{'en': 'Private Insurance & Type I Diabetes', 'es': 'Seguros privados & Diabetes Tipo I'} Image

Private Insurance & Type I Diabetes

Warholismo's profile photo   05/28/2024 10:59 p.m.

Hello.This week I have tried to make a private medical insurance and have closed the doors in all insurers for having DB type I. Without option to exclude care related to this pathology and its possible consequences.

Anyone who has been able to have a recent insurance (Spain)?Would it be a good idea to try to make this condition hiding?

I read you.Thanks 🙂

Warholismo's profile photo
Warholismo
05/28/2024 10:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They never cover pre -existing diseases and if you hid it they will catch you and it will not help you.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/29/2024 10:08 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Neither private insurance nor life insurance ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
05/29/2024 10:38 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

😭

Warholismo
05/29/2024 3:52 p.m.

Private Health ... as in USA
Do you really think that a private company is interested in taking care of a patient's health?His only objective is to make money.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
05/29/2024 10:58 p.m.

On the website of the Association Diabetis Catalunya have this link in case you are interested in looking at it:
Link
It is an insurance brokerage that says that it ensures (life, health, etc ...) to diabetics, but I have nothing with them so I cannot tell you if it is true or economic conditions.
All the best.

pau91's profile photo
pau91
05/30/2024 10:53 a.m.

juance said:
private health ... as in USA
Do you really think that a private company is interested in taking care of a patient's health?His only objective is to make money.

While I agree with you, there are casuistics in which it is interesting and advantageous to have it.Everyone can have their motivations based on their personal circumstances and interests.Anyway, this is not the issue of thread.Thank you.

Warholismo
05/30/2024 11:04 a.m.

pau91 said:
on the website of the Association Diabetis Catalunya have this link in case you are interested in looking at it:
Link
It is an insurance brokerage that says that it ensures (life, health, etc ...) to diabetics, but I have nothing with them so I cannot tell you if it is true or economic conditions.
Greetings.

I see a look, thank you very much, Pau 🙂

Warholismo
05/30/2024 11:05 a.m.

A question that serves me following this thread ... insurance exclusions also affect travel insurance?If I want to go to Japan on vacation and I want to make insurance in case something happens to me (I break a leg, for example) do they also exclude me?

JRIuris's profile photo
JRIuris
05/30/2024 12:14 p.m.

DT 1 desde septiembre de 2023
Glic a debut: 14.
Glic en 2024: 5,6
Toujeo 16 Uds
Novorapid 3/4/3

jriuris said:
a doubt that serves me following this thread ... the exclusions of insurance also affect travel insurance?If I want to go to Japan on vacation and I want to make insurance in case something happens to me (I break a leg, for example) do they also exclude me?

No, I just made accident insurance and they didn't care or not

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
05/30/2024 1 p.m.

If you have private insurance, it covers you up to 90 days/ year abroad.

I have it before being diabetics and I use it for 2 things: Annual Gynecologic Review and Dermatology every 4 or 5 years.I manage everything with the SS.
I do not cancel it for diabetes that if I want insurance later, they will not.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/30/2024 6:13 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Silviagrz either do life insurance either?I mean the insurance that is taken with the bank when you take out the mortgage and you lower the type of interest for making life insurance with them in case you die is paid the house?That insurance does not do it to you either?And if they do not happen if you die who pays that?Or is it directly not to give you the mortgage?In case you knew .. And well regarding private insurance I have one and I did it with diabetes and I have been with her for 30 years of diabetes, I have it in Sanitas and I pay about 55 euros per month plus copayment,Including the pathologies caused by the/and diabetes that I still do not have any wood.

vigante92's profile photo
vigante92
05/30/2024 6:57 p.m.

@Valant92 Just happened to me ...
They gave me the mortgage, but since life insurance did not do it, I pay a little more ...
I had a while since I took it away ... I did not recover what they told me about the payment of it if it died 🤣.But I suppose it happens like all debts, that you transfer it to your heirs just like your goods, and if you do not assume it, because the bank will stay the house ...
Calm that without charging they are not going to stay 😅

Do you have with Sanitas health insurance being diabetic ...?They have never wanted to do it ... and less including this pathology ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
05/30/2024 7:06 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Ah it is worth thank you very much @Silviagrz, what children of p *** the banks, but if I have already been looking at and well they do not make a great discount for life insurance so I will not do any and end if they do not love us ..If effectively with Sanitas, what does not enter is the income and operations if I remember correctly, but since 2019 I have it.What was the only one that assured me ... end up a shame all this, I say one thing if we have so many problems for everything and we are "sick" for everything that is to ensure or that a third loses money, that they recognize aMinusvalia even if it is 33% only for having diabetes because it goes cloth, for what is convenient for them we are very "normal" and for other things we are ... Vaya fabric.Anyway I warm up alone!

vigante92's profile photo
vigante92
05/30/2024 7:52 p.m.

Hello companions !!I hope to help you a bit:
I do have private insurance without limitations due to pre -existing, the "trick" is to have the opportunity to hook you to the car of a collective policy and in the promotion period.I explain my case: my company tends a collective policy for workers and family members in the first degree of consanguinity, in our case we must carry out tenders every 4 years because we belong to the public sector and usually offer the subscription the first month without a statement of health.So you must tantage your partners, parents, brothers and children if they have access to some kind of insurance for collectivities to be attentive to promotions.In addition, the coverage is broader and the smaller price, in addition to that if the company has the subscribed benefit, it is an expense that discounts from the salary mass for the IRPF, such as Transportation Tiket, Tiket Restaurant and Tikt Chist.
I believe that doctors do not get into themselves diabetic or not, but of course, it is something that they cannot omit in the reports and when you send requests for evidence to the insurer there they can realize.
Only someone who just debuts can do the theater of registering and after the time of lack saying that such a thing happens to you and they diagnose you as a diabetic, although of course, they have the appeal not to renew the policy at its expiration.
In my case it is Segurcaixa Adeslas.

fsp4434's profile photo
fsp4434
06/02/2024 1:52 p.m.

I have no experience with insurance for mortgages but they did not do it for another type of pathology either.They are not mandatory and only benefit in few decimillas.

fsp4434's profile photo
fsp4434
06/02/2024 1:57 p.m.

And in international travel insurance I have raised it twice.
The first hired Fiatc at a reasonable price, but the second I no longer did: when the insurer policies with the equivalent benefits of the credit card because I would pay for nothing or very little.
To another!

fsp4434's profile photo
fsp4434
06/02/2024 2:04 p.m.

jriuris said:
a doubt that serves me following this thread ... the exclusions of insurance also affect travel insurance?If I want to go to Japan on vacation and I want to make insurance in case something happens to me (I break a leg, for example) do they also exclude me?

I don't think so.It is different from medical insurance

jriuris said:

No. It is another type of insurance other than health.

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
06/02/2024 3:59 p.m.

diabetic said:
journey?If I want to go to Japan on vacation and I want to make insurance in case something happens to me (I break a leg, for example) do they also exclude me?

I hope they give it to you in writing, because they do it to you and then when something happens they say they do not take care

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/08/2024 9:36 a.m.

antonimar said:
diabetic said:
jriuris said:
jriuris said:
a doubt that serves me following this thread... insurance exclusions also affect travel insurance?If I want to go to Japan on vacation and I want to make insurance in case something happens to me (I break a leg, for example) do they also exclude me?

I hope they give it to you in writing, because they do it to you and then when something happens they say they do not take over

Of course, the hiring was online, but I said that I did not pay anything if they did not send it to me PPR written

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
06/08/2024 12:07 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.