{'en': 'Corticosteroid treatment advice', 'es': 'Consejo sobre tratamiento con corticoides'} Image

Corticosteroid treatment advice

Nila's profile photo   06/17/2024 10:41 p.m.

I'm late to tell you something, but I get at least.

I have been taking corticosteroids for 2 years and glucose shoots me every day;I don't even tell you when I "get out" a little at some meal.Today for example: tortilla and water skewer;Dessert: 4 cherries.All afternoon with 353 to 375. A barbarity, but it is what corticosteroids have.

I have a frozen shoulder (and with sequelae of an anterior cancer) and the other shoulder with a broken tendon, so I don't even tell you the pains.The physio ... I couldn't endure it;Operation discarded by age ... so it's time to endure with infiltrations (which can only be 4 year ... I don't know if you know).

Summarizing and as I understand that you are still young ... look alternatives that doctors give you, and a lot of patience.

Chesana's profile photo
Chesana
07/16/2024 2:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you so much.I hope you get better soon.

I already have 5 days of treatment, the very high glutemia and when eating more.But the pain has sent me a lot and I have 16 sessions of physio prescribed so I hope it already ends because I have recovered a lot of mobility.

I also hope that from next week I get stabilized glycemia.

Much encouragement !!!

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/16/2024 11:52 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
thank you very much.I hope you get better soon.

I already have 5 days of treatment, the very high glutemia and when eating more.But the pain has sent me a lot and I have 16 sessions of physio prescribed so I hope it already ends because I have recovered a lot of mobility.

I also hope that from next week I get stabilized glycemia.

Much encouragement !!!
It happened to me that days after corticosteroid treatment I have gone out with the bicycle to play sports (MTB);45 km of mountains, vegetation, stones, gaps and what you can imagine, I swept a lot because it was quite hot.
Without eating anything along the way, I just took approximately 1.1 liters of water;At breakfast, a glass of pure cocoa with bio of soybeans and an overwhelming of Estevia and accompanied with a flesh with French tortilla.
Well then;On an empty stomach and when I came from playing sports (3 and a half hours) it had 130 equal.
That is my adventure when treating me epicondylitis with corticosteroids for 15 days, I hope you do better.

Prankman's profile photo
Prankman
07/17/2024 10:48 a.m.

Well, I will tell you in the next few days, I put on a new sensor yesterday and they will have about 8-9 days with the sensor running, to see if I improve the glycemia and I do not have to be clicking much, which I have already spent the two thatI had left of pregnancy last year

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/17/2024 3:55 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

Good night!The 20 ends the treatment and glucose is still not normalized, I am above 150 and from there up, 350 glycems after eating and things like that.When is regulated again?It will do a year that I do not sulked me already insulin and I am only with metformin.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/24/2024 11:44 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

nila said:
good night!The 20 ends the treatment and glucose is still not normalized, I am above 150 and from there up, 350 glycems after eating and things like that.When is regulated again?It will do a year that I do not sulked me already insulin and I am only with metformin.

It is that maybe you should have insulin even if it was temporarily.If with metformin it is not enough, we will have to look for solutions.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/24/2024 11:56 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

nila said:
good night!The 20 ends the treatment and glucose is still not normalized, I am above 150 and from there up, 350 glycems after eating and things like that.When is regulated again?It will do a year that I do not sulked me already insulin and I am only with metformin.

Diet, sport and time for your organism to stabilize the levels, I have already dropped from the 130.
.... and waiting for me to fall at all to infiltrate my elbow with more corticosteroids.

Prankman's profile photo
Prankman
07/25/2024 7:41 a.m.

@Prankman
Have you not tried the EPI?It is the only thing that cured epicondylitis to my brothers and me, and has no side effect ...

isabelbota
07/25/2024 8:20 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
@prankman
Have you not tried the EPI?It is the only thing that cured epicondylitis to my brothers and me, and has no side effect ...

Explain me how please consist

Prankman's profile photo
Prankman
07/25/2024 9:27 a.m.

It is a technique in which they introduce you a needle and give you downloads.That eliminates the dead tissue and leaves space for new fabric to regenerate.It is perfectly bearable and works very well.I already tell you that my brothers have cured us.The fisios who have the machine do.I don't know where you live, but find out.In large cities there, and in Granada that I live too.I did it many years ago, there must already be everywhere.

isabelbota
07/25/2024 12:05 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
is a technique in which they introduce you a needle and give you downloads.That eliminates the dead tissue and leaves space for new fabric to regenerate.It is perfectly bearable and works very well.I already tell you that my brothers have cured us.The fisios who have the machine do.I don't know where you live, but find out.In large cities there, and in Granada that I live too.I did it many years ago, there must already be everywhere.

How many sessions did you need?

Prankman's profile photo
Prankman
07/25/2024 12:22 p.m.

Prankman said:
Isabelbota said:
It is a technique in which they introduce you a needle and give you downloads.That eliminates the dead tissue and leaves space for new fabric to regenerate.It is perfectly bearable and works very well.I already tell you that my brothers have cured us.The fisios who have the machine do.I don't know where you live, but find out.In large cities there, and in Granada that I live too.I did it many years ago, there must already be everywhere.

How many sessions did you need?

I do not remember whether one or two (I have also done it to my shoulder).

isabelbota
07/25/2024 3:47 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
nila said:

It is that maybe you should have insulin even if it was temporarily.If with metformin it is not enough, you will have to look for solutions.

I think the error has been mine for not consulting with the endocrine, but since I have the hospital appointment in January and the header does not take me ... Anyway I am not in my city now, if I see that there is no way thatI got off

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/28/2024 12:30 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

I had frozen shoulder and I spent 1 year with physio session 2 vwcesbpor week and exercises at home daily, they put 3 injections in Cortisona's shoulder, I vorrehi with insulin.What I took it was the phisotherapist that I had ennla social security

nuriapal1's profile photo
nuriapal1
07/29/2024 3:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.