{'en': 'Corticosteroid treatment advice', 'es': 'Consejo sobre tratamiento con corticoides'} Image

Corticosteroid treatment advice

Nila's profile photo   06/17/2024 10:41 p.m.

Good evening, I've been with shoulder pains for 6 months and they have already told me today that it is frozen shoulder, I have been prescribed corticosteroids in pills, I wanted to ask if anyone has had treatment in pills and how about glycemia.It turns out that in a week I planned to go to Italy and well, I am a little with the glycemia legs above but I wanted to not think much that week and how it is very walking and not stopping because to give my whims, obviously, but if I will go up to meI will have to take it into account, the doctor has told me that I could delay the treatment but I do not feel like much, it is 15 days to the silly and I am already fed up, I want to see if it works, but on the other hand I am thinking about it in case it is out of controlA lot of sugar and catches me abroad.

If anyone has had similar treatment and can tell me how, I value whether to start tomorrow or not

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/17/2024 10:41 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

@Nila haven't you told you to go through surgery ...?It is quite simple, with good results ...
Corticosteroids will relieve ... but they will not solve you.
The truth is that corticosteroids make the issue of glucose management very difficult ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
06/18/2024 8:56 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Yes, if it doesn't work, my mother operated.But he told me that to see if with physio and corticosteroids improvement

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/18/2024 12:42 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

@Nila: I had a frozen shoulder many years ago and they only prescribed physiotherapy and specific exercises.I did not take corticosteroids.
What has best me is to continue with shoulder exercises regularly

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/18/2024 12:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Already but I've been a lot of sessions and I have gone worse, I need extra help.

I have decided that I take them after the trip, I'm afraid that abroad is very out of the foreigner and not being able to go to the doctor or not understand myself well

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/19/2024 9:23 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

nila said:
now but I have a lot of sessions and it has gone worse, I need extra help.

I have decided that I take them after the trip, I am afraid that abroad is very uncontrolled and not being able to go to the doctor or not understand myself well

I think it's the best.Enjoy the trip and when you come back.That everyone says that glucose is uncontrolled.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/19/2024 12:36 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I took them 4 days.380 glycemia, much insulin and did not fall from 200.
Stop eating and nothing.
Enjoy the trip and start.
You will double all doses.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/19/2024 3:24 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

nila said:
now but I have a lot of sessions and it has gone worse, I need extra help.

I have decided that I take them after the trip, I am afraid that abroad is very uncontrolled and not being able to go to the doctor or not understand myself well

They have infiltrated you? They are also corticosteroids but it is an injection.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/22/2024 12:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi: I take cortisona daily and other medications that also alter glucose.At first I had very high figures and I have controlled it with the appropriate diet, exercise and doses.
It is a matter of time and if you have to take medication that alters the glucose there is no other to assume it.
All the best.

CarlosT's profile photo
CarlosT
06/23/2024 1:52 p.m.

Hi Nila, I understand that you have type 2 diabetes. With this it is easier to manage the glucocorticoid theme.4 years ago I took 1 tablet (I have DM type1) of intermediate effect and for 24 hours I did not fall from 300, the bowling bolts.It was a mistake of a maxillofacial niece, and my of course, who worried asked an internist and already told him that he did not matter the insulin that put me, ha ha!
On the other hand I work in physiotherapy and own experience.I know that capsulitis is very fucking, but the surgical option is not the panacea either.They have surely proposed a hydraulic dilation + forced mobilization.I would authorize it only in the case that the traumatologist finds adhesions with the arthroscope.Capsulitis tend to cure for themselves (they are very long) but we accelerate the process.If there is no underlying injury that cure I would not operate.The corticosteroids would leave them after the trip, it is more not to travel but that is each of each one.
Do the exercises that send you, if you can buy a tens and use it to tutiplén, local cold and NSAIDs and do not despair.Cheer up!!!

fsp4434's profile photo
fsp4434
06/23/2024 3:48 p.m.

Hello ... I have type 1 diabetes for 40 years, I have 65 ... I had a frozen shoulder years ago and the physiotherapy treatment lasted 2 years, with infiltration in between that did nothing but shoot my glycemia ... a lotPain, I took diclofenac and continue ... I finally stopped going to the kinesiologist (that's the name of the physio) because I tired and exhausted my resources ... but over time I had learned the exercises and I had prepared my elastic bands,My sticks, my implements, and I made them at home with constancy until it was relieved.I recovered my mobility at 80 % and now it is total.
But, soon I started the same with the other shoulder ... and with experience I was only about 10 sessions and continued in my house ... and soon disappeared ...
With my endocrinologist we have remembered that time and, since I have autoimmune diseases related to diabetes, he argues that it could be an alteration of that immunity, but in the articulation ... who will know?!
I do not recommend operating ... say those who went through that they didn't look good ...
If you do not invalidate you greatly, enjoy your trip and then put the batteries and physiotherapy!
Greetings to all my esteemed partners of Vida de Vida !!

monesga's profile photo
monesga
06/24/2024 6:51 p.m.

Thank you very much to everyone.I have left the corticosteroids as you said after the trip because I have come to Rome and I did not want to deprive me of gastronomy, so doing 20km daily I have allowed me to eat (I do not use insulin).On the subject of operating, my mother went quite well, in principle I have 30 physio sessions, they have prescribed me with the corticosteroids another 20. With that we will see and after the summer I value the operate.It is costing me a lot because having a baby I always make efforts/ with that arm and now I am always with her, to see if when the nursery begins in September it gives me a little truce

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/26/2024 9:47 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

Being metformin, I should tell something to
Doctor to change treatment or something?I have already started today, I have eaten a food misery at noon and I have not cried, just a sugar soda and two bread peaks with a sausage.I have done analysis before dinner and I am already in 185, that long are going to do the 20 days.I also hurt my legs and I come from making a trip in the
That we have done 20km daily and they have not hurt me.And this afternoon returning home to take a walk was burst (it is also very hot), I don't know if the corticosteroid or high sugar will have to do

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/01/2024 11:15 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

I have looked at and headful is not until the 8th appointment.The worst days of treatment are these first 5 that I have double doses, then I am reducing from 5 in 5 days.I don't know what to do, really, the doctor who spoke with the endocrine did not tell me, he could have done it

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/01/2024 11:42 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

fsp4434 said:
Hello Nila, I understand that you have type 2 diabetes. With this it is easier to manage the glucocorticoid theme.4 years ago I took 1 tablet (I have DM type1) of intermediate effect and for 24 hours I did not fall from 300, the bowling bolts.It was a mistake of a maxillofacial niece, and my of course, who worried asked an internist and already told him that he did not matter the insulin that put me, ha ha!
On the other hand I work in physiotherapy and own experience.I know that capsulitis is very fucking, but the surgical option is not the panacea either.They have surely proposed a hydraulic dilation + forced mobilization.I would authorize it only in the case that the traumatologist finds adhesions with the arthroscope.Capsulitis tend to cure for themselves (they are very long) but we accelerate the process.If there is no underlying injury that cure I would not operate.The corticosteroids would leave them after the trip, it is more not to travel but that is each of each one.
Do the exercises that send you, if you can buy a tens and use it to tutiplén, local cold and NSAIDs and do not despair.Courage !!!

They haven't sent me any kind of exercise, could you recommend me?And a tens?Thank you so much

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/02/2024 8:07 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

It seems that I am not taking it very very bad in the end

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/03/2024 6:02 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

@Nila a lot of patience.There are a few days, and it will not leave you sequel because you are higher than normal.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/03/2024 8:33 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I am very afraid of that, but if you tell me that since it is a few days it will not affect me so much I am calmer, thanks

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/04/2024 6:47 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

To affect you must be very long seasons, for example my partner's brother.
Spending 15 years, since the 43 of diabetes (the father died of diabetes) because he has been admitted for 3 weeks.They have cut half foot.With bad control does not heal

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/04/2024 6:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ufff I'm very sorry.

I thought that when lowering the dose they would improve glycemia, but I am always in 200, every time I climb a lot, of course.I only take it once a day and I have it higher than before, I suppose it will be a cumulative effect, I have been counting today I think 10 days of treatment.Let's see when it ends.With regard to the shoulder, much better, hopefully with physiotherapy the pain is finished

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/11/2024 7:17 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.