not want to do it beyond 24 hours.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/27/2024 9:07 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.