{'en': 'Why does glucose be triggered by eating only proteins?', 'es': '¿Por que se me dispara la glucosa comiendo sólo proteinas?'} Image

Why does glucose be triggered by eating only proteins?

Dani_GT's profile photo   07/22/2024 8:20 a.m.

I am recently debuting and I am still with a sea of ​​doubts ... the following doubt I know that it owes it to my educator, but I have no appointment with her until within a week.
According to what the educator told me or at least I think I understood, he told me that if in one of the meals he only ate proteins (or less than 10g of hydrates) I do not need to administer insulin.Well, for breakfast (or what is said to have lunch here, by Valencia), I prepared a sanwich with two slices of K protein bread, with half avocado, a boiled egg and a can of drained tuna, according to the calculations ofThe MyfitnessPal application would be a total of 8g of hydrates, as it is to eat it and it is triggered at 280, starting from initially I had the glucose to 160.
What does it escape me or am I doing wrong?
Thank you!

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/22/2024 8:20 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi Dani.It depends.I still have a little pancreatic reserve and if in the food I take few hydrates, as in the morning I have gone to walk, I do not get fast.
Breakfast is something else.It is when I need most, I have to put it from the beginning.The body is very resistant at that time.
And besides, if you are at 160 ... it is already high parts.You need insulin to lower it if you are going to eat.
When I go on a hiking route breakfast in the middle of the route, a protein bread sandwich and I don't put insulin if I walk over 80. But think that starting from 80 and moving, I usually put at 150.
Conclusion: At normal breakfast at home you will need insulin yes or yes.What the educator has told you may serve you for food or dinner, and can only, according to the pancreatic reserve that you may need insulin in all meals.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/22/2024 9:07 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
Hi Dani.It depends.I still have a little pancreatic reserve and if in the food I take few hydrates, as in the morning I have gone to walk, I do not get fast.
Breakfast is something else.It is when I need most, I have to put it from the beginning.The body is very resistant at that time.
And besides, if you are at 160 ... it is already high parts.You need insulin to lower it if you are going to eat.
When I go on a hiking route breakfast in the middle of the route, a protein bread sandwich and I don't put insulin if I walk over 80. But think that starting from 80 and moving, I usually put at 150.
Conclusion: At normal breakfast at home you will need insulin yes or yes.What the educator has told you may serve you for food or dinner, and can only, according to the pancreatic reserve that you may need insulin in all meals.

Thanks Isabel, now I understand it much better!

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/22/2024 9:35 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Dani_gt: I hope this Serafín Murillo's publication will clarify the effect of proteins and fats on blood glucose.

Link

If it serves you as comfort, I have taken a lot of years to find out about this topic.To me (I speak of you a lot of years ago) they explained to me to take fat in moderation and that the proteins did not raise blood glucose.
Do not be discouraged, diabetes is a very complex disease and there is no other than learning on the march.
Currently, with the information that is available and in places like this forum, you will be able to learn many things related to this disease that will help you in your day to day.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
07/22/2024 9:43 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
@dani_gt: I hope that this publication of Serafín Murillo will clarify a little the effect of proteins and fats on glycemia.

Link

If it serves you as comfort, I have taken a lot of years to find out about this topic.To me (I speak of you a lot of years ago) they explained to me to take fat in moderation and that the proteins did not raise blood glucose.
Do not be discouraged, diabetes is a very complex disease and there is no other than learning on the march.
Currently, with the information that is available and in places like this forum, you will be able to learn many things related to this disease that will help you in your day to day.

Thanks for the information, I see that I have so much to learn ... there is a time that overflows so much information, I am still assimilating everything.
I am a little unwilling, as if all this were not with me.

Thank you again for the help.

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/22/2024 10:27 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Two slices of bread even if it is protein, it has to be more than 8 gr of HC ... much more.
Also if you have arrived in 160. You may have little insulin in the body and when you start moving your muscles, ask for glucose and not find enough insulin to use it ... which forces the body to burn fat to produce more glucose,that stays in the blood.
You have to investigate a little more.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
07/22/2024 10:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

juance said:
two slices of bread even of protein, it has to have more than 8 gr of HC ... much more.
Also if you have arrived in 160. You may have little insulin in the body and when you start moving your muscles, ask for glucose and not find enough insulin to use it ... which forces the body to burn fat to produce more glucose,that stays in the blood.

That is the feeling that I have, which I am not telling the hydrates of the protein bread, the one that uses the supermarket consumes "protein k", which indicates 6.2g of hydrates per 100g, I consume 73g (two slices)

That come to be: 4.5g of hydrates:

PAN 4.5G
Agucate (30g) 2.6g
Tuna in can (80g) 0.7g
-------------------
Total 7.8g of hydrates

This is how I have calculated it, it is possible that I have less counted in something, I have taken them out of the MyFitnespal application.

Today I have come to repeat the operation, but I have administered the fast insulin 3U., I have left that I was 143, right now I have had breakfast for two hours and I am already 190.

The slow insulin I manage at 5.00 in the morning, when I got up I was in 114, for the moment I have not modified anything of the slow insulin, but in Cnuanto I rise to I start up, I think it is what they callThe "alba effect".

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/22/2024 11:11 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

dani_gt said:
juane said:
two slices of bread even if it is protein, it has to be more than 8 gr of HC ... much more.

That is the feeling that I have, which I am not telling the hydrates of the protein bread, the one that uses the supermarket consumes "protein k", which indicates 6.2g of hydrates per 100g, I consume 73g (two slices)

PAN 4.5G
Agucate (30g) 2.6g
Tuna in can (80g) 0.7g
-------------------
Total 7.8g of hydrates

This is how I have calculated it, it is possible that I have less counted in something, I have taken them out of the MyFitnespal application.

Today I have come to repeat the operation, but I have administered the fast insulin 3U., I have left that I was 143, right now I have had breakfast for two hours and I am already 190.

The slow insulin I manage at 5.00 in the morning, when I got up I was in 114, for the moment I have not modified anything of the slow insulin, but in Cnuanto I rise to I start up, I think it is what they callThe "alba effect".

Not that you tell badly, this is not an exact science, each body acts differently.You are starting and you still don't know the reactions of your body, like all when we start.And over time, based on trial-error we end up learning.
One thing to consider, in case it serves you, is that in the morning the rapid acts slower.If you see that you have peak at breakfast but then you lower very fast, that indicates that the food has acted before insulin, so you climb a lot and then go down when the insulin acts.(It is precisely what Serafín Murillo tells in the post they have put you).
It happened to me and testing, if I shed half an hour before breakfast I no longer make a big peak or downturn later.
The amount of insulin to put on is as important to me as the time to put it.
I only tell you so that you take it into account, but you already know that in diabetes each thing works for us.

isabelbota
07/22/2024 1:08 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

juance said:
two slices of bread even of protein, it has to have more than 8 gr of HC ... much more.

They have the hydrates they say.I use the same bread.

isabelbota
07/22/2024 1:09 p.m.

Hi Dani, I think a little like @isabelbota
In the morning is when I have more resistance ... (and most if I hurry me) you are still eliminating for ej cortisol.
If you add that parts of 160, although you eat proteins ... and very little HC ...
I even sometimes without breakfast anything, I begin to climb, go up and up ...
But I also give you a different fact to the classmates.For few HC you take, if you take fat, sometimes, "they are enhanced."The climb may not be so fast, but it is kept in time ...
(Where is it better is when you eat outside. As healthy as you eat, I don't know what the thing has at 3-4h ... begins to rise).

I understand that you do not have a boli of those who supply 0.5und.My experience is that although I take 0.5-1 ration I always wear something, unless it starts from very down and I will move ... and for eg at breakfast, depending on how much you have on an empty stomach and such (thatI correct), I have to put on 1und.safer ...

Little by little.You see "Analyze", watching you ... and what I have told you on another occasion.Take what comes well to you, after all we are all different.This is a world !!And besides, a very big !!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/22/2024 1:12 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

If it is true that when I get up, about 4:30 it starts to go meaningless, since I remain fasting until 9:00 and that is when I arrive around 160. For what you tell me I see that yes, that it will beA sum of everything, the one that goes up as soon as I get up and eat proteins and fats, which in the end also upload my glucose.
I had made the illusion of taking away "the puncture" of breakfast, but I think there is no other, for the moment I will not make many experiences and try to look for the maximum stability that I can with the level of glucose, learning little by little.
Thank you very much

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/22/2024 3:48 p.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Dani_gt I like that bread.With your breakfast and starting from 160, I put 4 uds of insulin if I am in a normal, office and labor regime.
Today I am on vacation in the sun and with those 4, I have gone to hip I have left 170 (you see the Parmesan ...) I just told my family to remind me that tomorrow only 2 units.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/22/2024 3:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Dani_gt, you have to get to know.Points what you eat, the controls of before and after and the dose quickly, and you learn what you have to wear.
A fast unit usually goes down 50 glucose units, but you have to check it in your body.
In the end, it is the diabetic himself who best knows how to control.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/23/2024 5:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@dani_gt, you have to get to know.Points what you eat, the controls of before and after and the dose quickly, and you learn what you have to wear.
A fast unit usually goes down 50 glucose units, but you have to check it in your body.
In the end, it is the diabetic himself who best knows how to control.

Thanks Regina, I'll try little by little, I'm still afraid, but I don't think it will be the best way, to learn from mistakes

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/23/2024 5:50 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I leave the bread, the normal rises a barbarity and the protein is disgusting, I get an anguish to the protein ..... that gomoso touch and artificial flavor Puaaaaaa.Proteins also raise glucose not as much as HC but end up rising

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
07/23/2024 11:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

rogerix said:
I leave it, the normal rises a barbarity and the protein is disgusting, I caught an anguish to the protein ..... that gumous touch and artificial taste Puaaaaaaaa.Proteins also upload glucose not as much as HC but end up rising

Well, in the end he found the taste, even when I have time toast, but I limit it only to breakfast.I have stopped eating bread (before debuting), I only use it for comfort, since breakfast outside and I take it to work, it is more practical.

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/23/2024 1:16 p.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi Dani_gt.I am also a rookie and my breakfast is practically identical to yours.In my case, I get up with 80-90 and put 4 fast 25 minutes before the first bite (I have a lot of insulin resistance in the morning).My educator has also told me that when she only eats proteins I don't need to prick, but she has repeated me several times that it never applies to breakfast.

VeroGal's profile photo
VeroGal
07/24/2024 10:26 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2024
Uso Abasaglar y Novorapid.

verogal said:
hello dani_gt.I am also a rookie and my breakfast is practically identical to yours.In my case, I get up with 80-90 and put 4 fast 25 minutes before the first bite (I have a lot of insulin resistance in the morning).My educator has also told me that when he only eats proteins I don't need to prick, but he has repeated me several times that that never applies to breakfast.

Hi Verogal, thank you for your comment, this Thursday I have an appointment with the educator and I will comment, but as you say, now before the first bite I get 3 quickly and I do much better, I even think that 4 would go even betterI will try little by little.Many animos!In the end we will learn.

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/24/2024 11:20 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

dani_gt said:
juane said:
two slices of bread even if it is protein, it has to be more than 8 gr of HC ... much more.

PAN 4.5G
Agucate (30g) 2.6g
Tuna in can (80g) 0.7g
-------------------
Total 7.8g of hydrates

I am consumer of the Pan Protein K and I have the feeling that it has more hydrates than the label.The carbohymic peak is long before what proteins usually do.

Although it does not have a high load, I think those 6 gr to 100 are very optimistic.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
07/24/2024 11:25 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Josemibi said:
dani_gt said:
juane said:
juane said:
two slices of bread even of proteins, it has tohave more than 8 gr of HC ... much more.

PAN 4.5G
Agucate (30g) 2.6g
Tuna in can (80g) 0.7g
-------------------
Total 7.8g of hydrates

I am consumer of the Pan Protein K and I have the feeling that it has more hydrates than the label.The carbohymic peak is long before what proteins usually do.

Although it does not have a high load, I think those 6 gr to 100 are very optimistic.

The truth is that if it gives feeling more, it is to eat it and hit good climb.Now with 3 quickly I control it more, today the maximum peak has been 161, nothing to do with the other times, it is also the truth of values ​​of 124.

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/24/2024 11:33 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.