{'en': 'Why does glucose be triggered by eating only proteins?', 'es': '¿Por que se me dispara la glucosa comiendo sólo proteinas?'} Image

Why does glucose be triggered by eating only proteins?

Dani_GT's profile photo   07/22/2024 8:20 a.m.

I use that bread, protein K and that of the Aldi, I have not noticed difference.I always put the insulin 30 min before breakfast.
Important is breakfast time and the starting value.From 10:00 I can put the insulin with the first bite.And not a peak.
But from 6 to 9:30 my resistance is brutal.Some endocrine recipes metformin to type 1 for this resistance.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/24/2024 2:04 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I use that bread, protein k and that of the aldi, I have not noticed difference.I always put the insulin 30 min before breakfast.
Important is breakfast time and the starting value.From 10:00 I can put the insulin with the first bite.And not a peak.
But from 6 to 9:30 my resistance is brutal.Some endocrine recipes metformin to type 1 for this resistance.

Tomorrow I will tell my educator to see what she tells me, the same thing happens to me.
Thank you!

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/24/2024 4:50 p.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi Dani_gt.I have been in DM-I for almost 47 years, and they treated me at the beginning with pills, we are going that the pancreas served less to do insulin.In these years the changes in nutritional theories do not see how they have gone ...
Your main issue: yes, proteins rise glycemia.Slowly but inexorably, when the endocrine confirmed it to me, we have the altered metabolism and the excess of proteins and fats we make it glucose, wing, to fuck 🤷🏻‍♂️.If as cheese at 10pm, (200g) the glucose goesWhere it touches him but from 6 or 7 he begins to climb little by little, the very traitor.If I go out to eat and like a good durum or any other well -left outflow story I know that I do not need to have dinner to be hyperglycemic starting at 8 pm, so quick bowling on demand from there.Fat helps to relire the glycemia rise, such as fiber, but the excess rises a little slower than proteins.
So what we had influenced or not, in the morning glycemias, amen of cortisol, adrenaline and such and such, that drove me crazy.
In the end my strategy has derived that not breakfast, just a good cup of coffee with a little bit of milk and I only put insulin if I get up over 150 or if I see that it goes up.For the little physical expense that I do I do not need contribution normally.
Before the morning hypos were common and especially before eating, I don't even remember them.
The nutritionists believe they know about this because they studied it, but knowledge is still too biased by commercial conveniences, fashions, philosophies, and above all lack of honest clinical studies.Do not give anything for granted and apply your observations, the 2+2 = 4 in diet+insulin is not usually true and we must enjoy the life as much as possible.
Greetings to all.

fsp4434's profile photo
fsp4434
07/30/2024 9:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

fsp4434 said:
Hi Dani_gt.I have been in DM-I for almost 47 years, and they treated me at the beginning with pills, we are going that the pancreas served less to do insulin.In these years the changes in nutritional theories do not see how they have gone ...
Your main issue: yes, proteins rise glycemia.Slowly but inexorably, when the endocrine confirmed it to me, we have the altered metabolism and the excess of proteins and fats we make it glucose, wing, to fuck 🤷🏻‍♂️.If as cheese at 10pm, (200g) the glucose goesWhere it touches him but from 6 or 7 he begins to climb little by little, the very traitor.If I go out to eat and like a good durum or any other well -left outflow story I know that I do not need to have dinner to be hyperglycemic starting at 8 pm, so quick bowling on demand from there.Fat helps to relire the glycemia rise, such as fiber, but the excess rises a little slower than proteins.
So what we had influenced or not, in the morning glycemias, amen of cortisol, adrenaline and such and such, that drove me crazy.
In the end my strategy has derived that not breakfast, just a good cup of coffee with a little bit of milk and I only put insulin if I get up over 150 or if I see that it goes up.For the little physical expense that I do I do not need contribution normally.
Before the morning hypos were common and especially before eating, I don't even remember them.
The nutritionists believe they know about this because they studied it, but knowledge is still too biased by commercial conveniences, fashions, philosophies, and above all lack of honest clinical studies.Do not give anything for granted and apply your observations, the 2+2 = 4 in diet+insulin is not usually true and we must enjoy the life as much as possible.
Greetings to all.

Thank you very much for your comment, the truth is that lately I have it a little more controlled, I have proven that I am much better the dinners, and I have readjusted the slow insulin.
What reason are you!, trying to apply mathematics to the heart does not work for me, as you say I can't give anything for granted ... I have so much to make mistakes and learn!
I still don't know what kind I am, since the endocrine has doubts.According to him, I look like type I, but I do not have many of this type's symptoms, next Friday I hope to get out of doubt, since we are waiting for the result of some antibody analytics, we will see that the destination gives us.

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/30/2024 10:01 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

dani_gt said:
I am just debutant and I am still with a sea of ​​doubts ... the following doubt I know that I should consider my educator, but I have no appointment with her even insidea week.
According to what the educator told me or at least I think I understood, he told me that if in one of the meals he only ate proteins (or less than 10g of hydrates) I do not need to administer insulin.Well, for breakfast (or what is said to have lunch here, by Valencia), I prepared a sanwich with two slices of K protein bread, with half avocado, a boiled egg and a can of drained tuna, according to the calculations ofThe MyfitnessPal application would be a total of 8g of hydrates, as it is to eat it and it is triggered at 280, starting from initially I had the glucose to 160.
What does it escape me or am I doing wrong?
Thank you!

I have read all the posts a little, I recognize that a little diagonally so excuse me if someone already mentioned it and I repeat.In FB there is a group entitled Diabetes low in hydrates and there is a book entitled a solution for diabetes that you can find there translated.It is very American and you have to read it from that perspective but it helps to understand a lot.

Insulin needs vary throughout the day.If you have flu or an infection you will need slower and when you get up in the morning the glucose tends to climb the same effect of hormones.Little by little.They are not mathematics do not haha ​​... I have been with diabetes almost 31 years ..... become a friend of her and learn to understand her.Little by little there are many variables but the low d diet for me is great.Hugs!!

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
08/04/2024 10:03 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.