{'en': 'Have I put insulin?', 'es': '¿Me he puesto la insulina?'} Image

Have I put insulin?

Sorprendido's profile photo   05/19/2024 11:13 a.m.

Good morning everyone

I think it is something that will have happened to us all.I open this issue, ignoring if it has been commented, because lately it happens to me more often and creates an added problem.

With the pen at the table, and the mind wandering into a thousand things, it's time to eat and I don't know if I have put insulin.

I opt for the way in the middle: I put half of the usual dose and I hope.

It is the least bad option for the problem that has been created.I speak of fast insulin.

Another topic, maybe worse, is to confuse insulins.Fast dose, at the time of the basal.When I fall in the account, on a total guard, continuous readings, always at home and near the kitchen.

And this is to be in what you have to be, every day it costs more.

Happy Sunday to everyone.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
05/19/2024 11:13 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Hi @Sortido as I told you in another thread ... I think that unfortunately this has happened to us all ...
In the end it is such an act that we get confused ... It is something we do every day, and in the end ... we do not know if we have punctured, if it was yesterday because you are doing exactly the same ...
Or even salts from your routine, you do something out of the ordinary and forget it ...

I advise you what I told you:

-Al always apply it in the freestyle app.Slide to take the habit.The time and dose.And point to HC rations.
To the PPO.It is a roll, but then, like everything, you automate it.(You look at how much you have, you click and point it. Everything in one).
That also helps you leave a record that sometimes for certain consultations and such is fine.And you also know, if you have to correct, when you can do it ... since it allows you to calculate when you did it ...

-You are the endocrine and send you an intelligent pen ... but it depends on the insulin you use, you can use it or not ...

-Algo very shabby: keep the needle with which you have punctured and undo, until the end of the day.If you doubt, you just have to see how many needles you have decapuchadas ...
At the end of the day, the strips.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
05/19/2024 11:24 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Twice I have confused insulin and had to go to the emergency room.
While we put insulin we are in other things, and then we don't know if we have put it on.I think it has happened to us all.
It works for me to say it high, swept it: Green Boli 14 units.Sometimes I do it aloud others, mentally.So the head is what it has to be :)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/20/2024 9:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I recommend always pointing it in the mobile notes.

It is very fast and comfortable.You can also have a widget on the main screen where to see the last punctures.

I always have it under the freestyle widget and thus easily calculate how the glucose curve will go.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/20/2024 9:47 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Repeated

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/20/2024 9:52 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

The truth is that it is not a trivial issue, and over the years, forgetfulness or confusion with insulins can be quite serious.Let us think that simple insulin confusion can lead us to emergency, when the number of units at stake is important.
Thanks to @Silviagrz, @anaisabel and @Sherpa41 for your "solutions/tricks", for this problem.Ideas from each other are already taken and I will improve.Of course, I advance in case it serves someone, that I have my particular block of notes in a paper booklet next to their "boli".Technology and I didn't just congenize much.

All the best.

Sorprendido
05/21/2024 12:07 p.m.

"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

@Sorprendido, I also use the notebook, I point when I start sensor, when I go up or slowly, and only two or three days.I've been like this and my notebook continues with me;)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/21/2024 3:19 p.m.

The electronic pen is very good for that.He tells you how much and how long did you put it on.I am very clueless, in fact I consider myself up and it is an insecurity not to know how many units you have put yourself or simply if you have put yourself.
With the slow I have fewer problems;I have an alarm and I almost always put the same amount.
But the rapid, between the waiting time, the calculation of HC and the decision of how much to put on you, is unvoyable.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/23/2024 9:30 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Ensalada, electronic pen is the same as @silviagrz?And if so you can give me any more data about it, for example.insulins with which it can be used?I imagine that they will be those that you can get independent cartridges.

All the best.

Sorprendido
05/23/2024 10:52 a.m.

Goethe

If you see that you go up the glucose is that you have not put it ... you click and ready.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
05/23/2024 11:15 a.m.

As a rule of walking at home, it is very good, I have even done it.But it is about avoiding, if possible, these rapid sugar increases after food, those increases that are the ones that do doctors damage our little capillaries.All of hearing.

All the best.

Sorprendido
05/23/2024 11:30 a.m.

Goethe

I, until now, I have never forgotten to prick.What has happened to me and that is why you say, for having the head in other things is: purge the pen and not put the amount to be injected.With which, I punish me but without insulin and my head thinks that everything is fine.When I see that I arrive at 190 I realize that something has failed and I purge and adjust the correct dose.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
05/24/2024 9:22 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

I think that in the end, the solution for forgetfulness, with more years or less, is to pull imagination, look for personal tricks, whether with technology or without it.What is true is that over the years one becomes more forgetful, and whether the dose is forgotten or the insulin is wrong, the matter can complicate a little more life.

All the best.

Sorprendido
05/24/2024 12:04 p.m.

Goethe

It happened to me, click the lantus twice and have to enter.
Since I have the pump, one of the advantages is that you see if you put the bolus or not

titimartinez's profile photo
titimartinez
05/26/2024 12:17 p.m.

As I also happened to me sometimes, in the end I decided to look for a solution and I stayed with this.
Every night when I put on the last dose of Tresiba I leave the four needles prepared on the table.When I use them.Then just looking at the needles that remain at the table I already realize if I put it on it or not.
Thus I have solved that problem that due to my memory problems had originated many doubts not always well resolved,
Greetings.

tonino's profile photo
tonino
05/26/2024 3:58 p.m.

The best solution, as you have signed up, are smart feathers.I use:
Link
And they have given it to me in the SS of Madrid.
When you are going to click and tell you how much of the last puncture and how many you did.
It is also synchronized with the freeLink app
Since I use it, I haven't stayed with doubt again.

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
05/26/2024 9:59 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

@Pramtru, I don't know if it is for Toujeo.
Can't you close with the needle on?Do you have to put new needle at home?
I seemed to see yes ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/27/2024 4:06 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I use Tresiba for the slow one, but I have 2 smart feathers, one for the slow and one for the fast.Anyway, insulin is supplied in cartridges that I don't know if they are universal.

If you can close with the needle on, although they recommend changing it, of course: Smile:

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
05/27/2024 8:32 a.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

surprised said:
@salad, electronic pen is the same as @silviagrz?And if so you can give me any more data about it, for example.insulins with which it can be used?I imagine that they will be those that you can get independent cartridges.

Greetings.

The Red goes with Fiasp and the Green with Tresiba (they look like Neo's pills,: D: D)
That is what they told me in Social Security;I don't know if other cartridges will be compatible with the pen.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/27/2024 9:59 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Sortidido yes, it is the same.I just know Novonordisk, really.
There are not for all insulins yet ... I know for Tresiba and for Fiaps.
The pen they give you in the endocrine, although it can be bought (but it is very expensive).
Vials must prescribe them and stay (at least in Madrid) on the electronic card.Purchases in the pharmacy like any medication.
Now they have given me a new one, which has NFC, and passes the data to the Freestyle app.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
05/27/2024 11:18 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.