{'en': 'Insulin Bombs Social Security', 'es': 'Bombas de insulina Seguridad Social'} Image

Insulin Bombs Social Security

Mikel01's profile photo   04/30/2024 4:02 p.m.

Hello!

After many years with diabetes in tow, I am considering going to a bomb.

They offered it to me in the endocrine in his day but I rejected it for various reasons (mainly for having a 24/7 catheter connected to the body).

My question is fast, do you know what models are financing today?

Especially in the Basque Country, which is where I am from.I have the consultation with the endocrine shortly, but I would like to go somewhat informed before asking them the issue.

I do not know if there is something like the Omnipod (which I do not know if it is marketed in Spain) that is all one and stagnant between what they offer in the SS (Osakidetza in this case).

Anyone who knows about it?Thank you!

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
04/30/2024 4:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am against the bombs, because the catheter do not make me funny.I know there are pumps without catheter that say they are very good and small ... we will have to see them.Maybe they convince me 😊

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/30/2024 9:31 p.m.

Another thing that is very good with the theme of the pumps is the artificial pancreas ... a special app that combines the pump and the sensor.
They are developed by Diabetics associations of the USA.
Not by laboratories and say that it is going well.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
04/30/2024 9:34 p.m.

juansolo said:
Another thing that is very good with the theme of the pumps is the artificial pancreas ... a special app that combines the pump and the sensor.

Yeah!I am right now informing me about all this and the truth is that it looks good.

But I do not finish understanding how it is possible that a bomb, without human intervention, detects that you have eaten something and get you not have a very high peak.If I puncture when the sensor detects that it is uploading to me, it is already too late;Insulin is not so fast.

And yes, I would definitely want a pump without catheter, like the Omnipod, but I don't know if it is subsidized here, that's why I asked.Let's see if someone knows it :)

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
05/01/2024 5:24 p.m.

juansolo said:

Where can I look for more information on this topic?In the long run it can be a very good option.

ToniLucia's profile photo
ToniLucia
05/01/2024 7:16 p.m.

From what I know, you have to tell the app the rations you eat to make insulin calculation.In the end the system is adapted to you.I have seen a girl with him and was always in a perfect range.
It has many advantages but I think it is still in diapers.And quite possibly with AI, it should be like an artificial pancreas of truth.
We have to get much more information, I suppose we will have to look at a search engine and make the translation.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
05/01/2024 8:23 p.m.

tonilucia said:
June said:
another thing that is very good with the theme of the pumps is the artificial pancreas ... a special app that combinesThe pump and the sensor.

Where can I look for more information on this topic?In the long run it can be a very good option.

Everything I have seen is in English, but there is a lot of documentation.From what I see there are different applications and methods, depending on whether you use Android or iOS:

Link

I have seen this in Spanish:
Link

But I suppose that in this same forum there will be more info too.

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
05/02/2024 12:25 p.m.

Hi, Mikel!They just put the Insulin Microb, ACCU-Chek alone, without cables.I am in Asturias.And here I am in full test, to see how the experience.

Warholismo's profile photo
Warholismo
05/03/2024 10:06 p.m.

warholism said:
hello, mikel!They just put the Insulin Microb, ACCU-Chek alone, without cables.I am in Asturias.And here I am in full test, to see how the experience.

That and the omnipod are the only one without a tube, right?
Good, I hope you do well!

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
05/04/2024 9:28 a.m.

Good, in Gipuzkoa they gave me to choose between 3 bombs, and I have the Tandem.Indeed, the pump must be given the information of the rations that you eat so that insulin brings you;In addition to that some ratios are calculated and that is putting it on you without which you realize

iua31's profile photo
iua31
05/05/2024 12:14 p.m.

Iua31 said:
good, in Gipuzkoa they gave me to choose between 3 bombs, and I have the tandem.Indeed, the pump must be given the information of the rations that you eat so that insulin brings you;In addition to that some ratios are calculated and that is putting it on you without which you realize

Thank you!The Tandem T: Slim X2?
And what were the other 2 that they offered you?

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
05/05/2024 12:30 p.m.

Hello!33 years I have been with DT1 and I have never wanted bomb but this last time I am going around and I think I will accept it because finally what they offer me it seems better to go with sensor and bowl.
My endocrine has spoken to me the MyLife YPSOPump a pump connected to a sensor and with artificial intelligence that could avoid the nocturnal hypos and that is learning the needs of the pscious.
The catheter continues to throw me back and the fact of carrying a "little pot" in tow all day but I think it is finally a good option

rosanriv's profile photo
rosanriv
05/05/2024 12:34 p.m.

Hello!I am from Vitoria and they offered me an action of Check or that of Medtronic and I chose that of Medtronic because the other seemed more cumbersome.I hope it helps you :)

Yoyi's profile photo
Yoyi
05/05/2024 1:01 p.m.

Good morning.I have been diabetic for 40 years and I have not wanted bomb until I could handle it from the phone with AAPS five years ago (I have been sensor for 10, at first Dexcom until social security began to finance free 2, which is the one that is the one that is the one that is the one that is the one that is the one that is theI have now).The bomb is an Insight accu-check.

AAPS is responsible for correcting the increases and stopping the injection if it detects decreases (an eye that is not miraculous. Insulin takes to take effect, and depend on the sensor readings, which are not exact many times).You have to compile the application yourself, the learning period is long, and you have to give the system many data before it starts working (it is not artificial intelligence, they are not learning, they are algorithms. Possibly you should correct some parameters to adjust it better...

What really differentiates AAPS is that it is developed by a lot of volunteers who go far from the pharmaceutical industry (doctors and computer, with and without diabetes, for which security is above everything - hence the period ofLong learning -), which make it available to everyone and, for me very important, that can be handled from any Android phone without having another device, it can even be handled from the clock.Of course, it doesn't work with any bomb.

It is not the panacea but I think it is better than the rest of the systems.They offered me Diabelop (Insight+Dexcom G6) and I preferred to keep AAPS.

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
05/05/2024 1:30 p.m.

mikel01 said:
warholism said:
hello, mikel!They just put the Insulin Microb, ACCU-Chek alone, without cables.I am in Asturias.And here I am in full test, to see how the experience.

I don't know if there is any more, the truth is that I am not very put.Yes I can say that the experience is being good in details such as the configuration of basal insulin, now I have much more constant blood glucose, because slow insulin was not especially flat.The accuracy of the calculations it does when you put the hydrates is also great.And now trying to regulate for the effect of ALBA, which is also impossible to control.

The worst thing is to feel that pot stuck all day, I think that is what overwhelms me.I hope you carry it better when you put it.😁

Warholismo
05/05/2024 6:33 p.m.

Hi @mikel01 and @warholismo
I have only more than four years ago and I am delighted.
I also threw myself back to carry the catheter hanging and others and I put a bomb just because it was without catheter.
It is true that, diabetes is sometimes governed by quite exact parameters and sometimes it is a despiporre!If you add an electronic device, it is already for bingo because sometimes (few) it is obstructed or the dose is taken away or the dose etc.
With everything they are counted occasions and you learn (to have replacement everywhere or take everything in any exit that you do not sleep at home for the dreaded just in case).
In any case I recommend it 100%

Lakarme's profile photo
Lakarme
05/05/2024 7:58 p.m.

@Lakar me thank you very much for sharing your experience, encourages to continue testing this system 🙂

Warholismo
05/05/2024 9:37 p.m.

Antonio200 said:
good morning.I have been diabetic for 40 years and I have not wanted bomb until I could handle it from the phone with AAPS five years ago (I have been sensor for 10, at first Dexcom until social security began to finance free 2, which is the one that is the one that is the one that is the one that is the one that is the one that is theI have now).The bomb is an Insight accu-check.

AAPS is responsible for correcting the increases and stopping the injection if it detects decreases (an eye that is not miraculous. Insulin takes to take effect, and depend on the sensor readings, which are not exact many times).You have to compile the application yourself, the learning period is long, and you have to give the system many data before it starts working (it is not artificial intelligence, they are not learning, they are algorithms. Possibly you should correct some parameters to adjust it better...

What really differentiates AAPS is that it is developed by a lot of volunteers who go far from the pharmaceutical industry (doctors and computer, with and without diabetes, for which security is above everything - hence the period ofLong learning -), which make it available to everyone and, for me very important, that can be handled from any Android phone without having another device, it can even be handled from the clock.Of course, it doesn't work with any bomb.

It is not the panacea but I think it is better than the rest of the systems.They offered me diabeloop (insight+dexcom g6) and I preferred to stay with AAPS.

Good bomb.Damn the time they put the diabeloop ysopump.But of course, new contract and now to deal with Diabeloop's travelers and endorse their merchandise (they didn't give me option).
None is the panacea (they do not avoid 100%hypers or hypers; not even 80%; there are a lot of factors. They make you very aware of them, when it should be the other way around, that you will forget ...Not as they sell it or in the % that we want us to create) but the insight is the best I have had.Dabelop limited in mobiles (they invite you to buy you a expensive one, with the roll of what price you put to your health ........... so that then, the first update stops going as it should;I know several cases).
And the AI, sorry.It is still very, very much in diapers.What the day comes, but as my father advised me "you would be the first to buy you a new model, which almost nobody has, which is why you may not find spare parts easily, that the failures of this first run are not corrected .....You would take one that is seen that it is quite proven, that you easily find spare parts and workshops where they know how"Prototypes" that has gone through situations that later, it turns out that in real life, the problem is still there, and asking yourself why nose you got to try thingsthat the mood of the companies is for profit and the sooner sells, or if the cost of improvement is high, or the poiregas say that 3 out of 10 will fail, but in the assembly they decide that this is assumed ...... betterI leave it like this and we'll see what happens when patients have those problems ...).
Anyway, it may be my luck, but from my own experience I speak.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
05/05/2024 11:27 p.m.

yoyi said:
hello!I am from Vitoria and they offered me an action of Check or that of Medtronic and I chose that of Medtronic because the other seemed more cumbersome.I hope it helps you :)

Yes, it helps me, yes, thank you!

Antonio200 said:
good morning.I have been diabetic for 40 years and I have not wanted bomb until I could handle it from the phone with AAPS five years ago (I have been sensor for 10, at first Dexcom until social security began to finance free 2, which is the one that is the one that is the one that is the one that is the one that is the one that is theI have now).The bomb is an insight accu-check.

And that trial period what it consists of?I have read people say something that does not "unlock" until you pass a series of tests or courses.Is that so?Have you done it with the supervision of your endocrine or on your own?Thank you!

warholism said:
mikel01 said:
warholism said:
warholism said:

I don't know if there is any more, the truth is that I am not very put.Yes I can say that the experience is being good in details such as the configuration of basal insulin, now I have much more constant blood glucose, because slow insulin was not especially flat.The accuracy of the calculations it does when you put the hydrates is also great.And now trying to regulate for the effect of ALBA, which is also impossible to control.

The worst thing is to feel that pot stuck all day, I think that is what overwhelms me.I hope you carry it better when you put it.😁

You have summarized the advantages and inconvenience that I see 😅😅
I'm glad I am doing well.

lakarme said:

I have only more than four years ago and I am delighted.

It seems that the ones you put on it do not look back, I'm glad you do well.Thanks for the feedback.

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
05/06/2024 9:13 a.m.

I can only talk about Medtronic about others I don't think because I haven't used them.
I've been with a bomb since 2012 as I said all Medtronic
A parading I see.Two 640g, these three previous ones without a sensor associated in the second 640g carry the free1al and the free2.
Since 2021 I have been 780 first with Guardian3 and now with the Guardian4 my last glycosiladWe did not get me to go down, and that we tried many things.
With the latter and the automatic mode I only worry about putting the grams of hydrates that, how, change the infusion equipment every 3 days and the sensor every 7.
I do the programming and I modify when I see it necessary for a long time, I do not know, doctors know it and they tell me nothing, since I have been 780, I have not made many modifications.
The sensor in my case works very well I do not barely make myself capillaries because when I have ever done them they are usually at the "par¨ so my fingers is resting.
Eye that is not perfect, but I am happy with her and if they have things to improve but like all, also each bomb has its pros and cons, so I have read there are no 100% perfect.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
05/06/2024 10:18 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.